Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Sonia posted on snapchat saying that we shouldn't be mean to Nick and that we all say mean things but sadly his is recorded for everyone to see. 

I think they didn't work but stayed civil and friendly. Maybe after they ended it, Nick felt like he was free from something he basically didn't want. Who knows? Well we will know in a few weeks lol

When she uses the term "...had sex" couldn't that be open to interpretation???  I'm not seeing Nick as being able to really "perform" and wonder exactly what went on between them...I personally don't see any chemistry whatsoever between them and drunk or not...Nick already admitted he has anxiety issues and on and on and on...bottom line...the act may never have been "consummated" just maybe "fooling around" or whatever would pass for "having sex" in Sonia's mind...in any event, this couple was a "non-starter" from the beginning as far as I was concerned.  His "deadpan" personality didn't lend itself to any emotional expression whatsoever...even when he finally went ballistic (with the "open up" scene) it was surely when he was feeling the effects of alcohol...Run, Sonia, run....maybe it's not too late to pair Sonia with Derek???  (that's a joke...)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SaucyMommy said:

I can't see them having any intimacy, and why would they continue to say over and over again the TH that they had not had sex? I don't understand that part at all.

Maybe they wanted to keep it a secret.  It is hard to announce on TV you had sex.

Did anybody catch in the preview that apparently the show is still trying to get Heather and Derek back together and she actually smiled at him when he walked into the room? And Tom and Lilly seemed to have another discussion about he future and Lilly thought Tom wasn't willing to talk about their future plans and she was quite unhappy about that?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, BunnySlippers said:

Did anybody catch in the preview that apparently the show is still trying to get Heather and Derek back together and she actually smiled at him when he walked into the room? And Tom and Lilly seemed to have another discussion about he future and Lilly thought Tom wasn't willing to talk about their future plans and she was quite unhappy about that?

There must be a reason they keep showing us Heather and Derick.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

In an interview with The Knot I think it was - Derek said they were under contract to film for the full 6 weeks so they had to film regardless of the outcome. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

52 minutes ago, SaucyMommy said:

In an interview with The Knot I think it was - Derek said they were under contract to film for the full 6 weeks so they had to film regardless of the outcome. 

Its the damn contract which is why.....and so he can whine for the pity he wants. Sorry but I can't see them even trying again. I think the show would love that to happen and no matter what would push it to death because that is what they do and the "experts" harp on to these people until they break them down to do so. They rather force something that will never be no matter what instead of just accepting that they were wrong in how they do things. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

So now, not only is it bad to be a single mother, raising a son; but to be a single mother raising a son ALONE.  OMG.

Why focus on just the men?  What about the women?  Didn't Lily's father leave the family when they children were grown?  Aren't Sonia's parents separated?  And where is Heather's family?  Why haven't we seen them yet?

If Nick and Sonia had sex, then why did Sonia keep saying that she wishes they'd get intimate?  Unless she doesn't consider their sex intimate.

I believe the whole show is filmed out of sequence and the TH are repeated over and over from week to week

they were probably holding on to the  scene of them having sex in order to create this drama

this show gets worse each year. But I keep watching 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, pdlinda1 said:

When she uses the term "...had sex" couldn't that be open to interpretation???  I'm not seeing Nick as being able to really "perform" and wonder exactly what went on between them...I personally don't see any chemistry whatsoever between them and drunk or not...Nick already admitted he has anxiety issues and on and on and on...bottom line...the act may never have been "consummated" just maybe "fooling around" or whatever would pass for "having sex" in Sonia's mind...in any event, this couple was a "non-starter" from the beginning as far as I was concerned.  His "deadpan" personality didn't lend itself to any emotional expression whatsoever...even when he finally went ballistic (with the "open up" scene) it was surely when he was feeling the effects of alcohol...Run, Sonia, run....maybe it's not too late to pair Sonia with Derek???  (that's a joke...)

That was Bill Clintons line. I did not have " sex" with that woman

• Love 2

So Sonia says they had sex; seems like more than once. If that isn't a weird edit & it's what she's really saying, then I'm left wondering why that happened given Nick was not attracted & so adamant he would not rush into anything physical but that it had to happen 'organically'. There's been no word from him on this in previews & I'm interested to hear what he has to say about it next week.

Edited by gonecrackers
clarifications
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So Sonia says they had sex; seems like more than once. If that isn't a weird edit & it's what she's really saying, then I'm left wondering why that happened given Nick was not attracted & so adamant he would not rush into anything physical but that it had to happen 'organically'. There's been no word from him on this in previews & I'm interested to hear what he has to say about it next week.

I think it's weird that he told the pastor they had only kissed.  If he can talk about a pool bathroom hook up, surely he can admit they had sex.  It's not like Sonia is hideous or a horrible human being, so it's not like he should be ashamed of having sex with her.  This is just a further addition to the "What the Hell is Wrong With Nick?" file.  And he can't claim it's no one's business because he went got married on a TV show.  Their sex life became everyone's business when that happened. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

I think it's weird that he told the pastor they had only kissed.  If he can talk about a pool bathroom hook up, surely he can admit they had sex.  It's not like Sonia is hideous or a horrible human being, so it's not like he should be ashamed of having sex with her.  This is just a further addition to the "What the Hell is Wrong With Nick?" file.  And he can't claim it's no one's business because he went got married on a TV show.  Their sex life became everyone's business when that happened. 

From that video, it seemed like he wants an annulment, and I think that's why he's denying that they had sex. The pastor asked him if he wanted an annulment, and he said something like he wanted at least a get out of jail card. He's such a pig.

• Love 4
Just now, BunnySlippers said:

From that video, it seemed like he wants an annulment, and I think that's why he's denying that they had sex. The pastor asked him if he wanted an annulment, and he said something like he wanted at least a get out of jail card. He's such a pig.

He really is!  Does he know how annulments work?  There's a lot more to it than thinking you can get out of the marriage if you didn't have sex.  How clueless do you have to be???  I don't know how they could come back from that.    I thought I read on his twitter that he was raised by a single mom.  Maybe he's never seen what a successful relationship looks like.  He's obviously emotionally stunted.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, belladonna77 said:

He really is!  Does he know how annulments work?  There's a lot more to it than thinking you can get out of the marriage if you didn't have sex.  How clueless do you have to be???  I don't know how they could come back from that.    I thought I read on his twitter that he was raised by a single mom.  Maybe he's never seen what a successful relationship looks like.  He's obviously emotionally stunted.

They don't even qualify for an annulment so he wont get it. Even if they did not have sex or if they did his "opening up" was horrible. She has done nothing wrong to deserve that kind of reaction from him. I felt horrible watching that, she heard it all and still said nothing, no tears were shed, I don't think I would be strong enough. She seems sweet and is willing to give this a shot.

They hang out now, from the looks of things but I wonder if they forced to be in the same room or they actually just became friends and are friendly. Though the next episode previews does show that Nick is not feeling guilty and is being even more of an ass.

• Love 5

How does a couple qualify for an annulment?

Maybe Nick is in another relationship. Is it possible that he and his boyfriend discussed doing the show for business advertisement knowing that he would be marrying a woman so the boyfriend wouldn't have to worry about him cheating? Perhaps they think of it as just an acting gig. Then Sonia spilled it that they had sex. Oops. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Maybe Nick is in another relationship. Is it possible that he and his boyfriend discussed doing the show for business advertisement knowing that he would be marrying a woman so the boyfriend wouldn't have to worry about him cheating? Perhaps they think of it as just an acting gig. Then Sonia spilled it that they had sex. Oops. 

http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/annulment/annulment-basics/florida.htm
From the looks of things they don't really qualify for annulment.

Your theory that Nick is in another relationship (with a guy) if true is really the oddest choice for advertising his clothing line. You have to be an absolute idiot to do so. There are other ways I think he could of done that....Big brother or something but marrying a stranger who might actually start to like you and be invested is pathetic.
I hope he was seriously wanting to get married because he wanted to and not because of another reason. (i.e his clothing line or his mom)

Worker: I'm going on vacation to Florida and I'm renting an AirBnB from that guy, Nick from Married at First Sight.

Co worker: Who's the guy?

Worker: He married a gal that was afraid of his dogs.

Coworker: Why would she marry him?

Worker: She didn't know he had dogs.

Coworker: You getting a good deal?

Worker: Think so.

Coworker: Sounds good.

Edited by humbleopinion
nitpicking my own grammar
  • Love 2

The opportunity to be on tv doesn't come around everyday. There are rumors that Ashley did the show last season to make her ex jealous and it worked. 

And btw I didn't say Nick isn't pathetic. I thought that was a given.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 1

I still can't comprehend why Nick & Sonia would be paired to begin with, given not just personality issues but the dog issues. Out of how many hundreds of questions there was really nothing about pets? How could that even be possible? Unless they were paired for other reasons & are both getting something out of this that is undisclosed to viewers.

This show is becoming more of a soap opera. I'd love to see an actual documentary on truly arranged marriages & have them followed for a few years - or profile new ones & older ones. That would be interesting - but it would have to be a docu, not something with producers manipulating for drama & ratings.

• Love 3

I don't like Nick's treatment of Sonia but he's not completely wrong about getting along better.  Supposedly,  after exhausting tests of all type, "experts" thought these two would match.  WHY????  his personality style is completely at odds with hers.  This idea of each making up for something the other lacks is ridiculous.  We've seen the results.  Nick overreacts to her withdrawing after he makes what he thinks is an innocent comment.  She is a basket of insecurities because he can't open up.  If they were really supposed to be compatible, it should be easier than it is.  I'm not excusing him for not trying more (at least what we've been allowed to see--we don't know everything), but one would think someone who out of all the people considered, is your match, it should be easier in some respects.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I still can't comprehend why Nick & Sonia would be paired to begin with, given not just personality issues but the dog issues. Out of how many hundreds of questions there was really nothing about pets? How could that even be possible? 

You're making the assumption that candidates answer the questions honestly.  They may leave out some of their deal breakers in order to increase their odds of getting matched, and sometimes people don't actually know in advance what they will and will not put up with.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, RocketGirl said:

You're making the assumption that candidates answer the questions honestly.  They may leave out some of their deal breakers in order to increase their odds of getting matched, and sometimes people don't actually know in advance what they will and will not put up with.

I doubt Nick would have lied about owning dogs as he loves them so much, so that would leave Sonia to have not been honest with her feelings on dogs... but it's all pure speculation, as that it's all for 'good TV', since it could be that as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
spelling & clarifications
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I doubt Nick would have lied about owning dogs as he loves them so much, so that would leave Sonia to have not been honest with her feelings on dogs... but it's all pure speculation, as that it's all for 'good TV', since it could be that as well.

Yeah, what the show actually does with the answers in the name of "good TV" is anybody's guess!

I didn't watch season one, but I have noticed for the last 3 seasons that the Experts keep doing the same damn thing--Matching two opposite personalities with some sort of similar background in common- i.e. absent mother/father, big family.  If it hasn't worked, why do they keep doing it!?! (ratings, duh......but let us pretend that they are descent people who care about other people).  Opposites attract sometimes, not always.

I feel like Sonia and Nick are heading in the direction of Tres and Vanessa.  There was something in the beginning, then some boinking, then all of a sudden, the guy checks out.  No wonder Sonia was so adamant about physical contact- he gave it and took it away just as fast.  Something HAD to have happened, because the producers saw everything before splicing and dicing.  That is why they keep using the same TH and pushing home the point of intimacy, it is what they want us to focus on. 

19 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Sonia gets creative in an IG video:

(Link doesn't seem to work here- but I can watch it when I click the direct link... ugh!

..more.. original source says its private - here is the link broken up-  remove the spaces to see

https://www.instagram.com /p/  BKZe4czhJBdEbp8FBDtw6fwg5izzzQtfyJQRz80/

Can't access instagram here, any way you could describe what this is about?  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

I didn't watch season one, but I have noticed for the last 3 seasons that the Experts keep doing the same damn thing--Matching two opposite personalities with some sort of similar background in common- i.e. absent mother/father, big family.  If it hasn't worked, why do they keep doing it!?! (ratings, duh......but let us pretend that they are descent people who care about other people).

Perhaps it's telling that three out of four "experts" checked out after the third season.

Edited by RocketGirl
numerical mistake
  • Love 2

Rocketgirl- Those "experts" were no doubt (A) in it for the fame, and (B) hired based on their looks more than work ethic. (IMO, of course)  I hadn't seen that many blinged out blazers since Michael Jackson, or tight dresses with smokey eyes since the last time I watch RHWONJ!  

Honestly, the new ones haven't done much to impress me yet, but I don't hate them either.  Although, I do dig the no-nonsense approach of the Pastor.

Edited by Nikkerpotomous
typo
  • Love 1

The Instagram I posted the link to is a little video of Sonia talking to the camera. She added some filters to make her look like an animal- a deer I think. Then she is saying to the camera "Hi dear how are you did you have a good day?" in a really high-pitched/fake animal voice. Then she turns her face to the side, turns back the camera and says, in a deeper, harsh voice "NO! And I think you're unattractive and I don't like you and I don't love you!"

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

The Instagram I posted the link to is a little video of Sonia talking to the camera. She added some filters to make her look like an animal- a deer I think. Then she is saying to the camera "Hi dear how are you did you have a good day?" in a really high-pitched/fake animal voice. Then she turns her face to the side, turns back the camera and says, in a deeper, harsh voice "NO! And I think you're unattractive and I don't like you and I don't love you!"

I also notice that she has been liking/retweeting a lot negative tweets about Nick on Twitter recently. I like Sonia but she does seem to be enjoying the attention that she's getting from this situation and I get the feeling that she is secretly loving the fact that people are hating on Nick (despite her snapchatting her fans to lay off Nick and telling people to not abuse him for her benefit). I'm not saying that she's not entitled to feel this way especially if their relationship ended up deteriorating even more...but I do think that she does come across as a little bit obsessed with the situation to the point where I think that if she genuinely cared about Nick's feelings/well-being then she would stop bringing it up all of the time on SM.  Just my opinion. 

• Love 3

Did anyone watch unfiltered yet? It's up on FYI app. And Nick clarifies that he meant to say that he was not attracted to her over emotional and dramatic personality. He said physically he found her attractive but her constant need for conversations beyond the basics of "how was your day" was often too much for him....So he married a complete stranger and got annoyed when said stranger wanted to get to know him....OH THE HUMANITY!

• Love 10

Nick is trying to walk it back?

Think he needs to start his letter...

Dear Sonia-

Please come back.

I desperately need to shill my dopey, pretentious, clumsily  designed t shirts, tank tops, mugs, hats and socks for the entire shooting schedule.

I will give your foundation a 0.0000001% of any profits from the sales of said crap. 

The lime green boozy drink must be some kind or truth serum and I lost my mind for a few minutes.

I certainly didn't intend to say anything that was remotely truthful, why start now?

Ha ha... 4 weeks in why should the truth enter our relationship?

Sonia, you know you made me say mean things, you and that producer made me lose my cool.

Please, please, please...I have a warehouse full of merch that I was counting on M@FS fanatics to pay over inflated prices to buy.

Let me know because I have the guest room listed on AirBnB and I will pull it off if you say you'll come back.

Hurry up, I'm waiting.

N

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

I didn't watch season one, but I have noticed for the last 3 seasons that the Experts keep doing the same damn thing--Matching two opposite personalities with some sort of similar background in common- i.e. absent mother/father, big family.  If it hasn't worked, why do they keep doing it!?! (ratings, duh......but let us pretend that they are descent people who care about other people).  Opposites attract sometimes, not always.

Yes that is risky for sure; it doesn't always work when people choose their opposite, so that is not great matchmaking (but, you know, can make for good TV).

3 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

I feel like Sonia and Nick are heading in the direction of Tres and Vanessa.  There was something in the beginning, then some boinking, then all of a sudden, the guy checks out

Tres was a player who was not ready for marriage & never seemed to have a connection with Vanessa. He did want to look good though, I think (Nick doesn't seem like he's ever been a player or cares to look good). I felt like Tres used her for a 6 week hookup, played along for a while, then stayed at the 6wk mark to look good, but pulled all affection when the cameras left.

I'm not sure about Tom & Lilly; it's a wait & see. They seem fine together, but there are staged things happening - I'm thinking the 'surprise' was production driven, although it might be because they just need something happening with these two... not saying Lilly wouldn't have wanted to make him happy that way anyway, but I certainly wouldn't be calling his brother on Skype or whatever with him right outside if I wanted to surprise him. He could've walked in at any minute, even quietly, to go get something etc. Not sure they're gonna make it long term, but for now they're a break from the other craziness happening LOL.

Btw, I love your pic & name! I have a kiddo who LOVES hippos so it's a soft spot for me. :)

Edited by gonecrackers
clarifications
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Not sure why they would ask if he wants one. They have always said and made it clear its not an option for these couples. They can only divorce. 

10 hours ago, julyjen said:

http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/annulment/annulment-basics/florida.htm

Your theory that Nick is in another relationship (with a guy) if true is really the oddest choice for advertising his clothing line. You have to be an absolute idiot to do so. There are other ways I think he could of done that....Big brother or something but marrying a stranger who might actually start to like you and be invested is pathetic.
I hope he was seriously wanting to get married because he wanted to and not because of another reason. (i.e his clothing line or his mom)

Maybe no other show would take him. He isn't exactly a personality most these shows are going to want on. 

4 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

Rocketgirl- Those "experts" were no doubt (A) in it for the fame, and (B) hired based on their looks more than work ethic. (IMO, of course)  I hadn't seen that many blinged out blazers since Michael Jackson, or tight dresses with smokey eyes since the last time I watch RHWONJ!  

Honestly, the new ones haven't done much to impress me yet, but I don't hate them either.  Although, I do dig the no-nonsense approach of the Pastor.

The Pastor has done one show before this already. He is very in it for the fame himself as well. I can't stand any of them at all and find them to be nothing more than jokes.

2 hours ago, SaucyMommy said:

Did anyone watch unfiltered yet? It's up on FYI app. And Nick clarifies that he meant to say that he was not attracted to her over emotional and dramatic personality. He said physically he found her attractive but her constant need for conversations beyond the basics of "how was your day" was often too much for him....So he married a complete stranger and got annoyed when said stranger wanted to get to know him....OH THE HUMANITY!

Sounds like someone is trying to make up any excuse he can for his behavior. He is so full of it. Keeping digging that hole Nick. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SaucyMommy said:

Right. More proof he's never been in a real relationship. Now I get it if Nick is one of those people who need quiet time after work to decompress from the day. However if that was the case, which I don't think it was, Nick should've opened his mouth and communicated this to Sonia.

The more Nick opens his mouth the more I agree with those who believe he came on the show to promote his businesses and maybe some free sex. Though I still find it hard to imagine him having even one sexual bone in his body. I don't believe he ever had any intention of investing in the process of the show. 

• Love 5

I hope Tom and Lilly make it or it will be another 0/3 season.

I don't want Sonia reconciling with Nick. I think she can do a lot better... Her SM behavior suggests that they are no longer together. Not sure why they were matched. Maybe because they're both Catholic (random guess) and close to their parents? 

Also, why are all of the guys this season white? Couldn't they find some hot Cuban guys in Miami willing to be on the show? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Also, why are all of the guys this season white? Couldn't they find some hot Cuban guys in Miami willing to be on the show? 

LMAO Probably not desperate enough for this show. 

Hmm if Nick's friends are behaving that way....who does that remind you all of? Not only is he a cold bitch like Ashley but now the friends are getting into it on SM just like her's did over David. SMH 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Nowhere said:

This is what I am beginning to suspect.  He is involved with someone else or, more likely, he's interested in someone else.  Someone who probably doesn't know he exists. Either that, or he doesn't want the dogs to know he's been cheating on them?

• Love 4

Amazing that no matter what Derek can not admit to his wrongs in anything. I am taking it that with how Heather worded things that she is not allowed or there was an agreement made on not saying what the deal breaker(s) were. Yet this was something she stated was a deal breaker long before this show. Seeing how she is on it I wouldn't be surprised if it was put down in whatever forms and told when asked about things but as usually the "experts" do not care about those things. I do think it was a string of things that we just didn't see for whatever reasons. Derek needs to get over himself. Quit whining and suck it up like a man. He needs to start taking responsibility for his actions instead of putting it on Heather for not sticking out his crap for 6 weeks. 

Boy was Nick drunk in that Confessions. Otherwise there is no way he would have let Sonia touch him. LOL 

• Love 6

I wonder if a good lawyer could make a compelling case for fraud on the basis of deception by MATS producers. Unlikely to be worth it for anyone to try, though, since the show seems to make divorce fairly easy as long as the couples choose it at or before the 6-week mark, though. 

Sonia does come across as overly gleeful to me. Does she really think Nick was wrong to decide the relationship wasn't worth working for/didn't have potential? And it's not like he said what he said to her face for the purpose of hurting her. He warned her he was on edge and on the verge of saying mean things. He removed himself from the conversation so that wouldn't happen. The freaking' producer--who had no business being involved in that conversation--interjected (IMHO rudely) and that's what caused Nick's blowup (which still wasn't to Sonia).  

• Love 1

I think Sonia only went there for filming. I don't get the feeling they live there together. She was able to pack her stuff in 5 minutes

i also think that scene was staged- well most of it. 

Why don't they show them swimming at the beach, walking the dogs, jogging?  They just sit around

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

LMAO Probably not desperate enough for this show. 

Hmm if Nick's friends are behaving that way....who does that remind you all of? Not only is he a cold bitch like Ashley but now the friends are getting into it on SM just like her's did over David. SMH 

And that's why I love SM so much, lol!  The producers can try to spin things however they want but the truth comes out on SM.

• Love 2