Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Viva Drag Vegas

• Start Topic

My daughter thinks Jaida will win.  I do agree that Jaida is very beautiful but I haven't really cared for her - I thought she came across as harsh several times (but I think she really isn't - she just comes across that way at times).  Again, any of these three queens are worthy of winning and representing.

Never wanted to go to Las Vegas, but I might change my mind to go see RuPaul's show...LOL!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 12:00 PM, Just Carol said:

I don't understand how the end sequences work.  I do see that the eliminated queen stands off-stage and says what an amazing opportunity it has been (while the other queens dance in the runway).

I think what happens is, immediately after the elimination, the eliminated queen goes somewhere, to perhaps do an interview, etc. The remaining queens go to the work  room, de-drag, write notes. Then, the eliminated one goes to the work room to do that last tag, often sobbing. Then the next day, when the others are at a rehearsal or on the runway, or otherwise out of the work room, eliminated comes in to get the notes and pack. Perhaps the untucked lounge factors in, maybe the immediate sobbing interview is in the work room right away, oh yeah, that must be it since the mirror message has to be writte, while the others are in the lounge. Packing all that stuff would take a while!

On that subject, how to do they get all the stuff there? I read somewhere they are allowed to have 5 suitcases. But if you have one for your boy clothes, you can't fit all those wigs, shoes, accessories, huge gowns, corsets etc. in just four. Rock M's tulle dress alone would fill the biggest one!

Edited by Ananayel
On 5/20/2020 at 4:25 AM, swanpride said:

Well, the good thing is that this time around the winner isn't obvious. In the last seasons, it was always pretty clear who the forerunner is, despite attempts to built up a rival.

I actually thought Yvie and Brook Lynn were running neck and neck last year, going into the finale. And in season 9, it seemed like no one had a clue who was going to win. (Aquaria was the clear winner of season 10, though.)

As far as Crystal goes, I think she's lucky that Jaida and Gigi both seem a bit lacking in the personality department.

Jaida is an incredibly polished queen, but she isn't nearly as popular as she would be if she had a more likable personality. In the confessionals, she always looked like she was smelling a fart. And I get that her arrogance is part of her grandiose persona, which is somewhat entertaining - but that arrogance didn't help her with the fanbase.

And Gigi only seemed to come alive when she talked about her mother or fashion. In all other respects, she seemed like an empty vessel.

To her credit, I think Gigi is actually pretty down-to-earth for a 21-year-old fashionista who has four wins under her belt, who's conventionally hot as a guy and pretty in drag. She seems much more humble to me than Aquaria or Violet ever did. But it would have helped her with the fans if she showed some vulnerability, and she never really did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Gigi's inability to show vulnerability may stem from the fact that she apparently has always been accepted by her mom and her mom's community so she may not have faced some of the adversity some of the other queens have faced.  Which is a good thing - a great thing actually - but doesn't lend itself to showing vulnerability.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I think what happens is, immediately after the elimination, the eliminated queen goes somewhere, to perhaps do an interview, etc. The remaining queens go to the work  room, de-drag, write notes. Then, the eliminated one goes to the work room to do that last tag, often sobbing. Then the next day, when the others are at a rehearsal or on the runway, or otherwise out of the work room, eliminated comes in to get the notes and pack. Perhaps the untucked lounge factors in, maybe the immediate sobbing interview is in the work room right away, oh yeah, that must be it since the mirror message has to be writte, while the others are in the lounge. Packing all that stuff would take a while!

On that subject, how to do they get all the stuff there? I read somewhere they are allowed to have 5 suitcases. But if you have one for your boy clothes, you can't fit all those wigs, shoes, accessories, huge gowns, corsets etc. in just four. Rock M's tulle dress alone would fill the biggest one!

I always assumed that they wrote the mirror message immediately after getting sashayed away. They are still in full drag from that runway. And I assume it happens when they always have the saved queens dance on stage with the register to vote signs. The ousted queen then goes to the hotel or wherever to de-drag while the other queens read the mirror message and leave notes etc. Then later or probably the next morning the ousted queen comes back to pack everything up. 

• Love 5

I think Gigi's "down to earth" behaviour works against her. I mean, imagine that you are the first queen which manages a Snatch game/Rusical/Ball Triple. Wouldn't you brag just a little bit? At least in the confessional where the other queens can't hear you? It is exactly because she doesn't that she comes off as overly controlled. I am not sure if I have actually seen the true Gigi at any point of the competition, it is as if she is always on the stage. Which, I guess, she is, but part of the show is to actually get to know the contestants.

• Love 1

I find Jaida self-confident and pretty centered with it. That's the kind of empowerment Ru likes to preach, so it's great to see a younger queen embody it.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, slaterain said:

I always assumed that they wrote the mirror message immediately after getting sashayed away. They are still in full drag from that runway. And I assume it happens when they always have the saved queens dance on stage with the register to vote signs. The ousted queen then goes to the hotel or wherever to de-drag while the other queens read the mirror message and leave notes etc. Then later or probably the next morning the ousted queen comes back to pack everything up. 

But the eliminated contestant gets into the van at night.  Unless it is an underground garage?  It is dark when the contestant gets into the van.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Just Carol said:

But the eliminated contestant gets into the van at night.  Unless it is an underground garage?  It is dark when the contestant gets into the van.

good point - It could be an underground access - or an alley. So then they come back after getting all cleaned up and the other queens have left to pack up that same night. 

• Love 1
(edited)

On other untucked's though, sometimes they would go outside to smoke. And it was daylight, looks like the same outer area. So perhaps the eliminated queen comes back after the others have dedragged and gone to the hotel for the night.

Elimination, immediate backstage interview/ mirror message (looks kind of dark in there, so perhaps they don't turn on all the work room lights,) elim dedrags and leaves for hotel while others hang in the lounge.

Others return, read mirror message, dedrag, write notes, go to hotel. Elim returns to pack, leaves in van at night. And there must be help packing and taking things out, since they all only leave with two cases, and lord knows there is more stuff than that! Remember Courtney Act's wings? Those aren't fitting in a suitcase.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

When the lights went out in the werkroom was anybody else expecting them to come back and have old contestants be waiting there to rejoin the show?

That whole sequence was so odd and ultimately so meaningless.   They could have cut the whole thing.

6 hours ago, Ananayel said:

On other untucked's though, sometimes they would go outside to smoke. And it was daylight, looks like the same outer area. So perhaps the eliminated queen comes back after the others have dedragged and gone to the hotel for the night.

To an extent I wonder if it also depends on when they filmed. If it's December it might be dark outside at 4:30pm. If it's October, that's daylight.