Type keyword(s) to search

The Contestants: Sizzle or Fizzle?

• Start Topic

I’m 2 episodes in and I don’t get the appeal of Harry at all. He wasn’t even remotely attractive. He was so shady for initiating the kiss and then throwing Francesca under the bus.  

Haley from Florida doesn’t know where Australia is located or the language of her back tattoo. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

It always boggles my mind to watch shows like this where these guys actually do well with women talking and acting the way they do. I’m a single guy and I’m pretty sure if I told a woman, “I just want to put it in for a bit” like Harry said to Francesca I’d offend her and she’d never look at me again. These guys talk like grade schoolers yet women go for them?

• Love 5

Do they win $100k as individuals or as a group? That wasn’t clear to me. I know they’re young, but if they’re only competing to $10k pre-taxes that’s not a huge incentive. 

• Love 2

Watching Ep. 4.  Rhonda seems different from the other women, in that she doesn't seem like the casual hook-up type.  

That LA guy is so cheesy and sleazy. 

Poor Kelz! Hilarious that Francesca is totally throwing herself at him.  

David is a really good friend. 

Edited by Sundazed
  • Love 2

I’ve met so many guys like Bryce, and he really is a stereotype of an LA guy. Sadly, he’s right about girls and boats. But when I look at him all I can see is a young, douchey Jim Belushi. Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I've watched every episode of ANTM except the short girls season and I do not remember Matt (Jesus) at all, and yet he was supposedly on "Cycle" 21.

It's all about getting maximum screen time for Harry & Francesca, isn't it?

I swear I've heard the voice of the narrator/host on commercials, but I can't remember which ones. I love her snark. She says what we're all thinking.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

I've watched the first two episodes thus far, and yeah. I don't get why Harry did that, and why the whole house believed him over Francesca. I can tell that most of the other women are jealous of her, so that could be a factor. 

• Love 2

Franchesca looks so much like Francia Raisa that I couldn't really see past it. I think it's silly she defined herself as the most beautiful one there. None of the gals looked enough alike to compare them. I found Chloe to be the most interesting and attractive girl of the group. 

It's a silly show, I'm definitely more like Nicole than anyone else on the show. When Sharron said, "I miss sex, it's like losing a best friend." I laughed so long I had to pause it. It was 30 days, it's just really not that hard. 

I suppose Kelz was the cutest, followed by Jesus for me. The fuccboi (Cori?) in the last few episodes, you know the one with banter, lol... he was sexy but so sucky.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 2

Gah...Harry is not hot in any way. He has a somewhat cute baby face but as his body grew, his face didn’t. And in comparison to the other guys, his body is meh. 
Jesus/Matthew was so douchey in his intro. We get it duuuude, you’re so deep! Deep as a puddle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, Zima said:

I've watched the first two episodes thus far, and yeah. I don't get why Harry did that, and why the whole house believed him over Francesca. I can tell that most of the other women are jealous of her, so that could be a factor. 

I think you nailed it. This show really goes for stereotypes. The guys back Harry because of “bro code” and the girls back Harry because a) they’re jealous of other women and b) want the guys to like them. 

• Love 1

Okay, I watched all of it.  It was decently entertaining.  The rest of this is post is going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery superficial, and obviously all my opinion, so beware.

I thought that Francesca was the most attractive woman, HOWEVER, the more I looked at her, the more plastic surgery I noticed.  First were the boobs, then the lips, then the nose. I wonder what else she's had done, and what she looked like before. 

Rhonda was the second most attractive woman, but her boob job wasn't as good as Francesca's. Also, the reveal that she had a son had me SMH. Like...you're going to leave your two-year-old son so you can go on a trashy ass dating show? Lmaaaooooo.

I liked Chloe's personality a lot (I kept thinking that I would be friends with her IRL), but she was a walking skeleton. Her teeth were yellow too, which is often a sign of bulimia.  

Haley obviously had a huge crush on Francesca, and kept making excuses to make out with her.  "Oh, let's just make out so we can make them all lose money, tee hee!"  Yeah, Okay girl. 

To me, the hottest guy was Kori, but as someone else already said, he was a giant douche. 

Second hottest was a tie between Kels and Harry. Harry's hair is fucking ridiculous, but he has a nice face/smile as well as height/bod. However, he really rubbed me the wrong way when he lied early on.  Kels' heigh/bod/accent are all top notch, and I loved that he didn't cave into Francesca. When he heard about the money, he was all in for the game. I think the Jesus guy is cute too, but he's an absolute imbecile. 

The guy who lived on a boat...I'll just say, "ew". 

Oh yeah, David has a really nice bod and personality, but he is a butterface.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Zima said:

Okay, I watched all of it.  It was decently entertaining.  The rest of this is post is going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery superficial, and obviously all my opinion, so beware.

I thought that Francesca was the most attractive woman, HOWEVER, the more I looked at her, the more plastic surgery I noticed.  First were the boobs, then the lips, then the nose. I wonder what else she's had done, and what she looked like before. 

Rhonda was the second most attractive woman, but her boob job wasn't as good as Francesca's. Also, the reveal that she had a son had me SMH. Like...you're going to leave your two-year-old son so you can go on a trashy ass dating show? Lmaaaooooo.

I liked Chloe's personality a lot (I kept thinking that I would be friends with her IRL), but she was a walking skeleton. Her teeth were yellow too, which is often a sign of bulimia.  

Haley obviously had a huge crush on Francesca, and kept making excuses to make out with her.  "Oh, let's just make out so we can make them all lose money, tee hee!"  Yeah, Okay girl. 

To me, the hottest guy was Kori, but as someone else already said, he was a giant douche. 

Second hottest was a tie between Kels and Harry. Harry's hair is fucking ridiculous, but he has a nice face/smile as well as height/bod. However, he really rubbed me the wrong way when he lied early on.  Kels' heigh/bod/accent are all top notch, and I loved that he didn't cave into Francesca. When he heard about the money, he was all in for the game. I think the Jesus guy is cute too, but he's an absolute imbecile. 

The guy who lived on a boat...I'll just say, "ew". 

Oh yeah, David has a really nice bod and personality, but he is a butterface.

I totally agree about Francesca. She’s beautiful but she has had a lot of work done. Add in the amount of make up she wears, I would guess her to be early to mid 30s. I know she’s only like 20 or 21? She just looks a ton older. That thick layer of make up isn’t doing her favors.

Still, I’m stunned she’s into Harry. I know your mileage may vary, but she looks like a woman and he’s a little boy. I just find him gross and his personality is repulsive. 
All of these people seem to think the three are amazing catches. And I totally agree with you about boat guy. He’s another one who looks about 10 years older than he is, with almost a squishy middle. He’s just not attractive. How he is able to get women? He has to have money. There’s nothing else about him that’s attractive.All of these people seem to think the three are amazing catches. And I totally agree with you about bug guy. He’s another one who looks about 10 years older than he is, with almost a squishy middle. He’s just not attractive. How he is able to get women? He has to have money. There’s nothing else about him that’s attractive.

And I live for shallow. The show is based on that, so nobody here needs to apologize. LOL

If who we are seeing on this show are the real people, they really don’t care about who they sleep with. It’s about numbers for the money and attention for the women. That might be a totally misogynistic thing to say but it’s a tale as old as time.

Edited by The Hound Lives
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, The Hound Lives said:

I totally agree about Francesca. She’s beautiful but she has had a lot of work done. Add in the amount of make up she wears, I would guess her to be early to mid 30s. I know she’s only like 20 or 21? She just looks a ton older. That thick layer of make up isn’t doing her favors.

Still, I’m stunned she’s into Harry. I know your mileage may vary, but she looks like a woman and he’s a little boy. I just find him gross and his personality is repulsive. 
All of these people seem to think the three are amazing catches. And I totally agree with you about boat guy. He’s another one who looks about 10 years older than he is, with almost a squishy middle. He’s just not attractive. How he is able to get women? He has to have money. There’s nothing else about him that’s attractive.All of these people seem to think the three are amazing catches. And I totally agree with you about bug guy. He’s another one who looks about 10 years older than he is, with almost a squishy middle. He’s just not attractive. How he is able to get women? He has to have money. There’s nothing else about him that’s attractive.

And I live for shallow. The show is based on that, so nobody here needs to apologize. LOL

If who we are seeing on this show are the real people, they really don’t care about who they sleep with. It’s about numbers for the money and attention for the women. That might be a totally misogynistic thing to say but it’s a tale as old as time.

I’ve lived in Florida and Texas, if you have a boat, you get women. It’s that simple. I wish it wasn’t, but I see it happen every week. Money wouldn’t hurt, either, but I suspect he lives off Daddy’s money. If he had his own money I doubt he care about the potential of winning 10 grand. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, The Hound Lives said:

I know she’s only like 20 or 21?

She's 26. 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:52 AM, Zima said:

She shares it all in this video. I think she did this because on the Reddit thread about the show, posters there straight hate this woman and are obsessed with finding old high school pictures of her and posting them with the thread title, "Francesca's old face". So guess she figured "fuck it" and decided to own it. She also talks about her relationship with Harry, which yes, like you are all, I am befuddled that this is a thing. 

7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

She's 26. 

She shares it all in this video. I think she did this because on the Reddit thread about the show, posters there straight hate this woman and are obsessed with finding old high school pictures of her and posting them with the thread title, "Francesca's old face". So guess she figured "fuck it" and decided to own it. She also talks about her relationship with Harry, which yes, like you are all, I am befuddled that this is a thing. 

It’s only a thing for the publicity. They can sell more crap as a “successful couple” from the show than two random contestants. Same thing happens with the Bachelor shows and Love Island. 

9 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

It’s only a thing for the publicity. They can sell more crap as a “successful couple” from the show than two random contestants. Same thing happens with the Bachelor shows and Love Island. 

They're definitely playing things up now for the attention and social media followers but they definitely dated for a few months after the show wrapped, without any attention on them, because Netflix hadn't aired the show yet.

Also, both of their social media follower count started growing as soon as the show aired, before they talked about being together. Again, I don't disagree that they're playing shit up for the attention it's getting them but I do think there was some type of post-season relationship. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

They're definitely playing things up now for the attention and social media followers but they definitely dated for a few months after the show wrapped, without any attention on them, because Netflix hadn't aired the show yet.

Also, both of their social media follower count started growing as soon as the show aired, before they talked about being together. Again, I don't disagree that they're playing shit up for the attention it's getting them but I do think there was some type of post-season relationship. 

You could be right. I just don’t trust them. Ever since that last episode (where they were singled out as a couple that could “magically” restore the money they lost by not touching, then ran around the room pretending they were going to have sex even though nobody could see them except the cameras). I wouldn’t be surprised if they were hired as actors to play that role to make sure the season had “drama”. We’re learning nothing about Fran is real, lol. 

• LOL 1

Is anyone watching the new season?  I find the majority of the new cast to be super artificial more so than the last cast.  They all seem like they are playing a role.  However I did binge 3 episodes so I’m not sure what that says about me. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

No idea who else, if anyone, is watching season three. I had so much secondhand embarrassment at Patrick serenading Georgia in E2 that I almost cried. If I'd been in Georgia's shoes, I really don't know what I would have done. 🥺😧

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2022 at 8:45 AM, mirandroid said:

No idea who else, if anyone, is watching season three.

<Waves and jumps up and down> ME!!!! 

I can't see what those girls see in Stevan. I wonder what would happen if the contestants just had one big, blowout orgy on the first night the rules are announced.

ETA: I don't see why the guys are slobbering over Georgia, either.  No accounting for taste, I guess.

ETA 2: Almost to the end. I hope Harry and Beaux are the couple that's still together a year later. I laughed hysterically when the prize pot dropped to 0. Was sad to see Patrick leave. The guy leading the workshops wasn't terribly successful with Nathan up until that last session.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

I wanted them to send Nathan and Holly home too.  But I realized from last season that the big rule breakers are never really punished on this show.  I kept waiting for someone to suggest to Holly that she leave with Nathan if she loved him so much.  Of course then she would be off camera so she would never do that.  

I did not understand the attraction of several of the guys.  Stevan and Gerrie?  Plus why did everyone think Georgia was so perfect?

I did read that since the show has been over that Nathan has not visited Colorado or has Holly visited South Africa.  It is a good guess they are over.  There have been some puppy dog eyes and hearts between Harry and Beaux on social media.  But nobody seems to know if they are still together.  

• Love 4

OK, here we are on Season 4; all the guys are drooling over Kayla and she looks pretty basic to me.

One of these seasons the whole cast should decide to have an orgy and blow through the whole prize fund in one night, since they all bitch about being constantly horny anyway.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I binged the Germany series when I was sick in bed with a cold.  The prize money started at 200 thousand euros.  One couple lost over 100 thousand euros on their own for rule violations.  The show told them they had broke a world record since no other contestants had ever lost that much.  I think there should be a penalty for that and they should kick them out of the villa if they lose too much.  It gets irritating watching them continue to lose more and more money while the others complain about them.  

• Like 1

Yep! And I'm loving the huge fines for messing around. There's always one guy who cares more about the money than getting laid. I wonder if these folks are screened psychologically, and they hire one normal guy and the rest are sex fiends with oppositional defiance disorder. 

I think one season where they're all freaks and decide on an orgy to spend ALL the money at once would be a hoot. But Netflix would never air that one. And maybe it's already happened.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I just watched the next set of episodes.  I like that they are threatening to send home the rule breakers.  In the past they always kept the rule breakers because they brought the drama.  But I would love to see the big rule breakers getting booted.  I knew that Louis and Christine did not break rules in the private suite when they announced they would leave if they had broke rules.  That would be too easy.  Just like we knew that A/E would get their green light and not booted.  But now that they know they can be booted more of them might think twice before rule breaking.  

I do want Christine to find out about Louis grabbing new girl's boobs.  

• Like 3
On 7/24/2023 at 7:47 PM, LakeGal said:

I just watched the next set of episodes.  I like that they are threatening to send home the rule breakers.  In the past they always kept the rule breakers because they brought the drama.  But I would love to see the big rule breakers getting booted.  I knew that Louis and Christine did not break rules in the private suite when they announced they would leave if they had broke rules.  That would be too easy.  Just like we knew that A/E would get their green light and not booted.  But now that they know they can be booted more of them might think twice before rule breaking.  

I do want Christine to find out about Louis grabbing new girl's boobs.  

LOL, yes, I cannot wait until Christine finds out about the boob grab. I feel like she's going to forgive him though. She is sooooo into him. 

On 7/22/2023 at 2:04 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Yep! And I'm loving the huge fines for messing around. There's always one guy who cares more about the money than getting laid. I wonder if these folks are screened psychologically, and they hire one normal guy and the rest are sex fiends with oppositional defiance disorder. 

I think one season where they're all freaks and decide on an orgy to spend ALL the money at once would be a hoot. But Netflix would never air that one. And maybe it's already happened.

I would love to see an all-out orgy omg!

Also, looks like that one guy said EFF IT and is trying to get laid! Hilarious. 

• Like 2

So I've watched the finale for this season.

Spoiler

Did Dre guilt Elys into splitting the money with him? He did a lot of whining in the confessionals about how the money would be life-changing for his family. Then when she gave half to him, I thought I heard him say in his last confessional that he intended to blow all the money on debauchery.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2