Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Part II

• Start Topic

I love this show but I have always felt that all that was necessary was to watch episode 1 and the final episode. And I feel the same way with this new season. 

I am not interested in the journey or in how they got to that place where the car crashed. I just want to see the solution. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 6

Here's what I got from this episode.

Jamie lied about Nick just showing up at his home.  He was the one who called Nick after 18 years.

Jamie seems to be obsessed with death and dying.  Watching Nick die, trying to kill the old man, wanting to jump off the building.  Jamie is one of those people who thinks that only dark and bad feelings are "real."  He reminds me of someone I once knew, her parents refused to deal with unacceptable or bad feelings, they would just pretend they didn't exist.  "I feel bad," "no you don't." 

Why did Jamie tell his student to write her own letter?  I got her parents anger.  But if Jamie came from a home where negative feelings weren't allowed, then it made sense from his POV.  Your dark side is more interesting because that's the side no one wants to see.

Jamie has some kind of contempt for technology, in the first episode he was looking with disgust at the people with their cell phones.

Ambrose and the painter might hook up.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Why did Jamie tell his student to write her own letter?  I got her parents anger.  But if Jamie came from a home where negative feelings weren't allowed, then it made sense from his POV.  Your dark side is more interesting because that's the side no one wants to see.

Teachers/professors asking students to write their own letters of recommendation isn't great but it isn't that unusual either, especially when they are asked to write a lot of letters of recommendation.  At the very least, many ask for bullet points to provided of things the student would like to highlight as teachers aren't necessarily going to remember every sport or extracurricular their student is involved in. 

The letter the student wrote would have probably stood out more and made an impression.  I am on a scholarship committee and the letters of recommendation are so boring because they often go with the thinking of the parents. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Still a very intriguing story. 

I’m wondering why the grave was dug on the painter’s property, I’m assuming it was done by Jamie and Nick but who were they planning to bury there? And what exactly is their connection to the painter, and I’m still thinking the painter may be holding something back.

From what we’ve seen, it looks like Nick was the dominant one in the relationship with Jamie and was pushing him to the dark side, but Jamie is clearly villainous and Ambrose can tell, Nick was just more outwardly creepy. It’s interesting that Jamie is the one that called Nick and initiated contact with him after a long time apart, why exactly did he do so? 

I’m liking this season a lot so far.

• Love 6

I’m thinking so far the guys were into some kind of thing where they dared each other to do increasingly crazy stuff. Something happened and Jamie got out.  The painter is involved somehow and she is hiding something. I really like Bill Pullman in this role. 

• Love 10

I feel like we keep seeing zoom-ins on Jamie cutting food--tomatoes and maybe something else last week and some kind of meat this week. And phones; I feel like we are supposed to notice people using phones.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm in this show for Bill Pullman too! God, this show is always so SLOW....everybody takes forever to say anything, is that suppose to let us know that these are deep and serious matters? Bad script I say, but I'll stick it out for Bill's performance. He is always worth watching, such a wonderful and unusual actor. Anybody want to see the craziest performance Bill  has ever given with an all star cast, and a terrific mystery as well, rent Zero Effect! 

• Love 6

Zero effect is one of my all time fave flicks (and soundtracks, too). Bill Pullman is so underrated. His performance in that is complex, funny, sexy and heartbreaking. He is such an interesting actor. 

Jessica hecht--the artist--  will always be the woman who stole Carol  from Ross to me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I thought the wife was being a little unreasonable. If she was being that upset that he wasn't there when she didn't need him, how is he supposed to calm down in time for when she does need him. As the baby's due date approaches, he will probably have more anxiety, not less.

There is a several years ago artist and her two models freaky sex plot in there somewhere.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:48 PM, luna1122 said:

Jessica hecht--the artist--  will always be the woman who stole Carol from Ross to me. 

To me, too; it's probably unfair, considering that Hecht apparently has a sterling reputation from her stage work.

I feel like Nervous Artist Lady is probably hiding a lot more than "Jamie and Nick Were Life Drawing Models With Benefits … For ME!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, AnimeMania said:

I thought the wife was being a little unreasonable. If she was being that upset that he wasn't there when she didn't need him, how is he supposed to calm down in time for when she does need him. As the baby's due date approaches, he will probably have more anxiety, not less.

There is a several years ago artist and her two models freaky sex plot in there somewhere.

I thought the wife was supposed to be coming across as a little high maintenance. Not unreasonably so, but a little self involved with the birth tree and essential oils and whatnot. Just a bit on the self righteous mommy side. I think it’s kind of interesting that they’re painting him as someone whose been white knuckling some dark impulses for years that it might make sense for him to pick someone who might be very performative about morals. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 1:33 AM, DakotaLavender said:

I love this show but I have always felt that all that was necessary was to watch episode 1 and the final episode. And I feel the same way with this new season. 

I am not interested in the journey or in how they got to that place where the car crashed. I just want to see the solution. 

It’s the other way around for me. I like the journey, and the character development especially. If those are good, I don’t always care about the solution. 

• Love 6
On 2/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, atlantaloves said:

I'm in this show for Bill Pullman too! God, this show is always so SLOW....everybody takes forever to say anything, is that suppose to let us know that these are deep and serious matters? Bad script I say, but I'll stick it out for Bill's performance. He is always worth watching, such a wonderful and unusual actor. Anybody want to see the craziest performance Bill  has ever given with an all star cast, and a terrific mystery as well, rent Zero Effect! 

Bill Pullman is why I started watching the series. I have always felt he is underrated. Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll have to give Zero Effect a gander.

• Love 5