Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh - here on the East Coast, the last 5 or 6 minutes of today's show got cut off for a Special Report, and even though it was about something important, I have to admit that it did piss me off.

• Like 3
On 5/29/2024 at 9:19 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Redecorate, Sally . . . please!  Right now, Adam's place has the soulless look of a furniture showroom, a model apartment or a corporate office.  Very reflective of his personality, but zero warmth -- yuck.  Given that she's moving from one of those cold-looking, icky, awful, cramped GCAC rooms, wouldn't she wanna she change that place from the present mausoleum look?

I'm still wondering if Jess Walton has health issues going on or just wants to phase out of being on the show.  She looks OK, but who knows?

Oh Vic -- lies & lies & more lies, eh?  And he's pulling the same shit on Nikki, disappearing with no explanations -- and she accepts it.  Guess that's the nature of their "wonderful" relationship?  Feh.  And Cole's no bargain either, cuz now he's in on the endless lies.

Nikki looked reasonably suspicious on the dopey Jordie lies.  Do ya really wanna know the truth, Nikki?  It might make her head straight back to the vodka in the living room pillows -- and back to calling Jackie every 2 seconds.  Oh yeah, great choice, Jackie, to agree to be Nikki's sponsor again!

I’m afraid to say it but I can see Nikki finding out , going off the wagon and running to Jack because she’s so upset at Victor and I’m not looking forward to that. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2024 at 9:19 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Redecorate, Sally . . . please!  Right now, Adam's place has the soulless look of a furniture showroom, a model apartment or a corporate office.  Very reflective of his personality, but zero warmth -- yuck.  Given that she's moving from one of those cold-looking, icky, awful, cramped GCAC rooms, wouldn't she wanna she change that place from the present mausoleum look?

I'm still wondering if Jess Walton has health issues going on or just wants to phase out of being on the show.  She looks OK, but who knows?

Oh Vic -- lies & lies & more lies, eh?  And he's pulling the same shit on Nikki, disappearing with no explanations -- and she accepts it.  Guess that's the nature of their "wonderful" relationship?  Feh.  And Cole's no bargain either, cuz now he's in on the endless lies.

Nikki looked reasonably suspicious on the dopey Jordie lies.  Do ya really wanna know the truth, Nikki?  It might make her head straight back to the vodka in the living room pillows -- and back to calling Jackie every 2 seconds.  Oh yeah, great choice, Jackie, to agree to be Nikki's sponsor again!

Agreed definitely that apartment needs a makeover, so sterile . 

On 5/30/2024 at 12:20 AM, surfgirl said:

Kemp, from your lips to CBS ears! To be fair, Gramp's main scenes are him sitting in his Chair of Virility, punching nonsense into his phone screen with his right index finger. That finger must be hella strong by now, dontcha think?!? He reigns over his conglomerate as a global Captain of Industry with only his pointer finger as his guide. All hail The Finger!

Oh noes boes! Chloe is becoming like her mother, superfluous. It's embarrassing 😳. Where is her chipmunk? What is she even doing now? 🙄 

Missed opportunity indeed.

Oy Joi! I am so over Cleve at this point. Seriously over. O.V.E.R. Someone make it go away already. 

LOL Chair of Virility . And referring to that finger it does double duty as the finger of doom. If he points his finger at you, you know you are in for it from Vic. lol . 

On 5/30/2024 at 12:20 AM, surfgirl said:

Kemp, from your lips to CBS ears! To be fair, Gramp's main scenes are him sitting in his Chair of Virility, punching nonsense into his phone screen with his right index finger. That finger must be hella strong by now, dontcha think?!? He reigns over his conglomerate as a global Captain of Industry with only his pointer finger as his guide. All hail The Finger!

Oh noes boes! Chloe is becoming like her mother, superfluous. It's embarrassing 😳. Where is her chipmunk? What is she even doing now? 🙄 

Missed opportunity indeed.

Oy Joi! I am so over Cleve at this point. Seriously over. O.V.E.R. Someone make it go away already. 

lol about Cole and Victor.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2024 at 2:46 PM, surfgirl said:

Well now that I re thunk that, he does have The Pointer Finger of Virility, so yanno, maybe???

I know right? So true lol!!!

On 5/30/2024 at 4:16 PM, Sake614 said:

Why is Summer wearing a strapless leather dress in the morning? And Audra in skin tight white with her boobs practically hanging out? I mean, I’d love to have her body but damn, who actually dresses these women? 

I know right? I thought maybe Summer and Kyle were going out to a work event that required dress up . Another weird outfit. At least the color was ok. 

On 5/30/2024 at 4:28 PM, pvandal said:

Maybe this was answered today but I fast forwarded through a lot of Tucker and Audra because it was rinse and repeat of their last 10 conversations about their relationship, but Audra has always been an employee right? She never even had stock in Glissade let alone owned any of it. How is she able to keep making meeting appointments at Glissade? Didn't he fire her? When Tucker cancels those meetings doesn't he tell them she is no longer an employee?

Good point …

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Tucker takes a walk along the Seine when he, literally, bumps into Alan, whom he's pleasantly surprised to see, but Alan quickly scurries off without acknowledging Tucker - - was that actually Dr. Alan, or does Dr. Alan have an evil identical twin who has, unbeknownst to him, has been assuming his identity all this time while the real Alan is residing in another country, or maybe the trauma Ashley experienced on that fateful night was from witnessing the real Dr. Alan being murdered by his evil identical twin - and how does Tucker know Alan, did they meet in Genoa City, or does he know him from an earlier time?

I’m wondering too about the evil twin thing because of course he would just have one but I see why that could be the case 

• Like 3

Wow, when was the last time Diane and Victor had a scene with each other?

Nikki yanked Jack's chain and he immediately came running to Society. I think she could've told Jack over the phone Jordan was alive.

Ehh, I don't know about Victor trying to put Diane on the defensive about Jack's stupid actions wrt Nikki. Jack is responsible for his own behavior and ultimately not even his wife can control him.

You better listen to Summer, Kyle. Diane is not someone you want to go toe-to-toe with, even if she is your mommy. She has proven she can play the long game when it comes to her goals.

Only Victor could call someone a viper to their face and expect them consider it a compliment. Then he turned around and fired Michael as his consigliere, again. Who peed in Vic's corn flakes this morning?

Aww, look at Summer, having to swallow so much of her pride lately. First with Claire & Harrison and now with Sally and Marchetti.

Victor making himself at home at the Abbott manse. And then proceeding to needle Kyle about having to report to Jack and Diane at Jabot. TGVN was just a total ray of sunshine today. Not.

Hey, Sally mentioned Tara by name! And Summer called herself Harrison's stepmom! I'm verklempt over here!

Yeah, no, Victor. Don't forbid Nikki to be friends with Jack. Not unless you want to drive her away and into Jack's arms.

Re the previews: everyone who guessed Alan has an evil twin, give yourselves a hearty round of applause. Let's go!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Yes, Kyle is taking advantage of Summer❄️x6’s warm and fuzzy mood because it doesn’t happen all that often.  The only person who has less warm and fuzzy moods is her mother. 

I guess Diane is defending Jack to Victor because he is no longer going to be Nikki’s sponsor.  The break up of Jack and Nikki brought a tear to my eye 😢. Yeah sure. 

Victor you must be joking. Kyle taking orders from his mother is a lot easier than your children taking orders from you. 

Aw!  Summer❄️x6 and Sally “kissed” made up. Good move now Marchetti is out of the schemata business. 

News conference last 5 minutes. What’s happening next week. 

• Like 7

A Brief Recap - Slow Your Troll

Kids, you’ll never believe this, but Friday episodes of soap operas used to be exciting and would sometimes even feature a cliffhanger. It wasn’t always a monotonous slog through dull, annoying conversations.

Kyle and Summer blah blah blah. These two idiots will probably get back together and be twice as annoying as they are individually. Harrison has mastered the art of pointing at things. His parents practically weep with pride. Summer fixes her face to talk about Kyle’s mother. Kyle sprains his wrist patting himself on the back for being an underhanded dick at work.

Claire and Harrison serve up treacle coated turds as an appetizer for the main course - a ham-fisted butterfly metaphor as subtle as it is clever. Which is to say, not at all.

Ask not for whom the prick trolls; Vic trolls for thee. First he pushes Diane’s buttons about Jagabbott’s pill-poppin’ good time in a rude, condescending manner, takes a moment to fire the Great Betrayer Michael Baldwin, and then winds down by fucking with Kyle’s massive ego.

Jack and Nikki find a new addiction, the heady, robust aroma of each other’s farts.

After an awkward conversation filled with passive aggressive jabs, Summer hires Sally to fill in for Chelsea.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
22 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Kyle and Summer

Enough with the "our son" bullshit, because the only one who can say that to Kyle is Tara Locke. Oh, how I wish that sooner, rather than later, there's a storyline where Tara returns to GC to re-establish her relationship with her son and begin co-parenting her son with his father, causing a murderous Summer to make midnight flights over the Abbott mansion on her broom, shrieking epithets as she passes.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

What happened in the last 5 minutes and what are the previews? It was interrupted in NY by Biden talking about Trump. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

fucking with Kyle’s massive ego

There's a game afoot there, children, because Victor knows that Kyle is nothing more than a nepo baby, but he'll blow smoke up Playboy Kyle's ass as long as it furthers his plan to destroy Jack Abbott.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re the previews: everyone who guessed Alan has an evil twin, give yourselves a hearty round of applause. Let's go!

It's been a while since we've seen an evil twin storyline, so I'm ok with it.  Mainly because I didn't want to see Alan turning out to be the bad guy. He seems really nice, and I like him.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

So how do we know there are only Alan twins?  Maybe there are triplets?  Or quadruplets?  How about Alan quintuplets?  We've seen Blazer Alan and Leather-Jacket Alan . . . how about T-shirt Alan?  Or tank-top Alan?  Or Tattooed Alan?  Ah, the possibilities are endless, right?  There could be an Alan for every one of Ashley's alters.  And save an Alan for Traci.  But where does that leave pitiful sad-sack Tuck?  And angry Audra?  

Man, Kyle is dumb.  Ever hear of having a poker face for peeps you shouldn't trust with your private shit, Kyle?  Vic worked him pretty easily, eh?  Kyle coulda brought up how Vic has his 2 boob sons working for him, but nah, he's too fucking dumb.

Wait, was Summer actually trying to be nice?  Wait, what the what?  Sorry, mind blown.  What's next, show?  Will there actually be a scene where Chelsea doesn't cry?  Oh no, can't be -- cuz then Melissa Claire Egan wouldn't get paid.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Victor, of course, got mad at her because he wanted to be the one to forbid her to have Jack as her sponsor and that damn Jaggabbott had beat him to the punch.

Did he pull his jabbing his index finger in the face routine with her - I'm waiting for the scene where, when he jabs his index finger in someone's face, they bite it off, and since that's been the seat of his power all along, he dissolves into a puddle of disgusting puke while shrieking: "You perfect brat, look what you've done - I'm melting, melting"

7 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Vic worked him pretty easily, eh?

He played Playboy Kyle like a violin.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, boes said:

he's . . .  interested in Claire because he wants to play "find the caterpillar" with her, too.

Imagine the look on his face when he finds the butterfly tattoo just below her navel during a game of strip "find the caterpillar."

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
50 minutes ago, boes said:

Alan either has an evil twin or a sentient hand puppet

hand puppet is what Alan calls his, you know, "thing," and when he's providing hypno-therapy for his female patients, he likes to tell them to "watch the hand puppet"

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Sad thing is, I finished watching Show about half an hour ago and I'd already forgotten. 

But I went back and rewatched the last five minutes and the previews.

Dummer hired Sally after letting her know how much she disliked her in the past.

Nikki returned home and told this aged garden troll standing in her living room that she and Jack would always be friends but that he would not be her sponsor.  Victor, of course, got mad at her because he wanted to be the one to forbid her to have Jack as her sponsor and that damn Jaggabbott had beat him to the punch.  Nikki, despite decades of being married to Rumplestilskin seems to believe all will be well.

Claire got the hell out of the Abbott living room as baby Kyle took an emotional dump on his mother and she tried to spank him.  Jack walked in, saw things weren't good and after asking what was wrong and being brushed off by both of them, told them that he was no longer going to be Nikki's sponsor.  Kyle looked like he needed a new pair of Huggies, stat, and Diane looked like she was finally realizing you can't go home again, especially if the child you left behind has grown up to be Uriah Heep without the charm.

That was it for Show.  Previews have Mariah making one of her infrequent appearances to blow smoke up Kyle's ass - maybe that's what inflates his bouffant?? - and asking him if he's so interested in Claire because he wants to play "find the caterpillar" with her, too.

Audra, still wearing her white latex high gloss painted on  dress tells Tucker for the 13586th time to Pull Her Finger and she wants Glissade.  Audra's Air Fresheners, here we come!

Ashley, apparently having a therapy session at a crowded restaurant/bar with Alan and Traci, finds out that previously, she had dinner and trauma with Alan's brother, not with him.  So it seems that Alan either has an evil twin or a sentient hand puppet with great hair.

Thanks for the recap and coming attractions

• Like 9
On 5/30/2024 at 7:22 PM, Js Nana said:

After calling up the episode on Paramount and subjecting it to a forensic examination, I have come to the following conclusion regarding the Alan Laurent situation:

1. When Traci, Ashley and Alan arrive at Ashley's apartment in Paris, Alan is wearing a dark blue suit jacket over a dark colored knitted vest and dark colored, open necked shirt;

2. When Alan returns to Ashley's apartment after dropping his things off at his home and freshening up, he is wearing the same dark blue suit jacket, but the knitted vest is light gray and the shirt is, I think, white, but certainly not a dark colored one, making it clear that he has changed clothes;

3. When Tucker bumps into "Alan," he is wearing a dark blue T-shirt under a black, or brown, leather jacket, and doesn't seem to quite know who Tucker is;

Conclusion: The Alan who accompanied Traci and Ashley to Paris is the real Alan Laurent who was in Florence at the time Ashley says she visited with him in Paris, but there is a dead ringer for the real Alan who, for reasons not yet obvious, had assumed Alan's identity during the time that Ashley described, and it was he she had visited.

Sounds about right to me. I’d love to see the writer’s explanation for why Alan doesn’t kmow about his doppelgänger. I’m sure it’s a doozy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Ask not for whom the prick trolls; Vic trolls for thee. First he pushes Diane’s buttons about Jagabbott’s pill-poppin’ good time in a rude, condescending manner, takes a moment to fire the Great Betrayer Michael Baldwin, and then winds down by fucking with Kyle’s massive ego.

Right? It was like Victor was on a mission today to be an a-hole to as many random people as possible. I guess he was supposed to look like a tough guy but it just came across to me like him being a cranky baby.

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So how do we know there are only Alan twins?  Maybe there are triplets?  Or quadruplets?  How about Alan quintuplets?  We've seen Blazer Alan and Leather-Jacket Alan . . . how about T-shirt Alan?  Or tank-top Alan?  Or Tattooed Alan?  Ah, the possibilities are endless, right?  There could be an Alan for every one of Ashley's alters. 

Geez, don't give JG any bad ideas. He gets plenty enough all on his own.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 11
13 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I’d love to see the writer’s explanation for why Alan doesn’t kmow about his doppelgänger

Tune in next week, when the big "What's up with Alan" reveal happens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After Victor fired him I expected Michael to shout out “Let’s celebrate! A glass of champagne for everyone!”

The last segment of the show was pre-empted by President Biden where I live. Was there any interesting Friday cliffhanger?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Was there any interesting Friday cliffhanger?

No cliffhanger as I recall, but do tune in next week if you want to see the big "What's up with Alan" reveal.

• Like 2
On 5/30/2024 at 3:55 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So theoretically a child with a small frame like Harrison's could be in the second or third grade still sitting in a booster seat? Oh gosh, that seems like a situation ripe for bullying by classmates to me. But I do understand the safety issue.

My smaller child (now an adult) was in a booster seat longer than that. Seatbelts are made for adult frames. The boosters just raise them up so belts fit them correctly and more comfortably (meaning not riding up their necks). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
16 hours ago, boes said:

So it seems that Alan either has an evil twin or a sentient hand puppet with great hair.

Right now, I think otherAlan is basically the Joker:

Alan started out as a character who was little more than a day player. Now he's someone several soap forums are still speculating on whether he has an evil twin, a doppelgänger, or DID. What happened? Were the writers just waiting until they got Jordan off the canvas?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Alan started out as a character who was little more than a day player. Now he's someone several soap forums are still speculating on whether he has an evil twin, a doppelgänger, or DID. What happened? Were the writers just waiting until they got Jordan off the canvas?

No you silly! Evil Alan IS Jordan, DUH?!? Oy Joi, how could you not know this as an old timer here??? Jordan had an escape, thrn she had a shit, shower and a shave. Got her mani pedi and a change of clothes, and one hot square. Then hopped a plane to Paris to torment Ashely for some unknown reason. Duh! 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
On 5/30/2024 at 3:13 PM, boes said:

What I would love - really really REALLY love - would be if those two lifted and heaved, spackled and troweled that wall together, only to find they'd walled themselves in.  

Cask of Amontifuckall, you Edgar Allen Poe wannabees, come git your boys!

It would be weeks, at least, before anyone wondered where the hell they were.  At least in the viewing audience.

See, I was hoping Cole would give Victor the Trask treatment.Screenshot2018-06-24at6_47_15PM.png.5d9107a7d6a0e642f093807aef401ce7.png

• LOL 9

In the scene in Friday's previews for the coming week that has Ashley, Traci and Alan seated in the same room, there is someone standing behind her right shoulder - could that someone be Tucker?

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Seatbelts are made for adult frames. The boosters just raise them up so belts fit them correctly

Well, when I was a child, we didn't have all this namby-pamby booster seats and seat belts rigamarole; we were tough back then, not the snowflake safety freaks you've got nowadays - and don't get me started on those lily-livered helmet-wearing bicyclists, if your head hit the concrete back in my day, it was just tough noogies for you - a childhood reminiscence from the cranky old lady known as JsNana

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
On 5/29/2024 at 6:54 PM, Waldo13 said:

Jill is sick with some type of heart related problem.  As of now, it doesn’t seem the monkeys with a keyboard are preparing another PSA on the heart. 

BILLY! She might need a transplant. (Billy calls Adam) No Billy, you.

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, surfgirl said:

No you silly! Evil Alan IS Jordan, DUH?!? Oy Joi, how could you not know this as an old timer here??? Jordan had an escape, thrn she had a shit, shower and a shave. Got her mani pedi and a change of clothes, and one hot square. Then hopped a plane to Paris to torment Ashely for some unknown reason. Duh! 

While this gave me a giggle -- uh, nah, no way, cuz Alan is a handsome man, whether it's Blazer Alan or Leather-Jacket Alan (or any other Alan show might bring us).  And we've already seen how Jordie makes one goofy-looking creepy weirdo man.  Besides, hopefully, we get at least a brief respite from her -- oh, at least a week or 2, please, show?  She is in that "rock-solid secure" prison, so it should hold her for at least a week or 2, right?  Or not.

Ah, so Vic loves words like 'betray" & "forbid" -- particularly when it comes to employees, family . . . and of course, wives!  We'll see how long Nikki stays sober.  My guess is not long.  Hello vodka in the living room pillows!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crows works said:

BILLY! She might need a transplant. (Billy calls Adam) No Billy, you.

Heh, Adam would need to remind Billy that he has it backwards as far as transplants are concerned. It's typically the Abbotts who provide spare parts to the Newmans on demand, not the other way around. That's why Colleen's heart is sitting in Victor's chest, and Connor can see courtesy of Delia's corneas.

Fortunately for the Abbotts the Newmans have been willing to wait until the Abbott in question was actually dead or dying before the desired organ was yanked from them.

(And Summer Newman's liver donation to Kyle Abbott's former wife Lola doesn't count because it was only a sliver so Summer didn't need to die first. Darn.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Denize said:

But if he does, there is always The Oblong Box.

Or The Tell-Tale Heart.  Given Viktor has Colleen's heart, this could be interesting.

Question:  Was Cole doing all the heavy lifting on the wall while Grampire was out and about spreading gloom and doom?

Edited by MollyB
  • LOL 6
On 5/31/2024 at 2:40 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Victor making himself at home at the Abbott manse.

This scene cracked my shit right up! It was the most animated and non-catatonic we have seen old Vic in eons! He was practically gleeful eating those cookies! And what I laughed at was that even once he started talking to Kid Pomp, he still kept eating the damn cookies! And he couldn't resist drinking the milk too, because, yanno, he is a seasoned thespian of screen and stage so...It truly was a dotty moment, wasn't it?

Question: why does it seem like most soap actors do not retire with dignity but instead choose to age out on screen? I mean, EB is not what he once was. He cannot remember lines more than blurting out random #yougotthats and #jaggabbit this or thats. I'd wager his lines are on his Black Phone of Virility too. It's batty. And sad. I wish we could have Vic written off and bring back Ashton, he was a good character. Elevate Tucker to something other than where he is at right now. And keep Alan but give him a new story that does not involved Madame le Coukou.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

Question: why does it seem like most soap actors do not retire with dignity but instead choose to age out on screen? I mean, EB is not what he once was. He cannot remember lines more than blurting out random #yougotthats and #jaggabbit this or thats. I'd wager his lines are on his Black Phone of Virility too. It's batty.

EB has been reading his lines off the props for years. I think they used to have cue cards for him but with advances in technology now they can have Victor staring at his phone or a tablet.

What annoys me about it is how disengaged EB often seems to be with whoever he's in a scene with. They have to look at him and act like they're talking to him while he's behaving as if he couldn't care less. It seems rude and disrespectful to the other actors to me.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What annoys me about it is how disengaged EB often seems to be with whoever he's in a scene with.

Is it possible he has developed cataracts and can't see them very clearly?

• Useful 4
On 5/31/2024 at 5:40 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, when was the last time Diane and Victor had a scene with each other?

When he threw her out of a moving ambulance because he'd discovered that she was faking a pregnancy so he wouldn't end their second marriage to return to Nikki?

proceeding to needle Kyle about having to report to Jack and Diane at Jabot.

I'm convinced that alienating Kyle from his parents is all part of Victor's plan to destroy Jack Abbott.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Sally mentioned Tara by name! And Summer called herself Harrison's stepmom!

When, when, I missed that part - and could this mean, I hope, I hope, that Tara Locke may soon return to Genoa City to reclaim her son?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

EB has been reading his lines off the props for years. I think they used to have cue cards for him but with advances in technology now they can have Victor staring at his phone or a tablet.

What annoys me about it is how disengaged EB often seems to be with whoever he's in a scene with. They have to look at him and act like they're talking to him while he's behaving as if he couldn't care less. It seems rude and disrespectful to the other actors to me.

Joi, agree with all of the above, great description, he doesn't seem like he gives a shit about his fellow actors. I wonder if it's a defense mechanism because he isn't as sharp as he used to be and he knows it and is trying to hide it. Or he really couldn't give two shits about his fellow actors. Either way, he adds nothing to the canvas at this point, other than someone to guffaw over, sadly.  Ditto Phylth, I mean, enough already, just have her go off to some ashram in Myanmar, never to return again because she's hooked on the yam yam (#iykyk).

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Oh ffs! If somebody you cared about was LITERALLY driving themselves crazy thinking they were hallucinating seeing you in a place where you know you weren’t, wouldn’t the first words out of your mouth be “I know what must have happened! I have a brother that looks exactly like me”? Allen is being petty cruel dragging this out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

wouldn’t the first words out of your mouth be

That's what I was thinking, but then I realized that the scene was being continued tomorrow, when I think all will be revealed.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

Allen is being petty cruel dragging this out.

Today's show was a continuation of Friday's show, and tomorrow's show will be a continuation of today's show - one day taking as long as a week to play out is how it works on Planet Soap.

• Like 2

After watching the conversation between Nick and Victor on today's show, I'm thinking that it might be that the other actors on the show are, in manner of speaking, compensating for EB's fading faculties because they've all been acting with him for decades.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Jordan's got more lives than a cat." Hey, Nick, don't be out here besmirching kitties by comparing them to that psycho. Even feral cats have standards.

Who was this Haley person working with Tucker?

Wait, has Ashley been hanging out with notAlan, who's been letting her think he's Alan? If so, yikes.

Of course Audra and Tucker are staying in the same hotel. Behold, the GCAC Parisian!

Victor told Nick he's worried Connor's OCD problems are going to make Adam return to his bad old ways. Hmm, I'm not seeing the logic.

Holey moley, the hotel elevator was humongous. Audra and Tucker could've hosted a Glissade cocktail party in there.

Chloe. Sigh, why was she still wandering the streets? She and Sally just dissolved their design company last week earlier in this same GC day. Seemed to me she would've been at home with her husband and children.

Ditto comments upthread: Alan, notAlan, whoever you are. Cough it up! You know you and your brother have probably done something to cause Ashley's mental break. Tell her and Traci now!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Of course Audra and Tucker are staying in the same hotel. Behold, the GCAC Parisian!

The fabulous GCAC Parisian - where all the suites look eerily like the ones in Wisconsin.

• LOL 6

I don’t understand why Audra thinks she has the power to conduct business while Tucker holds all the cards unless Audra is listed as a co-owner.  Even as a board member, Audra really doesn’t hold power over Tucker.  Audra bringing up Tucker’s previous nefarious does just as much damage to her as Tucker.  Plus what Audra thinks is a bomb about breaking down all the other business and selling the pieces off, is nothing more than a fire cracker if Tucker already owns the businesses. If he doesn’t then Glissade can still exist without the other companies just as a smaller major company. 

Sally, Summer❄️X6 has given you a chance to be the temporary creative director and you’re going to stick your neck out for Chloe🐿️?  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Alan, you're really bugging the piss outta me.  Enough with the constipated looks.  Spit it out already, hun, it's just five little words -- I've got an evil twin.  Just say it already, gosh darnit!!!

Sooooo, plot hole!  If Ashley called Alan, but instead got Evil Twin (wearing that unflattering, ill-fitting shirt), er, just how would that happen?  Now, if it were 35 years ago when homes still had landlines, then OK.  But hello, writers, it is 2024, when most homes don't have landlines & even if they do, Ashley more than likely would be calling Alan on his cell.  So again, how would Evil Twin have gotten the call from Ashley?  We know Vic is still living (in his mind) in 1989, but are the writers too?

You know, as I was tuning out of the white noise of the who-cares convo btw Vic & Nick on Adam, I was thinking how nobody knows about the lunatic thing Vic did, imprisoning Jordie -- cuz clueless Nick started his visit with Vic by asking how Nikki was taking the news about Jordie being alive.  It highlighted just how idiotic and ridiculous Vic was to fire Michael & accuse him of betraying him. 

Michael not only saved Vic's reputation from turning into total shit, but kept him from being arrested & likely being sent to prison.  He shoulda graciously thanked Michael & given him a bonus!  But nah, not Vic.  Notice how he can't stand straight anymore -- or stand at all for more than 30 seconds.  Yup, when you're shuffling like Tim Conway doing the old man bit on The Carol Burnett Show, it's time to retire, EB.

Chloe, give up that ugly skirt, please, cuz it's hurting my eyes lookin' at that hideous thing.

I'm not getting what Audra thinks she's gonna accomplish.  I've said this before.  She seems to think she's so clever, but I remain unimpressed with her supposed "smarts".  If Tuck owns Glissade & these other companies, her actions are wasted effort.  And her attempts to attack his character & motives are also a waste.  None of this makes much sense.  Even her intense anger makes no sense.  What did Tuck do that was so bad to cause such anger?  And her sexy outfits make no sense.  Cuz she's either by herself or dressing for meetings not taking place.  Guess the outfits might have an er, "effect" on Tuck, but she claims not to care about him anymore so . . . more stuff that makes no sense.  Gah!

And Audra seemed oh-so-happy for Sally about her new gig.  Why?  My hunch is she was hoping (like icky Chloe) Sally will get her a job too.  Ah, Audra may not be clever, but she sure is a user!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Maybe Alan thinks his brother is dead?  That was the deal with Blade and Rick, and this show does recycle stories a lot.  Alan seems more bewildered than as if he's hiding something.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Being lured by a second Evil Twin would be traumatic for Ashley. Y&R should do a PSA on it since it is so common in real life 😉.  For Leather Jacket to answer Alan's phone when he was out of town, Alan must know that LJ has access to his apartment.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1