Type keyword(s) to search

Flight Attendant Media: Free WiFi!

• Start Topic

HBO Max Releases ‘The Flight Attendant’ Season 2 Trailer, Sets April Premiere Date

The Flight Attendant Season 2     April 21    HBO Max 

“Cassie Bowden (Kaley Cuoco) is living her best sober life in Los Angeles while moonlighting as a CIA asset in her spare time. But when an overseas assignment leads her to inadvertently witness a murder, she becomes entangled in another international intrigue.

The new season filmed in Los Angeles, Berlin and Reykjavik.”

She is going to be in recovery but playing spy at the same time?

What kind of spy agency would hire her?

Or maybe they do the recovery scenes early in the season and then drop it.

Did Kaley have long bangs in season 1?

Covering up forehead wrinkles?

I would't care but maybe Cassie is suppose to be 5 years younger than Kuoco or maybe even still in her 20s?

34 minutes ago, aghst said:

Did Kaley have long bangs in season 1?

Covering up forehead wrinkles?

I would't care but maybe Cassie is suppose to be 5 years younger than Kuoco or maybe even still in her 20s?

IDK but Kaley Kuoco looks better now than when she was in her--late, late 20s.

3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Santiago Cabrera as the hot new love interest. 😍 Not featured much in this trailer, but given how season one went, I'm intrigued to know if this new love interest is random, unconnected, and exactly what he seems...or a plant deliberately positioned in Cassie's life for nefarious purposes...

Cast of Season 2 at the Los Angeles premiere on Tuesday.

GettyImages-1391148064-EMBED-2022.jpg

A major spoiler for Season 2 that might help you keep from getting confused about what is going on.

A review from IndieWire

‘The Flight Attendant’ Season 2: Kaley Cuoco Dominates a Season Focused Less on Spies and More on Sobriety

kaley-cuoco.jpg

kaley-cuoco_1-1.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania
4 hours ago, dbklmt said:

Kaley Cuoco announces that The Flight Attendant is NOT returning for a season 3  😀

https://tvline.com/2022/05/31/the-flight-attendant-season-3-cancelled-hbo-max-kaley-cuoco/

She says she doesn't want a third season, but it sounds like the final decision isn't up to her. HBO Max could overrule her if they think there's enough money there.

I tend to agree that there's not much else they could do with the character and have it be realistic. They ended with everyone in a good place.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

She says she doesn't want a third season, but it sounds like the final decision isn't up to her. HBO Max could overrule her if they think there's enough money there.

They can't force her to do a third season unless they have a contract for multiple years.  But this was always billed as a limited series whose success got them a second season.

She was hedging.  I think she's open to a third but she wants to do other things first and needs to be convinced whether creatively or financially.

I'd completely watch a Max and Annie PI spinoff.

• Love 2

HBO Max could overrule her if they think there's enough money there.

They could also recast the role of Cassie or have a third season focused on Annie and Max or Megan and Shane. Or they could bring back Marco. I'd watch him just sleep for a whole episode.

Kaley is the EP and it’s under HER production company. She owns the rights. If there’s no contract, HBO Max can’t continue the show if she’s not interested. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

She didn't completely rule it out though.

10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She was hedging.  I think she's open to a third but she wants to do other things first and needs to be convinced whether creatively or financially.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. She doesn't seem to be interested in it right now but it sounded like her mind could be changed lol.

I don't know about her other projects but she won't have the control she would have on TFA.  For all we know, her other projects are mostly about having her name on the cast list and she doesn't get showcased as much.

I don't know what the ratings were like for season 2 but she gets good coverage, probably did late night talk shows that I don't watch.

Kind of like Big Little Lies, they grafted a second season because of the popularity and acclaim of the first season.

Maybe they want to negotiate a more lucrative deal with the new owners of HBO Max.

53 minutes ago, WildFlower87 said:

At least the first season was a big critical success.

I don't know how the ratings were, though with the critical reception, you'd think both seasons did well.

Kaley was already saying the second season was it pretty much, around the time it was released, which was like a year ago?

Maybe there was some possibility of doing another season if Max came up with enough money.  I think she owned the TV rights to the book so she was making big money off this show.

So if Max offered enough, I'm sure she'd have been open to it. 

She's only done one series after TFA, Based on a True Story.  It doesn't seem like that show has been as well-received.

• Like 2

I didn't expect this show to come back for another season after Kaley pretty much said it was done.  "Based on a True Story" is coming back for a season 2, though.

I looked it up, season 2 finished in May of 2022.

So they waited almost 2 years to announce that it was canceled, which suggests they looked into ways to doing more, but probably wasn't enough money being offered.

• Like 1