Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Gang Offends Everyone

• Start Topic

Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart represent an Olympic hopeful who was edged out of a spot on the U.S. women's swim team due to a last minute change to the eligibility window. From racism to sex and gender constructs, the case quickly takes the firm into rough waters. Meanwhile, Adrian is approached by the DNC with a compelling offer and Diane and Julius unite to track down Memo 618.

Airdate: May 21, 2020

Luka is incredibly dumb to spend money she hadn’t even received yet. She’s been successful for far too long to make such a rookie mistake. It was nice that she and her friend were able to have a frank conversation about money, but weird that the friend has already forgotten what it’s like to not be a bazillionaire when the show made clear during her divorce that she hasn’t been rich for that long. 

I liked the tribute to Adam Schlesinger by using the Fountains of Wayne song over the opening credits. I’ve always loved that song. 

• Love 3

Whee, Luca strolling into the office stylin' and profilin' with her new Birkin bag reminded  me of this:

The DNC hasn't done their homework if they want Adrian to run for president. Sounds like they're setting him up to be a stalking horse.

Was that Rob Reiner as the judge in the Olympics discrimination trial? Haven't seen him in a while.

When you have a bag you practically have to keep in a vault, I'm thinking maybe that bag is too expensive for you.

Was the show suggesting that 44 never used Memo 618? Interesting which presidents they mentioned and which ones they didn't.

Wow, David Lee did Luca a solid. Wonders never cease.

So is Adrian's girlfriend's intention that if the DNC later tries to make any trouble with him about her shadiness she could just throw down Memo 618 and they'd back off?

$1.5M in cash? GMAFB. That's a huge tax problem waiting to happen unless the point was to give her money she could try not to declare as income. She'd still have find a way to launder it though. Maybe she can buy a car wash. #lucabreaksbad

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just love this show! The level of insanity is just beyond belief. And at the end of every episode, I never know if it was all tongue-in-cheek or whether the madness is actually real!

• Love 2

I can't help feeling that Bianca's card playing friends were kind giving Luca the finger sending her all of that cash.  Its definitely asking for trouble. 

I wasn't sure what was so special about that bag besides its price.  It wasn't to my taste at least. 

I'm pretty sure this whole DNC thing is the key for Adrian's exit.  His whole case with the swimmers was a shitstorm waiting to happen. 

• Useful 1

Is the Birkin bag thing still a thing? Sex and the City did a whole episode around it almost 20 years ago!

Still not sure how I feel about the show. I bailed out last year cuz I couldn't take that stupid Roland Blum character and was hoping this season would get back to interesting cases and more realistic character development. Making Luca an insta-millionaire and having Liz inexplicably throw down with a subordinate is not it.

I guess I will stick around and see how next season goes. If anyone could do something interesting about coronavirus it's these guys. 

• Love 1

Most of the plots this season seem like 'subplots'. I still love the show - still think it's one of the best dramas on TV - but it seems to have gotten lost in itself, once again, as it did in S3.  WIth a shortened season 4 (episode 7 is  going to be the last, as they cut the last three due to the pandemic) it may go down as the most disappointing season for the series.

The good news is that the show was picked up for a fifth season for 2021, and the last three episodes written for this season (S4) will start the season off. 

Every country doing what they can for an advantage in the Olympics.

Birkin bags have to ordered.  Luca doesn’t just walk into a store for one.  Guess she’s got a credit card with a big limit.  

So I get where presidents can use memo 618, but all rich and powerful people/corporations get to use it too?

On 5/24/2020 at 8:01 AM, TVbitch said:

Is the Birkin bag thing still a thing? Sex and the City did a whole episode around it almost 20 years ago!

Oh, it's absolutely still a thing, so much so that there is no way in hell Luca could just swan into an Hermes store and get one. There is a waiting list. If you're a regular costumer then you might have a shot of a store selling you something they have on hand. Otherwise, you'd have to buy a used one online or at auction.

I hated the associates and paralegals in the firm confronting Adrian and Liz about being mean to trans people. How many lawyers have they met? Most are willing to use anything they can dig up out of the poo pile in order to win their cases. That's the job.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was that Rob Reiner as the judge in the Olympics discrimination trial? Haven't seen him in a while.

It was indeed Rob Reiner. He looked like he was having a ball.

• Love 1

If Luca doesn't want to attract attention, she shouldn't be sporting one of those bags. I wouldn't be able to pick one out of a line up of bags, I hadn't even heard of them until Gilmore Girls, but the women at the office knew what it was immediately.