Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Speaking of Jack--Has he always been a wimp did or did he turn into one when he married Diane?  I started watching the show in August 22 because the nursing which I had been  in  didn't have ABC so I couldn't watch GH anymore  with the WSB and Sonny shit had me ready to bail so that pushed me over the edge.

And who in their right mind came up with the name Kemo.  Sounds like a cancer drug.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2024 at 5:06 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Dear Billy Abbott;

I have OCD, but my problems are hella more serious than that. I can’t even tell my parents because they’re all up in their feelings. When I was 6, I saw my granddad creep out a window and skitter down a sheer cliff face. He tore ass to the bottom and latched on to a deer like a tick. My uncle took me to Chuck E. Cheese to smooth things over, but wound up throwing hands with some guy over whose cargo shorts had the most pockets. On the ride home, my uncle hit me with a cheesy bread fart that put me in a coma for 3 months. Fast forward. My cousin is actually my brother, my mom is trying to jump off buildings, I have a baby sister until I don’t, and then I lose all my friends at school because my mom made the world’s most ass video game. Seriously man. One kid stuck a dog turd in my Xbox before ghosting me. I’ve started noticing that my uncle’s in house auto mechanic looks a lot like me. It’s sus, but I can’t quite say why. My mom is dating a dude who looks like a bunch of bendy straws smooshed together. I hate being a Newman.

Obsessive Connor Disorder

Dear Connor;

That is a lot to process, buddy. There are no shortcuts here; you got to buckle down and learn some coping skills fast. Being a Newman means bullshit geysers erupt at your feet when you least expect it, relatives pop out of the woodwork and sometimes you find a feral Brussels sprouts golem leashed in a sub basement. You could share your emotional trials with your mother, but I suspect she’s disappeared up her own ass in order to get a stronger whiff of her own redolent flatulence. Or maybe she’s holed up in some grim hotel room with her ex, dodging my attempts to visit while they navel gaze together about their parental feels. It’s all about them, after all. That’s okay though. I’ve been rizzing up my business partner and a smoking hot redhead. I got options. You, otoh, must learn some coping mechanisms. There’s still a lot of revelations to come, say, for example, about your optical health. You didn’t hear that from me.

Dear Billy Abbott;

I am big mad. I went to work yesterday and my mother handed me a pink slip! She’s so bad at business that my slip was white! Probably not even legal, but oh fucking well. She claimed I was insubordinate, condescending and devious, like she even knows what those big words mean. Did I draw dicks all over a power point presentation for a significant supplier? You’re damn right I did. That shit is funny, bro. My mom is a humorless battle axe whose idea of a prank is pretending to be deceased throughout her son’s formative years. I don’t have an attitude problem when people don’t thwart my rightful ascendancy to the Jabot throne. Even my dad is throwing shade at me! I’m going to crush it at Glissade, especially once I find a way to shank my new co-CEO, another lady who thinks she can play with the big dogs. Don’t give me your crap advice, just bow down and pay homage.

Kyle, He Who Smirks Last Smirks Best

Dear Kyle,

Oh, to have the unearned confidence of a nepo-nipple, trust fund bouffant baby! Hold on, I’m being told that I just described myself. Whatever, Johnny. Hey, Jabot may be a family company, but that’s not the same thing as a hereditary monarchy, Little Lord Pompleroy. Real talk - your issue seems to be suppressed fury at your mother for abandoning you and perhaps even at your father for forgiving her so readily. Instead of dealing with that, though, please continue to blaze your way through one corporate job after another, treating every woman with authority you meet like a duplicitous snake. Strut around with smug swagger (your dumb ass couldn’t market orgasms!) until someone doesn’t hand you what you think the world owes you, then shoot your pompadour quills all over the place during your usual temper tantrum. I’ve been in your floppy red shoes, well, except for the part where you get fired by your mom. LOL! Actually, never change. You amuse me.

Dear Billy Abbott;

Did you slip your phone number into my clutch while we were having coffee the other day? I went to pull a business card out and found a piece of stationary from a niche cheese shop that specializes in erotic, edible sculptures with some digits scribbled on it. I’m not really into white cheddar. Sorry.

Sally (Don’t ever gamble on red)

Dear Sally;

Oh, excuse the hell out of me. I heard that you had a tawdry sexcapade with the Newman gorilla, so I figured  your standards were flexible. Keep those digits handy though; you’ll find it surprisingly hurtful to discover that your partner copes with his kid’s crisis by stumbling dick first into his ex. Call me.

Dear Billy Abbott;

So… after spending an afternoon with my ex, the previous step on the human evolutionary ladder, I realized how much time I wasted on a sorry sack of small dick energy. I also felt a chill of fear that I might get back together with him. I was going to get a different medication from my doctor, but I ran into Cole, who offered me a gummy bear. That bear changed everything. I felt like liquid flowing through the many planes of existence. I could taste color! (Blue, oddly enough, tastes like a cantina chip). Soon, I discovered a whole new world of medication with lovely names like rainbow kush, afterglow, northern lights, ice cream cake… where was I? Oh yes. I’m in a much better mood, but I’m also high as balls. My daughter is suspicious and Genoa City isn’t a bastion of open-mindedness. Should I go back to more mundane methods of stress relief?

Sharon, Hooked on Chronic

Dear Sharon;

Hey, I’m a live and let live kind of guy. I’ve hit a wide array of substances while chasing an adrenaline rush. If you’re zoning out of conversations with family or not getting work done, maybe play in the grass strictly on weekends. I sometimes blaze one up after I finish a column just to get everyone’s major malfunctions off me. If you’re ever feeling overwhelmed, I’m out of the weed business but have other methods of relaxation in my bag of tricks. I believe you’re familiar with my techniques. Good luck!

Another winner 😆

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 6/28/2024 at 5:21 PM, Waldo13 said:

I had to laugh at the interchange between Lucy and Faith. As a young lady, in HS, Lucy has a typical grandiose view of college life but Faith gives Lucy a dose of reality being it’s not all fun and games.  Faith, you left out the part that Adam brought you to the hospital after crashing the truck so in essence he saved your life twice within a few days. 

Kyle wasn’t a team player?  The way I see it is that Kyle was trying to do what was the best for Jabot and mommy dearest took it as a sign of insubordination.  Even the best CEO needs some help now and then.  As CFO, I’ve corrected the errors of the CEO many times and have been thanked for it. 

Next week - Adam and Chelsea seemed to be hooking up. Please say it isn’t so and it only goes as far as a kiss. 

Poor Faith having to hang out with Lucy. What would she have in common with a girl who just started high school and she kept on asking her cringy and inappropriate questions. Shouldn’t someone tell Lucy, there’s actually someone her age to hang out with, Johnny? It would have made more sense for Faith to hang out with her new cousin , Claire. After all, her sister Mariah , (of course not Summer) likes her. 

Kyle, Diane and Jack were all wrong. She shouldn’t just acted unilaterally and fired Kyle. Possibly he may deserve it, I don’t know because they never actually show what Kyle and Diane do at work, as OP said here, so it’s only their word of what they say we have to base it on. I think she should have sucked it up until Jack returned and said if you don’t help me deal with this, I quit. I thought about this more , even if she was 100% right to fire Kyle, it was not a good look for her. I still attest to the fact that it’s mostly Jack’s fault to sweep this under the rug to focus his time on Nikki instead of the family. And Diane is to blame for the way her son is, so maybe she should have insisted Kyle have the job a lot earlier on, despite what both Jack and Kyle said because it ended up backfiring on her. Kyle does deserve to be brought down a notch, but maybe a different way? Not sure how though.

I agree with OP who said current Adam and Chelsea have no chemistry. I think she did with Michael Muhney. Maybe Justin too, but I thought that was weird, maybe it’s just me, but he used to be married to the actress who plays Chelsea’s old best friend. I’m not sure if they are friends anymore. Anyhow Adam definitely has more chemistry with Sally, so they shouldn’t try to mess that up again. 

22 hours ago, boes said:

It's so seldom that a person's face actually reflects their inner selves, but Kyle really is a buttface.

giphy.gif

There's no doubt that he's an Abbott, however, since he looks almost exactly like his Uncle Beely.  

Kyle also proves the point that you should always have more than one kid, just in case one turns out to be an actual, working anus.  Kyle is eminently qualified to work at Newman, though.  He'll fit right in so well they'll need to expand the executive washroom.

If only Lola would return for one episode and punch him in the nuts.  Anything to wipe that smirk off his face and make his bouffant collapse.  

It's the right thing to do, Jack.

An Allie mention?!  Could she be returning, possibly?  So much that could have been done with this character, though pretty much none of it was even tried.  Hopefully she's dumped Emo Noah by now and found herself a real boy.

Sharon's problem is staring Mariah and Tessa right in their faces.  Literally staring.  Cuz she can't blink.  Or speak.  Or move her head.  If they need more help, it rhymes with "Dotox overdose".  

ETA - Every time I hear Sharon mention her company, "Cassidy First", what comes immediately to mind is Hopalong Cassidy and his sidekick, Gabby Hayes.

Now that man could have used some botox.

Too funny especially the stuff about Kyle, Lola and Billy. Now I find when they keep on mentioning a character, they usually return. And the issue with Sharon may make Noah return. He’s kind of meh but I liked Allie.

22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sharon sitting on the couch totally spaced out. Right there with ya, Sharon. 😉

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back, Diane. There were plenty of options other than firing Kyle. That solution only benefited you.

Sounded like Lucy wants to be a party girl. Meanwhile, Faith said she doesn't drink anymore. Faith better not get in a car with Daniel's daughter. Just sayin.' <RIP Cassie>

Kyle basically told Audra he sees the two of them as birds of a feather. He's trying way hard to convince himself he's not making a huge mistake by agreeing to be her co-CEO. Good luck with that, Bouffant Boy.

Oh hey, it's Chloe. 🙄

Audra, feel free to stop crowing about what you did to Tucker. Nobody is as impressed as you are.

Diane still doing a hard sell on Jack regarding her status at Jabot. Gotta make sure she keeps him firmly under her thumb, especially with Kyle out of the way.

At least Kyle had the sense to question Victor's motives. Meanwhile, Audra claimed her business acumen was widely known so of course Victor wanted her to help run Glissade. Yoda says, "The delusion is strong in this one."

I was amazed at how patient Faith was with Lucy. Especially after the way Lucy keeps bringing up dark moments in Faith's life. A less gracious person might've reminded Lucy about the sordid histories of her biological mommy and grandmommy.

Whoa, Summer did not like seeing Kyle with Audra. She reacted like she'd just stepped in a fresh mound of cow poop.

Summer all but laughed in Chloe's yammering face. Loved how she pointed out Chloe's try-hard, suck-up Marchetti outfit.

Another mention of Allie! It makes sense that Jabot would have Allie step into Ashley's position as lead chemist temporarily. Maybe the actress is being brought back.

Summer's outfit. Guess denim pantsuits are in style again. I didn't hate it though.

The way Sharon kept moving in and out of the present moment was weird. Smart of her to contact her doctor about her new bipolar medication.

AFAIC, Diane is vile. Kyle doesn't belong at his own family's company? I can't with Jack consigning Diane's relentless backstabbing of their son.

Re the previews: Chelsea & Adam comfort sex at the NoTell Hotel? Whee, messiness! Sorry, Sally and Billy.

I was laughing out loud too at Summer’s reaction when Audra dissed her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Speaking of Jack--Has he always been a wimp did or did he turn into one when he married Diane?  I started watching the show in August 22 because the nursing which I had been  in  didn't have ABC so I couldn't watch GH anymore  with the WSB and Sonny shit had me ready to bail so that pushed me over the edge.

And who in their right mind came up with the name Kemo.  Sounds like a cancer drug.

Jack has been acting like such an idiot lately, agreed. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2024 at 6:13 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

He's forcing Kyle (the idiot) to work with her -  Any guesses as to what's the plan, Stan?

My guess is that TGVIN's plan is to keep playing Kyle as long as he proves useful in destroying Jack, but that he's destined for the ash heap once his usefulness is spent.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
On 6/27/2024 at 9:58 PM, realitytvfan1017 said:

It’s interesting how both Kyle and Audra are acting based on emotion, which is funny coming from Audra who claims  she doesn’t.

Lol I think she's the only one who believes that though. If she was as smart as she thinks she is, she would just start her own company instead of trying to constantly usurp someone else's. For the record Audra, you didn't do shit against Tucker except betray him. Victor and his plot-amor endless money actually did the hard work. I have to wonder though, if Victor's teflon coating will extend to Audra through all of this because she should be out already but she's not. Either way, I could do without her bragging about beating Tucker. Kyle gassing her up knowing she doesn't trust him is corny too. 

I know that Victor won't lose but I'll settle for his two willing puppets at the moment taking a major L. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Count me out of a Chadam reunion as well. Even if the actors could sell it(I doubt it and that's no shade to MG or even MCE) there's no draw or spark between them. Even less than he has with Sally currently. Chelsea tried getting Adam's attention when he & Sally first started linking up and he wasn't intrested. Adam had a whole year to get with Chelsea when Sally was fucking Nick and he didn't do it then. So Connor having OCD is the thing that (temporarily) reunites them? It's out of nowhere....Since this whole thing started Chelsea has been whinging about Adam's reactions to it and bitching about them with Billy. I care less about what hooking up will do to Sally/Billy and more about what it'll do to Adam and his character. I can see it now, everyone is gonna say he took advantage of the situation and of Chelsea. 

For all of Adam's flaws, I never took him for a cheater. That's usually been his sibling's hat trick, especially his brother's. 

Y&R Twitter has been clamoring for Sharon's return for a while now and under this current writing regime, I have no idea why. I have nothing against Sharon or the actress(though she's certainly not what she used to be) but I don't want to see her act out a poorly written, poorly thought out mental illness storyline. It's bad enough with Connor & Ashley but at least they, and the other people involved in those stories can still emote properly....even if they take it too far, i.e. everyone reacting to OCD like it's leukemia. For better or worse in health related SL, I'd take that extreme over the other. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

It's funny how Audra really thinks that she'll be running Glissade - the only one running Glissade will be the owner, and that ain't you, Audra, it's Victor, meaning that you'll dance to his tune and carry out his orders, and he won't give a rat's ass about your vision for the company.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 9:27 AM, boes said:

I kinda loved it yesterday when, after their heated exchange, Lily kicked Devon and Nate out of her office.  I couldn't help but wonder where in hell they would go.

I was expecting them to ask Lily for the key to the men's room down the hall.

Edited by Denize
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Abby and Traci's whole conversation about why no one told Abby about Ashley's mental break annoyed me. So what if Ashley didn't want Abby to know? AFAIC she should've been told, well before Ashley ended up checking herself into a mental hospital in another country.

Alan offering Traci an expensive gift. Ehh. As long as he's going that route though, the scarf better have been from Hermès.

Geez, Billy! You might as well take an ad out and let the whole world know about Jill's illness. If Jill had wanted to share the secret with Devon she would've told him herself.

William. Not only are you stupid, you assume Lily, Devon, and your mommy are too. Nah, Jill may have cardiac troubles but her brain is clearIy working fine. She saw right through your "Abbott-Chancellor" ploy and refused to back you up.

Weird how instead of wearing the scarf Alan gave her, Traci sat clutching it to her bosom for dear life.

Hey Summer, news flash: you've never had a child either. IMO you sounded like a fool trying to lord your "motherhood" over Claire.

Billy throwing condescending attitude at Devon at the board meeting. I don't know how Devon managed not to punch his uncle-in-law in the junk.

Smart of Alan to stick to non-verifiable anecdotes depicting his relationship with his twin brother. It made Traci feel like she was getting special inside scoop. And Alan didn't tell her any facts she could later prove were untrue.

Claire excused herself to go make snacks for Harrison. Huh, I thought that was Mrs. Martinez's job.

Billy was lowkey kinda rude to Jill when it was clear she was losing the demerger decision. Lol, I think she should've just declared that as CEO she gets five votes.

🎶Traci & Alan, sittin' in a tree. K-i-s-s, i-n-g.🎶 I was nervously happy for Traci. He better not be Martin.

Whatever with your custody battle threat, Summer. I have a feeling you'll soon find out you have no legal standing in Harrison's life at all. Free Tara!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2024 at 8:26 AM, Skarzero said:

Lol I think she's the only one who believes that though. If she was as smart as she thinks she is, she would just start her own company instead of trying to constantly usurp someone else's. For the record Audra, you didn't do shit against Tucker except betray him. Victor and his plot-amor endless money actually did the hard work. I have to wonder though, if Victor's teflon coating will extend to Audra through all of this because she should be out already but she's not. Either way, I could do without her bragging about beating Tucker. Kyle gassing her up knowing she doesn't trust him is corny too. 

I know that Victor won't lose but I'll settle for his two willing puppets at the moment taking a major L. 

Yes if Victor doesn’t lose and that’s probably very likely, a small consolation would be to see what plans Victor has for those two idiots. 

On 6/30/2024 at 12:08 PM, MollyB said:

Me, too, as it would leave Billy freed up to either pair up with Lily or Sally.  I really don't want to see Lily with him again, especially since she seems to be close with Devon and Nate and also seems competent to run the company all by herself.  Billy's agenda is going to fcuk that up, so why mess with her personal life as well?  And Sally?  There is absolutely nothing, no chemistry, nothing about the two of them together that suggests a pairing.  (Unless it is revenge on Chadam.)

I think what will happen is Chadam will have a one-nighter in the harborview-less room and then we will be witness to all the ways they try to hide it from their SOs.  Chelz will tearfully spill to whomever will listen how guilty she feels and Adam will be wracked with guilt.  And it could go on for weeks.........🤮

Not looking forward to any of it. 😕

• Like 7

Bill👃 tells Lily that her would never betray her. Doesn’t he mean he will never betray her again as he’s done many times in the past?  The truth will out. Billy👃wants this separation of companies more than Jill wants. Jill will not backstab ME. Jill knows how important it is to Billy👃 PERSONALLY and PROFESSIONALLY.  What a putz. 

No Summer❄️x5, Claire/Eve is not an expert but you think you are.  

As usual, Abby makes it all about herself. Should I start putting a ❄️ after her name?  Ashley had an opportunity to call Abby before she went to the clinic, so blame your mom not everyone else. 

I have to say, Jill looks darn good for someone with a heart condition.  Her complexion is good, her voice is strong, eyes clear, and her breathing is good or she would have an oxygen tube in her nose.  

Jill, the company I built?  No Jill, Katherine built the company, you were the custodian that didn’t fuck it up. 

Again and again the monkeys with a keyboard keep bringing up Harrison’s custody agreement. Again I have to bring up that Summer❄️x5 doesn’t have a legal leg to stand on. Even as Harrison’s step- mother, Summer❄️x5 has no legal rights to Harrison’s custody unless she adopted him. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Again and again the monkeys with a keyboard keep bringing up Harrison’s custody agreement. Again I have to bring up that Summer❄️x5 doesn’t have a legal leg to stand on. Even as Harrison’s step- mother, Summer❄️x5 has no legal rights to Harrison’s custody unless she adopted him. 

When Kyle said something like "Do you really want to go there?," I was hoping/expecting him to say "you know you have no legal right to him, right?" Instead he just says how hard it would be on Harrison.  What a wimp. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

From Y&R Wikipedia:

Traci gave birth to Colleen Carlton in 1992. Colleen's birth did not help Brad and Traci's failing marriage, and they divorced later that year. Traci's publisher, Steve Connelly, moved to Genoa City, and the two soon began a romance. Brad became jealous, but he realized that Traci was truly happy. Then, Traci moved to New York City with Colleen, where she married Steve in 1993. In 2001, Traci came home after she learned that Steve cheated on her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
(edited)

If Summer is granted some measure of custody, will Harrison get his own room at the GCAC, or will he sleep on the sofa in her room?

I don't even understand the point of the de-coupling of CW and I've lost track of whether Lily and Devon are fake fighting or real fighting.

Before, I had dismissed the notion that Alan was Martin.  Now I'm not so sure.  He keeps taking Tracy to Martin's favorite bar, he mentioned that they used to switch places and fool everyone except their mother, and he said that Martin may have been a sociopath, but he was a personable sociopath.  I hope he's not Martin because that would be such a crappy thing to do to Tracy.  Maybe a better story would be that Tracy's writer's imagination kicks in and she starts to suspect that Alan is Martin, sort of a take on that great Hitchcock movie Suspicion. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

poor Traci's lips haven't had much hot action since Brad was prancing around the Abbott pool in a skimpy speedo

Traci had some kind of weird flirtation with Cane (Lily's ex-husband) and he kissed her. The actor who played Cane was unprofessional about it on social media though. (On the day the episode with the kiss was broadcast, he made it clear to his followers he didn't want to do the scene.)

• Like 2
  • Angry 10

So Jess Walton is in the beginning credits -- does that mean more Jill?  OK by me cuz she can run rings around this young dumb crew -- and I mean ALL of 'em.  She has Devon's number, as well as Billy's.  Nobody takes Mamie seriously (and with good reason), but Jill is another story . . .

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She saw right through your "Abbott-Chancellor" ploy and refused to back you up.

My still sleepy eyes real that as Abbot and Costell.

Loves Abbys  dress.  I'd wear it if I didn't have bat wings..

I'm still on the fence about Allan?Martin.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Loves Ashleys dress.

Did you mean this dress Abby had on:

spacer.png

I liked it too and thought about getting it until I found out how much it costs. The lowest price I found was just short of $300 and it is not worth that much. The fabric is basically gauze.

12 hours ago, boes said:

I'm going to have an absolute tantrum if Alan isn't Alan. 

Meh, I don't care so much because JG is being too obvious about trying to create a big mystery of it.

The only thing that would get me bothered is if Traci gets physically intimate with Alan before finding out he's actually Martin. AFAIC Y&R does not need to depict another sexual assault based on lack of mutual fully-informed consent. The show almost went there with Ashley and Martin and that was enough of that crap.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Well well well, if my prophesy comes true about Alive Alan really being Dead Martin, do I win a prize? Inquiring minds and all that.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
39 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Well well well, if my prophesy comes true about Alive Alan really being Dead Martin, do I win a prize? Inquiring minds and all that.

You sure do!!  You'll  be the CEO!  Pick a company, any company.....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)
30 minutes ago, boes said:
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

You sure do!!  You'll  be the CEO!  Pick a company, any company.....

Ooo, well in that case boes, I should very much like to create a NEW company within the hallowed corporate maverick hallways of Genoa City, WI! I shall call it:  Glibot & Chanceman Industries. I'm merging Glisade, Jabot, Chancellor Industries, and Newman into one super conGLOMerate that makes absofuckinglutely nothing useful, and only exists to provide a stage for priviledged asshats to bicker and strut over who is more smarter, more better, more assholish. Et voila et behold!

ETA: And did I mention that I shall install 5 CEOs, just for shits and giggles! One each from Glisade, Jabot, Chancellor, and Newman, with Monsieur Nostrils Abbott for good measure. And Mop aint one of em! She's out!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Smart of Alan to stick to non-verifiable anecdotes depicting his relationship with his twin brother. It made Traci feel like she was getting special inside scoop. And Alan didn't tell her any facts she could later prove were untrue.

Congrats for picking up on that, Joimiaroxeu - could this be a live Martin masquerading as a dead Alan, or could it be an Alan who is, in his own way, just as screwed up as his brother - could long suffering Traci be in store for yet more heartbreak?

Audra, Audra, Audra - you did not take Glissade away from Tucker, Victor's money did, and Victor is the boss, not you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

My suggestion for the show is that it focus less on improbable situations and the sparkle and glamor of the super wealthy, and more on character-driven storylines with characters and situations that resonate with viewers.

I've never been particularly interested in GH, but I watched the show the other day just to check out the number of sets they use, and I counted six different sets in the opening sequence alone.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Nobody takes Mamie seriously

I have to ask why the character is being written that way - ever get the feeling that no one's running the ship when it comes to character development on this show - maybe the lone writer for the show shouldn't also be its sole executive producer.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

This whole thing about Victor wanting Michael to become friends with Diane…when did he stop being friends with her? I mean he was her ONLY friend when she came back to town. Billy was nice to her but kept his distance. Then today at the coffee shop, Victor walks in with that stupid “Ah…my plan is working!” smirk and I’m like what plan? They have always been friends! Victor, you are a doofus.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Ooo, well in that case boes, I should very much like to create a NEW company within the hallowed corporate maverick hallways of Genoa City, WI! I shall call it:  Glibot & Chanceman Industries. I'm merging Glisade, Jabot, Chancellor Industries, and Newman into one super conGLOMerate that makes absofuckinglutely nothing useful, and only exists to provide a stage for priviledged asshats to bicker and strut over who is more smarter, more better, more assholish. Et voila et behold!

ETA: And did I mention that I shall install 5 CEOs, just for shits and giggles! One each from Glisade, Jabot, Chancellor, and Newman, with Monsieur Nostrils Abbott for good measure. And Mop aint one of em! She's out!

That would be awesome!! And you can have the CEO du jour on the phone discussing "mergers, earnings reports, and board meetings." The intrigue!! o

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Abby and Traci's whole conversation about why no one told Abby about Ashley's mental break annoyed me because Tucker told her and Abby saw loopy Ashley with her own eyes at the jazz lounge.  If she truly cared about her mother, Abby should have kept in touch with her and not blamed her aunt & uncles for her own blindness.

• Like 10
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Not sure why Diane acted so shocked to hear Kyle might've gone to work for Victor. He's done it before.

A business meeting in Chancellor Park. If Victor wants to keep his involvement in Glissade a secret, having a confab about it in a public park made no sense to me.

I see you, Claire, lowkey trying to sic your mommy on Summer wrt the impending custody battle over Harrison. Vikki was right though; Claire should stay out of it but oops, too late now.

Sorry, Nikki, you've moved down on the list of Jack's problems with his wife.

Yay, Michael was honest with Diane about VIctor's bizarre loyalty tests for him and Cole. She was quickly able to realize Jack was Victor's true target.

Why did Victor shake Kyle's hand but not Audra's? He did it twice and she just stood there like it was no big deal. MISOGYNY NOT FTW.

And then Kyle had a tête-à-tête with Claire in the middle of Society. Where Summer could walk in at any time. Huh?

OMG, Victoria! Claire is a grown@$$ woman, not a child! You can't run her life or chose who she hangs out with. Seek therapy, you loon.

Whee, GC's master harbinger of doom walked into the coffeehouse and straight proceeded to climb up Diane's hiney. Victor read her like a set of IKEA instructions for building a combination sofa/bunk bed, written in Sanskrit translated from Swedish. Hard.

Claire, if you don't drink that means you don't take sips here and there to be sociable. Not cute. Bouffant Boy was certainly impressed though.

TMW you're trying to sneak into your home undetected, and right off the bat the person you're backstabbing with his archenemy confronts you. Kyle, you might want find a nice nearby volcano you can fall into.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Dear Billy Abbott;

I’m hoping it’s not too late to give my child up for adoption. Four plus decades is a long time to wrestle with such a decision, but I have looked both deep in my heart and into the damp depths of the nasal abyss and found my answers. This twit has gots to find a new mommy to put up with his Jardiance commercial of a personality. He’s insufferable, pumped full of unearned swagger and a complete and utter wrecking ball when given a taste of power. He disrespects my wishes and blabs my private medical information all over town. I never told a soul about his Boneless Underweight Tush Syndrome diagnosis, and this is how he repays me? Whatever.

Jill FOSTER Abbott (Not being a dick is also a nice tribute)

Dear Jill;

Don’t hate - appreciate. Embrace your son’s freewheeling, devil may care attitude instead of trying to hide his radiant light under a dirty old tarp. Be proud that he’s a go-getter who seizes the day, then seizes his mighty dick to tell his opponents to suck it. He doesn’t just mow obstacles down, he lights the grass on fire and salts the earth so no rivals may grow. Yeah, most parents would beam with pride at seeing their child confidently force life to give him a reach around, but you apparently have impossible standards. When your son takes the reins of the company he named after himself and drives it to the pinnacle of success with bold investments in, say, nude cheese monger shop franchises, you’ll see how wrong you’ve been. Also, Devon is a poopy head and if this goes wrong, it’s his fault. Haha!

Dear Billy Abbott;

I am mother, hear me roar. My ex-husband (who I don’t give a damn about anymore, so don’t even) is dating sluts and whores and hiring loony tunes to watch our son. The nanny, a titless wonder, does NOT apply the carefully measured, prepared modules of sunscreen to my son’s skin in an even manner as seen in Chart 36b (see attachment). But my real issue is the doorknob licking, crayon eating fool I used to be married to. He’s working with an evil temptress because his mom fired him. I will not have a thirst trap in silky wrappings flaunting her goods and absence of morals near my precious child. I am going to file for sole custody of our son before my ex drags him down into a pit of debauchery and nympho nannies. Surely you will testify on my behalf knowing what a putz your nephew is.

Summer, Learning Parenting from the Best

Dear Summer;

First I have to weigh which side will generate the most lulz for me. Some men just want to watch the world burn, and I gotta tell you, Kyle has been lighting it up lately. He got fired by his mom, LOL! Like, holy fucksticks… I mess shit up like it’s an involuntary bodily function and my mother won’t cashier my ass. Putz is too kind a word for that corncob. But, uh, slow your roll on the custody thing, princess, because you don’t have a leg to stand on. You don’t even have a toe. Your love and devotion for Harrison is your only redeeming quality, but his legal mother is alive. Just because you can’t stand to watch some other woman climb your ex’s pompadour like a tree doesn’t mean you get to take his kid. I get it; once you go Abbott you can’t break the habit. Pull yourself together. I’m so thankful to be in a committed relationship where I never feel threatened. I’d say good luck, but I honestly don’t give a shit.

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 10

What a waste of 40 min. The only thing that came out of today’s episode is that Victoria needs to get a life. In a way, Victoria wants to control Claire/Eve’s life much like Auntie Jordan. 

Victoria now wants to hear every detail about her date with Kyle. If I was Claire/Eve I would tell Victoria that me and Kyle had sex in Society’s Men’s Room. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

A Brief Recap - Hate and discontent

Michael warns Diane that Victor is about to get back on his long dead anti-Jack hobby horse after reanimating it via the dark arts. Michael thinks he’ll need to save Victor from himself again, because how on earth would an immortal billionaire pick himself up and dust himself off after being forced to face the consequences of his own actions?

Claire declines an evening with her parents so that she might bask in the presence of the Genoa City bouffant. Victoria warns her about getting involved with her boss, which would have been solid advice for Nate. Claire’s like… la la la, I don’t care. Victoria blows the whole thing out of proportion, fretting and worrying while Cole sips his tea in a leisurely manner like Kermit the Frog.

Jack and Nikki express each other’s anal glands over coffee. Nikki pretends to give a shit while focusing all her willpower on not laughing her ass off about Kyle getting fired by his mother. Sorry, that was actually me. It’s amazing how non-embarrassed Kyle is. Anyhoo, Nikki and Jack rehash the same old bullshit about pill night.

Another high powered business meeting with zero substance takes place in the park. Really, it’s just Victor holding court in the phone booth sized park, pumping Kyle’s tires while Audra tries to prevent her co-CEO from floating away with his overinflated balloon head.

Kyle takes his smirk to dinner with Claire, where he deeply impresses her with his tale of getting fired by his mother. One man’s humiliating pink slip is another man’s fffffrrrrrreeeeeeedommmmmm, and Kyle deludes himself into believing he’s experiencing liberation instead of getting shitcanned over his prick behavior. Claire doesn’t toast with champagne, as her crazy aunt forbid drinking. I guess we’re supposed to find this poignant somehow.

Victor takes his silver shit-stirring spoon to Michael and Diane. First he tries to smooth the BM batter by being insincerely concerned about Diane’s family, but then really gets to cranking his utensil through the poop soup by being a crass, insulting oaf who knows a bit too much about Kyle’s career status. Subtlety is a lost art and Victor certainly hasn’t found it. After dismissing Diane, Victor orders Michael to the ranch.

Jack and Diane meet back at home and exchange notes. Kyle soon struts in, unaware his father is planning to grill him in his own pompadour mousse. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Yeah, a weekend in one of those dreary rooms in the GCAC?  Or better yet, in Vic's basement prison?  Vic will provide the brussel sprouts!  I'd win that prize too, but I'll defer to you, surf, thanks . . . 

ScoobieDoobs, don't you worry, there's enough CEO jobs to go around.  You could also be a CFO or a COO if you want.  We've got you all covered!

• LOL 12
44 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

That ought to be the company's logo on every [product!

One Tough Cookie....your comment should have at least three emojis:  Fire, applause and laughter.  At least. It was hard to decide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

So I was away for a week and just caught up on show. Didn’t Lily pay Phyllis MILLIONS for the Grand Phoenix? Like at least $100 million? She was able to pay Nick back the $50 mil he lent her and still have a tidy nest egg, so why is she now whining to him that she’s desperately trying to keep a roof over her head and NEEDS a job?

does anyone else think the doctors are lying through their teeth about Connor? Every time he comes back happy after seeing his parents, the doctors say he had a relapse and tried to hurt himself. 🤔 speaking ot that situation, Adam and Chelsea are gonna fuck aren’t they? So much for his great love for Sally and hers for Billy 🙄

at least Sharon is being proactive and calling the doctor about her new meds, so that’s a plus.

Jack is 100% right: Kyle has a LOT of maturing to do.  He’s pissed at his parents because he got called on his sabotage of his mother, and runs to Victor with the intention of crushing Jabot. IOW he’s throwing a giant temper tantrum. Speaking of Kyle, by what right does Summer think she can change the custody agreement? I get that she helped raise Harrison for the last 3 years, but she is NOT a his biological or adoptive mother. I really wish Kyle told her that after laughing in her face. And of course he had dinner with Claire (who of course doesn’t drink because she’s pure of heart and it can cloud your judgment) and is totally going to fuck her sooner rather than later. He really is too stupid for words. 

Im glad Michael came clean to Diane and is trying to figure out what Victor is up to. Jack needs someone on his side to hopefully give him a leg up on Victor’s newest plan to get back at Jack for any and all perceived slights.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

So I guess Show regretted dropping the Rebellious Kyle storyline a few months back? Because we seem to be right back at square one with it. Yes, Kyle, insubordination and undermining your boss will get you fired every time. If your boss wasn't your mother, it would have happened long before. 

So now we're exactly where we were before, except this time it's with Victor instead of Tucker.

And I'm just as bored this time around.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4

Funny story…after the debate, EB went off on Twitter about how Biden should step aside. Someone asked how he’d feel if Sony/CBS told him to step aside and make room for a younger man? He railed at the poster that he’d be fired in a heartbeat if he couldn’t remember his lines. I decided to stay out of that fray but thought you’d all appreciate it 🤣

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Funny story…after the debate, EB went off on Twitter about how Biden should step aside. Someone asked how he’d feel if Sony/CBS told him to step aside and make room for a younger man? He railed at the poster that he’d be fired in a heartbeat if he couldn’t remember his lines. I decided to stay out of that fray but thought you’d all appreciate it 🤣

I saw that. He called the poster stupid as well. Lost respect for him at that moment. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, pvandal said:

I saw that. He called the poster stupid as well. Lost respect for him at that moment. 

I think a lot of people did. He still has his sycophants but there were more who called him out on his remarks. I don’t think he expected that and lashed out.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

So Billy isn’t as dumb as he looks. It didn’t take him long to figure out Lily’s game plan. Can she convince him otherwise? Does she really even WANT to join Devon anymore after what he said to her? Do we really care?

way to burn ALL your bridges Kyle. You really think Glissade is going to crush Jabot under your leadership ? Let’s see how long it takes Victor to fire your sorry ass this time. Then you can have the dubious honor of being fired by your mother AND your self-proclaimed mentor. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

ily pay Phyllis MILLIONS for the Grand Phoenix? Like at least $100 million? She was able to pay Nick back the $50 mil he lent her and still have a tidy nest egg, so why is she now whining to him that she’s desperately trying to keep a roof over her head and NEEDS a job?

She blew all her money on spray tans?

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Claire hesitantly taking teensy-weensy sips of booze, but saying she never drinks cuz Jordan wouldn't let her?  I'm seeing the next Drinki!  It's in her blood after all (I'm sure in the writers' dopey minds), right? 

Isn't it interesting how we just found out were just reminded Faith doesn't drink either. Maybe cousins  Faith and Claire will hang out together and not drink. 🙄

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Didn’t Lily pay Phyllis MILLIONS for the Grand Phoenix? Like at least $100 million? She was able to pay Nick back the $50 mil he lent her and still have a tidy nest egg, so why is she now whining to him that she’s desperately trying to keep a roof over her head and NEEDS a job?

Phyllis loves to be overdramatic. Didn't she have to give a chunk of money to Jeremy Stark when she tried to fake her own death? I don't think she got it back. She later blackmailed Tucker to the tune of a few million for not exposing one or two of his schemes and I think maybe she's been living off that money. Meanwhile, residing in a hotel can't be cheap, even in GC.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10
12 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Isn't it interesting how we just found out Faith doesn't drink either

We’ve known that since her kidney transplant. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:
On 7/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, surfgirl said:

Yeah, a weekend in one of those dreary rooms in the GCAC?  Or better yet, in Vic's basement prison?  Vic will provide the brussel sprouts!  I'd win that prize too, but I'll defer to you, surf, thanks . . . 

Well when you put it that way Scoobs, I can call you Scoobs yes?, I will bounce it back to you! I much prefer @boes prize of corporate domination, please and thank you sir may I have another! #yougotthat

• LOL 6
(edited)

Audra is so fill of herself that her chest has increased from a D to a Double D.  Her head hardly fits through the doorway.  It’s hard to believe that Audra is more full of herself than Summer❄️X5.  And there is Billy.  Should I say more. Chance mentions blind ambition. That something Audra and Billy also have in common. 

Audra, Tucker is the master of manipulation?  Next to Victor, Tucker is a rookie. 

Same old shit.  Chance and SummerX5 are having a private conversation about confidential business activities and the are two people sitting right behind them trying not to listen. Billy offered Chance the COO position but did he ask for Lily’s opinion?  Of course not. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4