Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
MissT

The Windsors: Inside The Royal Dynasty

Who's who in the House of Windsor: Queen Elizabeth II's line of succession

By CNN Staff

Updated 8:26 AM ET, Fri February 14, 2020

For more on the royal family, watch CNN Original Series "The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty" Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Thank you for starting this thread. 😃

The first episode was pretty routine; no new information was provided w/r/t Edward VIII's abdication. We get WWII next week. It will be interesting to see how much they delve into David's Nazi ties.

• Like 1

I am all things Royal Family.    The bad, good and everything else. First show was predictable but lots of interesting facts.  

• Like 3

Yeah, it nothing that I didn't already know. But it was a good episode.  I can't wait to see the next one with David's Nazi ties. 

I didn't know the Czar and King George were cousins, George chose not to give the family asylum, and they were shot to death a year later. The rest was routine, but always interesting to me.

• Like 1

Like others here, I thought the first episode was well done. I did not realize that David had been having problems with his father for years and that Wallis Simpson was already married when David started the affair. As you can probably tell, I do not know that much about English history, but CNN mini-series are a great way to learn about topics, at least getting the overview and the key points. 

On 2/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, cpcathy said:

I didn't know the Czar and King George were cousins,

The Czar, King George, and Kaiser Wilhelm were cousins, and look remarkably alike to me. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why they even made this documentary, The Crown did it better.  And yes, I know The Crown is not 100% accurate, but in these early episodes it's amazing to compare the real life with the drama and see how much they got right. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy

Ugh!!!! Was really looking forward to this all day and find it’s been preempted by stupid Coronavirus programming! This morning CBSs Sunday Morning was nearly entirely, except for like one segment, about virus stuff. Don’t they realize people need to check out and not hear about this junk 24/7? 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I agree 100%. I'm not being a silly person, yes, Corona is very, very important news, but c'mon, CNN--ONE HOUR? I was looking forward to the show.

• Like 5

I recorded it last night and sat down to watch it this morning and more about Coronavirus.  Yes, we need to know what's going on, but we also need to have moments away from it.  I'm trying to limit my news and was looking forward to this.  I wonder when they will air the episode.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

It’s not available for streaming yet, either. 

Probably won't be until after they air it in CNN... 😞

3 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Probably won't be until after they air it in CNN... 😞

Which probably won't be until next Sunday at the earliest. 

I don't know about other TV services but the show is no longer showing up on Xfinity, for this episode or future ones at all. After it didn't air I went in and recorded the next showing of that episode only to see both it and the following episode now changed another thing on Coronavirus and CNN Special Program which I assume is more coronavirus stuff. When I went to look on demand it only had the first four episodes and nothing else listed coming up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know about other TV services but the show is no longer showing up on Xfinity, for this episode or future ones at all. After it didn't air I went in and recorded the next showing of that episode only to see both it and the following episode now changed another thing on Coronavirus and CNN Special Program which I assume is more coronavirus stuff. When I went to look on demand it only had the first four episodes and nothing else listed coming up. 

Ugh!!!! It’s not showing in Cox’s schedule for next Sunday either! Come-on CNN! You are literally nonstop Coronavirus right now! Give it a break for an hour. People will thank you!

Also, CNN, after this, I will be very hesitant to watch any of your Original Series ever again. Last series of yours I watched, The Movies, was preempted one week for “breaking news coverage”(It wasn’t, just the same things they had been talking about all that day) of a shooting that had happened the night before. I would understand if there was actual breaking news, but it never is. It’s always rehashing the same things for hours. Why would I watch one of your series, get excited to see the next installment, only to have it pulled out from under me for something you could air before or after?

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

Last series of yours I watched, The Movies,

OT, but if you liked that series, be sure to watch The Movies That Made Us on Netflix.  It spends an entire hour on just one movie, although they are all newer movies where they have behind the scenes footage.  The episodes are Home Alone, Ghostbusters, Die Hard, and Dirty Dancing with four more episodes due out this year.  I already knew something about the backgrounds of Ghostbusters and Dirty Dancing but Die Hard was really interesting.  I didn't watch the episode on Home Alone because McCaully Culkin makes me gag. 

Back on topic, it's unfortunate that they stopped right before the juicy, gossipy story of Charles and Diana, a story that has not yet been covered by The Crown. Just make sure not to delete the "record this series" from your DVR because it will probably show up when we least expect it. 

• Like 3

Another week, another preemption. Guess the jokes on us for needing a break from everything being all Coronavirus all the time. What makes me mad is they didn’t even announce they series was being preempted this time. Last week they at least out an update on the FB page for CNN original series. They are also not even responding to people asking when or if the episodes will air. Also; why are they not just putting it on demand? They do easily could, but instead have just ghosted the viewers. I will remember this, CNN, next time I see an ad for one of your series.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 5:39 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

Ugh!!!! It’s not showing in Cox’s schedule for next Sunday either! Come-on CNN! You are literally nonstop Coronavirus right now! Give it a break for an hour. People will thank you!

Also, CNN, after this, I will be very hesitant to watch any of your Original Series ever again. Last series of yours I watched, The Movies, was preempted one week for “breaking news coverage”(It wasn’t, just the same things they had been talking about all that day) of a shooting that had happened the night before. I would understand if there was actual breaking news, but it never is. It’s always rehashing the same things for hours. Why would I watch one of your series, get excited to see the next installment, only to have it pulled out from under me for something you could air before or after?

Unfortunately, this is what CNN does. They have these fantastic top quality documentary series that they treat as filler. They do this all the time. Soundtracks only aired an episode or two before it was pre-empted in summer 2016 every time a candidate sneezed. Same thing happened to History of Comedy, but CNN did eventually air all of the remaining episodes, so there's hope. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

but CNN did eventually air all of the remaining episodes, so there's hope. 

I would feel more reassured if they would address it. As it is, no mention of the show has appeared on their social media for two weeks now, even with people asking when it will be back... It’s like they are ghosting us with the series.

• Like 1