Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Rabbits

• Start Topic

Rattled by her own lies and under pressure from the FBI, Cassie goes against Annie's advice to lay low and tries to find some answers by digging into Alex Sokolov's work life - with bizarre and shocking results.

Airdate: 26 November 2020

A few things:

• Cassie definitely seems to have a drinking problem. Yikes.
  • That guy she picked up at the bar was ridiculously hot so if one is going to get liquified and bang randos, at least there’s that.
  • Blood-covered childhood trauma, check.
  • I love that Cassie has ready-to-go toiletry bags, depending on where she’s flying (domestic, tropix and euro).
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

OMG Cassie, when you find youself in a hole that's over your head and filling with water, stop digging. She is gold medal level of stupid.

Megan still looking suspicious to me wrt to Cassie. What would she need with a bunch of untraceable flash drives?

At least Cassie managed to sleep with a guy who didn't end up dead and covered in the blood the next morning.

Is Miranda some kind of secret agent or something? Or maybe just a psycho with a certain set of skills.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I think Jada is the spy, if there is a spy. (No reason.)

I am surprised that Cassie exercises, but at least it made it believable that she ran down all those steps.

Why did Cassie have 2 passports still in her drawer? I am assuming that she had 1 passport with her when she left for her flight to Rome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Why did Cassie have 2 passports still in her drawer? I am assuming that she had 1 passport with her when she left for her flight to Rome. 

I was assuming they were old expired ones. I have two of them. However, I do not stash them in an underwear drawer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Took me a second to place her but the actress who plays Miranda played Mary Wardwell/Madam Satan on The Chilling  Adventures of Sabrina 

And Cassie continues to act super shady at the exact wrong moment.

Real talk:  “I like you but you fit the FBI’s male, pale and Yale culture to a T”. 

Why does Cassie have more then one passport?  I was thinking she travels so much they get used up quickly.   But still it seems  needlessly suspicious 

And I am thinking that book Cassie is carrying  around is important.  

And I want to talk about the rabbits.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Took me a second to place her but the actress who plays Miranda played Mary Wardwell/Madam Satan on The Chilling  Adventures of Sabrina 

The actress playing Miranda also was Missy/The Master on Doctor Who. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ha, I loved that Sabrina the receptionist hated the pretentiously long title of the stupid rabbit artwork in the lobby. That said, Cassie was grade A stupid for going to Alex's work place to dig around. I'm not advocating fleeing the scene of a murder and then investigating it yourself, but if you are going to do that then at least don't be dumb about it. Doesn't everyone know that there are cameras all over NYC (as well as inside elevators and fancy businesses)? Did she really think she could just walk in there, give a fake name, and miraculously find out who killed Alex? FFS. She already had Miranda's name so the smart thing to do would be to buy a burner phone and call the office to ask about Miranda (or am I just saying that because I watched too many episodes of The Wire?).

It must be exhausting to be friends with someone like Cassie. Her interactions with her coworkers were giving me whiplash. No, I'm too tired to go out. Let's go out! No, I just want to be alone. Whoops, I don't want to be alone at all! This girl needs some serious therapy.

But on the plus side, she has packing bags! I know this might sound crazy but once I got some packing bags, my suitcase became so much more organized. It's so nice to be able to get exactly what you want out of your bag without making a mess or having to repack everything afterward.

• Love 6
On 11/29/2020 at 9:12 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, I loved that Sabrina the receptionist hated the pretentiously long title of the stupid rabbit artwork in the lobby.

But the first part of the title is "Hare-oism in the Face of a Modern World...", which is worth a smol, bunny-sized LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Alcohol.

Yeah that would explain it, but I'm getting a bit concerned there is something more insidious about that little exchange. Court it actually be in Cassie's head? Could there be this weird underlying "Cassie's just crazy" conspiracy? 

Argh!!! I've hit conspiracy heaven - look at what Covid has brought me to!!!! Eeeeeeeeee!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am loving this series!

I agree with previous posts - something weird about the 2 passports.  When I saw one I was thinking, uh oh, Cassie forgot her passport, and won't be able to fly to Rome.  But then there were 2, and I was confused.  Yes, as someone mentioned, they could have been expired, but what would be the point in showing expired passports?  (I also have my expired passports, but they are filed away, not laying on top of my underwear or whatever and so easily accessible.)  I rarely do this, but I may pull this up on my computer and see if I can get a screen shot... 

Every actor in this is fabulous!  Kaley is amazing, especially with the hallucinations (or whatever we're calling them).  And I like that we have a definitely shady person (Miranda) but don't know what she's up to or why, but are also seeing there may be something off about Rosie Perez's character, too.  She was asking Cassie a lot of questions about Alex, and she's either a horrible horrible liar or she was purposely making it look like she was lying to the FBI so they'd be suspicious of what she was saying about Cassie. 

I do find it hard to believe that the FBI would not have confiscated Cassie's passport at this point.  Just letting her continue to work and fly to Rome seemed rather risky.

Did Cassie just remember that she had already woken up once and left Alex, then went back to his room?  Or did I miss something in Ep. 1?

Cassie has now cut herself twice - in Ep 1 she cut her foot, leaving little blood spots on the floor.  And in this Ep she cut her hand by breaking the glass in the bath.  I have to wonder if there's something to all this...  like the passports, it seems weird to put in if it doesn't serve a plot point.

Oh, and @ElectricBoogaloo, count me in as a member of the Packing Cube Cult!  It is such a simple concept, even seems silly at first, but damn, once you use them you'll never go back.  I have to wonder if, just like her pre-packed toiletry bags for different locations, if Cassie has a cube packed with a sexy outfit (including shoes) for each trip.  It was awfully convenient for her to have that killer gold dress with her in Bangkok to go on a date with a random rich dude she banged on the plane. 

ETA:  I rewatched the passport scene - couldn't get a clear enough screenshot of either to read or compare actual info on the ID page, but Cassie had the same (seemingly recent) picture in both and neither were cancelled (they punch a hole through the whole thing).  Miranda gave a quizzical look after looking at them, so yeah, something is up with that. 

Edited by chaifan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

People who travel for a living do often have more than one passport - eg one for Israel and one forAraab countries or a spare they can use when they have to submit one to get a visa.

Edited by wendyg
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

This is fun, and I like Cassie, even though she's a mess. 

I wondered if Jada knew something, but she also seems to be the type of character who will end up being a good friend in the end. 

Are they intimating that she accidentally shot her dad, when he gave her that beer? Or is that just the reason that she drinks?

• Useful 1
On 2/7/2021 at 9:55 PM, wendyg said:

People who travel for a living do often have more than one passport - eg one for Israel and one forAraab countries or a spare they can use when they have to submit one to get a visa.

When I worked as an EA to an executive that traveled all the time, he would fill up passports (even after having extra pages added because they only allow you so much) and have to get new ones, so the ones in the drawer may have been full.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

When I worked as an EA to an executive that traveled all the time, he would fill up passports (even after having extra pages added because they only allow you so much) and have to get new ones, so the ones in the drawer may have been full.

Yes, people can fill up passports, but when that happens the old one is cancelled (hole punched through it).  As I noted above, Cassie's "extra" passports were not cancelled.

My big thing on it is why were the extra passports shown at all if they didn't play into a plotline at some point or another.  It's like the old saying - if they show you a gun in Act I, it will be used by the end of Act III.   They made a point of showing them, and of Miranda looking at them in an odd way, and then...  nothing.  Never mentioned again. 

• Love 2
Just now, chaifan said:

My big thing on it is why were the extra passports shown at all if they didn't play into a plotline at some point or another.  It's like the old saying - if they show you a gun in Act I, it will be used by the end of Act III.   They made a point of showing them, and of Miranda looking at them in an odd way, and then...  nothing.  Never mentioned again. 

Exactly. The Chekhovian Passports that weren't.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, chaifan said:

Yes, people can fill up passports, but when that happens the old one is cancelled (hole punched through it).  As I noted above, Cassie's "extra" passports were not cancelled.

Actually my old boss's filled up passports never came back with holes punched in them.  But in both cases he still had valid visas in them that he might need for future travel.  Some countries will require that you get a new visa when you get a new passport but others just tell you to keep the old passport as long as the visa is still valid and that's OK, just bring the old and new passport with you if you go there.  So sometimes they don't punch holes I guess.

Also, I just found this out - flight attendants are allowed to have more than one valid passport because they travel so often that they would not be able to wait while new passports and visas are being processed.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 2