Type keyword(s) to search

The Windsors: Inside The Royal Dynasty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Who's who in the House of Windsor: Queen Elizabeth II's line of succession

By CNN Staff

Updated 8:26 AM ET, Fri February 14, 2020

For more on the royal family, watch CNN Original Series "The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty" Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Thank you for starting this thread. 😃

The first episode was pretty routine; no new information was provided w/r/t Edward VIII's abdication. We get WWII next week. It will be interesting to see how much they delve into David's Nazi ties.

• Love 1

Like others here, I thought the first episode was well done. I did not realize that David had been having problems with his father for years and that Wallis Simpson was already married when David started the affair. As you can probably tell, I do not know that much about English history, but CNN mini-series are a great way to learn about topics, at least getting the overview and the key points. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure why they even made this documentary, The Crown did it better.  And yes, I know The Crown is not 100% accurate, but in these early episodes it's amazing to compare the real life with the drama and see how much they got right. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

Ugh!!!! Was really looking forward to this all day and find it’s been preempted by stupid Coronavirus programming! This morning CBSs Sunday Morning was nearly entirely, except for like one segment, about virus stuff. Don’t they realize people need to check out and not hear about this junk 24/7? 

• Love 6

I recorded it last night and sat down to watch it this morning and more about Coronavirus.  Yes, we need to know what's going on, but we also need to have moments away from it.  I'm trying to limit my news and was looking forward to this.  I wonder when they will air the episode.

• Love 3

I don't know about other TV services but the show is no longer showing up on Xfinity, for this episode or future ones at all. After it didn't air I went in and recorded the next showing of that episode only to see both it and the following episode now changed another thing on Coronavirus and CNN Special Program which I assume is more coronavirus stuff. When I went to look on demand it only had the first four episodes and nothing else listed coming up. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know about other TV services but the show is no longer showing up on Xfinity, for this episode or future ones at all. After it didn't air I went in and recorded the next showing of that episode only to see both it and the following episode now changed another thing on Coronavirus and CNN Special Program which I assume is more coronavirus stuff. When I went to look on demand it only had the first four episodes and nothing else listed coming up. 

Ugh!!!! It’s not showing in Cox’s schedule for next Sunday either! Come-on CNN! You are literally nonstop Coronavirus right now! Give it a break for an hour. People will thank you!

Also, CNN, after this, I will be very hesitant to watch any of your Original Series ever again. Last series of yours I watched, The Movies, was preempted one week for “breaking news coverage”(It wasn’t, just the same things they had been talking about all that day) of a shooting that had happened the night before. I would understand if there was actual breaking news, but it never is. It’s always rehashing the same things for hours. Why would I watch one of your series, get excited to see the next installment, only to have it pulled out from under me for something you could air before or after?

• Love 3
On 3/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

Last series of yours I watched, The Movies,

OT, but if you liked that series, be sure to watch The Movies That Made Us on Netflix.  It spends an entire hour on just one movie, although they are all newer movies where they have behind the scenes footage.  The episodes are Home Alone, Ghostbusters, Die Hard, and Dirty Dancing with four more episodes due out this year.  I already knew something about the backgrounds of Ghostbusters and Dirty Dancing but Die Hard was really interesting.  I didn't watch the episode on Home Alone because McCaully Culkin makes me gag. 

Back on topic, it's unfortunate that they stopped right before the juicy, gossipy story of Charles and Diana, a story that has not yet been covered by The Crown. Just make sure not to delete the "record this series" from your DVR because it will probably show up when we least expect it. 

• Love 3

Another week, another preemption. Guess the jokes on us for needing a break from everything being all Coronavirus all the time. What makes me mad is they didn’t even announce they series was being preempted this time. Last week they at least out an update on the FB page for CNN original series. They are also not even responding to people asking when or if the episodes will air. Also; why are they not just putting it on demand? They do easily could, but instead have just ghosted the viewers. I will remember this, CNN, next time I see an ad for one of your series.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2020 at 5:39 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

Ugh!!!! It’s not showing in Cox’s schedule for next Sunday either! Come-on CNN! You are literally nonstop Coronavirus right now! Give it a break for an hour. People will thank you!

Also, CNN, after this, I will be very hesitant to watch any of your Original Series ever again. Last series of yours I watched, The Movies, was preempted one week for “breaking news coverage”(It wasn’t, just the same things they had been talking about all that day) of a shooting that had happened the night before. I would understand if there was actual breaking news, but it never is. It’s always rehashing the same things for hours. Why would I watch one of your series, get excited to see the next installment, only to have it pulled out from under me for something you could air before or after?

Unfortunately, this is what CNN does. They have these fantastic top quality documentary series that they treat as filler. They do this all the time. Soundtracks only aired an episode or two before it was pre-empted in summer 2016 every time a candidate sneezed. Same thing happened to History of Comedy, but CNN did eventually air all of the remaining episodes, so there's hope. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

but CNN did eventually air all of the remaining episodes, so there's hope. 

I would feel more reassured if they would address it. As it is, no mention of the show has appeared on their social media for two weeks now, even with people asking when it will be back... It’s like they are ghosting us with the series.

• Love 3

Different channel, different show, but I assume anyone posting here is a royal watcher: Next Thursday night my PBS station (WTTW Chicago) is airing a documentary called "Charles and Di: The Truth Behind the Wedding".  PBS stations are not necessarily in lockstep, but it's possible yours is airing this sometime soon as well, so look out for it. 

• Useful 1

I scream every time I see a commercial for Sunday's documentary about the Enquirer.  Which, since we are talking about CNN, means I scream a lot.  Every day.  Why are they able to show a new documentary, series, whatever, when they can't finish The Windsors? 

• Love 4

Are you kidding me? They are airing a new series instead of finishing this one? That’s it, I am NEVER watching a CNN original series again. Shame since I loved the Movies and the ones covering the decades.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have no idea if this will do any good, but I thought it was worth sharing. If you have Facebook, post a comment on their page or send them a message saying you want to see the final two episodes of "The Windsors." Most of the comments on their posts about the new series are people asking for the final two episodes of "The Windsors"

https://www.facebook.com/CNNOriginalSeries

Tweeting might work too. If you have twitter tweet @CNNOriginals as well as @CNN and use the hashtag #TheWindsorsCNN

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 1

During the commercials for the Enquirer doc, CNN promoted that the remaining episodes of this series will be shown starting Sun, June 14 at 9pm. How many were left? It seemed like they only showed 2 or 3 of the 6 before the show got preempted

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

On Sunday June 14th, at 9 PM CNN will be airing "Mayors Who Matter: A Conversation on Race," so I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for the rest of the Windsors series.

I’m not holding my breath...  CNN has shot any goodwill I ever held towards it with this. This series started in February. They haven’t aired an episode since March, not even saying if it would be back until two months with NO announcements had passed. They aired a stupid National Enquirer series in that time, and can’t find two hours on a 24 hour channel to finish airing. I am just so mad about this. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I need some escape and entertainment right now, more so then ever, and CNN dangled a series in front of me that my British, royal watching and history buff self was made for, then doesn’t even finish it.

• Love 6

*Sigh* We are never going to get those final 2 episodes.... What makes me mad is that they have been airing episodes of the “United Shades of America” series without a pause. Just shows they can air episodes without stopping, and every time I see them post something about that series it’s like a slap in the face to be reminded we will never get to finish this series.

• Love 2

I'll check mine next week too.

Just a colossal effup on CNN's part. They couldn't spare two more hours (or was it four?) for this show? Yes, COVID is serious, but we all need a wee little break from it!

• Love 3
On 8/25/2020 at 5:16 PM, DanaK said:

My DVR is showing that the last 3 episodes are being shown on Sep 6, so check your local listings

I'm hopeful, but it's too close to the election for my taste. It could easily get bumped for a debate, a speech, or something "big" that happens. I

• Love 1