Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E22: Couldn't Mask For Anything More: The Grand Finale

• Start Topic

I, too, am glad Frog didn't win.  He looked surprised too, when it was announced he was 3rd.  At least by his head bob, anyway.  I think he thought he had it in the bag.

I'm glad Night Angel won.  I thought she was the best, and except for one song a few weeks ago, she was consistently good.  

And I have no idea who any of the 3 finalists are.

• Love 5

I didn't really care who won. They were all fine.  I wasn't over the moon for any of them, but they were all fine and I don't believe this is a real competition anyway.

I don't care that the Frog rapped and didn't sing as I don't really care that the title of the show is Masked Singer rather than Masked Idol or Masked Music Star.

Who knows how this could be filmed for the fall?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I didn't really care who won. They were all fine.  I wasn't over the moon for any of them, but they were all fine and I don't believe this is a real competition anyway.

I don't care that the Frog rapped and didn't sing as I don't really care that the title of the show is Masked Singer rather than Masked Idol or Masked Music Star.

Who knows how this could be filmed for the fall?

I agree with you.  Although, I preferred if Turtle or Night Angel won, I wouldn't have been upset if the Frog won.  He was entertaining and talented.  I thought all three were fine not great.  I was more upset about Gronk making it as far as he did.

Since this was filmed before Covid-19, Nick mentioned being back for fall at a time when he didn't know that everything was going to be shut down.  So who knows if we'll get a fall show.

I've seen people mentioned Night Angel's open mouth.  What was weird to me was watching her tongue wagging while she was masked.  It was freaky.  It was nice when she took off her mask and we didn't have to see her mask anymore.

• Love 3

I don't know if this show is really about the singing.  It is, but it isn't.  To me, the show is to guess who is in the costume.  Sometimes terrible singers go through over good singers.  So, it seems to be more about entertainment value.  White Tiger stayed in way longer than he should have.  There is no real prize - other than the trophy - and probably appearance fees. 

• Love 2

I have loved Jesse for the longest time so glad he’s reminding people what a wonderful voice he has. He crushed it in the Finals but Night Angel has good in the past. I just thought the past two performances by her were weak, but congrats to Kandi. 

• Love 2

I forgot who won already. Who won? And by that, who were they when unmasked. I am drawing an utter blank and I watched the show. All I remember is that one of the finalists was a blond guy.

This show has run its course. 4 months of episodes and no one cares anymore. Doesn't help when half the reveals are followed by a "who?"

I still think they need to reformat. Quit the season long contestants whom most people guess within 2 episodes. Go to a standalone episode run. 4 contestants, one episode, all revealed by the end. Rinse and repeat. They'll get better celebs that dont have to commit as much time. They could break into 2 episodes, same week like most competition shows. Performance day 1, 2and performance and reveal day 2. That would give a little bit of guessing time for the audience and not completely bore them. And being a winner per show you wouldn't end up with some like nightangel winning the whole thing. 

Doubt I'll watch next season. Just watch the reveals followed by hitting up google. 

• Love 3

I wasn't upset the Night Angel won, as she was the best vocalist left (even though I thought her costume was so creepy). I found myself actually rooting against the Turtle, because I found his voice pretty mediocre and most of his performances pretty unmemorable.

But I totally agree this show needs to be shorter. It felt like it dragged forever in a way past seasons didn't. Way, way too much time spent on filler and unnecessary nonsense (those 2-hour shows were painful). If Idol can do one hour with nine performers, this show can, too.

I actually think this show could survive post-COVID. You could theoretically have the judges on Zoom. The "studio audience" voting would go away, but maybe they could do half-America, half-judges, like Dancing with the Stars. Mostly, these shows are reminding me how useless a studio audience is (other than an efficient spreader of disease). I hope they go the way of the dodo bird in these times.

Congrats, Night Angel. The best pure vocalist remaining won, and for this show, that feels revolutionary.

• Love 3