Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I don't know what (if anything) has happened behind the scenes, but Tom totally dissed Heather on Twitter.  Then in that same twitter conversation excused Derek's outburst by saying, "guys like digging holes lol."

I don't think Sonia is a LARGER girl. She is a latina woman and has curves. Many men prefer women that have curves and not stick figures. I am in the minority - but I actually think Nick is attracted to sonia but he's incredibly shy and totally awkward. Some men are very thoughtful in how they approach sex, and he may be one of them. Next weeks previews look like they get it on :)

Edited by SaucyMommy
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, SaucyMommy said:

I don't think Sonia is a LARGER girl. She is a latina woman and has curves. Many men prefer women that have curves and not stick figures. I am in the minority - but I actually think Nick is attracted to sonia but he's incredibly shy and totally awkward. Some men are very thoughtful in how they approach sex, and he may be one of them. Next weeks previews look like they get it on :)

I totally agree with this.  I think he's aware of the cameras and shy with affection anyway.  He has said multiple times that he finds her attractive/sexy.  He also told Jamie that he liked her "assets" in their Unfiltered interview and he knew what she liked about his body.  I don't think Sonia is large at all.  Her photos on Instagram are very flattering.  I think they are both cuties.  

• Love 7

I don't find Sonia to be large at all.  Ok, she's not a size 0 but she's not fat either.

I still don't know what to think if Nick and his going slow as it could be all in editing;  I guess time will tell if they are able to take the next step and become physically intimate, even with the cameras & production crew around.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HZAnita said:

I don't know what (if anything) has happened behind the scenes, but Tom totally dissed Heather on Twitter.  Then in that same twitter conversation excused Derek's outburst by saying, "guys like digging holes lol."

Calling someone out on social media is very immature. He has no idea what went on privately between the two of them. Does he not know that a lot is edited out and pieced together to create a story for ratings and entertainment? In my opinion, he made an ass of himself by talking shit on Twitter. And what does he mean by  "everyone"? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Calling someone out on social media is very immature. He has no idea what went on privately between the two of them. Does he not know that a lot is edited out and pieced together to create a story for ratings and entertainment? In my opinion, he made an ass of himself by talking shit on Twitter. And what does he mean by  "everyone"? 

Maybe he means the film crew or everyone at the 6 month reunion show taping.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Oh. I assumed he was live tweeting during the show.

But he definitely knows more than we do and he knows what goes on backstage so he has credibility in my book. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

IMO He is the last person that should speak out on anyone else. Especially considering what he said in the last Confessions episode. 

4 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

But he definitely knows more than we do and he knows what goes on backstage so he has credibility in my book. 

I kind of doubt he does. During filming these couples have no contact with each other. So they have no clue what is really going on with each other's possible issues and so on. I think by the time they all connect it seems filming is done. Sure he could be told things by Derek but it doesn't make it all true either or credible coming from Tom. IMO these people shouldn't speak about the other ones when they aren't there to see what is truly going on. They may just be seeing the episode and going off that. Which I agree the way its edited will only show us certain things and the way production wants too. So there could be so much more we haven't seen and won't see. Depending on how he is forming his opinion on things doesn't even matter when in the end he wasn't there to see it all first hand. At this point he should be more worried about how he is coming off to others and his treatment of others. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

IMO He is the last person that should speak out on anyone else. Especially considering what he said in the last Confessions episode. 

I kind of doubt he does. During filming these couples have no contact with each other. So they have no clue what is really going on with each other's possible issues and so on. I think by the time they all connect it seems filming is done. Sure he could be told things by Derek but it doesn't make it all true either or credible coming from Tom. IMO these people shouldn't speak about the other ones when they aren't there to see what is truly going on. They may just be seeing the episode and going off that. Which I agree the way its edited will only show us certain things and the way production wants too. So there could be so much more we haven't seen and won't see. Depending on how he is forming his opinion on things doesn't even matter when in the end he wasn't there to see it all first hand. At this point he should be more worried about how he is coming off to others and his treatment of others. 

I understand ur POV but considering what he knows about filming, hearsay from Derek, production and maybe the girls (since they are close to heather), he is more credible than anyone in this group. Remember our opinions are based on the edited version. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

But...but...the weed speculation kept the conversation going for a good 6 days...winning!

Ima gonna start a dating site for weedfriends called... BUDdies.

No more miscommunication of what they are smoking occasionally, daily or continuously.

Derek may/not be our first BUDdie.

Agreed re: Derek not being the first BUDdie.  I thought Tres and Vanessa of Season 3 seemed to be a member of the club, too.

2 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I understand ur POV but considering what he knows about filming, hearsay from Derek, production and maybe the girls (since they are close to heather), he is more credible than anyone in this group. Remember our opinions are based on the edited version. 

It's pretty common knowledge that she tried using this show for fame and it back fired so he can say whatever he wants when he wants 

About Sonia and Nick:   Maybe I'm weird, but Sonia reminds me a little bit of Nick's mother. Her personality, the way she talks, even her stature (his mother was not very tall, nor is Sonia).  This is another reason why I believe Nick and she will be make it and not divorce (not right away anyway).  He has said he was very close to his mother and he does seem very comfortable with Sonia. The sex part will happen, as I'm sure by now it has!

1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I don't understand this.  What did Tom say during the Confessions episode about Heather?

1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Still don't think so with him because in the end it would be the same as us giving off opinions from it. He is only getting pieces of it and it could be he was tweeting it out while watching as was suggested as well. We have no clue. But even if it was going off what Derek said alone that doesn't make it credible either. 

1 hour ago, mbarry said:

It's pretty common knowledge that she tried using this show for fame and it back fired so he can say whatever he wants when he wants 

What??? How was she using this show for fame? IF anything I can see him doing so with trying to push his crappy horrible raps. 

14 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I don't understand this.  What did Tom say during the Confessions episode about Heather?

Not about Heather but how he was talking about Lily. Basically IMO how he spoke in it about Lily maybe faking it to making it comes off as not treating her in a respectful manner and how he wanted to gag over people that fake it to make it for money. He is coming off more and more like he thinks his shit don't stink. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I guess I'll have to rewatch, Evil Queen.  

It just came off in such bad light after the mini disagreement they had and him saying his piece on materialistic people to Lily. He obviously wasn't going to let that go and never will. Which if he wants to live one way that is fine for him but to act like we all should be like him or we are faking it to make it is just so wrong. I can't imagine what she may have felt after seeing that. I thinking they should have found him more of a hippie like, live off the land type chick and not a real estate agent that needs to dress nice and drive a decent looking car. LOL

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Still don't think so with him because in the end it would be the same as us giving off opinions from it. He is only getting pieces of it and it could be he was tweeting it out while watching as was suggested as well. We have no clue. But even if it was going off what Derek said alone that doesn't make it credible either. 

What??? How was she using this show for fame? IF anything I can see him doing so with trying to push his crappy horrible raps. 

Not about Heather but how he was talking about Lily. Basically IMO how he spoke in it about Lily maybe faking it to making it comes off as not treating her in a respectful manner and how he wanted to gag over people that fake it to make it for money. He is coming off more and more like he thinks his shit don't stink. 

Derek never talked about his raps. This forum dug it out so I don't think we should add that to his sins. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Oh. I assumed he was live tweeting during the show.

He was definitely live tweeting (looking at the time).  I thought it was strange that he would do that publicly, especially since it seems like Heather is still friends with the other women (and Derek, sort of) from this season.  Weird.

1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Derek never talked about his raps. This forum dug it out so I don't think we should add that to his sins. 

Sure he may not talk about it but he had to know people will look him up and try to find info on him right? The point I was making was that if one of them was using it for fame I could see him doing it and why compared to Heather trying to gain fame from it. Yet we all see Nick is still trying to push that clothing line like no other. Making sure Sonia wears it too. I'm sure putting in the AirBnB profile that he is that Nick from MAFS is to make sure you don't miss out on staying in one of HIS rentals and I wouldn't be surprise if prices were hiked up some too once the show started and people found it. LOL Honestly if anyone was looking for some sort of fame or making more money off it Nick is that one. I wouldn't say fame though per say but for sure to push what he does and is trying to do. 

BTW, I consider those raps part of his sins. They are just so horrible. LOL 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

..Yet we all see Nick is still trying to push that clothing line like no other. Making sure Sonia wears it too. I'm sure putting in the AirBnB profile that he is that Nick from MAFS is to make sure you don't miss out on staying in one of HIS rentals and I wouldn't be surprise if prices were hiked up some too once the show started and people found it. LOL Honestly if anyone was looking for some sort of fame or making more money off it Nick is that one. I wouldn't say fame though per say but for sure to push what he does and is trying to do. 

Nick is a scoundrel, "Section 8 Yacht Club is more than a clothing company; it is a philosophy of life."

Any guesses how much he is paying to promote his "philosophy of life"?

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Googling about the meaning of Section 8 Yacht Club 

http://www.gosection8.com/what-is-section8.aspx

The people buying the clothing brand do not know/care about Section 8 housing.

Poor form to ridicule those less fortune than you.

No matter how firmly your tongue is in your cheek.

Demerits for Nick.

I don't know about that.  I think the meaning of "Section 8" is pretty common knowledge, which is why it's being used in conjunction with "Yacht Club."  

20 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Demerits for Nick.

Pretty interesting, I had thought it was from M*A*S*H with Klinger trying to obtain a Section 8.  Now thinking about it, it may be unlikely that Nick knows Klinger, however Klinger was famous for his attire.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Nick is a scoundrel, "Section 8 Yacht Club is more than a clothing company; it is a philosophy of life."

If she stayed marry to him she would want his businesses to be successful 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Liberty said:

Googling about the meaning of Section 8 Yacht Club 

http://www.gosection8.com/what-is-section8.aspx

No matter how firmly your tongue is in your cheek.

Demerits for Nick.

Section 8 is slang for anyone who's gone nuts going way back.  I really, really doubt in Nick's case it has anything to do with the government housing program.  When I was in college 35-40 years ago we had a group of guys who very ironically called themselves "Section 8" that would go to ball games painting themselves up and acting all wacky and juvenile.  I'm sure this is the context of Nick's clothing line.  It's also used in the military for anyone who acts like they deserve to be discharged based on disorderly conduct, acting mental, etc.  (No one actually gets discharged as Section 8 anymore, BTW.) 

YES to Klinger, I remember it being used in the MASH TV show myself.  He was actually deliberately trying to get discharged as "Section 8" hence why he dressed up like a woman openly.  As for Nick's clothing line, it's the kind of title a frat boy would think up for his buddies and the kooky/crazy stuff they might do/wear in a totally ironic, tongue in cheek way.  In that context it has NOTHING to do with housing for the disadvantaged and I am positive Nick is in no way ridiculing anyone less fortunate any more than using a word that has two meanings means you are necessarily using it in its other, less positive sense. 

The term "Section 8" existed in the army long before the housing program of the same name.  It goes back to WWII while the housing program name only goes back to 1974.  In fact I always wondered why the government would call the housing program that as they should have known better that it would look like an insult to the people applying for the housing.  I think it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the name of the housing program came from a section of the government's housing program act which just happened to have the number 8.  Look it up in the urban dictionary online or Wikipedia under the army definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(military)

ETA:  The only reason I know so much about this is because I had a discussion about it with my former military father a while back, who explained it all to me.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 6

I don't know if it counts for anything - but one of the reviews on Nick's airbnb said something about Ryan (the other guy previous people have mentioned in the airbnb reviews) and referring to him as "Nick's partner." I don't know if that connotation means *business* partner....or life partner? Either way, there's nothing wrong with it - just peculiar. 

If he is bi/gay, I think it's more likely that the friendly relations on SM we see between Nick and Sonia now are just that - friendly. 

49 minutes ago, blindbliss said:

I don't know if it counts for anything - but one of the reviews on Nick's airbnb said something about Ryan (the other guy previous people have mentioned in the airbnb reviews) and referring to him as "Nick's partner." I don't know if that connotation means *business* partner....or life partner? Either way, there's nothing wrong with it - just peculiar. 

If he is bi/gay, I think it's more likely that the friendly relations on SM we see between Nick and Sonia now are just that - friendly. 

Which I can totally see them being good friends. Its how they come off. I don't see them ever being more than that. I would guess that the partner on that meant business but one never knows either at this point. 

And there it goes along with his posting on SM he has to hashtag his clothing line. SMH and on the hubs that play together one too. As I have said from the get go, I don't find this guy shy at all.  That poor doggie...LOL

Edited by Evil Queen

Derick and Heather remind me of this couple I used to know.  They bickered all the time.  I could see both sides of the argument but neither one could ever see the other's POV.  Ever.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 2

I'm going on record right now if their isn't an successful couple out of this show this year it will be cancelled no matter the ratings you can't keep bring a show on air that's trying to be the direct opposite of the bachelor and have bachelor like success you need to step it up I think this year will have some success but you need to keep the fans wanting the show and failure after failure doesn't bring any hope 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I'm going on record right now if their isn't an successful couple out of this show this year it will be cancelled no matter the ratings you can't keep bring a show on air that's trying to be the direct opposite of the bachelor and have bachelor like success you need to step it up I think this year will have some success but you need to keep the fans wanting the show and failure after failure doesn't bring any hope 

They'll give Tom and Lillian a $100k and a TV deal to stay together for at least a year before they'd cancel with another season already in the can.

• Love 4

I do believe their will be a successful couple and I think it's leaning toward nick because tom and Lillian end up clashing over weather they want babies and that question is really hard to get over either way I believe a couple will last

I for one want to see a success. I am hoping for 2 success actually. I remain surprised when people complain about Tom and Lilly kissing and lovebugging...isn't that what these people signed up for?

I think the past 2 flop season did make the 2/3 new expert team try harder...and even then Derek and heather flopped. Using pics of exes and more interviews helped but there is still the elusive chemistry factor.

I dated a great looking nice guy with great job and style (Architect) but only a few times and I ended it...he repulsed me cause frankly he sweated and sweated had clammy hands.. we made out a bit but I felt...wet ..with his arms around me..ugh. shallow...yeahh..maybe he had a medical condtion   ? Well I didnt stick around to find out

On the other hand I have has a couple well remembered guys who were mr wrong in most respects but their touch..smell..sound of voice whatttever...yum haha.

Maybe derecks whiney voice and the smell of his whatever smoke on his breath and clothes were a huge turn off?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Stillhoping said:

I for one want to see a success. I am hoping for 2 success actually. I remain surprised when people complain about Tom and Lilly kissing and lovebugging...isn't that what these people signed up for?

I think the past 2 flop season did make the 2/3 new expert team try harder...and even then Derek and heather flopped. Using pics of exes and more interviews helped but there is still the elusive chemistry factor.

I dated a great looking nice guy with great job and style (Architect) but only a few times and I ended it...he repulsed me cause frankly he sweated and sweated had clammy hands.. we made out a bit but I felt...wet ..with his arms around me..ugh. shallow...yeahh..maybe he had a medical condtion   ? Well I didnt stick around to find out

On the other hand I have has a couple well remembered guys who were mr wrong in most respects but their touch..smell..sound of voice whatttever...yum haha.

Maybe derecks whiney voice and the smell of his whatever smoke on his breath and clothes were a huge turn off?

I think the kissing with the 2 doesn't equal that it will work out. Yet it doesn't mean it won't either. For me with those 2 its him that will ruin it in the end if he doesn't smarten up and get off that high horse of his. I think they are moving to fast and we have seen how that usually ends up though too. Slowing it down wouldn't hurt some. 

And yeah I think it couldn't be many things that are a turn off when it comes to Derek. LOL Sort of like for you with the sweaty hands guy...which yeah I can see how that would be a turn off. I just think in the end we all have things that can pop up in a relationship early on that are deal breakers. Just with this they are married without knowing those things are going to pop up. 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, mbarry said:

Again...where is this a fact? Why do you say this? Any links? Thanks

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Tom is a douche, he is such a controlling toad I do not like him at all. They have been married a week, he springs a bus on her and then goes straight into I need to protect my businesses. Did Lilly even suggest they combine finances because I am betting that the thought never entered her head, if it did I would have some serious concerns about her sanity. The way he speaks it the car redux, he sets her up that if she says no then she is a gold digger and poor put upon Tom was saddled with another materialistic woman.

Run Lilly run you are way too good for Tom

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Tom is a douche, he is such a controlling toad I do not like him at all. They have been married a week, he springs a bus on her and then goes straight into I need to protect my businesses. Did Lilly even suggest they combine finances because I am betting that the thought never entered her head, if it did I would have some serious concerns about her sanity. The way he speaks it the car redux, he sets her up that if she says no then she is a gold digger and poor put upon Tom was saddled with another materialistic woman.

Run Lilly run you are way too good for Tom

I am not getting that vibe too but I don't trust this preview.. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

I'd be like, "Hell yeah I want a post-nup. I don't want your loser ass getting any of my shit when I peace out of this 'marriage'."

Editing to add that we don't know how successful she is or what she has put away in investments. She may be making a lot of money in real estate so it's pretty annoying that he assumes she wants anything from him but companionship.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I am not getting that vibe too but I don't trust this preview.. 

I agree previews are often misleading it is the way he phrases his statements that set off alarm bells in me, he starts with a put down then asks the question in such a way that if she does not agree then in his mind he is justified in dismissing her as materalistic/gold digging. Last week when he had doubts about Lilly because she took offense to be lumped into the materialistic category was telling for me, she had a normal response and calmly challenged him and he did not like it.

• Love 2