Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Okay, good. Some comments were confusing me. 

I still hold out hope for a final BotB between Hayden/Nicole and Jocasta/Zach with the winning pair getting back into the house. It fits the theme!!

I don't know what BotB means.  I assume it is going to be as it was last season.  All do endurance and the last remaining returnee will remain in the game.  What I don't remember is, are they safe for a week.  Anyone remember?

Since this cast is convinced that no one is coming back into the game it should be delightful to see their faces and quick scramble to hug and "love" that they are back!  And the returnees will do the same because they are back playing the game the minute they enter the house.  All will be forgiven.  Well, until the comp is over.

Zach ruptured his eardrum when he was a kid but apparently it gives him trouble from time to time.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I don't know what BotB means.  I assume it is going to be as it was last season.  All do endurance and the last remaining returnee will remain in the game.  What I don't remember is, are they safe for a week.  Anyone remember?

Jessie, Helen and Candice all fell so Judd automatically made it back in. He was then competing for HOH with the rest of the house, but Elissa caught ten balls. If Judd had caught ten balls and Candace, Jessie and Helen did not fall he would of made it in the house and won HOH.

• Love 1

wings707: BOTB is Battle of the Block

He will be interviewed by Julie. They will do the Eviction and then interview him. Then I'm sure tell him that he is going to be playing to go back in . It will go to commercial and we will then be shown footage from the Jury house and then they will prolly bring the jurors back into the house, reunion with houseguests and then the competition.

Wasn't there one year when the evicted houseguest went to leave and the door was locked? I really want to see Zach's interview with Julie so I hope they do actually let him leave, then somehow get all the jurors into the backyard to compete.

I don't know what BotB means. 

BotB = Battle of the Block. Wishful thinking in this case, I think - Julie already said on the broadcast show the last BotB (which Donny won) was the last of the season.

I assume it is going to be as it was last season.  All do endurance and the last remaining returnee will remain in the game.  What I don't remember is, are they safe for a week.  Anyone remember?

If it's like last season:

1. The Jury HGs are playing the same endurance comp as the regular HGs, but segregated.

2. Last one standing among the Jury HGs returns to the game as a regular HG.

3. If the endurance comp for the regular HGs is still ongoing when the Jury HG comp is decided, then the Jury re-entry winner keeps playing without interruption as his/her gameplay immediately segues into the regular HG comp.

4. The Jury winner is now playing for HOH along with the rest of the regular HGs.

So - the returnee can be safe - but only if s/he wins HOH.

Zach ruptured his eardrum when he was a kid but apparently it gives him trouble from time to time.

Thanks - I'd missed that explanation along the way. I was wondering if CBS might not be paying out an extra half-million, if the eardrum damage was related to a BB competition. :)

Wasn't there one year when the evicted houseguest went to leave and the door was locked? I really want to see Zach's interview with Julie so I hope they do actually let him leave, then somehow get all the jurors into the backyard to compete.

Yes, but that was not a competition to get back in.  If I recall correctly, they just left Frank in the game as a "reset".  They also locked the door in season 9, but instead of being safe, the HG voted to still evict that person in exchange for a mystery returning HG.  That's how Crazy James got back in the game in S9.

I think this will be just like last year.  I think the voiceover at the end of last night was more specific like jurors compete for one of them to get back in the game.

Tim posted on twitter that someone was on Reddit pretending to be him so might not be him unless he did that after.

Yeah, there was a fake one and real one. The moderator verified his identity for the real AMA.

Did Amber leave her stuff on purpose, or did Caleb abscond with it, and has now lost track of it in his obsession with the bunny slippers?

I forgot that Zach was on medication for his eardrum.  I almost posted about how Victoria's non-presence in last night's show was due to her taking Rx pain meds for her vanity induced headaches, but the I realized that might be considered a spoiler in the episode thread.  I think some folks over there just want to know what is in the broadcast episodes, and extra information gleaned from the feeds is frowned on.  So I brought the comment here.

This random thought occurred to me last night. Next time Derrick says someone is taking food out of his daughter's mouth, I'd like to hear Donny mention that he has elderly parents and a disabled brother to take care of, so how about just knocking that crap off.

• Love 16

Jokers:

Vic heads to BR, turns on water, and checks herself out in a mirror. Leaves water running. NT

Really?!  This girl is very strange.  Never have my kids ever done this or left the fridge door open while they prepared food or made a trip to the pantry. . 

Earlier she poured a glass of milk, took a sip, and then left it on the counter. It makes me wonder if her parents employ a full-time housekeeper. Either that or her mother constantly picks up after her.

I've never seen so many people leave water running while they go about their business but every season there are multiple HGs that do. I recall many from years past that would turn the sink on and then go use the restroom while it ran, I presume to drown out the noise of them peeing. I am so shocked that this season in particular Production hasn't reprimanded them because of the drought.

ETA: Do we think they all have live in help or moms/wives who clean up after them? Because these people are all super lazy!

Edited by peachmangosteen

Just saw a photo of the Jurors comp. Looks like

the remaining houseguests aren't playing. So either they are going to be HoH. Or they will

Play it after or tomorrow. If anyone else sees the photo what do you think it is a balance thing or something?

• Love 1

Well shit, there's a pic going around of the jury comp and it looks like Production is fucking us over once again. First with there being a completely separate comp for the jury and the fact that it looks like a crapshoot type comp. They better not rig that shit for Zach! Him returning won't do anything to change this boring season. It's like they want the show to be predictable or something.

• Love 1

There are boxes in each corner.  Looks like they may have to roll something and land as close to the center as possible.  So help me if Jocosta wins this I will be in a full frontal snit. 

It could be that this challenge has already taken place elsewhere and we will see a shorter version of it as the HGs watch, too.  They won't show who won in that prefilmed piece.  They will walk in the door in time to take part in the endurance HOH.  OR it looks like a very small set up and we will see it play out.  This will not create a level playing ground though.  The winner will enter the endurance having already competed.  It doesn't look physically taxing but emotionally for sure. 

ETA.  It looks like it takes some skill, not just luck.

Edited by wings707

I'm telling you, this is gonna result in Zach or Jocasta returning and literally (except in the actual sense) nothing changing. LOL this season is the worst!

Although honestly I think I'm most pissed that we're not getting endurance. I love watching those. And it's not lost on me that they aren't doing endurance this week, which would have made sense and been what they'd traditionally do, when Frankie would be unable to compete. They aren't subtle!

ETA: @wings707 they can't have already played it because Zach hasn't been evicted yet.

• Love 2

I think they will have endurance including the winner who returns.  The endurance will go beyond the show and we will be up refreshing JOKERS every 10 seconds.  I will NEVER not get the feeds again.  Bad decision.   There has to be an HOH winner tonight.

Well shit, there's a pic going around of the jury comp and it looks like Production is fucking us over once again. First with there being a completely separate comp for the jury and the fact that it looks like a crapshoot type comp. They better not rig that shit for Zach! Him returning won't do anything to change this boring season. It's like they want the show to be predictable or something.

If Zach returns, he'll be gunning for Frankie this week. I'm sure everyone will be. But these idiots can't even throw a comp properly so I'm sure the little weasel will skate on by without production's interferance.

Now if Derrick goes this week. All would be glorious. Just to have him sit on the block would be fun. I think old mastermind will crumble.

I just don't hold out hope that the returning HG will shake things up. Even if they are HOH. I'll go as far to say that they will be up and out in a week. Derrick will see to it.

ally, it is on the CBS site too.

Zach is having a problem with his ear and it isn't likely that he will be keen enough to win.  Contrary to that, the pain meds could slow him down enough to concentrate.  I doubt he could win the endurance which I think will follow.

There's no way they will have that comp and an endurance comp in the back yard.

That is why I think it has been previously filmed.  If they can take it down during a commercial break then maybe but it seems unlikely.

There is a table with 4 chairs and 4 stools on the side.  Curious.  Could this turn into the HOH comp after returnee wins first leg? 

To me it looks like 4 person centralized shuffleboard and could be played in like 3 minutes.  It also looks like some very small amount of skill, but mostly luck. I think those 4 could play the game and then immediately hop onto the HoH competition contraption post-commercial break.  Then the endurance HoH is to be continued.

I am so torn about going electronics dark and watching this live, or refreshing jokers x 1000.

The biggest impact they will feel is boos from the audience.  When they get home their loved ones will cushion them and dismiss the negative statements as haters.

That’s true in many respects.  They will be able to go to the grocery store or walk through airports without being molested sooner than most of them would like.

However, for the rest of their lives, if they (or employers, or work colleagues, or parents of their future children's playmates) google Christine Big Brother or Frankie Big Brother... what do you think is going to come up?  That’s a really heavy legacy to carry if you sucked.  And I don't mean in a “poor thing, just trusted the wrong person” way, but in a “rape and dismemberment as humor” kind of way.  The tv edit is not what is going to come up when they google themselves. 

If Tim is looking for a MILF, too late -- The Swan went off the air years ago.  Though it’s possible Botched might consider her application. 

I think it is very unlikely anyone this season gets boos.  Last season Aaryn and Amanda did because of the pervasive racism in the house and they were seen in that light.  CBS took a lot of heat in the mainstream media (not just reality show media) for allowing that to go on, so they allowed the audience to show their displeasure by booing.

They only did that after stacking the deck by creating an audience of CBS employees and pre-recording the “live” show.  Any boos or grumbles that were heard were a faint echo of what would legitimately have been directed at them had the show not taken those  deliberate damage control precautions.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3

Right now I am going with after returnee is determined they all proceed to play this game/challeng for HOH. 

There is plenty of room for a hand on the buzzer challenge, too.

Edited by wings707

I'm telling you, this is gonna result in Zach or Jocasta returning and literally (except in the actual sense) nothing changing. LOL this season is the worst!

Although honestly I think I'm most pissed that we're not getting endurance. I love watching those. And it's not lost on me that they aren't doing endurance this week, which would have made sense and been what they'd traditionally do, when Frankie would be unable to compete. They aren't subtle!

ETA: @wings707 they can't have already played it because Zach hasn't been evicted yet.

There are endurance challenges that don't involve hanging off a slanted platform with mud being hurled.  If they did have a hand on buzzer it would favor Donny and isn't that what we all want? 

And yes, it was mentioned that Zach has to play.  I stood corrected.

In theory, I should root for Derrick -- I grew up in RI so there's that, and his ability to manipulate his housemates is impressive -- but I can't. I listened to Rob Has a Podcast today and Rob's sidekick Brian helped me understand why: Derrick is so full of shit that he thinks he can manipulate the audience too. In his diary room confessionals, if Derrick simply relished his accomplishments, rubbed his hands together and owned it, I would say "touché." Instead, he plays earnest and that's what drives me crazy.

• Love 17