Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, mbarry said:

Ashley went on a show to get revenge on someone else that was never going to work out

I was referring to the SM war. Ashley's people badmouthing David. I am hoping Heather wouldn't get to that level. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mbarry said:

As a former assistant editor on a reality show they only show you what they want to show you sometimes the shows are cut up to make the most drama so you will never see a complete picture based of the final edit

Yes I know they do. I have gotten pretty good at seeing how badly editing is with most reality shows (especially this one) at this point but sometimes no matter how something is edited there are those show their true colors. Ashley did no matter what and so did Sam. There was no editing in this world that would have made either of them look like good, kind people. Plus sometimes the chemistry (or lack of it) shines through as well even in all the bad editing. We all know that no matter what they want to try to show us as much drama (even if its faked) because they think its what we all want to see all the time. *rollseyes*

3 hours ago, ctbabe said:

I agree with you. They showed on Tuesdsy that Nick and Sonia were not that into each other but acording to the friends & family on Unfiltered, they looked in love. Editing can really mess with our minds. 

See that can be taken with a grain of salt there too. Editing there can be made so its set up to make it seem all was great in the eyes of family/friends. Plus everyone can see things how they want or hope its going with something like this. We really have no clue aside from what we say and will see with the rest of the show. As well as how can they look "in love" when they just met anyway? Its a strong word to use the first day out. I can't watch the unfiltered stuff because of Jamie but I can imagine producers are going to really want to try to spin things differently if they can than what we got last season after Ashley and Sam. IMO with his face looking like he was sick after having to kiss her..there is no way editing could make it look bad or good. It was his face coming out of the kisses. With the other 2 couples I didn't see disgust from kissing like I did Nick. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yes I know they do. I have gotten pretty good at seeing how badly editing is with most reality shows (especially this one) at this point but sometimes no matter how something is edited there are those show their true colors. Ashley did no matter what and so did Sam. There was no editing in this world that would have made either of them look like good, kind people. Plus sometimes the chemistry (or lack of it) shines through as well even in all the bad editing. We all know that no matter what they want to try to show us as much drama (even if its faked) because they think its what we all want to see all the time. *rollseyes*

See that can be taken with a grain of salt there too. Editing there can be made so its set up to make it seem all was great in the eyes of family/friends. Plus everyone can see things how they want or hope its going with something like this. We really have no clue aside from what we say and will see with the rest of the show. As well as how can they look "in love" when they just met anyway? Its a strong word to use the first day out. I can't watch the unfiltered stuff because of Jamie but I can imagine producers are going to really want to try to spin things differently if they can than what we got last season after Ashley and Sam. IMO with his face looking like he was sick after having to kiss her..there is no way editing could make it look bad or good. It was his face coming out of the kisses. With the other 2 couples I didn't see disgust from kissing like I did Nick. 

If it was a successful season be prepared for the editing to make it look like it was a bad season because they don't want you to know the outcome until the end

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

But the friends were present at the wedding. Their impression had nothing to do with editing. We must be seeing things differently, I thought Nick was into her but he just was not showing it. 

Edited by ctbabe
Typo
  • Love 2

Apologies for going OT but the photo of Heather's dress in this thread is uh, fascinating.   I don't think I've ever seen a bride in a dress from the Cut Down to There collection.  Strange choice.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ctbabe said:

But the friends were present at the wedding. Their impression had nothing to do with editing. We must be seeing things differently, I thought Nick was into her but he just was not showing it. 

To be honest the only thing the producers really care about and they would tell you privately is the ratings if the ratings are good then the show is successful that's the the bachelor has so many terrible couples that fail but the ratings remain good so the show is a success

• Love 2

Surprised no one has mentioned the mess that was Heather's hairdo.

Her boobs in that tragic dress are the snark magnets.

Really Heather, this is how your wanted your hair to look like?

At least Lily's hair went through a downpour to get the same effect.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mbarry said:

If it was a successful season be prepared for the editing to make it look like it was a bad season because they don't want you to know the outcome until the end

I doubt it will be any different from past seasons. We had bad seasons the last 2 yrs and no matter what was done with the editing we know the outcome on most those couples. Last season there was no way to make Ashley or Same look good. The season before there was no way to make Sean, Davina (sorry but couldn't stand her either and she came off stick up the butt snobby), Jessica or Ryan look good either. Look at how those turned out. The producers are going to want these shows edited to show drama no matter what the outcomes would be.  Heck they match couples for the stupidest reasons because they probably assume it will be the best way to get drama out of it. I doubt any of these people behind the show or the "experts" really care about finding true matches or they would do a better job to begin with.

5 hours ago, ctbabe said:

When I said editing on the friends/family comments, I meant the editing on unfiltered. But I do think they could just be hoping they are seeing things going well no matter what. For me I didn't see it. I know we all see things differently in the show at times and that is ok. I still think that producers probably want to try to get all family/friends on board in a positive manner right away so its not like how it was with Ashley's camp last season, you know? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

When I said editing on the friends/family comments, I meant the editing on unfiltered. But I do think they could just be hoping they are seeing things going well no matter what. For me I didn't see it. I know we all see things differently in the show at times and that is ok. I still think that producers probably want to try to get all family/friends on board in a positive manner right away so its not like how it was with Ashley's camp last season, you know? 

You definitely should try to watch Unfiltered  (ignore Jaime). From the first episode, I could guess from Derek's friend that Derek and Heather didn't make it. You can edit out tone. NEVER

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ctbabe said:

You definitely should try to watch Unfiltered  (ignore Jaime). From the first episode, I could guess from Derek's friend that Derek and Heather didn't make it. You can edit out tone. NEVER

This is so true.  I watched that Unfiltered, and Derek's friend's face and tone made it really obvious they didn't make it.  Tom's friend, on the other hand, seemed pretty pumped about Lily and Tom.  And the body language in that photo of Nick and Sonia make it seem like they are REALLY comfortable with physical contact.  I hope at least ONE of these couples works out.

Edited by HZAnita
Because I don't understand photo links, apparently.
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I doubt it will be any different from past seasons. We had bad seasons the last 2 yrs and no matter what was done with the editing we know the outcome on most those couples. Last season there was no way to make Ashley or Same look good. The season before there was no way to make Sean, Davina (sorry but couldn't stand her either and she came off stick up the butt snobby), Jessica or Ryan look good either. Look at how those turned out. The producers are going to want these shows edited to show drama no matter what the outcomes would be.  Heck they match couples for the stupidest reasons because they probably assume it will be the best way to get drama out of it. I doubt any of these people behind the show or the "experts" really care about finding true matches or they would do a better job to begin with.

I think this year might be different they actually got people on the show that actually want to do the show 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mbarry said:

I think this year might be different they actually got people on the show that actually want to do the show 

They pulled at the very least Tom from FB and told him it was a dating show along with a ton of other guys. He said in an interview that most up and left once finding out what the show was really about. I don't know if the other 2 guys said how they decided to do this show or not but it still speaks volumes when they are going through SM to find people to do this show and luring them to show up with the thought of it being just a "dating" show. I think only time will tell if each of them was really doing this for the right reasons or not but IMO when the show is desperate enough for people to do the show by looking up people on SM that speaks volumes. We all know there are those willing to do anything for 15 mins of fame and money. That includes playing up a villain part or good guy/girl part. I just think its a bit early to tell if they are all in it for the right reasons or not or anything else.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I agree with you. From my impression of the couple, I also think they want to do the show. Don't care where and how they were recruited as long as they give it their all. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

They pulled at the very least Tom from FB and told him it was a dating show along with a ton of other guys. He said in an interview that most up and left once finding out what the show was really about. I don't know if the other 2 guys said how they decided to do this show or not but it still speaks volumes when they are going through SM to find people to do this show and luring them to show up with the thought of it being just a "dating" show. I think only time will tell if each of them was really doing this for the right reasons or not but IMO when the show is desperate enough for people to do the show by looking up people on SM that speaks volumes. We all know there are those willing to do anything for 15 mins of fame and money. That includes playing up a villain part or good guy/girl part. I just think its a bit early to tell if they are all in it for the right reasons or not or anything else.  

They tell them it's a dating show then when they go to the casting call they tell them about the whole show I know this because I went to the casting call in New York 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Heather posted this on twitter this morning. I wonder if it was only the pot smoking or the other two were included.

I wonder if she's the type to push and push until an argument breaks out, just so she can accuse you of having "anger issues".

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Heather posted this on twitter this morning. I wonder if it was only the pot smoking or the other two were included.

Was this in response to a question? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I like how people today are like, "anger Issues" and "substance abuse Issues."  Why is everything an "issue" today?  Why not say, "substance abuse and a bad temper are my deal breakers?"

When does one cross the anger issue threshold? Is one not allowed to show anger at all? I ve always wondered when the threshold is crossed. 

Since she wasn't feeling him. I wonder if this was her get out of jail card. I really want to know if she communicated the issue or just walked out without giving him the opportunity to fix it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

When does one cross the anger issue threshold? Is one not allowed to show anger at all? I ve always wondered when the threshold is crossed. 

Since she wasn't feeling him. I wonder if this was her get out of jail card. I really want to know if she communicated the issue or just walked out without giving him the opportunity to fix it. 

That's exactly what it is.

And, in Heather's case, she indicated that her past relationships were all "not nice" (meaning anger issues, violence issues, probably at least alcoholism) guys.  So, her deal breakers are literally all of the things she's found attractive about men in the past.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

That's exactly what it is.

And, in Heather's case, she indicated that her past relationships were all "not nice" (meaning anger issues, violence issues, probably at least alcoholism) guys.  So, her deal breakers are literally all of the things she's found attractive about men in the past.

Even though Derek is the one with the bad habit, I kind of feel sorry for him. I think he really wanted the marriage. He has posted the most wedding picture on SM. Heather has not posted 1 picture with him. Even Princess Davina was not that bad. I don't blame him for accepting flattering comments from ladies. 

Based on the comment below, I also wonder if she has moved on since their wedding was end of April Or maybe they are still together (Ms Dreamy) 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

Even though Derek is the one with the bad habit, I kind of feel sorry for him. I think he really wanted the marriage. He has posted the most wedding picture on SM. Heather has not posted 1 picture with him. Even Princess Davina was not that bad. I don't blame him for accepting flattering comments from ladies. 

Based on the comment below, I also wonder if she has moved on since their wedding was end of April Or maybe they are still together (Ms Dreamy) 

A. I can't stand when people give a non-answer.  Just say, "On average is 2-3 nights a week but it varies"

B. Her definition of a "secure man" seems to be someone who's okay with his wife being gone all the time.  That sounds like a lot of effort for a job that doesn't pay very well.

• Love 1

I know it's just a preview, but I don't think it put Heather in a good light.  She was doing all of this passive-aggressive "What do you call occasional?" and then judging him without letting him know that his (obviously more than "occasional") smoking was bothering her.  He didn't even get a chance to defend himself or offer to cut down before the die was seemingly cast in her mind.  Even though she said she was going to just see how it goes, it didn't really feel that way.   He seemed pretty oblivious. :/

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I know it's just a preview, but I don't think it put Heather in a good light.  She was doing all of this passive-aggressive "What do you call occasional?" and then judging him without letting him know that his (obviously more than "occasional") smoking was bothering her.  He didn't even get a chance to defend himself or offer to cut down before the die was seemingly cast in her mind.  Even though she said she was going to just see how it goes, it didn't really feel that way.   He seemed pretty oblivious. :/

I totally agree. I don't think she gave him a chance after she saw the red flag 

• Love 1

Heather really turned a casual getting to know your spouse conversation into an issue. You can see he is shocked when she says 'no I am really asking a question' considering they were talking about her road rage being occasional and she asked how many times in 7 days is occasional how was he supposed to know he was really answering about his smoking. Then she is being a bigger person not bringing it up, how can he answer and address the issue when he is not aware it is an issue. Sigh I had high hopes for this season, we do not need another woman who doesn't use her words and then is shocked that the problem is not resolved.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, mentalquaducts said:

It looks like Heather will be this seasons Queen Davina / Ice Queen Ashley.

From the subtle shades she is throwing on SM, I definitely think she would be.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Heather really turned a casual getting to know your spouse conversation into an issue. You can see he is shocked when she says 'no I am really asking a question' considering they were talking about her road rage being occasional and she asked how many times in 7 days is occasional how was he supposed to know he was really answering about his smoking. Then she is being a bigger person not bringing it up, how can he answer and address the issue when he is not aware it is an issue. Sigh I had high hopes for this season, we do not need another woman who doesn't use her words and then is shocked that the problem is not resolved.

I think road rage is more serious than smoking. 

Maybe the point of this show is that everybody says they want love, but then have 4747849494 deal breakers, and some they're not even aware of.  If smoking bothered Heather, why not say, "I would NEVER be with a smoker."  Nothing wrong with that

• Love 6

Agreed, they want love but a lot of them don't seem to be willing to actually work at/for it. They don't want to change themselves. Heather seems to be looking for an easy out rather than commit to actually try and make it work.

Again and it's been said on these forums - this is when the experts should actually step in and offer useful marriage counseling.

It can't be easy to go through this process with a camera two feet away from your face at all times. Yes, they know they will be filmed going in but nothing could truly prepare them for the pressure.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2016 at 1:04 PM, mbarry said:

The real problem is finding *men* who want to do the show, though they've run into at least a couple of women who did it for all the wrong reasons like Jamie and Ashley (reportedly to make an ex jealous, plus Jamie just loves being on TV.) I have no idea why Sam would do a show like this, but she should not have been there either.

MarriedAtFirstSight ‏@MAFS_Original  3h3 hours ago

Retweet if you plan to be ENCOURAGING & SUPPORTIVE to everyone on #MarriedAtFirstSight tonight! Don't retweet if you're a MEANIE #MAFS

Not sure how to link stuff from Twitter, but I saw this.  And...well, I have to wonder if the producers actually want people to be encouraging and supportive to the people on this show.  You'd think if they did, they'd not cast for drama (Sam) or people who really aren't committed (Ashley).  

• Love 2

Everyone has deal breakers. I am curious how they format the questionnaires- for example Sonia and the dogs...was she asked if she liked pets?  If so, did they go into depth about it? Same with smoking, etc.  

I agree road rage is serious. 

• Love 4

http://www.etonline.com/tv/161274_inside_the_grueling_casting_process_for_married_at_first_sight/

This article is old but makes me wonder how they find anybody to do this show.  

I can see getting dumped, or having a bad break up and filling out the online form.  But to then go through workshops (several of them, it sounds like), submit to a background check and psych screening (though it doesn't seem like the show does a great job with those), and <then> have to go through not one but four (back when there were four experts) rounds of psychological tests.  I think I'd just go to a few clubs or ask my friends if they knew anybody.  

Especially when you look at the show's track record and realize that they are 2 for 9 (and most people seem to doubt Jamie and Doug are in this for anything other than fame/money.

Edited by henrysmom
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, henrysmom said:

MarriedAtFirstSight ‏@MAFS_Original  3h3 hours ago

Retweet if you plan to be ENCOURAGING & SUPPORTIVE to everyone on #MarriedAtFirstSight tonight! Don't retweet if you're a MEANIE #MAFS

I don't usually get involved with online drama, but that Twitter post from MAFS_Original pisses me off.  I watched a Twitter drama unfold yesterday involving MAFS_Original and feel the need to speak up about it.

Yesterday, this MAFS_Original 'person' (I will assume it's a female and say "her/she" from this point forward) posted YET ANOTHER link to a story about Heather being arrested for flashing her breasts during Mardi Gras when she was 19, and for her DUI five years ago. I think it was the 3rd or 4th time they posted it. 

Heather saw it and re-tweeted it (which is why I saw it). Heather said: "Thx 4 exposing my past mistakes so ppl can understand my journey better. #growth

The MAFS_Original 'person' got a LOT of grief from people regarding that post. Most felt that it was news that had already been shared several times, and to keep bringing it up was nothing more than stirring up drama.  Someone told her it was 'mean' to keep posting it over and over again. "She" tried saying she wasn't being mean, but was trying to 'squash' rumors, but when no one bought that excuse, "she" deleted the post. 

So I find it ironic AND infuriating that she is now telling the "meanies" to stay away.  Excuse me?  SHE is the queen of mean for bashing people for their past mistakes over and over again, and for what? To try and get more followers for her account?

Yes, DUI is serious, but it's in the past. The producers knew about it, she learned from it and never did it again (as her job would be at risk if she did), so why did MAFS_Original feel the need to REPEATEDLY post stories about it?

I'm no Heather fan - I personally believe she is this season's Ashley (cold as ice, unenthusiastic and there for all the wrong reasons) - so please don't read my anger about the situation as blind love for/defense of Heather. I just have NO tolerance for online bullies, and yesterday's post felt like bullying to me.  The post from today is a good example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Venting over. Getting off my soapbox now. 

• Love 8

BonnieLass, thanks for sharing that. I am not on SM so what is said here is how I find all this stuff out myself. Agree it wasn't ok to keep doing what that person was doing. I am someone that can NOT stand anyone that wants to bully. Its disgusting and those that do it have no clue how it can take a toll on a person. The people that have been on this show with some sort of a record seem to have not repeated their mistakes over again. I would hope that if they had, the show would not have picked them but hell we never know with how these "experts" are. Anyway, I take it this person has nothing else to draw attention to themselves so this is why they kept posting something over and over again. What Heather said was done well. She didn't feed into the crap and go on the attack. I have explained to my daughter in the past when she was dealing with bullies in school that people that bully usually are taking their issues out on others. That some are sad inside and don't have good home lives and others are just plan mean because they learn it from their parents or just are for whatever reason. I also tried to tell her to say to them how she was sorry they were so sad inside and walk away when these kids would start up. Telling mean bullies the simplest little things sometimes stops them and more so when others hear/see it and stop siding with the bullies. 

• Love 2

How obnoxiously drunk would someone have to be to get arrested for flashing during Mardi Gras? In a city that's notoriously lax and freewheeling and during the most outrageously intoxicated party of the year, at which hundreds of women briefly flip up their tops?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, henrysmom said:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/161274_inside_the_grueling_casting_process_for_married_at_first_sight/

This article is old but makes me wonder how they find anybody to do this show.  

I can see getting dumped, or having a bad break up and filling out the online form.  But to then go through workshops (several of them, it sounds like), submit to a background check and psych screening (though it doesn't seem like the show does a great job with those), and <then> have to go through not one but four (back when there were four experts) rounds of psychological tests.  I think I'd just go to a few clubs or ask my friends if they knew anybody.  

Especially when you look at the show's track record and realize that they are 2 for 9 (and most people seem to doubt Jamie and Doug are in this for anything other than fame/money.

A lot of people are willing to go through the process knowing married at first sight pays really well and yeah you get in a real marriage but they make you sign a prenup so their is really nothing at stake and I believe Jamie and Doug are real if they weren't they would be over by now

• Love 1
On August 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM, seacliffsal said:

Last season wasn't there speculation about Sam and her pot-smoking?  No matter what one thinks or assumes about pot usage, it seems to me that it would only be fair to let the other person know, especially in a situation like this.  As others have mentioned, usage of cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, etc., should be revealed to the 'potential' spouse as these often serve as automatic deal breakers.

Ha!  And cigarette gate with Doug and Jamie!

From the previews I have seen Heather told the experts she was ok with an occasional user, Derek asked her if she minded if he smoked before dinner and she said ok. At dinner she did the passive aggressive how often is occasional while not telling Derek it was an issue, did a talking head about not bringing it up so until I see the episode I am going with the opinion that it was not a deal breaker for her, he did not lie and she did not address the issue before assuming he smoked weekly.

Sam well the pot was the least of her problems and Doug lied, he smoked got caught and then lied.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BonnieLass said:

I'm no Heather fan - I personally believe she is this season's Ashley (cold as ice, unenthusiastic and there for all the wrong reasons) - so please don't read my anger about the situation as blind love for/defense of Heather. I just have NO tolerance for online bullies, and yesterday's post felt like bullying to me.  The post from today is a good example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I may be in the minority here but I like Heather and she does not seem like an Ash;ey type at all, There are 465889 billion different personality types and just because she is not open-arms huggy kissy like Lilly, doesnt make her an "Ashley." Ashley almodt never appeared on camera without a full face of makeup professionally done and hair. Heather is very "real" on camera down to her morning-after big glasses and no makeup. She is just not as romantic as Lilly and TBH it may be cultural. To be fair she even snuggled on camera with Derek in bed. 

• Love 6