Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09/E10: Open Warfare/Mano A Mano

The Bone Collector's name and face are all over the news. Staying one step ahead of the team, The Bone Collector puts his ultimate revenge plan into action by targeting those closest to Lincoln, including Amelia.

Lincoln is forced to save his son Camden by putting himself at risk and confronting the Bone Collector in a deadly faceoff.

And so the season ends . . . 

Original air date 2020.03.13

Episode 10: Mano a Mano also aired. Original air date 2020.03.13. The weird thing was I couldn't tell where one episode ended and the other began. I will save any comments for the episode 10 thread.

Well if it does come back it should be up to us to re-title this nonsense. It can't be: Lincoln R hunt for bone collector anymore.

any ideas?

LR: hunt for car destroyer???

• LOL 1

Way to clean out the shop for next season, right, show?  If there is one.  NYPD personnel must be working overtime to clean up the dead folks' records for survivor benefits and such.

First incident - Although she was likely going to bleed out anyway, how about this?  If the steam vent comes on when she stands up, then don't stand up.  Roll off the chair and continue rolling to the side of the ring. 

Don't these cops have any sense of situational awareness?  After she got killed, you would think Saledo (sp?) would be extra careful, but he goes and leaves his car unlocked at nighttime, allowing the BC easy access.  That is, of course, unless the BC naturally has a collection of master keys for all vehicles in NYC.

Great search of the cafe' there.  Let's look everywhere except under the tables, where there's a couple of wires running out of the chair.  And who was supposed to be guarding Lincoln while this was going on? How did the BC get entrance into his house?

Who names their cafe' after a deadly poison?

Well, of course 'Chekov's Respiratory Disability' made its reappearance at the properly critical time.  And of course the PD blew their sirens all the way down the street, allowing the BC to escape. 

Agent Eric proved his worth by parking right behind the other car, instead of putting some distance between the two of them, as he was rightly suspicious.  Too little, too late. However, I would like to know, 1) who was sitting in the driver position of the front car while the rookie was waiting in the passenger seat (and where did he go), and, 2) once the BC got in the back to garrotte him, how did he get out?  PD back doors don't open from the inside.

With all that whining, I have to say I did like the way Lincoln turned the tables on the BC at the very end.

2 hours ago, rhys said:

LR: hunt for car destroyer???

Lincoln Rhymes:  The Hunt for Plot Continuity

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

And who was supposed to be guarding Lincoln while this was going on? How did the BC get entrance into his house?

That was totally unrealistic, the two tech people should have been there, they heard Amelia say she was going to the diner, they should have both rushed Lincoln back to his apartment to provide her with support and analyze the clues.

I thought Castillo and Amelia were going to be an item, he seemed kind of interested in her in one episode.

Lincoln's kid and his mother coming back to town on the day that the Bone Collector is "wildin' out" is just so "TV".

I liked the FBI lady, I wish they would have kept her around. She fit in well and really seemed to support the team dynamic. It might have been a great way to expand the scope (geographical location) of the show and the serial killers they encounter. Lincoln could stay in New York while the rest of the team could be in the field. We already know the camera works well over long distances.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I liked the FBI lady, I wish they would have kept her around.

She's a semi-regular on 9-1-1. I guess she was just looking for a paycheck while 9-1-1 was on hiatus.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Mysteyman said:

So, Th is mystery voice on the phone  was that supposed to be a  killer from one of the other books?

Here's a list of the whole series, pick one:

The Lincoln Rhyme Series:
The Bone Collector (1997)
The Coffin Dancer (1998)
The Empty Chair (2000)
The Stone Monkey (2002)
The Vanished Man (2003)
The Twelfth Card (2005)
The Cold Moon (2006)
The Broken Window (2008)
The Burning Wire (2010)
The Kill Room (2013)
The Skin Collector (2014)
The Steel Kiss (2016)
The Burial Hour (2017)
The Cutting Edge (2018)

• Useful 1

I've only watched a few episodes, but one would think that Lincoln knew the history about everything in NYC, including every little nook and cranny in every building or bridge.  It's ridiculous.

And laughable.

9 hours ago, preeya said:

Here's a list of the whole series, pick one:

The Lincoln Rhyme Series:
The Bone Collector (1997)
The Coffin Dancer (1998)
The Empty Chair (2000)
The Stone Monkey (2002)
The Vanished Man (2003)
The Twelfth Card (2005)
The Cold Moon (2006)
The Broken Window (2008)
The Burning Wire (2010)
The Kill Room (2013)
The Skin Collector (2014)
The Steel Kiss (2016)
The Burial Hour (2017)
The Cutting Edge (2018)

I have read most of the books, I just wanted to  be sure that I didn't miss anything.

I kind of like the idea that each season is a different book and gets a different title based on that book.

I enjoyed the 2 part finale even though I knew Eric was going to end dead. His death was telegraphed the minute he said he'd protect Lincoln's family.  It's a shame because i really grew to like him.

For me Amelia is the weak link in the chain. Her emotional reactions are just too over the top. Like in the boxing ring, maybe they could have figured something out or maybe it was already too late (as I understand it guy wounds kill slowly but, the big damage is from the organs and intestinal bacteria. However,  Amelia's overly emotional reaction and stupidity lesd to the FBI Agent's suicide.  Yes, it was dramatic but the whole thing was stupid and pointless too.

At least she wasn't stupid with the bomb at the diner. I swear when the cop got off the other bench and left i couldn't understand why Amelia was still trying to diffuse the bomb?! Glad that ended up being a fake out.

I enjoyed watching the show, it's fine a Friday night show, give me something to watch on Saturday's. I'll watch if it gets another season

• Love 7
On 3/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Mysteyman said:

i don't expect to  see this series again.

I wish  that they had chosen a better way to wrap up their story.

I actually think it was perfect. They left it open with a new killer for next season. The Lincoln Rhyme series (see above) is extensive and has many killers to chase. The TV series is different enough to keep it interesting.

And as far as Siletto needing to be more situationally aware, yeah, that was disappointing. As was Eric stopping in the middle of nowhere. That was a horrible piece of the plot bc NO ONE does that!

• Love 2
On 3/14/2020 at 1:23 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Way to clean out the shop for next season, right, show?  If there is one.  NYPD personnel must be working overtime to clean up the dead folks' records for survivor benefits and such.

First incident - Although she was likely going to bleed out anyway, how about this?  If the steam vent comes on when she stands up, then don't stand up.  Roll off the chair and continue rolling to the side of the ring. 

Don't these cops have any sense of situational awareness?  After she got killed, you would think Saledo (sp?) would be extra careful, but he goes and leaves his car unlocked at nighttime, allowing the BC easy access.  That is, of course, unless the BC naturally has a collection of master keys for all vehicles in NYC.

Great search of the cafe' there.  Let's look everywhere except under the tables, where there's a couple of wires running out of the chair.  And who was supposed to be guarding Lincoln while this was going on? How did the BC get entrance into his house?

With all that whining, I have to say I did like the way Lincoln turned the tables on the

BC at the very end.

I agree with all of your points but I'm really struck on the detail of the cafe's name, that seems really ridiculous.

I've seen plenty 50s decor theme diners, but that cafe name, it would be like a 1940s noir diner and I've not seen that and if one exists, you would see some type of noir decor-Sam Spade stuff, not typically dark and leathery, generic diner decor.

Nice about the watch clue.  I think Eric could have spit out saying my watch, but dying and talking a bit coherently was apparently too hard and it worked for the plot's drama.

11 hours ago, jabRI said:

I missed it, how did the killer get paralyzed? was that lincoln?

The camera, probably that super long pin on it that made it seem even less probable.

I did like that they used the camera trick. I enjoyed the season, not the greatest show, but it was fine.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:23 AM, Dowel Jones said:

On 3/16/2020 at 11:56 PM, eyesopen said:

I agree with all of your points but I'm really struck on the detail of the cafe's name, that seems really ridiculous.

The name of the café is Nightshade Café. What is wrong with that? Nightshades is a family of plants that also includes tomatoes, bell peppers and potatoes.