Type keyword(s) to search

Christina On The Coast - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/19/2021 at 9:36 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Not real friends this time, but Mid-Century Modern inherited from late Grandma.   

And Christina gets a Rottweiler puppy, and his dad is 150 lbs.  She's surprised when the Rottie puppy tries to eat her cabinets, and the bar stool support.  

Reveal spoiler

Biggie, the Rottie puppy, seems to have disappeared, and has been scrubbed from all of her social media, and she's ignoring questions about him.   I hope he has a home where he'll get more attention    There is also a lot of speculation that the boyfriend of less than two months may be the fiance now.    So I guess the Tennessee house is only for the show?

I feel sorry for the homeowners, a complete repipe, including sewer pipes, total house rewire, but money must not be a problem since instead of opting for a new slider, and concrete repair for $5k, they opt for a bifold glass door for $13k.   

I hated this makeover, just as much as the couple of Mid Century ones on Flip or Flop. 

I just saw Christina in a TV ad for Mattress Firm, and she was magically changing the room color and decor, before finishing with a new mattress and bedding.  

I think she got rid of the dog already.  She deleted all the pics of him and she had an insta page for the dogs and she deleted that also.  

• Useful 2
On 7/23/2021 at 3:14 PM, Ohmo said:

The fact that she's with the realtor this soon after Ant is not a terrific sign.  It points to the fact that she seems to need to be in a relationship AND need the attention of a man.  She's a woman of significant financial means who has the opportunity to be on her own for quite a long time if she wishes.  However, she seems to be unable to do that, and that lack of stability is going to affect her and the kids.

And he seems to be always around now so it looks like he left that job in Austin, so who knows what he is doing.  His family lives in So Cal.

• Love 1

Seems she bought a new house in Dana Point for 10 million.  It looks like an adult house but no play area for kids.    The pool looks a little scary as it is risen off ground level with no fencing and an edge around it on one side that kids could fall right off of to the ground below.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, justdoit10 said:

Seems she bought a new house

Found it on Zillow, it is not a kid friendly house at all. No yard at all. But then she doesn't seem that kid friendly either.

Edited by edie3
  • LOL 5

She is incredibly impulsive. Changes houses and men with as much thought as most people give to changing their underwear. How much time will she spend in Tennessee before she gets bored with "country" life? What's the point of getting chickens and goats for a "vacation" home she'll probably sell within a year?

As for tonight's kitchen reno couple, they were pickier than most and she was glad to be done with them. It's becoming increasingly obvious that she's mostly just putting in her appearances on camera and leaving the bulk of the work to her "team." Thus, the problems with cabinet and backsplash colors. She could not have cared less. Besides, she's too busy thinking up new ways to spend down her considerable bank account. Doesn't surprise me that she bought a non child friendly house. Her kids are props who spend a lot of time with their fathers. Case in point, photos today of Ant taking Hudson to preschool. Christina MIA. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I guess she will have to hire a hunky "farmhand" to take care of the goats and chickens. Next thing you know she will be in a Hallmark movie. You know, California beach girl who sages meets a Tennessee flannel wearing farm hunk. Tempers fly at first, then one snowy Christmas, the power goes out and... 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, edie3 said:

I guess she will have to hire a hunky "farmhand" to take care of the goats and chickens. Next thing you know she will be in a Hallmark movie. You know, California beach girl who sages meets a Tennessee flannel wearing farm hunk. Tempers fly at first, then one snowy Christmas, the power goes out and... 

According to the Sun the new boyfriend was still living with his wife until the end of Feb and then got some quickie divorce that went through by May.  Yeah thats a catch Christina.  Now it looks like he is back in California with her and who knows if he even has a job.  The wife had to vacate the home they shared in Austin, Tx and it sold just recently.

Edited by justdoit10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, edie3 said:

You have her number. I'd pitch that plot to Hallmark. It would get a quick greenlight. The hunky farmhand was already introduced last night. Josh better watch out. Goat guy could get interested (in her bank account) real quick. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Does anyone have the Zillow link for her new home?

Her poor kids. Did they have to switch schools again? They’ve been uprooted so often. 

I was watching a rerun of Tarek’s flip show, and  once again I noticed Heather Rae is 99% a Christina look-alike. 

• Love 1

And regarding the segment with the middle age couple who was flipping their downstairs shortly before their wedding:

The duo-tiled backsplash over the stove looks artsy but hideous. I couldn’t live with that. 

The fireplace has no warmth (pun intended) and no charm. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, answerphone said:

Does anyone have the Zillow link for her new home?

Her poor kids. Did they have to switch schools again? They’ve been uprooted so often. 

I was watching a rerun of Tarek’s flip show, and  once again I noticed Heather Rae is 99% a Christina look-alike. 

Her new place is about a half hour south of  her old place. Less than 20 miles but heavy traffic on Pacific Coast Highway slows things down. If her kids are in private school, they may not have to switch, but I have a strong suspicion their needs and interests take a back seat to hers. I found photos of the new place just by Googling "Christina Haack new Dana Point home." A NY Post story popped right up. And yes, Tarek definitely has a type. The one who seems to be thriving, though, is Ant. His instagram pictures and videos of Hudson are adorable. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Her new place is about a half hour south of  her old place. Less than 20 miles but heavy traffic on Pacific Coast Highway slows things down. If her kids are in private school, they may not have to switch, but I have a strong suspicion their needs and interests take a back seat to hers. I found photos of the new place just by Googling "Christina Haack new Dana Point home." A NY Post story popped right up. And yes, Tarek definitely has a type. The one who seems to be thriving, though, is Ant. His instagram pictures and videos of Hudson are adorable. 

Ant dodged a major bullet - I'm sure the remainder of his life will be long and happy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I loathed the backsplash. It looked like they ran out of the dark colour and slapped on the white. 
I didn’t mind that they couldn’t take out the soffits. No one can reach the cupboards that go right to the ceiling anyway.
I was kind of surprised that the couple didn’t spend the $ 12000.00 to remove the wall or the $ 11000.00 to remove the soffits. Her clients generally seem to go way over budget in order to achieve their “vision”.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I loathed the backsplash. It looked like they ran out of the dark colour and slapped on the white. 

Me too. I just couldn't understand it. I did like the tile in the bar area, but its not practical. Looks like it would gather dust.

• Love 7
On 9/10/2021 at 2:36 PM, Shelbie said:

I didn’t mind that they couldn’t take out the soffits. No one can reach the cupboards that go right to the ceiling anyway.
I was kind of surprised that the couple didn’t spend the $ 12000.00 to remove the wall or the $ 11000.00 to remove the soffits. Her clients generally seem to go way over budget in order to achieve their “vision”.

There are no words to explain that horrendous backsplash.  I can't figure out who would do that and think boy that looks good,  It looked like little flame shapes coming from the dark backsplash.  It was so awful and an eyesore.

• Love 7

Yes, leading to another house makeover or two, after another televised wedding.  This news isn't a surprise after the appearing and disappearing engagement ring a while ago on her social media.      Now we know the storyline for Season 4.          

My guess, another divorce within a year, or at least a quiet separation, then the divorce.   Any guesses on another baby to end up with split custody with the new guy?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, justdoit10 said:

According to the Sun the new boyfriend was still living with his wife until the end of Feb and then got some quickie divorce that went through by May.  Yeah thats a catch Christina.  Now it looks like he is back in California with her and who knows if he even has a job.  The wife had to vacate the home they shared in Austin, Tx and it sold just recently.

He has made his tatoo artist a millionaire!

• LOL 3

I would gladly contribute to a divorce date pool. I predict a quickie wedding followed by a separation within a year. She should have worked things out with Tarek. This engagement feels like she's trying to one up his pending wedding. These two are on an endless marriage go round and it's no good for the kids. 

21 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 4

I hope he was careful with a quickie divorce.  In most states, they aren’t legal.  

Something seems to be very off with Christina.  I’m not sure what it is, but her judgment is really off.  Creating major changes in the lives of her children in a short time period  is really cruel.  How does she not see this?  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope he was careful with a quickie divorce.  In most states, they aren’t legal.  

Something seems to be very off with Christina.  I’m not sure what it is, but her judgment is really off.  Creating major changes in the lives of her children in a short time period  is really cruel.  How does she not see this?  

Christina's priority seems to be Christina. Her new kid unfriendly house is a good reflection of that. Hudson would appear to be mostly with Ant, so he's well taken care of. The older kids are like a couple of ping pong balls bouncing between parents and parents' ever changing partners and houses. The last thing they need is to now have to adjust to living with another man so soon after Ant became history. Christina is doing them no favors. Kids need stability, not an ever changing cast of characters married to mom. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe she is smoking too much toad venom.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

In Tarek's defense, he's been with Heather Rae Young for quite some time now. No quickie marriages for Tarek.

Yes, true. She's a reality tv person, too. It will be interesting to see if those two have any staying power over the long run after the shows are cancelled and the cameras go away. That remains to be seen.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, leading to another house makeover or two, after another televised wedding.  This news isn't a surprise after the appearing and disappearing engagement ring a while ago on her social media.      Now we know the storyline for Season 4.          

My guess, another divorce within a year, or at least a quiet separation, then the divorce.   Any guesses on another baby to end up with split custody with the new guy?     

No more babies. She barely has time to take care of the ones she has. Between filming two shows, selling a house, buying two more houses, hanging out with friends, and becoming involved in yet another relationship, her plate has been pretty full the past year.  Another kid is more than likely not part of the equation. 

• LOL 1
On 9/20/2021 at 5:01 PM, Hpmec said:

Christina is doing them no favors. Kids need stability, not an ever changing cast of characters married to mom. 

And now they get to play on a cement backyard far from their friends.

I hope she doesn't have anymore kids for their sake.  But "Pregnant Moms Who Can Do It All" are HGTV staples.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
On 9/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Hpmec said:

She should have worked things out with Tarek. This engagement feels like she's trying to one up his pending wedding. 

Both of her exes - Anstead is dating Renee Zellweger. With Tarek's fiancee she can be seen as an equal because they both are reality tv stars. Renee is an A-list, two time Oscar winner who is several levels of fame bigger than Christina. Sure, Christina can get on the cover of People and US Weekly but Renee gets Vogue.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Yes, true. She's a reality tv person, too. It will be interesting to see if those two have any staying power over the long run after the shows are cancelled and the cameras go away. That remains to be seen.

I hope they make it too. In fact, since Christina now has her own show, I wish she would just let Tarek & Heather take over and do Flip or Flop 2.0, as it would be much more enjoyable to watch without all the barbs being thrown by the exes.

• Love 5

Heather's also a working real estate agent, in addition to her reality show.    I really like Heather, she seems much nicer than Christina.     

Also, after the divorce, Tarek did a lot of dating, but Heather is the first one that I think has a real relationship with his kids.   

Unlike you-know-who's Daddy of the month club.     

My guess is that Christina has a team that does everything but the on camera stuff on her show, barely shows up on F or F.   Then, there's her Wellness show on Discovery +, I don't know if it aired or not, but I'm hoping it stays on D+ when it does, and not end up on HGTV or other cable channels. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MsTree said:

I hope they make it too. In fact, since Christina now has her own show, I wish she would just let Tarek & Heather take over and do Flip or Flop 2.0, as it would be much more enjoyable to watch without all the barbs being thrown by the exes.

Tarek seems to do all the work and make decisions. Christina just walks around!!

• Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Getting a dog with a 150 lb. sire was a terrible idea from the beginning.   I hope Biggy is happy, and loving whoever he lives with now.  

"Behavioral issues" = lack of a consistent schedule & training by Christina.  I hope Biggy is living with people less impulsive & flakey and Christina made the decision to rehome him soon after her photo op with all the kids & dogs running wild.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

"Behavioral issues" = lack of a consistent schedule & training by Christina.  I hope Biggy is living with people less impulsive & flakey and Christina made the decision to rehome him soon after her photo op with all the kids & dogs running wild.

Wasn't that poor puppy only about 3-4 months old!? How many behavioral issues could he have developed!?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, janey99 said:

Wasn't that poor puppy only about 3-4 months old!? How many behavioral issues could he have developed!?

He was probably just running around chasing the kids & vice versa and chewing things that the owner & kids were too lazy or stupid to keep out of his reach - normal puppy behaviour.  Puppies also need sleep, not constant prodding by over-indulged kids.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2021 at 7:01 PM, Hpmec said:

Christina's priority seems to be Christina. Her new kid unfriendly house is a good reflection of that. Hudson would appear to be mostly with Ant, so he's well taken care of. The older kids are like a couple of ping pong balls bouncing between parents and parents' ever changing partners and houses. The last thing they need is to now have to adjust to living with another man so soon after Ant became history. Christina is doing them no favors. Kids need stability, not an ever changing cast of characters married to mom. 

You are not kidding.  That pool is dangerous for Hudson and it sits on a ledge with no fencing. Thank God Ant does have him most of the time.  Now she has this guy living in her house and it appears he has no job.  It has to be confusing for these kids.  

• Love 3
On 9/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Heather's also a working real estate agent, in addition to her reality show.    I really like Heather, she seems much nicer than Christina.     

Also, after the divorce, Tarek did a lot of dating, but Heather is the first one that I think has a real relationship with his kids.   

Unlike you-know-who's Daddy of the month club.     

My guess is that Christina has a team that does everything but the on camera stuff on her show, barely shows up on F or F.   Then, there's her Wellness show on Discovery +, I don't know if it aired or not, but I'm hoping it stays on D+ when it does, and not end up on HGTV or other cable channels. 

On her Discovery + she is no longer on speaking terms with Shannon, the blonde friend who did her hair and makeup.  She doesn't address it when people ask.

• Love 1

My first thought was the tattoos are um interesting. I think her husband/boyfriends after Tarek have been different. I think the fame and money thing let her relive her youth. It’s just like when men have the trophy wife or sports car. I think they are both trying to have fun with their wealth while they can. They were just young average realtors and starting out. I haven’t seen their first season since they’ve aired but I do recall them looking average without his hats and necklaces and her extensions. I’m guessing they are do-parenting as best they can. Of course, there was the melt down and shouting match Tarek had with Christina. I will say I was shocked their wasn’t some secret recording of said fight bought by TMZ. I haven’t watched Christina’s show since the reforest episode. It didn’t hold my interest. 

• Love 2

I've never seen a butter knife that could cut hair.  I think kiddo got his hands on something sharper and Ant doesn't want to have his custody curtailed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4