Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Reckless

wknt3
  • Start Topic

Frank must uncover the truth when an undercover officer accuses a fellow cop of police brutality. Also, Danny and Baez investigate the murder of a famous photographer recently accused of assault by his former models, and Erin struggles to protect a witness as new justice reform laws go into effect.

"Do you ever think about how this affects me?  they think I'm ratting them out."  See, this is why everyone wanted you to work in separate precincts.  I think Eddie is a bad influence on Jamie.  He's turning his back on the rules and the law more and more often.

Erin, Frank doesn't make the law.  There's nothing he can do about having to turn over the witness names and addresses.  figure out your own problems.  

I got mixed up with who was who on that cop assaulting cop case, so I never did figure out who was in the wrong.  The undercover guy or the other guy?  I imagine it was the other guy since the undercover guy was the one that turned over video.  

Danny's case was interesting enough, but with only 10-15 minutes dedicated to it, it was just kind of ho hum.  I think the daughter should be charged for lying to her dad about the rape.  Not that even if she were telling the truth, it would have been OK for her dad to kill him, but still.  Maybe his widow can sue her for defamation on his behalf.  For the kids, because she was defaming him just as hard.

Edited by Katy M
46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think Eddie is a bad influence on Jamie.

I hate her so I agree.  😉

46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I got mixed up with who was who on that cop assaulting cop case, so I never did figure out who was in the wrong.

It was weird.  What they showed us didn't look any different than what they portray as "normal" all the time.  The undercover guy taunts cops and then assaults a cop and it's all in a day's work!  Might be time to reassign him. 

Danny's case got me humming Papa Don't Preach.

Edited by Magnumfangirl

I too was confused about the undercover guy.  I first thought that he filed a case because he was UC and then I think that wasn't the case.  He'd have to break cover when the case got to court.  All very confusing.

I wonder if they're starting to slowly turn Eddie into a bad cop.  Apple/tree thing.  And Jamie at the closing scene all smiley because he didn't follow the rules?  That's not our Harvard Jamie at all.  

• Love 3

Yet another shining example of how this show is just a propaganda tool of the New York law enforcement agencies. The law that Erin was so opposed to is an attempt to reduce the problem of mass incarceration, which seems to have become more popular with the American public these days. Under the old law, New York prosecutors could withhold evidence until the morning of the trial. This forced many defendants to accept plea deals and go to prison because they had no idea what the state could or could not prove. Of course the New York district attorneys are up in arms about this because it makes it harder for them to steamroll defendants into guilty pleas. What was totally absent from this episode is that there is a provision in the new law where prosecutors can ask a judge to issue a protective order to withhold victim and witness's identifying information. I guess Erin forgot about that one, so actually she was the one responsible for getting her witness beaten.

What would have been nice is if they could have had the defense attorney argue with Erin about the pros and cons of the new law and have the audience decide which side they agree with. But nope, our buddies in law enforcement might get mad at us if we presented the opposing viewpoint and we can't have that. Instead let us drag in your standard issue sleazebag defense attorney to represent the opposing side. What would motivate her to give her client the victim’s address? No reason was given because it is understood that is what those left wing commie lawyers do just for kicks. Sheesh, she was such a cliche of a sleazebag attorney that I was surprised they didn't glue a mustache on her face that she could twirl. The writers on this show have all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

• Love 6

The impression I got was that Jamie told the other cops that they could not continue to give the doctor the accident victims' info, (no more unsolicited calls) but that they could hand out his card to accident victims.  I doubt he will turn into a bad cop, but rather, he is learning that not everything is black and white.  He solved the problem without getting well-meaning cops in trouble. YMMV.  I actually found this to be one of the better episodes this season.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Eddie thinks she’s entitled to get insider info from Jamie about stuff no Sgt would be sharing with others. And all the stupid domestic chores and who isnt doing their part is annoying. 

Frank is nice to her, but I don’t  think he really likes her. 
If this show lasts a couple more seasons, I think we’ll see her bucking the Sunday church/dinner ritual. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

If this show lasts a couple more seasons, I think we’ll see her bucking the Sunday church/dinner ritual. 

I cannot fault her or anyone from possibly not going to the family dinners. The Reagan clan is so sanctimonious. I would be drinking heavily just to get through one of those dinners. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

What I was almost shocked by that is there was NO mention of the "colour of the day" that undercover cops wear and has been mentioned on this show before.  It would have saved everyone a lot of hand wringing over who tried to say what to hear but wasn't heard due to what kind of choke hold they were under. 

I didn't mind Danny's case, and I think Jamie managed to enter a decent compromise at the end, however that will open the door to more issues where he has to make a call between "by the book" and the best intentions.  However my mind went blank over anything that concerned Erin. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

What I was almost shocked by that is there was NO mention of the "colour of the day" that undercover cops wear and has been mentioned on this show before.  It would have saved everyone a lot of hand wringing over who tried to say what to hear but wasn't heard due to what kind of choke hold they were under. 

Maybe the color of the day that day happened to be that gang's colors so they were all wearing it.

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I didn't mind Danny's case, and I think Jamie managed to enter a decent compromise at the end, however that will open the door to more issues where he has to make a call between "by the book" and the best intentions.  However my mind went blank over anything that concerned Erin. 

I don't think they wear the color of the day, its just the secret code word that the police force gets on a daily basis.  There are bad guys out there that have access to the color of the day and an UC who has infiltrated their gang is actually WEARING the color of the day....well, that's not going to end well.  

• Love 2

Having 4 plotlines in almost every episode this season was a giant mistake. There is always one story that gets shortchanged. I would have cut Erin's story this episode. It wasn't that interesting and it didn't really go anywhere. I would have devoted the time to Frank and Sid. Sid thinking the rank and file are now against him because of one angry officer doesn't ring true. What would have been more powerful is seeing Sid walk into a cop bar a day or two later and everyone gives him the cold shoulder. Show, don't tell. 

• Love 1
On 2/3/2020 at 11:07 PM, iwasish said:

Eddie thinks she’s entitled to get insider info from Jamie about stuff no Sgt would be sharing with others. And all the stupid domestic chores and who isnt doing their part is annoying. 

Frank is nice to her, but I don’t  think he really likes her. 

I haven't cared for Eddie since she first appeared on the show.  Having her skip the Sunday dinners would be okay with me.  

• Love 1
On 2/4/2020 at 12:38 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't think they wear the color of the day, its just the secret code word that the police force gets on a daily basis.  There are bad guys out there that have access to the color of the day and an UC who has infiltrated their gang is actually WEARING the color of the day....well, that's not going to end well.  

Plus, who's to say that a gang member won't be wearing that color just by happenstance.  It's not like they can make it some weird color that nobody would ever wear. 

• Love 1