Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E25: Trey Gowdy; Wynton Marsalis; Nina Burleigh; And Rick Wilson

• Start Topic

Boy, "Cancel Culture" REALLY chaps Bill's ass, doesn't it? I mean, I agree with him to a certain extent, but jeez. 

Being back in the studio with no audience and guests still remote isn't any different than him being home, but I suppose it's a good way to ease back into the old routine.

• Love 1

THe Wynton segment (more specifically from about the 5:18 mark to the end) was simply amazing. I was rapt at his articulation of the ills of tribalism and how the electorate gets fleeced. You could tell Bill was rapt as well because he kept his mouth shut!

• Love 9

Yeah, what is up with Trey Gowdy's hair? And was there even a point to that interview, other than to demonstrate what a hypocrite he is? His response to every single question was dodge, evade, and whataboutism. 

I don't see the point of being in the studio if the guests are still remote and there's no audience. 

With almost every TV show being done by remote these days, I wish people would wrap their heads around turning off their phones during the damn interviews. You constantly hear text message and e-mail alerts beeping and chiming through the whole thing, and it's annoying as hell.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, opus said:

I got lost there too. Was the idea to save the Post Office by not using it?

The idea was to stop clogging it up so people can mail in their election ballots and the post office will be unencumbered by other mail.

Most of his examples were dumb though - railing against people mailing letters? Who writes letters anymore? Back in the day I was quite the prolific letter-writer, but I probably mailed my last one sometime in the early 90s. I am sure there are still a few being sent out, but certainly not enough to be a burden to the post office. Same with postcards. So antiquated, but Bill goes on like people are sending this stuff out in droves.

And sorry Bill but no one comes between me and my Amazon purchases. He's right about the spam mail though - I'd say 90% of what  my household gets in the mail goes straight into the trash.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, what is up with Trey Gowdy's hair? And was there even a point to that interview, other than to demonstrate what a hypocrite he is? His response to every single question was dodge, evade, and whataboutism. 

I don't see the point of being in the studio if the guests are still remote and there's no audience. 

With almost every TV show being done by remote these days, I wish people would wrap their heads around turning off their phones during the damn interviews. You constantly hear text message and e-mail alerts beeping and chiming through the whole thing, and it's annoying as hell.

I think he probably moved to the studio so he could get the hair and make up people to work their magic on him. I'm sure the lighting is better too...he needs all the help he can get...he ain't no Bradley Cooper. I thinking the president's tweet a few weeks ago about Bill looking like shit got to him.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 5
On 8/29/2020 at 10:23 AM, iMonrey said:

The only difference I saw was that Bill appeared to have had help with his hair & makeup and a pressed suit.

• Love 3

It's better to be back in the studio, but why the canned laughter? It can only be for one reason. Bill thinks his jokes won't work unless we know they're jokes. That shows weakness on his part. John Oliver has no problem delivering jokes with no audience but the one at home, trusting that we'll laugh if they're funny. Stephen Colbert, the same.

• Love 6
On 8/31/2020 at 10:00 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Bridal/baby shower invitations, wedding invitations, thank you cards... And during the quarantine, I wrote several letters and cards especially to elderly relatives ... it was kind of fun.  

Greeting cards, thank you cards and invitations aren't letters. Plus Bill mentioned greeting cards separately. I've sent a few cards since the pandemic hit.