Type keyword(s) to search

Christina On The Coast - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wonder if the four properties in CA are her house plus three properties that she owns and is flipping with Tarek?  Otherwise, I can't image where the houses would come from, but I'm surprised that the company doesn't own them.  How would the company's assets affect her divorce from Ant?

• Love 2
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

... and the fake tan & peroxide.  With all that clumpy mascara, eye shadow & eyeliner, I don't think I've ever seen the whites of her eyes.  Along with the whiney/snarky voice it all makes her seem very harsh. 

I'll give her a pass on the fake tan. Spray tanning, if that is what she does, isn't going to cause her skin problems. If she is laying out in the sun, that will.

Now all the other stuff, fake eyelashes, microblading eyebrows, fake nails, peroxide, hair extensions, fillers, botox she's going to have side effects from all of that.

She is just all glued together!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Rightside said:

I'll give her a pass on the fake tan. Spray tanning, if that is what she does, isn't going to cause her skin problems. If she is laying out in the sun, that will.

Now all the other stuff, fake eyelashes, microblading eyebrows, fake nails, peroxide, hair extensions, fillers, botox she's going to have side effects from all of that.

She is just all glued together!

Notice that no matter how much weight she loses, her boobs get bigger and perkier?    

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

TMZ article this morning claims that Tarek blew up at her on the Flip or Flop set. Called her a washed up loser and the suspicion was that he was pissed about the toad venom smoking. Have no idea how accurate this is. However, TMZ sources are usually pretty good. I have no doubt he is pissed at her. He loves his kids and is probably not happy that she was admitting to having a messed up head that was supposedly cleared with the hallucinogen. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Her newest instagram post:

Some people are lucky enough to get forever the first time but no one should be shamed for things not working out and no one knows what goes on behind closed doors - remember that before making judgements and assumptions… and this woman / mama is still lucky enough to have this man choose me.

12 minutes ago, edie3 said:

Some people are lucky enough to get forever the first time but no one should be shamed for things not working out and no one knows what goes on behind closed doors - remember that before making judgements and assumptions… and this woman / mama is still lucky enough to have this man choose me.

I certainly don't know what goes on behind closed doors and wouldn't try to guess. But I would assume that a woman who bailed out of a reasonably lengthy marriage during which she and her husband brought two children into the world and created a successful business together and then went on to meet and soon marry and quickly divorce another man with whom she has a child, has difficulty sustaining relationships for whatever reason. I wish her luck with #3 but there seems to be a pattern here. For the sake of her kids, who seem to be like ping pong balls back and forth between households, I hope she thinks this through and proceeds cautiously. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 4:43 PM, 3 is enough said:

So evidently she has a new boyfriend and smoked toad venom to rid her life of toxins.  I think she has lost it. 

And now her new post is "Ride or Die" with someone she has dated a few months and is a retired cop turned realtor in Austin Tx.  What is she 12?  Good grief she is immature.

Edited by justdoit10
typo
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ohmo said:

I wonder if the four properties in CA are her house plus three properties that she owns and is flipping with Tarek?  Otherwise, I can't image where the houses would come from, but I'm surprised that the company doesn't own them.  How would the company's assets affect her divorce from Ant?

I suppose she could have invested in real estate and rents them out.  They didn't really say where they were.

Edited by justdoit10
typo
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Hpmec said:

I certainly don't know what goes on behind closed doors and wouldn't try to guess. But I would assume that a woman who bailed out of a reasonably lengthy marriage during which she and her husband brought two children into the world and created a successful business together and then went on to meet and soon marry and quickly divorce another man with whom she has a child, has difficulty sustaining relationships for whatever reason. I wish her luck with #3 but there seems to be a pattern here. For the sake of her kids, who seem to be like ping pong balls back and forth between households, I hope she thinks this through and proceeds cautiously. 

You are so right.  The kids are barely together as they are being sent 2 different directions.  You wonder what they think about it.  Taylor is 10 and she is old enough to see some of this online.  

(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 11:12 PM, edie3 said:

I ended up on Ant's Instagram and there are so many cute photos of him and Hudson.  I know things on there can be manipulated, but he looks like an incredible and totally hands on father.

He literally takes that kid everywhere and does expose him to all different adventures.  Often times when  you see Christina doing things with the older kids, Hudson is nowhere in sight.  I really do think she didn't want to go through the baby age again once she had him.  

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, answerphone said:

That was extremely weird and awkward when she handed her friend Cassie a check to help cover upcoming wedding costs. 🤨

Oh, I turned it off too soon!

It was too much when they were at lunch and Christina was becoming the wedding planner and it guess it got worse!

• LOL 4
On 7/22/2021 at 11:12 AM, edie3 said:

When people (anyone, not just Christina) do anything publicly, they are inviting judgement and comment. On her show, she has repeatedly (including in last night's episode) referred to the fact that she has two "baby daddies." Her business is literally all out for all the world to see, including Taylor's birthday party and her wedding to Ant.  I don't watch Tarek's Flipping 101 show, but is his personal life on as much display as hers? Her show is pretty close to 50% her personal life and 50% her current project. For her own sake (and for the sake of all of the kids), she would probably benefit from things staying behind closed doors.  However, SHE has to decide to leave them there.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, Hpmec said:

For the sake of her kids, who seem to be like ping pong balls back and forth between households, I hope she thinks this through and proceeds cautiously. 

The fact that she's with the realtor this soon after Ant is not a terrific sign.  It points to the fact that she seems to need to be in a relationship AND need the attention of a man.  She's a woman of significant financial means who has the opportunity to be on her own for quite a long time if she wishes.  However, she seems to be unable to do that, and that lack of stability is going to affect her and the kids.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

On her show, she has repeatedly (including in last night's episode) referred to the fact that she has two "baby daddies." Her business is literally all out for all the world to see, including Taylor's birthday party and her wedding to Ant. 

I don't know why the producers agree to all this personal stuff. Just show the makeover of the houses.

Again, I don't know why this show is still on TV!

• Love 7
(edited)

People had a lot more to say about the incident between Tarek and Christina. (Link below.)

"They did get into a disagreement. Tarek lashed out and he's super remorseful," the insider says. "They're exes who share a history and children and a workplace, but outside of coparenting, they're not friends."

PEOPLE reported on Wednesday that El Moussa went on a verbal tirade against Haack on the set of their HGTV show Flip or Flop after he didn't like the way she signaled to him that she and the crew were ready to film the next segment.

According to TMZ, during the heated confrontation, El Moussa allegedly yelled at Haack, saying that he enjoys watching her fail. He also compared her to his current fiancée Heather Rae Young, of Selling Sunset fame.

"Look at me, look at me, look at me. It's called winning," El Moussa reportedly told Haack, saying that he "made" her and referring to her as a "washed-up loser."

Tarek El Moussa Is 'Super Remorseful' He 'Lashed Out' at Ex Christina Haack, Says Source

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, answerphone said:

That was extremely weird and awkward when she handed her friend Cassie a check to help cover upcoming wedding costs. 🤨

As I rule I fast forward whenever Cassie appears on the show. I'm unimpressed with her personality and neediness. Plus, she's a waste of viewing time. BUT, if she and Christina share a "weird and awkward" scene I will watch that. Thanks for the heads-up on snark value. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

I don't know why the producers agree to all this personal stuff. Just show the makeover of the houses.

They agreed to it because they know her "designs" are not enough to fuel an entire episode. It's still on TV because HGTV is much too devoted to White (especially blonde) women and men who's designs look alike. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

When people (anyone, not just Christina) do anything publicly, they are inviting judgement and comment. On her show, she has repeatedly (including in last night's episode) referred to the fact that she has two "baby daddies." Her business is literally all out for all the world to see, including Taylor's birthday party and her wedding to Ant.  I don't watch Tarek's Flipping 101 show, but is his personal life on as much display as hers? Her show is pretty close to 50% her personal life and 50% her current project. For her own sake (and for the sake of all of the kids), she would probably benefit from things staying behind closed doors.  However, SHE has to decide to leave them there.

I find her to be so immature.  They are fathers and are actually very involved with their kids, and  not baby daddies.  Does she want to be called a baby mama?  I saw her last post where she wrote "ride or die" about the new bf with horrible tats, that she has been dating a few months.  What is she 12?  And then putting out there she smoked toad venom.  I can't watch her or any show she is in.  

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Grrarrggh said:

They agreed to it because they know her "designs" are not enough to fuel an entire episode. It's still on TV because HGTV is much too devoted to White (especially blonde) women and men who's designs look alike. 

I like Jasmine Roth and can watch her.  I don't like all her designs but she can actually do something and I find her to have a nice personality.  I never liked watching Christina.  Totally useless and very strange with her crystal wearing and hocus pocus crap she is in to.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tinderbox said:

I hated pretty much every design choice made in the house with the dark green lower cabinets.  

I thought the white countertops with the green cabinets was an odd combination. The countertops stood out almost too much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

I thought the white countertops with the green cabinets was an odd combination

something seemed "off" about the whole design and colors.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, edie3 said:

something seemed "off" about the whole design and colors.

The wooden kitchen cabinets looked as dated as the ones they tore out & replaced at great expense.  And having the pantry wall w/matching wooden uppers & lowers and different combos on the other walls & island looked haphazard, as if they ran out of one style of cabinet and then used another, and then used floating shelves. White counters & sink, black fixtures & pulls, green cabinets, light wood cabinets, darker wood shelves, stainless steel appliances, then more colours/textures with the flooring and backsplash - too many in the mix.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

The wooden kitchen cabinets looked as dated as the ones they tore out & replaced at great expense.  And having the pantry wall w/matching wooden uppers & lowers and different combos on the other walls & island looked haphazard, as if they ran out of one style of cabinet and then used another, and then used floating shelves. White counters & sink, black fixtures & pulls, green cabinets, light wood cabinets, darker wood shelves, stainless steel appliances, then more colours/textures with the flooring and backsplash - too many in the mix.

I saw pictures on HGTV insta.  It is a hard pass for me.

• Love 3

Agree about the kitchen having way too much going on…something about the oak cabinets with the black pulls and the green cabinets made me slightly nauseous.

And is Christina merching her purse?  Why does she always have it on while she’s showing these houses?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Rightside said:

Money. This article details how this situation with Tarek, Christina, Ant, and even Renee Zellweger all ties to Discovery and Discovery+.  The company is making money from all sides of this situation, and let's face it, Tarek, Christina, and Ant are all making money from this, too.  And the cynic in me doesn't think the fact that Christina's new man is a real estate broker is a coincidence either. Tony Kornheiser on PTI (ESPN) always quotes a fellow reporter who once said, "The answer to all of your questions is money."

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2570856/ant-anstead-renee-zellweger-celebrity-iou-joyride-christina-haack-kids-move-out

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not real friends this time, but Mid-Century Modern inherited from late Grandma.   

And Christina gets a Rottweiler puppy, and his dad is 150 lbs.  She's surprised when the Rottie puppy tries to eat her cabinets, and the bar stool support.  

Spoiler

Biggie, the Rottie puppy, seems to have disappeared, and has been scrubbed from all of her social media, and she's ignoring questions about him.   I hope he has a home where he'll get more attention    There is also a lot of speculation that the boyfriend of less than two months may be the fiance now.    So I guess the Tennessee house is only for the show?

I feel sorry for the homeowners, a complete repipe, including sewer pipes, total house rewire, but money must not be a problem since instead of opting for a new slider, and concrete repair for $5k, they opt for a bifold glass door for $13k.   

I hated this makeover, just as much as the couple of Mid Century ones on Flip or Flop. 

I just saw Christina in a TV ad for Mattress Firm, and she was magically changing the room color and decor, before finishing with a new mattress and bedding.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Christina Pet Peeve: Every time she says "thank you", it comes out "thank yo". Anyone else notice this? Or is that a valley girl thing? If so, it's irritating.

"tha-kewww" seems to be a valley girl thing

Those orangey wood lower cabinets did not look good with the grey-taupe wooden floors, as hubby predicted.  They should have gone with a solid colour lower cabinets (but not green!).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

People who buy mid century modern homes often want to retore them to their original glory. Christina doesn't "get" this at all. The homes were designed with specific floorplans and materials unique to the era. In this case the homeowners were ok with walls coming down and the kitchen expanded and rearranged. Their home. Their choice. But, before making the changes, they would have been wise to consult with a designer who specializes in mid century modern and who might have suggested preserving more of what made the home special to begin with. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hpmec said:

But, before making the changes, they would have been wise to consult with a designer who specializes in mid century modern and who might have suggested preserving more of what made the home special to begin with. 

Yes, instead of hiring Christina they should have hired Brett Waterman from Restored. The MCM's on his show were gorgeous, and I don't even care for that style.

• Love 12

and the grout or whatever you use on those cement blocks (breeze blocks?) wasn't all filled it. Guess the uncle had to bake more bread!

Edited by edie3
  • LOL 2
21 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Yes, instead of hiring Christina they should have hired Brett Waterman from Restored. The MCM's on his show were gorgeous, and I don't even care for that style.

Exactly.  If you don't want a grey and white 'super cute' house with chunky floating shelves like all the others that Christina renovates, don't hire her!  Brett also really does a really good job "finding space" while rejigging the flow.  A few episodes back Christina pulled down walls  to expand the kitchen and put in a huge 6'x12' island in the middle and planned to put the fridge on the opposite side from sink, stove & microwave.  The husband pointed out that there was no work triangle and he and his wife didn't want to run laps around the island to prepare a meal.  So they changed her plans and moved the fridge to where the "designer" should have put it in the first place.

• Love 6

In the end, I felt bad for the female homeowner.  I’m not at all convinced she was  completely happy with the final design.  She was clearly pleased with the new bifold doors and the remaining original cinder block wall, but you could see in her eyes as she looked around that the feel of her grandmother’s home wasn’t anywhere to be found. 

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 4

I flat out do not understand the appeal of bifold doors. I assume they are very expensive and give a wow moment but all I see are millions of flies and bugs inside the house whenever they are left open. I would hate them.

Edited by Shelbie
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

IMO, Christina is just a TV personality who 'drives' the show. There's no way in hell she's an actual designer except maybe in her head.

That's true for pretty much every HGTV programme. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

That's true for pretty much every HGTV programme. 

Not necessarily. A brief example is Candice Olson and Mike Holmes. And unless I'm mistaken, I believe the couple on Renovation Island (especially the husband) is an actual builder.

• Love 2

Candice Olson hasn't been on HGTV in years, and I thought Mike Holmes' show was on DIY. There may be a few actual designers on the network, but I don't believe they were hired for their skills. Nor does a lack of skill keep TPTB from giving anyone with a good screen test a show.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:42 PM, Broderbits said:

Candice Olson hasn't been on HGTV in years, and I thought Mike Holmes' show was on DIY. There may be a few actual designers on the network, but I don't believe they were hired for their skills. Nor does a lack of skill keep TPTB from giving anyone with a good screen test a show.

I realize Candice hasn't been on in quite a while, but the poster said "That's true for pretty much every HGTV programme." I believe her program would qualify under the "every" category (vs. current program).

A few current designers/builders are Mina Starsiak and Jasmine Roth.

Mike Holmes' show began on HGTV and later aired with reruns on DIY.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 2