Type keyword(s) to search

Stargirl in the Media: The Blue Valley Times

• Start Topic

On 10/5/2021 at 4:56 PM, Lantern7 said:

Just checking . . . any news about WPIX (New York) preempting tonight’s episode for the wild card playoff? My schedule looks normal on cable, but I’m wary.

I usually record the show from that station (my time shift station. Other choice is KTLA). No Canadian networks have picked up the show. I check my DVR guide the day of the show and adjust to KTLA.

I know the cast and crew can't talk about it, but they must have already started filming Season 3, right? They'd have to for episodes to be ready by mid-season. The last scheduling announcement from CW that mentioned Stargirl said midseason, but maybe it will run in the summer again.

DVD/Blu-ray info for Season 2:

It’s time to suit up and get ready to face the darkness, as DC’s Stargirl: The Complete Second Season comes to Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital on February 8, 2022. The Warner Bros. Home Entertainment release includes all 13 episodes from the Season 2, plus a featurette and gag reel.

Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E. Confront Pat's Past in Arrowverse Crossover

DC Comics is offering The Earth-Prime 6 issue Comic Book series, an Arrowverse Crossover Event featuring "canon" TV versions of your favorite CW Superheroes "Batwoman, Superman & Lois, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, and The Flash. Each superhero is highlighted in their own issue before coming together in an epic conclusion in Issue 6.

0222DC038.jpg
Earth-Prime #1 is "Batwoman" on April 5th.
Ever since the tech that created many of Batman's rogues hit the streets, Ryan Wilder has been running herself ragged trying to contain the new villains popping up around Gotham City. But when Clayface's mud binds itself to a local high schooler, Batwoman will need help from an unexpected source to contain this muddy foe! Also, follow how Luke Fox balances his life as a superhero and a boyfriend!
Earth-Prime-1-Batwoman-Main_61eb7ed0e9e6

0222DC040.jpg
Earth-Prime #2 is "Superman & Lois" on April 19th. 
A story spotlighting Clark Kent and Lois Lane's first anniversary. Plus, the true origins of the evil Superman from John Henry Irons' world are finally revealed!
0222DC039_2.jpeg

FQ-Q2ZIVcAACKur-1.jpg
Earth-Prime #3 is "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" on May 3rd. 
Ray Palmer assembling the retired Legends for one last go-round after he learns Mick Rory's Necrian children have been kidnapped by a group of mysterious Necrian assassins. Some "former teammates" might also be making an appearance.
0322DC047.jpg
Earth-Prime #4 is "Stargirl" on May 17th.
the Dugan-Whitmore family vacation in full swing, but something sinister lurks in the woods, stalking Pat Dugan. Can Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. face down the threat from Pat's past and preserve their summer trip, or will it come to a tragic end?
Earth-Prime-Stargirl-4-3.jpg

Earth-Prime #5 is "The Flash" on June 7th.
When Barry Allen and Iris West go out of town for a much-needed vacation in 2049, Bart and Nora are left to stay out of trouble in Central City. With their parents gone, Bart begs Nora to let him go on patrol and really be a hero, but Nora refuses, saying it's too dangerous without Barry there. But when one of Bart's classmates at Central City University starts causing trouble, how can Impulse not leap into action?
2100574_xl.jpg

Earth-Prime #6 "Hero's Twilight" on June 21st. 
Arrowverse CW Superhero Crossover. A force arises that wants to free humanity from their dependency on "Superheroes".

CW released it's Fall schedule (no premiere dates yet), and Stargirl Season 3 will air this Fall - the only DC/comic show in the Fall - on Wednesdays.

DC'S STARGIRL returns for its third season of adventures in Blue Valley on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT), followed by the third season of KUNG FU (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT).

Man, this is the second summer show I watch that has been pushed to fall. ☹️

Casting news:

'Stargirl Adds Seth Green in Recast'

The almighty (if unpredictable) Thunderbolt may sound a bit different when he next materializes on DC’s Stargirl.

TVLine has learned that for Season 3 of the CW superhero team-up series, Robot Chicken co-creator and prolific voice actor Seth Green will help bring the pink, wish-granting genie to life.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Any reason why Jim Gaffigan isn’t voicing T-Bolt? Given Seth’s work on Family Guy and Robot Chicken, I’d say he’ll be good in the role.

Dunno - No reason was given in that article. Usually it's scheduling issues or another project for the actor.

Stargirl and STRIPE in the artwork for this year's Comic-Con bags:

... Jim Lee, Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC, has created two designs for this year’s must-have collectible swag holder, featuring more than 50 characters from across the DC Multiverse. ...

SDCC-2022-Bags-Jim-Lee_62b9e0bfa56b52.83018534.jpg

The actual promo, for those who missed it.  Looks like Pat has decided to join Sylvester in the beard club, plus it looks like he and Sylvester enjoy goofing off since STRIPE is following Sylvester in the flying scene.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sylvester: "It's time to level up!"

Anyone who watched the latest season of The Flash: (breaking out into twitching and/or tears)

Looks like fun. Can't wait to see if Shade is high-class snark like last season.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Yeaaahhh, they're probably going to mostly handwave it, but the Injustice Society should be in prison, even if they're trying to reform.

But hey, Cameron is finally embracing his ice powers - and Courtney!

I wonder how long Starman will actually be in Blue Valley? I doubt they have McHale for the whole season.

A couple more interviews with Brec Bassinger:

At DC: 'Brec Bassinger Teases New Teammates, Neighbors and Romance'

I love the Crocks. I think they might be, if not my favorite characters, definitely some of my favorite characters in our show. Just the little tendencies they have. They've been villains for so long, they just can't help but have those thoughts. Watching them fight that is just so funny to me. Now that they’re our neighbors, I love the newfound relationship between Tigress and Barbara. And then Pat and Sportsmaster. Their relationship as neighbors is so fun to me, and there is a lot of good stuff throughout the season with that.

Looper: 'Brec Bassinger Talks Stargirl Season 3, Joel McHale, And The Show's Undecided Future'

I love those scenes. We have quite a few scenes this season where we're sitting around the cafeteria table game planning. Those were always some of my favorite scenes, because we've gotten close off screen, and it almost feels like when we're filming those, "Yes, we're working together as a team" — the JSA and the show. But our characters [had] to work together as a team to get through that scene and use each other's energy to make it the best possible work. I truly believe life reflects art in a lot of ways.

Has there been any talk on how The CW merger might affect the future of the show? Do you know if the writers have taken this into consideration this season when it comes to the season finale and planning for the future?

We're so lucky ... So many things are up in the air, and we're keeping our fingers crossed. But [our showrunner] definitely protected the end, where regardless of the future, fans can feel happy, and they've got a good ending either way.

Figured this was coming after the merger.  Honestly, I'll be very surprised if any CW show is left standing after next year.  At least it sounds like the writers knew this might the final one and planned ahead.  But I'm still bummed that this will be the last we will see of these characters (at least in this iteration.)  Hope the cast finds new gigs soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not surprised because of the new ownership and also because if it had been renewed they should have decided that long ago because I'm sure the cast's contracts expired months ago (not based on any insider information but because of how long ago they must have finished filming season 3 based on the time between seasons of this show).

Yeah, disappointed but not surprised.

I think it was revealed now, because this would be around the time that they would start filming the next season.

I think it'd be cool if Stargirl had a guest appearance on one of the remaining DC shows.

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Honestly, I'll be very surprised if any CW show is left standing after next year. 

I feel like it will be the top 3 shows at most.  None of them making it wouldn't surprise me either.

• Love 1

I've got to be honest, this is the only CW show I'm going to miss.  Well, maybe Riverdale, but  at least it was allowed to run its course.  I think Stargirl has a lot in the tank yet that won't get to play out.  At least we won't have to watch it die a slow, boring death. 

I still think the first season was the best.  It had the biggest budget, and it shows.  Seems like there's a lot more talking and less action now.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:30 PM, Trini said:

I think it'd be cool if Stargirl had a guest appearance on one of the remaining DC shows.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not:

Spoiler

Stargirl is supposed to appear on Titans this season. There’s no confirmation of whether it’s this Stargirl or if there’s another version that exists on the Titans earth.

• Useful 1

Anjelika Washington did a takeover of the show's instagram and she posted a bunch of behind-the-scenes photos and video for the finale: https://www.instagram.com/cwstargirl/

---

At DC, this opinion piece: 'A Stargirl Goodbye'

“The Stargirl fan panel is still going on for another five minutes. Do you want to crash it?” I asked. Anjelika and Trae were both thrilled with the idea. I walked them to the location where the panel was being held, where the two actors surprised a room filled with their fans. This was an awesome moment to witness. Trae and Anjelika’s faces lit up when they saw all the fans celebrating their show. The fans also loved the intimate encounter with the stars of their favorite show.

Series finale recap and interview with Geoff Johns at TVLine:

... Someday I might go into what would’ve happened in [a potential] Season 4, but knowing that we were most likely ending with Season 3 it was always designed to do that. There was an idea in the very final scene [via] a little bit of different dialogue that was going to propel us to a Season 4 story, but I altered it to act as a closing chapter. But there’s nothing in the episode that would’ve dramatically changed.

... In the world of the story it means that the JSA goes on forever. And these wonderful characters have great lives and their adventures continue. We were just able to present you with a handful of the early years. But they went on to become the world’s greatest superheroes. And then in the world of the viewers, it’s never the end because there are always the memories we have. ...

Interview with Geoff Johns and Brec Bassinger at The Flash Podcast:

Geoff Johns: Well, we knew it could be the end so early on, which is why the season is designed the way it is. But it was still emotional to shoot it and emotional to write. I loved writing it because I knew exactly where it needed to go and where it was going to go, and I was super excited about all those scenes. There’s only one scene that was cut, but it’s going to be on the Blu-Ray, which I’m excited about.

Also audio here: https://youtu.be/SqSrRx5Rbfw