Type keyword(s) to search

Flight Attendant Media: Free WiFi!

• Start Topic

Kaley Cuoco was a guest on Dax Sheperds Armchair Expert podcast. I hadn’t heard of the show so looked up the trailer which actually looks pretty good with a great cast. I haven’t read the book so no idea how it will go.

25 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

So is all the material in the book/books been covered so far?

Spoiler

Not all of it. The book has Cassie already working as a CIA agent at the end (still under the cover of a flight attendant but with a new identity and in a new city). In the book, there's also a surprise twist at the very end related to Cassie's family life that the show hasn't alluded to at all, so I don't think the show will use it.

Congrats to Kaley for getting a Critics Choice Awards nomination (actress in a comedy) The other nominees are:

Pamela Adlon – Better Things (FX) 
Christina Applegate – Dead to Me (Netflix) 
Natasia Demetriou – What We Do in the Shadows (FX) 
Catherine O'Hara – Schitt's Creek (Pop) 
Issa Rae – Insecure (HBO) 

42 minutes ago, Valny said:

Congrats to Kaley for getting a Critics Choice Awards nomination (actress in a comedy) The other nominees are:

Yeah for Kaley, but they put this in the comedy category?  I mean, yeah, it had some funny moments, but I wouldn't call this a comedy. Not even a dark comedy.  More of action/thriller with a good dose of snark. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Comedy can be an easier category to win. The drama category is pretty competitive.

True.
But what or who determines whether it’s a drama or a comedy?  
Last year (in the Before Times—it might have been 2 years ago) Barry was in the Comedy category, and, IIRC, part of the rationale was that the episodes were well under an hour.  
And, of course, as with The Flight Attendant, the lead was known for comedy. 

Regardless, I believe the show is award-worthy. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

True.
But what or who determines whether it’s a drama or a comedy?  

They submit themselves for the category. And the fact that they’ve marketed this show as a “dark comedy” from the beginning leads me to believe this is what they always were going for.

• Useful 1
On 1/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, Valny said:

The show was also nominated for Best Comedy Series!

• Love 1

Was reading a Variety article about when she got the Golden Globe nomination.

It mentioned that she's married to a Karl Cook.

Cuoco in Italian means cook (the noun, not the verb).

Kaley Cuoco Cook, ladies and gentlemen! 

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, aghst said:

Was reading a Variety article about when she got the Golden Globe nomination.

It mentioned that she's married to a Karl Cook.

Cuoco in Italian means cook (the noun, not the verb).

Kaley Cuoco Cook, ladies and gentlemen! 

Or, translated/Anglicized: Kaley Cook Cook. 
Oooh! Even better, IMO:  Kaley Cuoco Cuoco. 
But, obviously best, in that smart lady’s opinion: Cool. Don’t have to change the name. 

Edited by shapeshifter

Producers Guild of America nomination!

Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television – Comedy

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO) – Season 10
Producers: eligibility determination pending

“The Flight Attendant” (HBO Max) – Season 1
Producers: Greg Berlanti, Kaley Cuoco, Steve Yockey, Meredith Lavender, Marcie Ullin, Sarah Schechter, Suzanne McCormack, Jess Meyer, Raymond Quinlan, Jennifer Lence, Erika Kennair

“Schitt’s Creek” (Pop TV) – Season 6
Producers: Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy, Andrew Barnsley, Fred Levy, David West Read, Ben Feigin, Michael Short, Kurt Smeaton, Kosta Orfanidis

“Ted Lasso” (Apple TV Plus) – Season 1
Producers: Bill Lawrence, Jason Sudeikis, Jeff Ingold, Bill Wrubel, Liza Katzer, Jane Becker, Jamie Lee, Kip Kroeger, Brendan Hunt, Tina Pawlik, Joe Kelly

“What We Do in the Shadows” (FX) – Season 2
Producers: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi, Paul Simms, Scott Rudin, Garrett Basch, Eli Bush, Stefani Robinson, Sam Johnson, Marika Sawyer, Derek S. Rappaport

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Just finished this and doing it was awesome. Loved Kaley Cuoco and find her very deserving of the award love.

Even being nominated for a Golden Globe for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy" is a big deal.
Although I've heard the Comedy category is less competitive than Drama, and this show is more Drama than Comedy IMO, the Golden Globe Actress in Comedy category has some very stiff competition. Since the show is renewed, it would be a real long shot if she won next year, but it would be awesome too. 
I don't know if she could enter in the Drama category for the same show next year, but that might be a step up too, and, IMO, appropriate. 

Edited by shapeshifter
9 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

‘The Flight Attendant’ & ‘Chad’ Heading To California For Second Seasons Thanks To Tax Credits

The Flight Attendant will be filming it's second season in California, relocating from New York. The Flight Attendant received over $11 million in incentives from the California Film Commission and is set to return to HBO in the spring of 2022.

That's really handy, because

Spoiler

at the end of the book, the CIA relocates Cassie to LA and gives her a new identity so she can spy for them.

5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:
18 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

‘The Flight Attendant’ & ‘Chad’ Heading To California For Second Seasons Thanks To Tax Credits

The Flight Attendant will be filming it's second season in California, relocating from New York. The Flight Attendant received over $11 million in incentives from the California Film Commission and is set to return to HBO in the spring of 2022.

That's really handy, because

Reveal spoiler

at the end of the book, the CIA relocates Cassie to LA and gives her a new identity so she can spy for them.

That is unfortunate, because I like the cast they have assembled, it is improbable that they would all just end up in California.

• Love 1

‘The Flight Attendant’: Natalie Chaidez Boards HBO Max’s Kaley Cuoco Drama As Co-Showrunner, Meredith Lavender & Marcie Ulin Exit

Meredith Lavender and Marcie Ulin, who were co-showrunners of season one, will depart.

Natalie Chaidez will exec produce alongside showrunner Steve Yockey, Kaley Cuoco, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. 

I think this has more to do with the show moving from New York to Los Angeles, than creative differences.

• Useful 1

It’s odd, Perry Mason just got rid of its season 1 showrunners too.

so two new shows have good ratings and is well received critically.  AT&T replaces the people who ran the shows, including the creator of the PM reboot.

4 hours ago, aghst said:

Kaley is no longer Kaley Cuoco Cook — or in Italian, Kaley Cook Cook.

I've always side-eyed her marriage because they didn't live together, he seems very young and sheltered (he's a trust fund baby and never had to work), and the only things they seemed to have in common are horses and pranking each other on Instagram. So not surprised that it didn't work out.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Kaley doesn't seem to have much luck with love or she picks the wrong guys. Hope she finds true love eventually.

She said they parted amicably, which I see as the advantage of not finding true love--which, sorry, but will always end in either divorce or death. My mom really wanted them to die together, but she had 5 progressively more miserable years after Dad died. 

Anyway, I am glad to see Kaley getting into the production end of things as with this show. More than True Love, I hope she continues to more toward professional fulfillment.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Anyway, I am glad to see Kaley getting into the production end of things as with this show. More than True Love, I hope she continues to more toward professional fulfillment.

Thank you for saying this! So many people still believe that "true (romantic) love" is the be-all, end-all of human existence. Everyone is different, and plenty of people find fulfillment through professional success, pursuit of knowledge, travel, volunteering, etc.

• Love 1

‘The Flight Attendant’ Adds Mo McRae, Callie Hernandez, JJ Soria as Series Regulars

Mo-McRae-Callie-Hernandez-JJ-Soria.jpg

In Season 2, Kaley Cuoco will play Cassie who is “living her best sober life in Los Angeles while moonlighting as a CIA asset in her spare time. But when an overseas assignment leads her to inadvertently witness a murder, she becomes entangled in another international intrigue.”

Mo McRae will play Benjamin Berry, a career CIA officer who gets too involved with his assets.

Callie Hernandez will play Gabrielle Diaz, a quick-tempered and calculating bounty hunter whose impulse-control issues often get in the way of her job.

JJ Soria will play Esteban Diaz, Gabrielle’s partner and lover who tries to keep a level head and stay focused on the job, but often gets just as heated as his girlfriend.

TFA-Recurring-Guest-Stars-Grid.jpg

Cheryl Hines, Jessie Ennis, Mae Martin, Margaret Cho, Santiago Cabrera, and Shohreh Aghdashloo join 'The Flight Attendant' season 2 as recurring guest-stars.

Cheryl Hines will play Dot Karlson.

Jessie Ennis will play Jenny.

Mae Martin will play Grace St. James

Margaret Cho will play Utada.

Santiago Cabrera will play Marco.

Shohreh Aghdashloo will play Brenda.

Mo McRae, Callie Hernandez and JJ Soria will be series regulars for the second season of “The Flight Attendant”. They join Season 1 regulars Zosia Mamet, Griffin Matthews and Deniz Akdeniz along with the recurring guest stars Cheryl Hines, Jessie Ennis, Mae Martin, Margaret Cho, Santiago Cabrera and Shohreh Aghdashloo. T.R. Knight, Yasha Jackson, Audrey Grace Marshall and Rosie Perez are also set to return for Season 2.

Edited by AnimeMania