Type keyword(s) to search

Coroner - General Discussion

Pepper the Cat
  • Start Topic

Nothing about this show makes any sense at all. Why the hell was Kelly there again? Everyone was home to watch Dad. Why has no one realized she is going to kill Jenny and become her? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Court said:

Nothing about this show makes any sense at all. Why the hell was Kelly there again? Everyone was home to watch Dad. Why has no one realized she is going to kill Jenny and become her? 

IIRC, Kelly played the pity card with Jenny about being broke and needing a job while simultaneously charming Jenny’s Alzheimer’s-stricken dad. 
And now I’m wondering if in the end not only Jenny and Liam will turn out to have been dosed  with psychotropic drugs by Kelly, but dear old Dad too, and maybe his Alzheimer’s isn’t quite so advanced?

Speaking of Sociopathic Kelly, did she secretly invite Liam’s parents knowing Jenny would be gone?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Speaking of Liam's parents, I wonder if they would still question the inappropriateness of his older girlfriend if they would have been blown up by a booby-trap grenade before they every got a chance to climb up into his previous tree house home.

I found this episode so confusing, but don't like it enough to go back and watch it again.  Was this a continuation of last week or did i sleep thru the first few minutes that explained the case in detail?

So what was Jenny doing on the floor in the sleep study place?  She was digging up her sister and that meant what?  

I guess I forgot what Liam's psychological trauma was about. I thought it was military service related but it had something to do with a chicken?

I missed some of what was said because i couldn't get the closed captioning to work well enough to read the translation of his parents talking. And why did they insist on talking French?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I found this episode so confusing, but don't like it enough to go back and watch it again.  Was this a continuation of last week or did i sleep thru the first few minutes that explained the case in detail?

So what was Jenny doing on the floor in the sleep study place?  She was digging up her sister and that meant what?  

I guess I forgot what Liam's psychological trauma was about. I thought it was military service related but it had something to do with a chicken?

I missed some of what was said because i couldn't get the closed captioning to work well enough to read the translation of his parents talking. And why did they insist on talking French?

I think it was a cold case brought up by true crime podcasters and the lady that Det. Donovan wants to bone.

I believe they said that digging up her sister was covering up (like a train that can't be seen because there is another train in front of it) something else that Jenny hasn't yet come to grips with. At one point her sister's body disappearing and she continued to dig.

Liam's psychological trauma was military service. Liam's parents raise chickens (sometimes buying super fancy expensive chickens, which is why they were in town and decided to pay Liam an unannounced visit). Liam grew up on a working farm. Liam would name all the animals so that his parents wouldn't want to kill them, but they did anyway.

Liam's parents speak French sometimes because only they and Liam understand it, so they can mock openly the people they are with without them realizing what was said.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

I think it was a cold case brought up by true crime podcasters and the lady that Det. Donovan wants to bone.

I believe they said that digging up her sister was covering up (like a train that can't be seen because there is another train in front of it) something else that Jenny hasn't yet come to grips with. At one point her sister's body disappearing and she continued to dig.

Liam's psychological trauma was military service. Liam's parents raise chickens (sometimes buying super fancy expensive chickens, which is why they were in town and decided to pay Liam an unannounced visit). Liam grew up on a working farm. Liam would name all the animals so that his parents wouldn't want to kill them, but they did anyway.

Liam's parents speak French sometimes because only they and Liam understand it, so they can mock openly the people they are with without them realizing what was said.

Thanks for trying to clarify that for me.

What was Liam saying something like the parents were trying to pass it off as an accident? They killed one of his favorite chickens but were pretending the gun accidentally went off?

Yeah, the French speaking was very rude.  He seems like a strong enough person to have told them to talk English in company with others.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

What was Liam saying something like the parents were trying to pass it off as an accident? They killed one of his favorite chickens but were pretending the gun accidentally went off?

No (if I was paying enough attention) Liam had a brother(?) who was also in the war and committed suicide afterward, but their mother insists on saying "he was cleaning his gun."

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

No (if I was paying enough attention) Liam had a brother(?) who was also in the war and committed suicide afterward, but their mother insists on saying "he was cleaning his gun."

No, you were not paying enough attention, they were talking about that military friend of Liam's, who shot himself a couple of episodes ago. The friend in the hospital came out of his coma and told his mother that he was not trying to commit suicide, but had an accident cleaning his gun. The friend's mother told Liam's mother that story and Liam's mother told Liam that story. Liam told his mother that he was definitely trying to kill himself, but she didn't seem to believe him.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

So the shrink is thinking that Jenny was still sleep walking during that little digging bit? How about being awake and  just plain hallucinating?

over/under on when Liam tries to kill himself?

Has anyone read the books? Is the show anything like them? And for the non Canadians in the room (of which I am one) Fernandes was a real guy:

....and for some reason I can’t paste the obit.  He was a consultant on the show and worked with the first female forensic pathologist in CA in real life.

• Love 2

I just watched 2.8 “Fire Pt 2.”

1 hour ago, janeta said:

I'm kind of feeling sorry for Ross; every adult in his orbit has mental problems.

So Liam just has PTSD and Jenny was just sleepwalking? Kelly didn’t drug them previously? Huh. 
If Jenny has Roger Cross’s shoulder to rest her head on, Liam is totally “Out of sight, out of mind” and let’s hope he doesn’t come back. 

What was the point of spending so much screen time flashing back to Liam and Jenny having sex? 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It feels like Liam is endgame. I'm not thrilled with him but

That would explain all the sex scene flashbacks. I suppose in a fictional universe Liam could come back after a hiatus with his PTSD magically fixed, since they pretty much stated that was what was he needed. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I just watched 2.8 “Fire Pt 2.”

So Liam just has PTSD and Jenny was just sleepwalking? Kelly didn’t drug them previously? Huh. 
If Jenny has Roger Cross’s shoulder to rest her head on, Liam is totally “Out of sight, out of mind” and let’s hope he doesn’t come back. 

What was the point of spending so much screen time flashing back to Liam and Jenny having sex? 

or, what was the point of any of it? i am just finding this series so confusing.

so, kelly gave jenny some kind of drug that just made her so limp that she was falling all over the place so she'd not be able to get out of the fire? and yet she was able to somehow drag herself out of the house after the way it affected her? and pretty immediately go right back to work.  yeah, right

liam was hearing the dripping in the pipes because of something he experienced in the service? are we to expect his return all fixed with no more mental problems?

yeah, ross is the only sane one in the group and i feel sorry for him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

…kelly gave jenny some kind of drug that just made her so limp that she was falling all over the place so she'd not be able to get out of the fire? and yet she was able to somehow drag herself out of the house after the way it affected her? and pretty immediately go right back to work.  yeah, right

liam was hearing the dripping in the pipes because of something he experienced in the service? are we to expect his return all fixed with no more mental problems?

yeah, ross is the only sane one in the group and i feel sorry for him.

At this point, on most days, I’d probably trust Jenny’s Dad with Alzheimer’s to drive the car before anyone else, heh. —and speaking of remarkable recoveries 🙄

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

My husband and I are 2 episodes short of finishing season 2. Hallelujah. It’s very possible that we end it there. Good grief. I would swear that they spend 10 minutes on the body part of the story and 50 minutes in her head. There was one episode where ten minutes alone was her staring off into space. We started watching it because we love crime shows. Not soap operas. Way way way too much mental issues going on. When every damn character has an issue it takes a toll on my own mental health.  Get with it showrunners!  Or you’re going to lose a fan base. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, secnarf said:

It has been a while now, and I don't entirely recall - did we ever find out what exactly happened to the sister?

We do/did.

Spoiler

Jenny pushed her down the stairs or something - accidentally. Her dad said the sister tripped over the dog to protect Jenny from knowing she killed her sister so I think he shot the dog? Not sure on the dog part...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

There’s no legitimate way to watch Season 3 in the States yet, right? 
I guess I‘ll post here in the fall or whenever. 👋

If you're close to the border you can watch with an OTA antenna - CBC is free to air. CBC is also available through some cable providers, but again likely only near the border.

• Useful 2
31 minutes ago, mledawn said:

If you're close to the border you can watch with an OTA antenna - CBC is free to air. CBC is also available through some cable providers, but again likely only near the border.

I'm only about 25 miles to the border, but that is in the middle of Lake Ontario, LOL. It's at least 100 miles as the crow flies (and as the signal travels) to Toronto, which looks like the nearest likeliest source. 

Maybe due to the pandemic having slowed down so much production they'll start airing down here sooner. 🙏

The timeslot for the new season is conflicting with my other TV shows and I can only record 2 shows at a time on my PVR. I need to see if CBC lets you watch stuff online. If not, maybe The CW will pick up the third season. That's how I started watching it in the first place. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The timeslot for the new season is conflicting with my other TV shows and I can only record 2 shows at a time on my PVR. I need to see if CBC lets you watch stuff online. If not, maybe The CW will pick up the third season. That's how I started watching it in the first place. 

Will your Pvr time shift? You might be able to pick it up at an earlier/ later showing depending on your location

2 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Will your Pvr time shift? You might be able to pick it up at an earlier/ later showing depending on your location

Sadly no. But I will try the link provided above. Thanks everyone. 

23 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm only about 25 miles to the border, but that is in the middle of Lake Ontario, LOL. It's at least 100 miles as the crow flies (and as the signal travels) to Toronto, which looks like the nearest likeliest source. 

Maybe due to the pandemic having slowed down so much production they'll start airing down here sooner. 🙏

Check out tvfool.com and enter your address/zip code. I get OTA channels from over 200 miles away - some have relay points.

1 hour ago, mledawn said:

Check out tvfool.com and enter your address/zip code. I get OTA channels from over 200 miles away - some have relay points.

Cool 😎 but no CBC. 😯

17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's on the CBC streaming service Gem.  Here, for those who can get it.

My Canadian sister mentioned having a VPN. I'll ask next time we talk.

I managed to watch the first two episodes online. The first one was depressing with all the Covid protocols and deaths. But also realistic. 

The storyline with the cop is intriguing me. I'll sure he'll be fine but I do want to see it play out. And I liked meeting his father. 

Naturally, Jenny is finally ready to see Liam and he gets the message while in bed with another woman *sigh*

(edited)
15 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Way too many unanswered questions! 
Is Liam dead or alive?
Where did all the tape worms come from?
Why kill the parents? And how ?

And finally why make this a Christmas episode? Way too depressing!!

1. At first I though Liam must be dead because of Jenny's  expression when she came back. However, her mother was sleeping on the couch and looked back with the same kind of sorrow, and when we last saw her, she was following Gordo (Jenny's father) up the stairs.  So its more likely that her father died and this is what they are sharing. I think both the father and Liam's fates were intentionally left open until they decide about the next season.

2. The tape worms came from the wild boars the father and Aaron hunted and later cooked and ate. Caleb is vegetarian and never ate them.

3. Aaron hated his parents because his father used to hunt him to toughen him up and the mother knew. Because the cysts reached his brain he got the rage fits that triggered his violence.

4. No answer for this one - these two episodes season finale were indeed way way too depressing 🙂

Edited by meira.hand
On 4/7/2021 at 9:04 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Way too many unanswered questions! 
Is Liam dead or alive?
Where did all the tape worms come from?
Why kill the parents? And how ?

And finally why make this a Christmas episode? Way too depressing!!

I CANT BELIEVE this was the season finale. Pretty bold move considering it hasn’t been renewed for a fourth season yet. 
I personally really like this show. It’s one of the few shows I look forward to every week. 
I’m a Liam fan, so I’ll be very upset if he’s dead. 

I like this show too but I think Ross way overstepped in inviting Jenny's mum for Christmas. I need to know how the back surgery went! And obviously who, if anyone, is dead, I did assume it was Liam so that if Jenny pursues a relationship with the other guy she'll be all angsty and conflicted.

Just binged S3 and it took me an embarrassing amount of time to identify the actor who plays Clark as Lou from Flashpoint. Other stream-of-consciousness thoughts are as follows.

Poor Ross getting the murder arrest. I like that they showed the dickish cop - they aren't all like Donovan and Malik.

What happened to Matteo? Ross said they were still together but his interactions with the young man from the party and then not inviting Matteo for Christmas makes that seem unlikely.

Agreed that Ross massively overstepped with inviting his previously-unknown grandmother for dinner. Also said grandmother overstepped by just showing up.

Confused that Gordon saw his younger self in the mirror but the older Peggy in his hallucinations.

Confused that Jenny told Clark she didn't murder her sister - was she splitting hairs on this? Will this come back to bite her - or did it and I missed it because I was watching while doing other things?

Roger Cross is fantastic, and I like how his character is written. I like that he and Jenny are friends. 

Malik is getting better and Donovan is treating him in a way that reflects this.

I really enjoy how this show has so many people of different backgrounds, skin tones, cultures, etc. It's set in Toronto and is cast as if it is actually in Toronto. I'm sad that Tamara Podemski left but the send off for her character was fitting.

Michael Hall - the British author on whose books these stories are based - also wrote Keeping Faith, which airs on Acorn. I enjoyed that show and there are 2 eps remaining in the 3rd and final season if anyone was interested in checking it out. You can get a 14 day free trial of Acorn, and if you Google a bit, you can find a 30-day free trial. Lots of other good shows on that service.

(edited)

Mod note:

With the US airing starting on August 19th, to give US viewers a chance to watch unspoiled, after this point please put any comments on episodes aired in Canada but not in the US yet in spoiler bars.

Thank you.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Coroner   8-9 p.m.     Thursday, October 14 on the CW  (THIS MAY NOT BE THE PREMIERE DATE, I will monitor as the date gets closer)

Yeah, I too was confused, but it seems Deadline is using the phrase “Original episode” to mean the episode is neither a rerun nor a season premiere  (deadline.com/2021/06/the-cw-fall-premiere-dates-riverdale-the-flash-batwoman-all-american-walker-nancy-drew-1234775610/) based on this example:

Thursday, October 14

8-9 p.m. Coroner (Original episode)
9-10 p.m. Legacies (Season 4 premiere)

Monday, October 25

8-9 p.m. All American (Season 4 premiere)
9-10 p.m. 4400 (New series premiere)

Thursday, October 28

8-9 p.m. Walker (Season 2 premiere)
9-10 p.m. Legacies (Original episode)

But I suppose they could be using "Original episode" to also include a season premier in the U.S. 🙄
But assuming that's not what it means (and I should know better than to assume anything) it seems the most current schedule for the U.S. season 4 premier is either July 15 (deadline.com/2021/04/the-cw-summer-premiere-dates-stargirl-roswell-riverdale-supergirl-finale-set-1234746797/) or August 19 (tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-outpost-coroner-burden-of-truth-cw-announces-series-new-return-dates/) but neither Deadline nor TV Series Finale give links to this information, and the CW isn’t posting anything more definitive on their website, although the CW does have a newsletter you can sign up for (cwtv.com/notify-me/) so maybe that’s their source? 🤔 

OK. I just signed up for the CW newsletter since I was able to just select this one show and got this immediately in my alternate email's mailbox:

Thanks for signing up! We'll let you know when you can stream the latest episode of Coroner for free on The CW App, and we’ll keep you up-to-date on everything CW and CW Seed, including latest episodes, specials, apps and more.

Edited by shapeshifter
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Coroner   8-9 p.m.     Thursday, October 14 on the CW  (THIS MAY NOT BE THE PREMIERE DATE, I will monitor as the date gets closer)

Yeah, I too was confused, but it seems Deadline is using the phrase “Original episode” to mean the episode is neither a rerun nor a season premiere  (deadline.com/2021/06/the-cw-fall-premiere-dates-riverdale-the-flash-batwoman-all-american-walker-nancy-drew-1234775610/) based on this example:

I was confused as well, I would have erased the post if I could have, but I couldn't so I wrote that. We have plenty of time to get a reliable date.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

So, July, August or October? Anyone have any more info?

Welp, it's definitely not on the CW schedule for July 15, so I changed my spreadsheet date to Aug 19, based on the article I posted upthread: 
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-outpost-coroner-burden-of-truth-cw-announces-series-new-return-dates/

However, I also signed up for the Coroner email alerts offered on that page and have yet to receive anything.🤷🏻‍♀️