Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

You've triggered my craving for tutti frutti ice cream,

As per the late, great,  Little Richard.... A Whop Boppa Doobopp ... A Whop Bam Boom. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I wish Allie and Noah had stayed in town only because there's no younger Abbotts on the canvas besides Kyle.  Would have been nice for Jack to have more family onscreen.

I agree though that the actress wasn't great.  The actor who played Noah was so incredibly boring.  He always seemd half-asleep.  Don't understand why they recast him in the first place.  I liked the longtime Noah, Robert Adamson.  In looking at his credits he doesn't seem to have done much so I can only assume the show fired him.  He was a lot better than the most recent Noah.

I thought Robert  Adamson was good too. 

3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

The latest info I could find on Mackenzie is that she attended the memorial service for JT, and that was in 2019; and speaking of Mackenzie and JT, what's what with their children, Dylan and Becca?

That’s it. I think once Mackenzie understood what JT was going through and not that he was actually crazy she took him back. I think they are all in DC together. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 4/27/2024 at 8:18 PM, Js Nana said:

but wouldn't it be great to watch Cleve defeat them all and become the capo di tutti of the Newman clan?

Not for me no. Wouldn't that just prove Super Stupidgirl(and Adam) right? The Newmans have done nothing to Cleve except kiss her ass and keep her out of prison so far. Her throwing that back in their face would just vindicate Summer's claims & suspicions. Granted, Cleve still being secretly evil would be better than this docile, innocent girl in ponytails crap Josh is pushing but Dummer being right would be the cost to that. 

Plus, there's a line of people a year long in and outside the family more deserving of the satisfaction of eviscerating Newman wovles than Claire....starting with Collen's ghost, Jack for Patty and Marco(Phyllis too hate her or not, she owes Victor a couple of lickbacks), Traci, Diane, Lily, I'd say Billy but JG has shoved him into a relationship with the rapist Victor sicced on him so idk. As far as I'm concerned, Adam, Noah, Reed, and Abby are the only Newmans with a legitimate axe to grind so far. 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, Js Nana said:

But we can say stuff about Summer, right?

Lol look around....This whole forum is a Summer hater's heaven and has been for quite sometime. Which I'm thankful for since I really dislike the idiot myself. I appreciate being able to dislike characters (even if other people like them) in relative peace. Because nothing makes me hate a character faster than a overly touchy fanbase unable to accept or ignore fair criticism of a character they like. 

17 hours ago, blackwing said:

I wish Allie and Noah had stayed in town only because there's no younger Abbotts on the canvas besides Kyle.  Would have been nice for Jack to have more family onscreen.

I agree though that the actress wasn't great.  The actor who played Noah was so incredibly boring.  He always seemd half-asleep.  Don't understand why they recast him in the first place.  I liked the longtime Noah, Robert Adamson.  In looking at his credits he doesn't seem to have done much so I can only assume the show fired him.  He was a lot better than the most recent Noah.

Agree with all of this. Allie & Noah should've been recast and given a fairer chance. Kyle eating up the young Abbott scene is not working. He's a petulant, whiny douche like his uncle. And as much potential Tucker/Audra have, I don't get why they waste their time in GC. As mentioned before they're so isolated, they may as well be off the show. I think I saw someone a different forum say that Audra would be a better fit on B&B than here, and I'm inclined to agree. She's young & pretty, and has better fashion sense than pretty much all of the women on that show. She's supposed to be super smart but she chooses to waste her youth/beauty with a man twice her age in a directionless situationship in the midwest? It doesn't add up...

TIIC kinda butchered Noah's character with casting Eyore Rory Gibson & made him thirst after Tessa. If they can't/won't get Robert Adamson back fine. That sucks as he's very talented. But surely TPTB can do better than RG. Or I hope they can. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Btw, I really hope Ashley loses that ugly dress cuz I'm sick of looking at that hideous thing.  Oh please don't tell me some idiot stylist is gonna put her in another awful red thing whenever she's in her Ashley O'Hara personality.

Mileage definitely varies because I'm pretty much enjoying Ashley's adventures in DID. I think it's funny. The only thing that's bothered me is not having a definite way to distinguish the alters, especially whenever one of them is pretending to be the main Ashley. But I saw recently on the CC that they have different names so if I pay attention to that it's less confusing:

The alters
Mean Ashley = Mrs. Abbott
Southern belle Ashley = Belle
Teen Ashley = Ash

Ugh, show, please make this tired storyline end, or at least make an effort to create more interesting personalities that ED is able to act.  Guess that's not possible?

ED's performance is fine for me. I don't think she's trying to act like a Southern belle or a teenager, I think ED is acting like Ashley would if she were trying to look like a Southern belle or a teenager. Ashley has no point of reference for either of those types of people except maybe from what she's seen on TV or in movies. IMO, that's why the portrayals are iffy; they're not meant to be anything close to accurate.

Also, I see Mrs. Abbott, the mean alter, as an actual side of Ashley's personality that she feels she can't show. Ashley's either held her back because of other people's expectations of the way Ashley should behave, or she has to restraint herself because of potential repercussions. (Like you might want to hit or murder somebody but you don't because you're not trying to go to jail/prison.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

Heads up West Coasters. Tuesday & Wednesday episodes are being preempted but not rebroadcast at 1:35 am this time. Gotta go online or Paramount+.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Gotta go online or Paramount+.

Do you have to wait a while for the episode to show up on Paramount+?

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Not for me no. Wouldn't that just prove Super Stupidgirl(and Adam) right? The Newmans have done nothing to Cleve except kiss her ass and keep her out of prison so far. Her throwing that back in their face would just vindicate Summer's claims & suspicions. Granted, Cleve still being secretly evil would be better than this docile, innocent girl in ponytails crap Josh is pushing but Dummer being right would be the cost to that. 

Plus, there's a line of people a year long in and outside the family more deserving of the satisfaction of eviscerating Newman wovles than Claire....starting with Collen's ghost, Jack for Patty and Marco(Phyllis too hate her or not, she owes Victor a couple of lickbacks), Traci, Diane, Lily, I'd say Billy but JG has shoved him into a relationship with the rapist Victor sicced on him so idk. As far as I'm concerned, Adam, Noah, Reed, and Abby are the only Newmans with a legitimate axe to grind so far. 

Lol look around....This whole forum is a Summer hater's heaven and has been for quite sometime. Which I'm thankful for since I really dislike the idiot myself. I appreciate being able to dislike characters (even if other people like them) in relative peace. Because nothing makes me hate a character faster than a overly touchy fanbase unable to accept or ignore fair criticism of a character they like. 

Agree with all of this. Allie & Noah should've been recast and given a fairer chance. Kyle eating up the young Abbott scene is not working. He's a petulant, whiny douche like his uncle. And as much potential Tucker/Audra have, I don't get why they waste their time in GC. As mentioned before they're so isolated, they may as well be off the show. I think I saw someone a different forum say that Audra would be a better fit on B&B than here, and I'm inclined to agree. She's young & pretty, and has better fashion sense than pretty much all of the women on that show. She's supposed to be super smart but she chooses to waste her youth/beauty with a man twice her age in a directionless situationship in the midwest? It doesn't add up...

TIIC kinda butchered Noah's character with casting Eyore Rory Gibson & made him thirst after Tessa. If they can't/won't get Robert Adamson back fine. That sucks as he's very talented. But surely TPTB can do better than RG. Or I hope they can. 

I guess we will have to agree to disagree about Claire. 

41 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Heads up West Coasters. Tuesday & Wednesday episodes are being preempted but not rebroadcast at 1:35 am this time. Gotta go online or Paramount+.

Why on the west coast? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They are airing UEFA Champions League soccer instead. I'm not sure about how Paramount+ airs shows. I don't have it so I go online or On Demand to find it. Normally I wouldn't mind missing a show or two, but I am curious to see where that key leads to. And was that the same doll Nikki was "dreaming" about when she being kept in Oregon?

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Why on the west coast?

Because the UEFA Champions League games don't start until 2:00pm Eastern Time Zone, which means that they start at 11:00am Pacific Time Zone, so that they miss cutting off the 12:30pm Eastern Time Zone showing of Y&R but run into the 12:30pm Pacific Time Zone showing.

25 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

will not be watching it this week

But you might miss Victoria and Cleve using the keys they found in the doll to locate Cleve - or do you think the Y&R PTB will try to drag that out over the next couple of weeks, or even longer.

2 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Victoria and Cleve

"Cleve" should be "Cole"

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

More musings on today's episode:

Not sure why Michael needed to be involved in a discussion about a dropped phone call which may or may not have been from Claire. It's not a legal issue unless Claire was in on Harrison's kidnapping.

I liked Summer's faux leather shirt dress but AFAIC it was not a springtime outfit. As the head of an international fashion house, one would think Summer would stick to seasonal fabrics and colors.

Wonder what the GCAC staff think when they see society maven Nikki Newman checking into a room alone in the middle of the day? Maybe that was the NE corporate suite and she was able to bypass the GCAC front desk.

Connor mentioned he has dissociations. Does that mean he'll have alters too, like Ashley? (Elsewhere, I've seen speculation that the kid "Mike" who Connor spoke of today is an imaginary friend.)

Victoria said she recognized the keys she and Cole found in packed inside the creepy doll. I'm gonna put down a bet those are keys to Victor's wine cellar/jail cell. Then Vik and Cole will find Jordan and a fresh hell will begin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

In a moment of clarity, which doesn’t happen very often, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ is not blaming Claire/Eve anymore for Harrison’s kidnapping. 

Victoria racking her brain for 5 minutes and we didn’t see smoke coming out her ears?  It’s unbelievable?  I don’t remember Victoria when she saw those keys before. Can someone enlighten me please?  

The title of today’s episode should be called the blame game. I don’t blame anyone but I do blame the monkeys with a keyboard for writing this crap. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Adam: memememememememememe

Chelsey: memememememememememe

These two chucklefucks should never have been allowed to procreate, that's all I'm gonna say about that. Way to make Connor's shit about you Chels. And NO Adam, hiding from one's problem is NOT why you sent your kid to an patient facility FFS!

How many idiots does it take to find Cleve? And there, in the midst of it all the capo sits in his turtleneck of virility, hands clasped in quiet contemplation. I'm pretty sure his thought bubble was this: "ermblurg glubsnut ranpurnickel shitbucket,"

Annnnd here we go again with Jackie the Enabler blowing smoke up Drinkki's Barbie cosplay pantsuit. Hoo boy, he's the worst sponsor like, ever.

That ratty no tell motel room, anyone else yelling LOOK UNDER THE BED!!! 

I love how the Viril Turtleneck speaks so haltingly about Jordie's alleged death. 

Annnd now.we have the 'who's the worse parent' dance off! 💃 🕺 Who will win?!? Chels or Adam? Stay tuned folks!

That room at the GCAC sees a LOT of action don't it?! Sexay times. Drunky times. Angry trash the room times. I shudder to think of the black light situation in that room. Just sayin'.

The moral lesson today is that even people, albeit pretend TV characters, who seem to never even have to think about money can be absolutely miserable. 

At least they ran a banner on the screen today about the pre empting...at least there's that!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

So, I don't think this is Retro enough for the other topic but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

As a returnee who missed the backstory of many current plots, I found it fascinating today to see that Pluto TV is showing stories from 2021. Chelsea has just been released from the mental institution and wants to go take care of her mom, while Victor nixes taking Conner with her. Victoria is in scenes with some guy named Ashland Locke (he's sick?) and there is Harrison's real mom in the park, with Sally flirting with Jack, of all people.  Also, Sharon - is she married to this Ray guy? Anyway, Y&R has its own channel on Pluto and it's free, so I'll probably watch some more of them. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Victoria is in scenes with some guy named Ashland Locke (he's sick?) and there is Harrison's real mom in the park, with Sally flirting with Jack, of all people.  Also, Sharon - is she married to this Ray guy?

Yep, Vic married Ashland Locke and brother Nick killed him.  Along the way, he had a heart attack and Victor wouldn't call 911 till he sold his company to Grampire.  That, and so much more that I've forgotten.

Harrison' real mom, who was Kyle's cougar and not much of a character, and got sent to prison for not signing a check correctly or jaywalking or something so horrible she's been given a life sentence and Harrison - and us - are stuck with that screaming banshee mutant offspring of Phyllis's, Dummer, as his mother.  Sally and Jack were an item when she first came to town, before she moved on to Adam, then Nick and then back to Adam.   And Sharon was married to Rey Rey although Chelz appointed herself as the Chief Mourner after he died, which was after he survived Chlez trying to poison him.  Grand times in GC.

I think those keys are to the the place Victor originally held Jordan, where she took the poison and Nikki called 911, which Dummer has now gleefully added to her list of reasons to be the most aggrieved person in GC.  

Chelsea came in to Adam's apartment, loaded for bear, jumping on every thing he said.  I wish he'd duct-taped her mouth shut.  Though to be fair, the two of them are neck and neck with which one will win the pity party race.  STFU, the two of you.

Connor's OCD is giving me a serious pain in my ass.  I wonder if there's a facility for that I could check myself into.

At this point, I'd be fine with everybody just handing a glass of Olde Rotgut to Nikki everytime she opens her yap to complain. We get it, you're awful and for once, you're right.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

liked Summer's faux leather shirt dress but AFAIC it was not a springtime outfit. As the head of an international fashion house, one would think Summer would stick to seasonal fabrics and colors.

Yeah, I was noticing too how everyone except Drinki was wearing black, black & more black.  OK, Vicky was wearing mud brown.  And Dummer's leather thing was a dull brown too.  What up with this?  Hey, show stylists, it's Spring -- have ya heard?  How about some color?  And throw away Drinki's garish suit.  Soak it with any of Drinki's leftover booze (that maybe wussy Jackie is able to wrestle away from her) & burn it quick!  I like pink, but that color hurt my eyes.  Yuck!

Wait, so now Dummer is blaming Drinki for Jordie's actions.  First off, you ain't just a moron, but you really are mommy's daughter, eh?  A thoughtless asshole who never apologizes for any of the awful shit she says or does.  Get it thru your thick head, Dummer, the only one responsible for Jordie's actions is Jordie, so stop blaming other peeps, you asshole!

OK, so I'm going to probe on how it's possible for Vic to keep Jordie locked up in the basement without anyone finding out.  It's not possible.  There has to be support staff to help keep her alive.  But since we never see support staff, forget that for now. 

I think we got a hint, with Michael asking so many probing questions.  I bet he'll find out first.  Idk where it'll go from there, but as a lawyer, he's not gonna go along with knowing about Jordie being locked up in the basement indefinitely.  Sheesh, these writers have such a sadistic bent.  Can't blame that on AI.

14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Mileage definitely varies because I'm pretty much enjoying Ashley's adventures in DID. I think it's funny. The only thing that's bothered me is not having a definite way to distinguish the alters, especially whenever one of them is pretending to be the main Ashley. But I saw recently on the CC that they have different names so if I pay attention to that it's less confusing:

The alters
Mean Ashley = Mrs. Abbott
Southern belle Ashley = Belle
Teen Ashley = Ash

ED's performance is fine for me. I don't think she's trying to act like a Southern belle or a teenager, I think ED is acting like Ashley would if she were trying to look like a Southern belle or a teenager. Ashley has no point of reference for either of those types of people except maybe from what she's seen on TV or in movies. IMO, that's why the portrayals are iffy; they're not meant to be anything close to accurate.

Also, I see Mrs. Abbott, the mean alter, as an actual side of Ashley's personality that she feels she can't show. Ashley's either held her back because of other people's expectations of the way Ashley should behave, or she has to restraint herself because of potential repercussions. (Like you might want to hit or murder somebody but you don't because you're not trying to go to jail/prison.)

I really do think you have this right on the way ED is acting the other personalities.  The prob for me as a viewer is I'm finding it so unbearable to watch cuz it's so cingey.

And as far as the storyline goes?  For me, it just seems like a tired retread.  Split personality stories are so old hat.  Yawn.  It's disappointing that the writers can't come up with anything more creative for Ashley.  She can be an interesting character -- I like her smartness, sense of humor & intuitiveness.  And ED has potential for some OK acting.  Must they pump out the same shit that's been done a zillion times?

In any case, maybe Ashley O'Hara will provide some more style choices I can mock, cuz the rest of the cast is dressing so freakin' boring.  Altho, we can predict for sure the one-shoulder jobbies will be showing up on the usual suspects -- Phyllis, Diane & Lauren (and maybe Dummer and Abby too).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ah, so I was watching today with my 12 year old niece.  She doesn't watch the show & had no idea what was going on, but I wanted to share her comments on the little she watched before she got bored & left the room. 

When Connor came on, she asked, why is that boy so sad & why do those 2 people talking to him have fake smiles & are looking so fake?  She said he looks like he hates them.  I didn't want to tell her he had OCD -- cuz why get into it & she seemed like she mostly couldn't care less.  Me either, hun, me either.

Is it possible for Melissa Claire Egan to do ANY scene without bawling her eyes out?  The makeup peeps must spray-paint her down with the latest in waterproof makeup cuz she still manages to look pretty good after all that crying.  I can't stand it tho.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

"as far as I'm concerned."

Thank you, thank you, thank you, jewel21.

48 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I like pink

What would you call that shade of pink, Scoobs, Pepto Bismol or bubblegum?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

14 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

What would you call that shade of pink, Scoobs, Pepto Bismol or bubblegum?

Idk, but my eyes hurt thinking about it.  Didn't seem Barbie pink to me, which is softer.  Did they put that ugly thing on her to contrast Vic's Snidely Whiplash (or Boris Badenov) black?

Btw, so when she took one of those ghastly GCAC rooms, to drink herself into oblivion -- did she not think Vic was gonna be calling after her?  Eh, as long as she gets rid of that suit, I'm good.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

so now Dummer is blaming Drinki

. . . and with that slapable adolescent pout on her face, too . . . and this child is supposed to be running a hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-a-year fashion line?

48 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

hy do those 2 people talking to him have fake smiles & looking so fake?

Because they're bad actors?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

And as far as the storyline goes?  For me, it just seems like a tired retread.  Split personality stories are so old hat. 

I am telling you, I just know they've invested in some AI programs to generate the scripts and they've fed all the old scripts from when these characters had 80s glam going for them into the programs.

• Like 5

They posted an "In Memoriam" at the end of Monday's show for Meg Bennett, the actress who had played TGVN's first wife, Julia Newman, who died on April 11th - when do you think they'll get around to posting an "In Memoriam" for Marla Adams, who died on April 25th.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, boes said:

Chelsea came in to Adam's apartment, loaded for bear, jumping on every thing he said.  I wish he'd duct-taped her mouth shut.  Though to be fair, the two of them are neck and neck with which one will win the pity party race.  STFU, the two of you.

Preach!!!! Adam being wistful, and a little overly remorseful(him giving an Nikki's hateful ass an apology toast was pathetic but it was easy to blame that on her being a stuck up bitch) was okay as long as he retained some edge, and most of all dignity. Josh has made him such a neutered, wet blanket over this OCD bullshit. I can barley root for him against Chelsea, who is easily the shittiest parent on the show surpassed only by Phyllis & Grampire....

At this point even the worst case of OCD on the planet is the least of Connor's concern. 

12 hours ago, tessaray said:

I found it fascinating today to see that Pluto TV is showing stories from 2021. Chelsea has just been released from the mental institution and wants to go take care of her mom, while Victor nixes taking Conner with her. Victoria is in scenes with some guy named Ashland Locke (he's sick?) and there is Harrison's real mom in the park, with Sally flirting with Jack, of all people.  Also, Sharon - is she married to this Ray guy? Anyway, Y&R has its own channel on Pluto and it's free, so I'll probably watch some more of them. 

I've flicked through the soap channel on pluto a few times myself. Crazy how it was only 3 years ago, and the show was bad then too, but it seems "good" because it's so much worse now. Like to the point of no return worse. 2021 was before JG fired everyone in anticipation of the writers strike. Whoever he brought in to replace them seem to be just as awful at their job as their head writer is. Or if they're the same people, trashing the show must be some sort of revenge for ever getting canned in the first place. 

23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

^^^Agreed I think that's a good way to explain the portrayal. Now I do hate the DID SL, but it's got nothing to do with Eileen Davison as an actress(though I'll admit, it does her less favors as it drags on), and everything to do with the writing. She's capable of playing batshit as she's still hailed as the true Kristen DiMera(a character that is a complete psychopath, to put it nicely). But everything about this story is so nonsensical like why haven't the Abbotts put Ashley in Fairview yet? Why does she have to keep going in Tucker/Audra's boring orbit when she has a whole daughter she's yet to interact with? I'd much rather see that. Apparently that's the only way Abby is gonna find out her mother is unwell, as no one can be bothered with telling her.  

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
13 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Annnnd here we go again with Jackie the Enabler blowing smoke up Drinkki's Barbie cosplay pantsuit. Hoo boy, he's the worst sponsor like, ever.

Isn't he? When Drinki blew off going to the meeting and promised him she'd go to one later, I had to ask out loud, Jackie, have you ever met an addict before?

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

when she took one of those ghastly GCAC rooms, to drink herself into oblivion -- did she not think Vic was gonna be calling after her?  

Yeah, I couldn't understand what her plan was. Nikki's not going to be able to go home drunk and if she doesn't go home Victor will wonder where she is. Does he still have a bodyguard on her or has that stopped since he has Jordan locked up and thinks the threat is over?

Why does she have to keep going in Tucker/Audra's boring orbit when she has a whole daughter she's yet to interact with? I'd much rather see that. Apparently that's the only way Abby is gonna find out her mother is unwell, as no one can be bothered with telling her.   

The way Abby is isolated from both her Abbott and Newman families is so odd to me. She should definitely know about Ashley's mental issues and I can't figure out why none of the Abbotts have told her, especially Traci.

On the Jordan front, Abby should have been told about her so she and Devon could take extra steps to protect Dominic. What if Jordan had decided to snatch Dom instead of Harrison? Or what if Jordan had decided to grab Abby since she's Victor's daughter? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm gonna put down a bet those are keys to Victor's wine cellar/jail cell.

Nah, they're to the Unlimited Costume Shoppe, the Bank of Jordan and Jay Leno's Garage where she gets all her rides.

14 hours ago, surfgirl said:

That room at the GCAC sees a LOT of action don't it?!

They did add a new set of night table lamps to trade out.  Same old potted plant, tho.

15 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Does he still have a bodyguard on her or has that stopped since he has Jordan locked up and thinks the threat is over?

I wondered about the bodyguard too since Claire hasn't been found and there is still speculation she was/is in cahoots with Jordan.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

This finding Claire episode was just so bad. So the police detectives and the motel housekeeping staff all missed that doll - just like the ones Cole's mother Eve Howard collected. Honestly I don't recall, was that an actual fact or a brand new fact? And there were keys inside it which Cole found as soon as he touched the doll. And Mop figured out the keys were to a storage unit and that's where Claire was being held captive. Boom, just like that. The look of surprise on Cole's face was hilarious when she stated that. Then Mop and Cole beat the police and Grampire's security team to the storage unit. So Claire was sitting up against a wall, with the corpse of a fat woman draped over her legs, "all this time", as Cole succinctly put it. What the hell kind of story telling is this?

Are we taking bets on how long Jordan will be in the cage? At the rate they're going, I expect her to be out by next Tuesday. If that long. Show should keep her in the cage for at least six months. But it doesn't seem like Josh's attention span can last that long.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, Mop says they need to get Claire something to eat. After all, she has been in there "all this time". So they take her home and Mop offers to make her some tea. And to add insult to injury doesn't even make her the tea. I'm sure Aunt Jordan at least gave Claire PB&J sandwiches.

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I don't recall, was that an actual fact or a brand new fact?

I think it was a brand new fact; however, whether correctly or incorrectly, I do seem to recall from the dim recesses of my increasingly feeble memory that someone in an earlier post said that it was the same kind of doll that was in the room Nikki was locked in when Jordan was holding her captive in that house in Oregon.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Oh no, the giant dress shoulder eating moths are still infesting Genoa City. 'Tis a plague. 

Well, this seems to be National Find The Hostage Week. 

1] How long can TGVN keep Jordan in his jail cell ?? And what is his end game ?? Pun absolutely intended !!

2] WTF...WTF...WHAT THE FREAKIN' F^%$ is going on with the dead body on top of Cleve ?? Just roll it off and get on with your day ?? 

3] Abby met Ashley O'Hara and didn't even blink her false eyelashes, just offered a free meal. Perceptive much ??

Vikki, if your daughter has been locked up for days in a storage facility, at least come thru with that pot of tea...and some scones, if Mrs Martinez has baked that day.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The only memorable part for me today was Diane breezing in to tell Traci she’d been hanging with one of Ashley’s alters. That sounds like a great name for a band. Ashley’s Alters. Traci wouldn’t appreciate it though.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

Another day, another bucket of shit, thanks CBS, thanks Josh!

So riddle me this folks: Cole and Mop walk up to the storage unit door, but, but, but, Cole does not need a KEY to open the damn door? What the actual fuck people? Why hide, and then find, THE KEY, at the motel, when you don't even USE THE KEY at the actual storage unit?! Why O Why is this show so poorly mis-written and misdirected?!? And that dead body was over Cleve's legs, she was unbound and could have easily, EASILY!!! pushed that body off her, then opened the damned door, since, yanno, it apparently did not require an actual KEY to open it. Gah! Make.It.Make.Sense. Please, that's all we ask Josh.

The vacant staring off into space by the Turtleneck of Virility is growing worse. It's like they're projecting EB's lines onto the ceiling because that's where his stare always ends up. And dont get me started on the way he punches nonsense into his phone with his index finger like he's making HUGE GLOBAL DECISIONS. Just, no!

• Like 6
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, tessaray said:

So, I don't think this is Retro enough for the other topic but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

As a returnee who missed the backstory of many current plots, I found it fascinating today to see that Pluto TV is showing stories from 2021. Chelsea has just been released from the mental institution and wants to go take care of her mom, while Victor nixes taking Conner with her. Victoria is in scenes with some guy named Ashland Locke (he's sick?) and there is Harrison's real mom in the park, with Sally flirting with Jack, of all people.  Also, Sharon - is she married to this Ray guy? Anyway, Y&R has its own channel on Pluto and it's free, so I'll probably watch some more of them. 

Thanks!  I just got the firestick and will spend an unproductive day tomorrow catching up rather than going to the gym.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Victor, in being an excellent businessman, has mastered the art of reading people’s faces and body language.  Or in there words, read the room. Victor makes the accusation that he knows where Claire/Eve is being held and sees on Auntie Jordan’s face that he is correct. This is a soap opera, so, for an instant, I thought the storage locker would be a red herring.  I’m glad Claire/Eve is alive and can account fit what happened to her but, what I find most aggravating is that the dead woman is only mentioned in passing with no explanation of who she was or why she was there.  Was she an accomplice of Auntie Jordan helping to abduct Claire/Eve and Harrison?  Inquiring minds should have to wait for answers. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is it possible for Melissa Claire Egan to do ANY scene without bawling her eyes out?

As obnoxious as she is, she's still better than chirpy Chloe

18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

did she not think Vic was gonna be calling after her?

After this bender TGVN will put a micro chip in her while she's passed out.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

the same kind of doll that was in the room Nikki was locked in

So I checked through past episodes, and there was a doll sitting on the bed when Nikki comes to in the room Jordan had locked her in back in E33, but it's not the same doll that Victoria and Cole find in E143 - the doll from E33 was blonde and wore a green outfit, the doll from E143 had red hair and wore a red outfit - - one interesting tie-in for those two episodes is that there is a scene in the GCAC Neil Winters Jazz Lounge in E33, and the piano player from that scene is the same one in the "Ashley O'Hara" scene in E143, except he had two lines in E143 and none in E33.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
33 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

It's like they're projecting EB's lines onto the ceiling because that's where his stare always ends up.

It's not easy remembering your lines when your 80+ years old and you've been through a serious battle with cancer, so I can give EB some slack - and Y&R is not the first show to accommodate an actor by having their lines displayed on cue cards off-camera - also, I think that the reason why EB always has a rather halting delivery to his lines is because he's memorized his lines in German and then has to mentally retranslate them into English to deliver them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Was she an accomplice of Auntie Jordan helping to abduct Claire/Eve and Harrison?  Inquiring minds should have to wait for answers. 

I think it comes under the show business adage to always leave the audience wanting more.

• LOL 4
54 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Victoria is in scenes with some guy named Ashland Locke (he's sick?)

Sick, he's . . . but I won't ruin it for you by telling you what becomes of poor, old Ashland.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Traci's powers of persuasion must be impressive to get Ashley's therapist friend to make an ersatz housecall across an ocean and half a continent. Hi, Alan!

Interesting how Belle can tone down the Southern accent at will. I thought sure Diane was onto her at the coffeehouse but maybe not.

Yeah, if that doll where the keys were hidden was indeed Jordan's IMO it's extra absurd the crime scene investigators glossed over it and left it there.

So Ashley realizing the fight with Tucker didn't happen the way she thought is what triggered the DID. Ehhh. Fragile much?

Victor had a easy chair in front of the wine cellar jail like he was going to watch a show on TV or something. And enjoy a lovely glass of vino. This guy.

Ugh, who was that dead person on Claire in the storage unit? I thought that was a needlessly macabre detail to add to the moment.

Lol, Diane must've speed-raced Ashley back to the Abbott manse. But wait, what? Diane knew she was talking to an alter back at the coffee shop?

Tea, Victoria? How about a doctor? Claire had been drugged, cooped in a dank storage unit with a corpse, and likely hadn't eaten for days. Bad mommy!

For a second Victor looked a tad skeptical of Claire's story. Right there with you, Victor. Too convenient to me.

Hmm, did Abby know she was talking to Belle? Surely she noticed how much her mommy didn't seem like her usual self.

KMN. Lauren and Michael mentioned that person from B&B who's supposed to be dead. Don't do it, JG/CBS. Leave her in L.A., dead or alive.

Jordan, I am totally over you. AFAIC you no longer serve a storyline purpose. How much longer will this drag out????!!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

KMN. Lauren and Michael mentioned that person from B&B who's supposed to be dead. Don't do it, JG/CBS. Leave her in L.A., dead or alive.

If Nine Toes makes her way back to the Y and R I can’t see me watching anymore. As it is I’m thinking it’s time to cancel B&B, it’s terrible.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Traci's powers of persuasion must be impressive to get Ashley's therapist friend to make an ersatz housecall across an ocean and half a continent.

hmmm, could there be a back story there - could Dr. Laurent have some nefarious reason for wanting to re-connect with Ashley - - maybe it'll turn out that he's desperate to find a potential heart-lung-liver donor for the love of his life and he's going to try to get close enough to Ashley to get a DNA sample from her, even if it means having to crawl into bed with one of her alters.

1 minute ago, Chatty Cake said:

If Nine Toes makes her way back to the Y and R

I'm thinking that now that Finn and Deacon have found her, they'd better count her toes, because who knows how many Sheila-clones may be out there in the world.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

More musings on today's episode:

How long ago was Victoria last with Billy? Her immediately remembering those storage unit keys was a stretch to me. (Good thing I didn't place my bet on what those keys were for. Oops! 🥴)

I don't understand why Diane was grilling Ashley. What did she hope to accomplish? Ashley hates her and Diane's gloating wasn't going to change that.

If Alan can afford to be an expat in Paris one would think he wouldn't be so impressed by a first class plane ticket.

Sigh, today's Y&R was a panorama of poorly pasted-over plot holes to me.

Are we taking bets on how long Jordan will be in the cage? At the rate they're going, I expect her to be out by next Tuesday. If that long. Show should keep her in the cage for at least six months. But it doesn't seem like Josh's attention span can last that long.

At the rate this mess has been going I expect Jordan to be getting taunting visits from Victor for at least another month. Tomorrow will begin the May sweeps period and shows like Y&R typically want to try to attract new viewers by having their characters do compelling stuff. (🙄) JG seems good at keeping multiple plates spinning at the same time by recycling the dialogue. Another few weeks of Jordan's supervillain b.s. would be light work for him.

If Nine Toes makes her way back to the Y and R I can’t see me watching anymore. As it is I’m thinking it’s time to cancel B&B, it’s terrible.

Ditto. I dropped B&B like a hot rock when she showed up a few years ago and I'd do the same to Y&R. I won't pay to watch DOOL but GH might be interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, boes said:

Harrison - and us - are stuck with that screaming banshee mutant offspring of Phyllis's, Dummer, as his mother. 

"screaming banshee mutant offspring," what a way with words you have, boes - - do you think this movie title would sell tickets: "Screaming Banshee Mutant Offspring of the Creature from the Black Lagoon," or, how about this one: "The Screaming Banshee Mutant Offspring That Devoured Scranton."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

GH might be interesting

To have a life that has spanned from a time when soap operas ruled the daytime airwaves to a time when they've dwindled down to three - GH, Y&R, and BB, and DOOL, if I feel like subscribing to Peacock - where have all my stories gone?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

NINE TOES???????????????

Well, it involved a BB storyline about someone who wanted to fake their own death, so they cut off one of their one of their toes because they assumed, apparently correctly, that when the local authorities found that tow, they would be stupid enough to accept a lone toe as evidence that the person the toe had been attached too must be dead.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
27 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I,m almost afraid to ask:  NINE TOES???????????????

I bet you immediately thought of Phyllis, didn't you?  I know I did.

It's not hard to imagine Phyllis biting one off in a fit of rage.  Or hunger.  You never know.......

• Fire 1
  • LOL 14