Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E18: Live Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

Happy for Carter.  He's amazingly poised and professional for someone who just turned 15.  His voice is absolutely beautiful.

If it wasn't going to be him, I would have been happy with Jim or Desz.  All 5 were so talented. 

Longgggg Finale, but good season, overall.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dogfish said:

I think Carson read the results card backwards. How were John and Dez 5th and 4th respectively?

Because if the kid didn't win, he was probably going to cry.

Hey Voice, if you want to have babies on stage with adults, why don't you do a junior version. This way they can all make praying hands, signs of the cross and weird faces together 🙄

• LOL 2

I’m glad to see Carter win. He and Desz ended up as my favorites this season. I hope the label treats him right and that he has a long and successful career

The Blake/Gwen skit was pretty funny

I didn’t know John Holiday was an opera singer until it was mentioned last week somewhere. That’s how much I paid attention to backstage stuff

I’m not sure I even remember last season lol. As an excuse, this past Spring was a bit of an odd whirlwind to say the least

• Love 1

I thought Desz would come in second. Looking at her face when he (finally) read the name, she seemed to be totally shocked and not happy.  Not that she would be happy not to win, but she seemed really surprised to come in so low.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3

The finale part 2 was better than part 1 which was a little underwhelming.  Love Desz and Kelly's duet!!  She was my favorite.   Disappointed that she came in fourth.  I thought she would at least get third since I figured Carter would win.  I always liked Jim but he didn't become another favorite until the semi-finals.

Great to see the guests but I do miss the duets with one of the finalists and a guest.  There were some really great duets doing that.  Coaches' duets only work if you have a coach with great vocals like Kelly.  I think Carter had to hold back since Gwen was his coach.  I always felt bad for the contestants that had to sing with Pharrell even though I think he was a good coach in other aspects.

• Love 3

So Gwen finally got a win.  I'm glad for her as I think she really was a good sport and filled in last season after Adam left with short notice.  I don't necessarily think she is one of the better coaches, but I do appreciate her positive attitude.

It will be interesting to see/hear what will happen to Carter's voice as he matures.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It will be interesting to see/hear what will happen to Carter's voice as he matures.

I agree. But I doubt anyone will remember him (just like most of the past winners). I think The Voice US will be airing another new season by March 2021. It seems like it's on 2x a year

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So Gwen finally got a win.  I'm glad for her as I think she really was a good sport and filled in last season after Adam left

I would much rather have had Christina Aguilera, Shakira or Alicia Keyes than Gwen. 

• Love 1

I'm glad Carter won, he was one of the few I could remember the name of for the longest time.

I was surprised Ian made it to 3rd place. And have to wonder if Blake didn't have 2 singers if he would've won. I say that because I think with 2 singers his votes got split and because he has such a strong fan base I think if he didn't have Ian Jim probably would've won.

I think I would be more excited to win the trip then a contest that doesn't do anything for your career and you get no prize money. They stopped giving away cars too.

My favorite guest song was Pink and Keith, I don't listen to country so I'm not familiar with Keith but I've always like Pink.

I noticed most of those guest performers were not practicing social distancing, it's a good thing Tom Cruise wasn't there. LOL!

I did enjoy the skits with the coaches. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Axie said:

Carter is like Wayne Newton reincarnated.  Except I think Wayne Newton is still alive.

Exactly...hence the name Baby Wayne.  As for Big Wayne...yes, the plastic version is still alive.

• LOL 1