Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Best day for Derek since his wedding.

He went from worst to FIRST in the husband rankings!

Not in my book. I think at this point him and Nick are tied. Tom is floundering down behind them. LOL I rather deal with making my husband clean his feet off than deal with Derek or Nick. 

26 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Why did he mention Sonia under the hashtags? Is he trying to shove it in her face that he'll make out with his dog but not her? There is no way in hell, unless she had hypnotherapy, that she can go from "afraid of dogs" to "it's fine if my husband lets them lick all over his face and in his mouth". If my boyfriend did this I'd seriously consider breaking up. How can you kiss a man if you don't know whether or not his dogs tongue has been in his mouth.

I didn't even watch it. I saw the way it looked and that said enough for me. No thanks. *gag* There is no way I would want a guy like that. I don't want a dog to lick my hand even so yeah just eewwwww. If I saw this happen with a guy I was dating....um we would be done. I couldn't kiss someone after that...even if he scrubbed really good...just no. SMH

• Love 3

That is disgusting. Both the dog licking his nose and mouth (ewww), but also that he thinks it's okay to troll people like this (and tag Sonia!). To me, this and his other quips on SM show that he has a petty, vindictive personality, and I really hope now that Sonia will not stay with him.

• Love 8

That is totally gross, I love dogs, have had dogs most of my life I am always cuddling them but none of them would be allowed to do that to me. If DH allowed that I would never kiss him again as I would just think dog slobber. Part of being a dog owner is training them to behave and most dogs love the discipline and pleasing their owners.

On a deeper level while he probably thinks it is funny I think it is quite disrespectful to Sonia, he obviously does not care one iota about her and is clearly showing that he does not care about her discomfort around dogs. You would think that if they remained together he would have done some training so his dogs were easier for Sonia to bond with.

• Love 7

I don't understand put downs of Tom...and /or Lilly? I think they are doing great and really bonding. Tom got a little freaked with baby talk at 2 weeks but he has said he would be open in future

Good points...the bus was a non.issue. Sweet little Zeus and sweet little Emma both took to Tom immediately which is a good insight to his real character. Team TomandLilly! 

• Love 2

Yeah, I always had a lot of nieces and nephews around, and my Ex would never play with them, he would go off and watch TV ....... until his best friend had a son and then it was someone to get to know. Tom played with the little girl and she smiled at him a lot, so I think the whole kid thing is another producer driven crisis much like the post nup which seemed to be OK with Lily. 

I am confused about "if a man does not want a dog to lick the inside of his mouth" there is something wrong with him?  I would say if he didn't want sloppy kisses, train the dog. easy peasy. I have a number of female friends that teach their dogs to kiss their lips and I am like Yuck! Granted they have small dogs and tiny tongues, but still, yuck. 

• Love 2

The old myth about dog saliva being totally safe and clean is just that - a myth.  I have read of too many cases of people getting horrible infections or parasites from it.  Just a little lick by accident every now and then isn't going to do anything, but Nick is taking a chance in that video for sure.  Even if he and Sonia were still together if I were her I would be totally pissed at him for that.  Maybe what I've been sensing he's hiding is just that - that he's really a mean spirited asshole and creep!

• Love 5

Sonia's non response to the Nick Lick fest speaks volumes.

Have I missed a SM response across her many platforms?

Where is her usual breezy response of support for her husband's publicity stunts?

Nick is showing his thin skin and spiteful attitude.

His doggie is but a pawn in his grab for fame.

No one hates the pooches.

Edited by humbleopinion
nitpicking my own grammar
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Sonia's non response to the Nick Lick fest speaks volumes.

Have I missed her SM response?

Where is her usual breezy response of support for her husband's publicity stunts?

Nick is showing his thin skin and spiteful attitude.

His doggie is but a pawn in his grab for fame.

No one hates the pooches.

She responded to the lick video. Even the expert Rachel commented. Click on the instagram picture and read the comments 

I believe Sonia and Rachel had sort of a jokey, "that's gross" response.  I like Nick on Social Media (dog licking excepted).  He's pretty funny.  I think that might be what he's like in real life and why Sonia always comments on his sense of humor.  Even though they agreed to do a reality show, it would be tough to have people who see you for a few minutes each week say awful or untrue things about you when they really don't know anything about you.   I think they are required to be on social media so they can't help but see these terrible comments.  Most of his reactions are kind and funny to almost everyone, maybe he just gets fed up sometimes.  Just my two cents.  I think they do have a cute chemistry with one another but not sure they'll make it.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, amola said:

I believe Sonia and Rachel had sort of a jokey, "that's gross" response.  I like Nick on Social Media (dog licking excepted).  He's pretty funny.  I think that might be what he's like in real life and why Sonia always comments on his sense of humor.  Even though they agreed to do a reality show, it would be tough to have people who see you for a few minutes each week say awful or untrue things about you when they really don't know anything about you.   I think they are required to be on social media so they can't help but see these terrible comments.  Most of his reactions are kind and funny to almost everyone, maybe he just gets fed up sometimes.  Just my two cents.  I think they do have a cute chemistry with one another but not sure they'll make it.  

Thanks for the info! :)

1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Acording to this tweet, filming for season 5 in Chicago has started. I am hoping they have at least 1 successful couple this season. 

Seems like they are keeping with how they schedule filming new seasons. 

• Love 1

I think Nick loves messing with people on social media.  I don't think the dog situation is nearly as bad as they're editing it to be, but the dog vid was OTT ridiculous and obviously meant as a big in-your-face response to the social media trolls who over-react to everything on tv.  It was gross but I always like it when people troll the trolls!

• Love 2

I noticed something on the Jamie Otis show this week.  While she was clearly in the same room with Derek, Sonia, Nick, Tom and Lilly in her interviews, Heather was obviously in a totally different room.  The color scheme and lighting were quite different and you never see both of them in the same frame, leading me to believe that Heather's answers were filmed off site.  I don't want to speculate on what that means lest it belongs in another thread....

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2

I think Heather and Derek definitely split based on something I saw in the Jamie Otis interview show this week.  I posted on what it was in that thread but I figured the speculation belongs here while the comment on the Jamie show belongs there......I guess!  Anyway that's no great shock or surprise if so.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Nick is thoroughly enjoying any small blip of publicity he can scrounge up.

Guess he forgot to wear a branded t shirt when he and his doggie went to town with their slobberfest.

Opportunity lost...

I think Nick is thoroughly enjoying stirring shit up.  I wouldn't handle things that way myself but I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I think Heather and Derek definitely split based on something I saw in the Jamie Otis interview show this week.  I posted on what it was in that thread but I figured the speculation belongs here while the comment on the Jamie show belongs there......I guess!  Anyway that's no great shock or surprise if so.

I don't watch that but I know others have said before something about where she films with Heather and how it looks to the others. But I think the description of episode 9 where it says they reflect on their journey so far makes it kind of sound like they are done. Yet it could be taken as something else as well. I just think that there is no way they made it 6 weeks but the show is dragging out what they could in footage of them to make it last the episodes they have to air and look like it was longer than it really was. The editing and mention of weeks/days seems so off with them compared to the other couples.

• Love 4

J'Amie Odious has her own topic subforum so you can choose to write about her weekly 15 minute gift to America there or here.

The logical  follow up for Nick's publicity stunt is to have him perform oral lickity and slickity all over Sonia's face complete with over-the-top loud smacking and heavy panting OR to slobber orgasm over Doggie's furry face.

Picking his beloved puppy's mug to clean with his tongue means he won't have to fake passion.

Careless mistake to forget to wear his brand's merchandise in his last release, Nick will be fully suited up in brand gear in his next SM production.

• Love 3

For anyone in the know---

Once filming is over, if the couples have decided to stay married-- do they continue to live together and live a normal life as a couple or are they required to go back to their pre-wedding spaces and not be seen in regular life at all?  I know we've seen lots of photos of individual cast members together but really only on Sonia's bday of couples together (Tom/Lilly and Nick/Sonia).  I would think if they had to live apart until the show is finished airing a la The Bachelor, I can't imagine it would be good for a new marriage.  

Anyone know the rules for these couples?  

• Love 1

I do not think there is a set rule, both season 1 couples lived together after filming. Other seasons couples only loved together for a few weeks after filming, they all split before the 6 months anyway. It would be strange telling a married couple that they can not live together and I imagine it would set the relationship back a step.

• Love 1

They've been filming her separately since the show began. Jamie said it was because of work. Heather wasn't available to film in the same place as the others. I don't know when the Unfiltered episodes are filmed, possibly they are filmed all at once at the end of the six weeks. 

Since her family & friends did not participate at all in Unfiltered I think Heather had no plans to film it. Jamie has never met Heather and if you watch the segments Jamie asks the question to other participants and they tack her answers on. I am not willing to watch the show again but I do not think Heather gets any specific questions about Derek they are more general mentioning 'your husband' etc.

It was rather sudden that Heather appeared in epidode 3?  while Jamie had been mentioning on social media that Heather did not film Unfiltered not that she had not filmed with Jamie.  Heather is also MIA on social media so I think she has just refused to participate and her job is a convient excuse.

• Love 2

Heather told them that she couldn't stay married to Derek AND have to deal with the braying J'amie face to face.

Heather chose her toking husband as the lesser of two evils so her "interviews"consist of a producer feeding her questions, Heather answering the questions then the editors splicing jammy heehawing the faux interview .

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
11 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I do not think there is a set rule, both season 1 couples lived together after filming. Other seasons couples only loved together for a few weeks after filming, they all split before the 6 months anyway. It would be strange telling a married couple that they can not live together and I imagine it would set the relationship back a step.

Agree. I think the only thing they are really suppose to do is wear the ring aren't they? If I remember right from last season many kept assuming some would make it because of pics posted to SM of them out wearing their rings still but if they took it off it would give it away. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if its up to the couples if they want to move in together at the end of this all or not. 

• Love 1

To paraphrase Derek, our most colorfully illustrated participant's words of wisdom, this season of M@FS and Heather are both aging like milk...

we are watching Episode 7 but the couples are only in week 2 of their marriages.

Went to the M@FS wiki to see how many more episodes left (please, please put us out of our self imposed misery) and read a SPOILER ALERT or a wiki contributor's jumping the gun.

Before you get too excited, it isn't something you wouldn't say...duh, okay, who cares...

• Love 2

I just wonder if they really film six weeks of the marriages? I seem to recall reading years ago that though the Bachelor says they "date" for three months, those "three months" are filmed in six weeks and the network just spread out the episodes to make it seem like the relationship/s has/have been unfolding for months.  

Also I don't know how much of a marriage the couples on MAFS can have when the filming crew is around so much. I think Nick stated in an interview how shocked he was by how little time he and Sonia had alone. Which makes me think that the film crew is probably with them as early as first light and as late as midnight. If that is the case, there wouldn't be much time to develop a real relationship.

• Love 4

For some reason I find this fascinating--apparently only Nick watched the show at all before signing up, and he only watched random episodes.

All three women watched the show, but only Sonia calls herself a fan.

I'm kind of amazed that people would sign up for a reality show, and not even watch a few episodes to see what they were getting into.  Then again, I also think the show loses a lot of potential participants because those people actually watched the show..and saw what they would be getting into.

• Love 10

They've started talking about Season 5 on Social Media, so here's your place for all things Chicago Season 5! 

Remember, do not discuss spoilers and social media topics in the episode threads!

Edited by Drogo
Added "Spoilers" tag.

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in but it looks like Sam has a boyfriend. :) 

https://www.facebook.com/srole1?fref=ts

Anyways, back to season 4...judging from this interview with Derek, I think that there might still be some lingering feelings of bitterness towards Heather (which I'm not blaming him for it--it's just my observation). 

http://www.theknotnews.com/married-at-first-sight-derek-decision-day-heather-13090?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sep2016&utm_campaign=news

• Love 2

Ugh...Derek is really a whiner. I don't blame Heather one bit. I imagine he could be super annoying. I feel he might have been high..silly...pushing to make out and just a huge turn off.

I thought he was sort of cute in the beginning but now yuck. His stupid backward cap and squinty eyes and ashtray mouth...gag me. 

I still want to know what type account executive he is...my guess is he is a phone salesman. We have a lot of phone rooms in south florida haha.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The link to Sam's boyfriend is down...is it Derek?

Fingers crossed, please..

I do not know if that is a match made in heaven or hell

Derek,"I like to get high...sometimes."

Sam, "Don't be a pussy...I'll bring the wax melts."

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Davina recently married.

Sam with a boyfriend.

There is a lid for every pot.

Or in Sam's case a lid (slang for about an ounce of weed) for every pot...head.

What's next??  A new man for Heather?!  One thing is for certain, these men are going to live HARD lives.  

• Love 4

If this season's M@FS was renamed "Married to My Worst Nightmare" the producers would not have to change one iota.

Synopsis:

The "experts"  have maliciously matched participants to be in a relationship with their absolute worst case scenario mate.

With positively no chance for love, will any couple defy the odds stacked against them and find marital bliss?

They have 6 weeks to find out.

• Love 5

Think Sonia and Nick are dunzo! Just saw next week's preview during Unfiltered of him yelling to the camera that he doesn't like her and isn't attracted to her.  Wowza.  They can't come back from that, I wouldn't think. I guess it's good that they haven't had sex.  Probably make her feel worse.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, amola said:

Think Sonia and Nick are dunzo! Just saw next week's preview during Unfiltered of him yelling to the camera that he doesn't like her and isn't attracted to her.  Wowza.  They can't come back from that, I wouldn't think. I guess it's good that they haven't had sex.  Probably make her feel worse.  

Yes, I saw that, too, and my reaction was, "Holy crap." So he'd just been pretending when he said (in his THs, not to Sonia) that he thought she was attractive. What an asshole. Like Sonia said to Jamie, he should just tell her that he doesn't like her and is not attracted to her, and then they would just cut their losses. I wonder if the producers were pressuring Nick not to come clean so they could avoid another early fiasco, or if it was him being a lying jerk all along.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, amola said:

While I won't get to watch until tomorrow and don't watch Unfiltered....it figures. It was obvious from the get go he wasn't into her at all. So is that the episode we see her in the car then taking the ring off or will it be the one after seeing as how they drag things out as they do. 

There was no way those 2 were ever going to have sex. He wanted nothing to do with that when it came to her. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Enero said:

Where are y'all seeing the preview where Nick goes off on Sonia? I checked the FYI site and don't see it. 

amola said it was on during Unfiltered. I wouldn't be surprised if its on again at some point and online later on. Remember us on the west coast haven't seen the show yet so they probably wait to put new ones up until later on. 

• Love 1