Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Last Shot

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Red Rock finally opens the doors to its new neurosurgery center and Nic is forced to work alongside Cain again, she, along with the rest of the staff, discover that the center is not everything that was promised. Mina and The Raptor work together with a new surgeon on a heart transplant that has an unexpected result. Meanwhile, after becoming personally involved, Bell asks Conrad to re-examine the three patients who may have been poisoned.

Airdate: 02/18/2020

They might as well have had Cain take the little girl out to the nearest railroad track and tie her down while a locomotive sped towards her.  

I guess Bell's transformation is now complete.  Who would have thought that he'd eventually turn into one of the good guys. 

Liked the heart transplant story.  Had no idea that a heart could be "re-transplanted" like that (not that I advocate using this show as the basis for any medical knowledge, but still.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

As soon as they started hinting towards the clothing, I said "House already did that!"

The thought that an organ recipient might not be a donor kind of made me irrationally angry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Malignant hyperthermia is a genetic condition that causes a reaction to certain anesthetics.  If the girl ever needs surgery again, she should tell her surgeon and anesthesiologist so they can choose an anesthetic that is less likely to cause a reaction, and have ice packs, medication, etc. available in case she does have a reaction.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Are we supposed to draw parallels between Bell, who took responsibility even though it wasn't his fault, and Cain who refused to take responsibility for the mistakes that are his.

I hope that there good notes on that operation and what happened. Nic may need them later.

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

As soon as they started hinting towards the clothing, I said "House already did that!"

I'd forgotten that!  AP Biology, the cause of the seizures.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Zoe said:

I know! When Conrad said (about the toxic clothing) 'I've seen this I before', I said to my husband 'Yeah, on House about 10 years ago'.

Cain needs to be first humiliated, then destroyed.

• Love 2

I don’t understand why they are making Cain so unlikable. I’m sure he wasnt this much of jackass when he first started and now seems to only care about fame and money at the expense of patients. At least we didn’t have to see the Red Rock douche because the both of them together make me want to throw things. 

I’m glad that the supplements weren’t getting the patients sick and that Bell didn’t throw Andrea under the bus. I’m also glad they aren’t making her into a villain because I like her but she’s definitely going to get hurt when AJ and Mina get together. It also seems as if the new nice surgeon is going to be collateral damage. Poor guy.

It was nice seeing Conrad and Devon working together again. It was sad that both heart patients didn’t have family members around them and seemed to only have each other. Nice touch with the professor holding the guy’s hand before they went into surgery. 

• Love 8

Aww so glad everything ended happily! 

It was really nice to see Conrad to the rescue of Bell of all people! Did not think we would be seeing that when I first watched this show in S1.

I don't mind the redemption of Bell. They have worked at it for seasons now so it feels earned. I have seen shows where the use popular characters to randomly declare someone good and a hero instantaneously for plot purposes. The writers at least worked hard on setting up Bell's redemption.

I smiled at the Conrad/Devon hug at the end! So the bromance is back on again after the contrived break up and angst earlier.

Looks like Mina and Raptor are headed for love triangle (square?) territory. Oh Raptor you romantic fool, setting her up with Torres. There seems to be many nice parties involved in this. Eager to see how it will play out.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

TWood & Mellowyellow voiced my thoughts exactly about this episode in addition to Bulldog

14 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I guess Bell's transformation is now complete.  Who would have thought that he'd eventually turn into one of the good guys. 

I'm really quite shocked about the metamorphosis with Bell; it's unseemly.  Maybe I'm too cynical but I keep waiting for him top return to his old self.  Guess that's not going to happen🤔.

Mina, Raptor, Andrea and Torres - Yeah, the two principals are just a bit off--timing wise--but trying to do the noble thing by not standing in the way of the others.   Why do I really have to suffer through this?  I grow so tired of the same formulaic trope.

Cain - Agreed with others; they've made him the poster boy anathema, and I thought maybe when Raptor asked about his "beginnings", e.g., "you couldn't have always been like this/what's made you this way"--paraphrasing, the writers would/could/should delve into that a bit.   But no, just more of the same megalomania, rude, omnipotent,  and selfish behavior.

Finally - previews for the next episode (2 weeks 😞) with Connic show promise and it's about time.  Let's hope it's not ruined!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Bell's transformation is an interesting one - I wonder if they will remember that Bell was having tremors in season 1? Maybe if he becomes a big fancy talk show host (even part time), they could be like "oh he's only a consulting surgeon now since he discovered the tremors a few weeks ago"