Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob's past and present collide when his ex-wife, Lorraine, is admitted to Abishola's hospital. Also, Christina recruits Kofo for a project to rename the sock colors.

Airdate: 03/16/2020

58 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Bob's past and present collide when his ex-wife, Lorraine, is admitted to Abishola's hospital.

Aw shucks. I can't be the only one who thought "Sock Wife!" was referring to some kind of shot-gun/ICE wedding. (I forgot about the "next week" scenes.)

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Also, Christina recruits Kofo for a project to rename the sock colors.

I hope naming the sock colors is as much fun as I'm imagining.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Aw shucks. I can't be the only one who thought "Sock Wife!" was referring to some kind of shot-gun/ICE wedding. (I forgot about the "next week" scenes.)

Sock wife sounds like a man drawing a face on his sock before masturbating with it.

• LOL 7
58 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Sock wife sounds like a man drawing a face on his sock before masturbating with it.

Or an instruction manual for spousal abuse?

ETA - now that I think about it, and recall the previews, maybe the double meaning was intentional.

Edited by SoMuchTV
further thoughts...
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

ETA - now that I think about it, and recall the previews, maybe the double meaning was intentional

Referring to ex-wife and likely future wife (not to masturbatory sock puppets or abusive spouses socking it to each other), right?

🤔😏😐

2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Referring to ex-wife and likely future wife (not to masturbatory sock puppets or abusive spouses socking it to each other), right?

🤔😏😐

Actually thinking of fantasy about ex-wife. Trying to ignore the image of sock puppets. 

• LOL 1

I liked the running gag of Kemi running down the stairs not once, but twice, to tell Abishola about Sock Wife! That woman is fast, lol. 

I guess this means we'll be seeing more of Bob's ex? 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I liked the running gag of Kemi running down the stairs not once, but twice, to tell Abishola about Sock Wife!

And then the third time was Abishola running down the stairs 
--which is the "Rule-of-Threes establishes a pattern and then ends with something unexpected" (kenlevine.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-comedy-rule-of-3s.html)
which is an old classic because it works so well. 
Some psychololgy/neuroscience student should do a dissertation on why this is so funny.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

What a strange episode. It felt incomplete, and more like a setup of things to come. I don't know how to feel about the implied Christina x Kofo romance, it feels too on the nose.

I was surprised to see how nice Bob's ex wife was, and of course this change in dynamic is necessary: up until this point it was Bob putting in the effort, it was him making all the compromises, but now Abishola will be the one who has to fight for Bob's affection, which will show how much she cares. I am curious to see if the show can pull it off succesfully.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I can't stop seeing her as the Vancome Lady and Antonia from MadTV and many other hilarious characters from that show along with Holly from Queens.

Me too re: Nicole Sullivan.

I got the feeling the show is trying to set up a threat to Bob's and Abishola's relationship in Nicole's character.  Maybe even a triangle.  Ughh, every tired old trick in the book.

Still, I didn't hate this episode.  I did find the running up and down stairs a bit tedious and didn't get the point.  And yeah, Bob's sister's character is a caricature and I'm just not feeling it.  Ditto with her "hitting it off" with her subordinate.  Ick, not kosher.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Weakest episode so far. 

I can see why you might feel that way (e.g., a lot of screen time spent running down stairs) but it might have been my favorite episode (except that I loathe love triangles). Although I’m not sure about the boss’s (Bob’s) sister getting involved with an employee, and I’m not sure how bad the optics will be for yet another white American-Nigerian romance in this one show with a small-ish cast, I still loved the whole premise of the Crayola sock color naming and how cute the 2 actors were together. But is there going to be a Cease and Desist lawsuit from Crayola as a result, either in or about the show?  Anyway, mileage varies, especially WRT humor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've noticed that Chuck Lorre has a group of actors that he uses in his various shows. Sometimes they play different characters in different seasons of the shows.  Judy Greer, Kelly Stables, Missy Pyle, Jaime Pressly, Sara Rue, Nicole Sullivan, to name a few.  I appreciate his loyalty to them. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Oh and they are running a repeat of B hearts A this Thursday in Carol's Second Chance time slot for some reason. 

CBS is scrambling to fill all the "March Madness" slots.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

CBS usually keeps episodes available on demand for five weeks after the broadcast.  And much longer if you have All Access.  I think you can still watch it there through Sunday, March 22 (I have All Access so the whole season is still available to me).