Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Help me with the timeline...

Get married

That night go home separate to their own places?

Next morning brunch with the families.

Spend another night separate in their own places?

Leave for honeymoon.

I think it is more

Day 1 Get married - spend wedding night together

Day 2 - Brunch and leave for honeymoon

Day 3 - 6 Honeymoon

Day 7 - Return from honeymoon - Night alone

Day 8 - Look for houses - Night together (bus for Lilly, Nicks for Sonia)

Day 9 - Move in together

Edited by crazychicken
Off by a day

Thanks for the time line.

Purely speculation on my part for the sake of conversation...

The reason why Heather is so vehemently grossed out by Derek and as others on this forum have hinted and I am just speculating... he tried to exercise his marital duties/liberties too soon.

They didn't cuddle on the first night because she was in the bathroom all night with the door locked.

We can only suppose it was one of the following or none of the following- too naked too soon, pushing her hand down there accidentally/on purpose, pressing the morning boner against her backside, dirty talking-whatever it was it must have been a doozy.

At brunch, day 2 where you could already see Heather was trying to put on a happy face for her parents but trapped.

Edited by humbleopinion
nitpicking my own grammar
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

I think it is more

Day 1 Get married - spend wedding night together

Day 2 - Brunch and leave for honeymoon

Day 3 - 6 Honeymoon

Day 7 - Return from honeymoon - Night alone

Day 8 - Look for houses - Night together (bus for Lilly, Nicks for Sonia)

Day 9 - Move in together

Add to that, 2 weeks before the wedding where you get the news that you are matched & your wedding date, you go dress/tux shopping, and the little planning you get to do like pick attendants, notify family, take time off from work, house/pet sitter etc.  Pretty jam packed!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Thanks for the time line.

Purely speculation on my part for the sake of conversation...

The reason why Heather is so vehemently grossed out by Derek and as others on this forum have hinted and I am just speculating... he tried to exercise his marital duties/liberties too soon.

They didn't cuddle on the first night because she was in the bathroom all night with the door locked.

We can only suppose it was one of the following or none of the following- too naked too soon, pushing her hand down there accidentally/on purpose, pressing the morning boner against her backside, dirty talking-whatever it was it must have been a doozy.

At brunch, day 2 where you could already see Heather was trying to put on a happy face for her parents but trapped.

I'm in the minority but I believe Heather checked out the marriage after she walked down the to get married I don't think she's even ready for marriage I don't think it has anything to do with Derek people have a hard time accepting that fact

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Unknownname said:

Don't hold me to this but I did hear somewhere the check is actually bigger then you think im trying to find the article but it said somewhere around 60 to 90 thousand if that's true and I mean a big if that's a lot of money to some of these cast members that only make 40 thousand

I could swear that was the amounts that was talked about for the 1st season group during the MAFS First Year show. I know 100K was said for that one but everything that was said for these 1 and done groups was, at most I have seen, 10K. Yet the thing is we have no way to know for sure since it won't be said by anyone and if that amount (no matter what it is) is split between the 2 or per person. I don't see this show with his low budget editing paying the couples a lot. Its not on a major network that would have that type of budget. 

2 minutes ago, Unknownname said:

I'm in the minority but I believe Heather checked out the marriage after she walked down the to get married I don't think she's even ready for marriage I don't think it has anything to do with Derek people have a hard time accepting that fact

I don't think it was that soon. If she had there would have been no way she would have kissed him at the altar or anytime after that during the wedding and no way would she have let him dance so close to her or hold hands as they left. As well as arms around her in bed at the end. She didn't have a look of checked out at that point. It was something after all this where there is pieces missing on what happened. Who knows we may never hear what it is either or they are saving it until the very biter end. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I could swear that was the amounts that was talked about for the 1st season group during the MAFS First Year show. I know 100K was said for that one but everything that was said for these 1 and done groups was, at most I have seen, 10K. Yet the thing is we have no way to know for sure since it won't be said by anyone and if that amount (no matter what it is) is split between the 2 or per person. I don't see this show with his low budget editing paying the couples a lot. Its not on a major network that would have that type of budget. 

I don't think it was that soon. If she had there would have been no way she would have kissed him at the altar or anytime after that during the wedding and no way would she have let him dance so close to her or hold hands as they left. As well as arms around her in bed at the end. She didn't have a look of checked out at that point. It was something after all this where there is pieces missing on what happened. Who knows we may never hear what it is either or they are saving it until the very biter end. 

She did mention in the casting special she had a hard time finding a man to stay committed to or something close to that I don't remember the exact words but their seems to have been red flags about her during my the casting special one thing I do believe in my heart is she didn't give the process a chance weather their was a reason for it or not we will never know

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Unknownname said:

Is that what your insiders say? Are any of these people ready for marriage?  And what does that exactly mean?  Ready for any old spouse? Just want to be married, don't want to date, just want to have sex, a wife to cook, a husband to grill, and have friends & family over?  Sounds like good old David from last season. He said he was ready, just didn't want to do the work of dating to get there.  Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

• Love 2

So I watched the two Unfiltered episodes about the honeymoons.   Does anybody else think that Heather didn't actually participate and they just used her talking heads from the show and sometimes edited in Jamie asking a question?  All of Heather's comments seemed like that to me.

• Love 1

one more Heather rant.  In the Unfiltered when discussing money, she made it almost sound bad that Derek (as most men) probably would spend lottery winnings on a house or a boat.  She would pay off debt and travel.  It just sounded so much like she disapproved because it wasn't what she thought was right

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Did we ever see her excited about any part of the wedding process?

Yes. For a brief moment in time, she put her ringed paw up and exclaimed "I'm married!".  She also said a bunch of nice things about him. The next day at brunch, it was apparent that "the stick" had returned to its usual destination and she's been a beast to live with ever since.  Curious to know what exactly happened there.  

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

People are nasty on SM because they can't be nasty in real life.  If they were nasty IRL they'd lose their job/relationship/maybe home/car/life. 

The only social media I use is Twitter and I don't use it enough to make it worth it. A good rule of thumb is don't say anything on SM that you wouldn't say in person. Honestly, fb is the worst of them when it comes to bullying.

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I guess that's true.  And I guess I understand the "social" aspect of being able to think you're interacting with people you don't really know as if you do know them or are friends with them.  Not my cup of tea, I guess. 

You're doing it now lol. It must be your cup of tea a little bit. Maybe just a half cup.

You guys are the only ones I have to talk about my reality shows with. It does make me feel like I'm still connected. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, stuckin60s said:

one more Heather rant.  In the Unfiltered when discussing money, she made it almost sound bad that Derek (as most men) probably would spend lottery winnings on a house or a boat.  She would pay off debt and travel.  It just sounded so much like she disapproved because it wasn't what she thought was right

That is Heather.  She's fairly rigid, sees things as black or white, right or wrong, (thinks she's) has figured out the right/best way to do everything.  Not unlike Tom who seems pretty rigid as well.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2016 at 10:09 AM, Jellybeans said:

I am tired of Jamie.  I know too much about her to ever want to see her again.

I'm tired of seeing the roof of the money when she brays.

Heather was apparently working at the original taping and they were too cheap to fly Jamie and Heather to meet. The other participants get questions with their spouses name Heather only gets general ones, I suspect Heather was taped recently but have no proof.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lola16 said:

Is that what your insiders say? Are any of these people ready for marriage?  And what does that exactly mean?  Ready for any old spouse? Just want to be married, don't want to date, just want to have sex, a wife to cook, a husband to grill, and have friends & family over?  Sounds like good old David from last season. He said he was ready, just didn't want to do the work of dating to get there.  Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Hmmm seems to me this person "thinks" that is what the insiders are telling him. =P

23 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The only social media I use is Twitter and I don't use it enough to make it worth it. A good rule of thumb is don't say anything on SM that you wouldn't say in person. Honestly, fb is the worst of them when it comes to bullying.

You're doing it now lol. It must be your cup of tea a little bit. Maybe just a half cup.

You guys are the only ones I have to talk about my reality shows with. It does make me feel like I'm still connected. 

I don't use SM. Forums like this are what I stick to myself. While one of my friend watches some reality, we don't watch the same ones usually so I come here to talk to you all about it. LOL

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Unknownname said:

I don't know what you're talking about.

When you have such a distinctive way of writing, it's hard to leave the forums and then come back under a different name without people realizing that it's the same person. Nothing wrong with coming back; everybody's welcome here. So, welcome back. :)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

When you have such a distinctive way of writing, it's hard to leave the forums and then come back under a different name without people realizing that it's the same person. Nothing wrong with coming back; everybody's welcome here. So, welcome back. :)

enough making this about me I'm just here to talk about the show if you have a problem with me I'm sorry to hear that everyone has to have haters I believe I'm going to be right if I'm wrong well then everyone on here knows almost everything about me my handle was my last name for awhile so yeah I'm only here to talk about the show end of the convo

Edited by Unknownname

I watched the Unfiltered confessions thing last night and I didn't like the way Heather kind of wrinkled her nose that if Derek won the lottery he would probably buy "things" with it (houses, cars, etc.) and she would choose to travel after paying off debt. It was very very condescending and "I'm better than these people and I'm more enlightened etc etc). I myself consider travelling to be a very very privelleged hobby.  I think that she doesn't get that everybody is different. For example I do not feel the need to travel, all I want is to be home with my kids and spending time with them in the backyard, I do not feel the pull to jetset around the world. And when people have kids, it is important to be able to provide for them and not have a carefree attitude towards money..... for example, to  buy a home in a neighborhood that has good schools costs quite a bit of money, sorry to burst her bubble :/

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, kat12379 said:

I watched the Unfiltered confessions thing last night and I didn't like the way Heather kind of wrinkled her nose that if Derek won the lottery he would probably buy "things" with it (houses, cars, etc.) and she would choose to travel after paying off debt. It was very very condescending and "I'm better than these people and I'm more enlightened etc etc). I myself consider travelling to be a very very privelleged hobby.  I think that she doesn't get that everybody is different. For example I do not feel the need to travel, all I want is to be home with my kids and spending time with them in the backyard, I do not feel the pull to jetset around the world. And when people have kids, it is important to be able to provide for them and not have a carefree attitude towards money..... for example, to  buy a home in a neighborhood that has good schools costs quite a bit of money, sorry to burst her bubble :/

I don't watch it so I am curious if he was saying he would buy lots of houses and cars though or what? If it was lots than I can see why she would. It would be kind of silly to have lots of houses and cars. Even I think that but in the end whatever since its whoever's choice. I think everyone would pay off any kind of debt they might have before anything else. I think no matter what everyone has different ways they would spend money like that though but it doesn't make it right or wrong...unless you blow through it like an idiot. I have kids but I would rather travel if I could afford it. The thing is I would would be taking them along. Doesn't mean to me someone has a carefree attitude towards money one way or the other though. Since she doesn't have kids that is doesn't matter and more so if she doesn't want them. Not everyone does. Just like not everyone wants to travel. Heck its just like sharing the money with other family if you won a lottery. It might come off in bad light to some but those that know what I have gone through with my parents and sister would know exactly why I wouldn't give them one cent and would go into hiding if I won. 

BTW, when it comes to schools, when my oldest had gone to the ones we are near, they were really good schools and so was the district. Things change though. That school's rating has dropped like no other over the years and the way things got handled dropped. District is a disaster now. I pulled my youngest after no one would deal with not just the bullying kids and their parents but the principal that was a bully herself (she got bounced to another school in the district as they do after a few years). The school board is a nightmare with 2 nut jobs on it. So you just never know how a school can end up or the district its in at times. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

kat12379 said:

I watched the Unfiltered confessions thing last night and I didn't like the way Heather kind of wrinkled her nose that if Derek won the lottery he would probably buy "things" with it (houses, cars, etc.) and she would choose to travel after paying off debt. It was very very condescending and "I'm better than these people and I'm more enlightened etc etc).

She thinks it's morally superior to piss money away on travel instead of buying tangible assets?  Too bad neither said they'd go back to school to learn something new or even works of charity.

1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

BTW, when it comes to schools, when my oldest had gone to the ones we are near, they were really good schools and so was the district. Things change though. That school's rating has dropped like no other over the years and the way things got handled dropped. District is a disaster now. I pulled my youngest after no one would deal with not just the bullying kids and their parents but the principal that was a bully herself (she got bounced to another school in the district as they do after a few years). The school board is a nightmare with 2 nut jobs on it. So you just never know how a school can end up or the district its in at times. 

EvilQueen, you are correct in that school district quality can change dramatically. However generally speaking it is usually obvious, usually higher income suburban neighborhoods have better quality schools. I went to an inner city high school grades 9-11 where 14 year olds were regularly having sex under staircases, drugs were rampant on campus, and so was bullying. My last year of high school I switched to a better school and it was filled with students focused on academic achievement, sports, extracurricular activities, and college applications. 

One aspect not discussed are the M@FS producers.

Perhaps Heather's producer/handlers and Derek's producers/handlers have done a terrible job with pushing too hard, not listening to either of their concerns, putting the story line and filmable faux interactions front and center.

I am glad Heather outed to Pastor Cal the way she was treated with being hard pressed to come straight to the "emergency meeting" from the airport instead of having a few hours to compose herself.

Unless Derek moved to another seat on the plane she was stuck elbow to elbow to the person causing her so much distress.

Derek was probably mumbling under his breath and not diffusing the situation.

End both of their misery and let them walk.

There is enough story with the other 2 couples to end the season.

• Love 4

I follow everyone on social media (except for Heather) and I've noticed the interaction between Nick and Sonia has decreased. I wonder if that's on purpose. I used to have high hopes for them, but not so much now. I agree with most people stating that Nick isn't attracted to Sonia. 

It's sad to read Derek's posts...I like him though.

Tom is apparently in NYC. Something tells me he and Lilly are still together (I'm sure the grammar police will come after me). 

Since the majority of us agree this is a show and nothing more, I would like to see a MAFS Do-Over with following new couples: Sonia/David, Jaclyn/Derek, Jessica/Tres...I wonder how many of us would tune in??? Any producers out there willing to make it happen? 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Perhaps Heather's producer/handlers and Derek's producers/handlers have done a terrible job with pushing too hard, not listening to either of their concerns, putting the story line and filmable faux interactions front and center.

I am glad Heather outed to Pastor Cal the way she was treated with being hard pressed to come straight to the "emergency meeting" from the airport instead of having a few hours to compose herself.

Unless Derek moved to another seat on the plane she was stuck elbow to elbow to the person causing her so much distress.

On twitter, Derek said they didn't seat together on the plane. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, cecig75 said:

I follow everyone on social media (except for Heather) and I've noticed the interaction between Nick and Sonia has decreased. I wonder if that's on purpose. I used to have high hopes for them, but not so much now. I agree with most people stating that Nick isn't attracted to Sonia. 

Tom is apparently in NYC. Something tells me he and Lilly are still together (I'm sure the grammar police will come after me). 

Since the majority of us agree this is a show and nothing more, I would like to see a MAFS Do-Over with following new couples: Sonia/David, Jaclyn/Derek, Jessica/Tres...I wonder how many of us would tune in??? Any producers out there willing to make it happen? 

Sonia is a hard one to read because she answers almost everyone on social media you can't really read into how they reacts to things and she knows people are looking through her tweets to find some spoilers 

Hopefully, Heather got some fight attendant solidarity love and put in Business or first class.

The producers were probably working them over the whole trip home, what to say, how to leave their answers open for easier editing.

Heather was over coached and her answers robotic and devoid of feeling.

She was fried to a crisp, on her last nerve with Pastor Cal.

• Love 3

Did anyone see the clip on FYI of Tom/Lilly for next week?  He's kind of jerky about watching her niece for a few hours.  I'm sure before he came along, that was something Lilly did to help her sister out.  

Clip of Nick/Sonia does not give me much hope.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kat12379 said:

EvilQueen, you are correct in that school district quality can change dramatically. However generally speaking it is usually obvious, usually higher income suburban neighborhoods have better quality schools. I went to an inner city high school grades 9-11 where 14 year olds were regularly having sex under staircases, drugs were rampant on campus, and so was bullying. My last year of high school I switched to a better school and it was filled with students focused on academic achievement, sports, extracurricular activities, and college applications. 

Well I will say this I live in an a pretty good area in California. We have 2 schools district and a 1 high school district. Lots of high income around and mostly the other side of town in the other district. Yet guess which part of town the high school with most the drug problems are and why? Its the one in the higher income area and that pushes and pushes academics/sports/extracurricular/college on them more than any other school. Its not to say the other ones here don't push. They do but that school is a bigger one and has the APA program that many go there for or for certain sports. Plus they constantly seem to have more testing and such going on than the other ones. My younger son just started high school and goes to a different one (same one my husband/his dad works at). My husband has worked in that district for a long time now and worked at the other school as well. His uncle works at the one our kids should go to but IMO its the worse of the the high schools so we don't send them there. Anyway, all high schools here push college prep courses and everything else they can. Its just that some will put so much pressure on these kids and the parents aren't paying attention always either but put the pressure on with school....the next thing you know the pressure is to much and they turn to drugs or whatever. Which at the same time EVERY high school will have drugs in them or drug problems at times. Sometimes its just worse in others. Sometimes its worse in higher income areas than many will ever know or see until it starts showing up in kids overdosing and dying (its what happened at the one). This wasn't the case 10-15 yrs ago either in that same school but something changed over the last 5-10 yrs to get it to that point. Its still a good school but there are those issues. BTW, I went to a pretty good high school myself and there was drugs there as well. Won't even say what I saw though a few times in one class. It just wasn't as bad as some. So no matter what things change with schools is what I just want to say. Neighborhood being the best with high income/being safe or not doesn't matter either. These issues will happen to all kinds. Its just being aware of what is going on and talking to your kids. Then hoping they will make the right choices as things come up in their lives. Which I will be happy to talk more on this subject if you want in private so we don't take over the thread. LOL 

Ok sorry all for the sidetracking. LOL Back to the Jamie show =P

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

Nick states he does not love Sonia( guessing the yet is implied) after the second week of marriage as seen in the tease.

Will Sonia be allowed to join Nick and the dogs in the marital bed?

We will be seeing the sadness in her eyes and hearing even more strain in her quivering voice.

Edited by humbleopinion
nitpicking my own grammar
21 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Nick states he does not love Sonia( guessing the yet is implied) after the second week of marriage as seen in the tease.

Will Sonia be allowed to join Nick and the dogs in the marital bed?

We will be seeing the sadness in her eyes and hearing even more strain in her quivering voice.

Were I Sonia, I'd try to show off some domestic skills, maybe plan some fun activities - anything to give Nick a reason to be engaged in the marriage.

• Love 2

Short of wearing a necklace of Snausages so the doggies pay attention to her with enough sedation on board to disassociate her fear of getting her face raked by the dogs to seduce Nick, all is lost for Sonia's dream of finding her forever husband in Nick.

She should just be resigned to the fact that he can only sleep with his doggies and since she cannot, she gets the guest room.

The guest room will be quiet retreat from all the jaw flapping and lip smacking of Nick and his dogs making out.

The Egyptians believed dog saliva cured human wounds. Ewww

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Were I Sonia, I'd try to show off some domestic skills, maybe plan some fun activities - anything to give Nick a reason to be engaged in the marriage.

I think this is going to end like the first fight ended where she gets upset cools down and then he explains to her he's getting to the place where he would fall in love

8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

If they were flying on Heather's airline, she should have texted a friend and gotten herself pulled off at the gate.  I'd have been tempted to parachute out myself.

7 hours ago, cecig75 said:

I didn't watch the first 2 seasons so no idea about Jacklyn or Jessica.  I wouldn't pair any of this season's women with David. Maybe Sam. Trainwreck wise, Sam and Derek would be fun.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lola16 said:

If they were flying on Heather's airline, she should have texted a friend and gotten herself pulled off at the gate.  I'd have been tempted to parachute out myself.

I didn't watch the first 2 seasons so no idea about Jacklyn or Jessica.  I wouldn't pair any of this season's women with David. Maybe Sam. Trainwreck wise, Sam and Derek would be fun.

Yes ... they should do a MAFS the Remix ... you are absolutely correct in these pairings ! How about ...

Ashley and Nick (it would be fun watching a TV show with absolutely no words spoken the entire duration, plus she has a dog)

Sam and Derek (smoking)

Vaughn and Vanessa (she is domestic, thats what he likes)

Sonia and David ( he could get along with anything and so could she )

• Love 4

Except the part about weed being illegal here in Florida, and I used to smoke it, just not when I should be trying to get to know someone who isn't smoking it and definitely not in this type of situation "unknown". It would be sort of like smoking pot during a job interview. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Waterlilly said:

Except the part about weed being illegal here in Florida, and I used to smoke it, just not when I should be trying to get to know someone who isn't smoking it and definitely not in this type of situation "unknown". It would be sort of like smoking pot during a job interview. 

Which is the most stupid law ever they got medical weed on the ballot in November 

• Love 1

I don't want to watch any previous contestant again.  I don't like watching the current ones but, by the time I realize I don't like them, I'm several episodes in and decide to finish the season.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kat12379 said:

Yes ... they should do a MAFS the Remix ... you are absolutely correct in these pairings ! How about ...

Ashley and Nick (it would be fun watching a TV show with absolutely no words spoken the entire duration, plus she has a dog)

Sam and Derek (smoking)

Vaughn and Vanessa (she is domestic, thats what he likes)

Sonia and David ( he could get along with anything and so could she )

Sam had those wax melts and I believe there were allusions to smoking the MJ. 

I don't remember Vanessa being domestic as much as being a homebody.  She was kind of a mopey slob.

Sonia --- no, she's too nice to be paired with all surface no substance David.  There's no one on this show that I'd match him up with except Sam though she's better with Derek from a trainwreck potential.