Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: The Flea

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Cain feels disrespected by Logan Kim when he is left out of a major decision regarding Conrad. Meanwhile, the doctors work together to try to save the lives of two big Red Rock donors who were involved in a jet skiing accident. Then, Irving and Devon realize that three of their patients, all with different symptoms, could actually be triggered by the same thing. Also, Bell's supplement company proves to be more lucrative than anyone anticipated, but an unexpected snag could put it in jeopardy.

Airdate: 01/28/2020

I got pulled away from the episode part way through.

I have just one question until I can watch it when its streaming somewhere.

Did Cain poison the supplements?  It seemed like something he might do after being stood up for dinner and due to his general dislike of Bell.

• Useful 3

Anyone else think Nic is pregnant? 

Cane continues to be an ass. I'm constantly telling my TV to shut up when he's on screen, heh. 

I hope Bell hasn't made a mistake buying out the other two investors. 

As for Cane poisoning the supplements, I don't think so but I guess only time will tell. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Anyone else think Nic is pregnant? 

I definitely thought that, and I guess they never said that she WASN'T. But I honestly expected her tell Conrad at the end of the episode if she was. So I'm hoping that she's not and we got a genuine food poisoning storyline that DOESN'T turn out to be a pregnancy. Hey, this show tends to zag when other shows zig so I'm hoping for the best, here.

I'm not too surprised that the supplements were the cause of the sickness, because why not? This show loves pulling this crap. But I don't think it was Cain. I think it was Andrea, but not on purpose. Maybe she was trying to cut corners with her supplements, tried to use some shady products, and is trying to save face. Because, really, the supplements can't continue to do well because that means one of our main characters win, and we cannot have that. Plus, they gotta end the Andrea/AJ relationship at some point, right?

Cain's awful. I hated his smug attitude when he thought Conrad got it wrong. I don't think Bell even needed to warn Conrad about Red Rock Rep and Cain being in cahoots; I'm pretty sure Conrad could see it. I'm pretty sure their temporarily blind donor could see.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So Mr. Jetski had a brain tumor that was removed in surgery years ago and at that time, despite having an hours long surgery under bright lights and being in the hospital to recover, no signs of his porphyria developed or if they did, were completely missed by all the medical staff and his vigilant wife? I'm not saying it's impossible but that did jump out.

I was bothered that Devon saw only one connection between his three patients. They all came in for minor issues (that yes are symptoms of the poisoning but were all so vague that they could be symptoms of something else too) so they all would have been in the ER's waiting room at roughly the same time. On this show, it's going to be the supplements but it was weird no one thought the issue could be right on the other side of the door.

As for Bell, Andrea and the supplements, she doesn't have to be making them with fertilizer or whatever for the supplements to be the cause. Where is the packaging coming from? Could cross-contamination be happening? It's wildly irresponsible that it's not being reported and that Devon who has been all about ethics is letting Bell make the decisions here is crazy to me.

• Useful 3
50 minutes ago, vibeology said:

As for Bell, Andrea and the supplements, she doesn't have to be making them with fertilizer or whatever for the supplements to be the cause. Where is the packaging coming from? Could cross-contamination be happening? It's wildly irresponsible that it's not being reported and that Devon who has been all about ethics is letting Bell make the decisions here is crazy to me.

Yep, packaging, manufacturing glitch, contamination, sabotage. Crikey. To jump to "made with fertilizer" is a leap. Hyperbole I'm sure .

• Like 1

Looks like Cain is starting to respect Conrad.  Interesting.

Since it’s Bell, I’m sure he will be bankrupted at the end of the season, because it seems like he can never catch a break.  Sigh.  

I hope Nic isn’t pregnant.  After all she’s been through this season, I feel like she needs a little peace.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I hope Nic isn’t pregnant.  After all she’s been through this season, I feel like she needs a little peace.  

This. Plus, she already had a miscarriage once so I can see her being anxious if she does wind up pregnant. The woman needs peace, not more drama.

• Love 2

I don’t think Cain would poison the supplements since he has so much money in the company. He’s not that dumb. I’m guessing there is cross contamination with either processing or packaging which sucks because Bell needs a win.

• Love 3

The Flea was a good title for this episode but I think it was Cain who was "flicked off like a flea" and not Conrad--although Cain said Conrad was a flea.    So, Cain has a "sell by date" and it may be coming soon--unless Logan Kim meets with his demise at the hands of Cain😲.   Cain better also watch his back; Kim is typical of a lackey--he'll go whichever the way the wind blows and do whatever is necessary at the behest of Red Rock.

Is Nic pregnant or truly jut food poisoning?  I really thought Conrad was going to propose after seeing the couple who sustained the jet-ski injuries from the life-threatening accident and diagnosis.  Bottom line - Life is short; enjoy every minute so Conrad, PROPOSE ALREADY!!

Loved Kit, Raptor and Ogafore working together--seamlessly-- to save the patient.  Not sure where they'll take Raptor and Supplement Lady (SL) although, so far I like her.  Mena seems to have given SL the green light and appears to be handling it well although that could just be a cover.

Bell and the supplements - that's a twist and I, too wondered what's behind the "problem".  Is Bell returning to some of his devious ways or is it another issue as others posted?   But suddenly, Bell has cash to buy out the other two??  I thought Bell had had some legal issues or was in some type of trouble that he wasn't cash rich??

• Love 2
On 1/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel like Nic is being sidelined with these constant excuses for her to not be around.  Is there some kind of behind the scenes drama and certain actors don't want to film together?  Is Emily VanCamp busy with something else?

I could be wrong, but I think she's filming a role for one of the upcoming Marvel shows for Disney+.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TwoBitUsherette said:

I could be wrong, but I think she's filming a role for one of the upcoming Marvel shows for Disney+.

You are absolutely right! Seems like she is filming The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. She will be in 6 eps!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 9:19 AM, vibeology said:

So Mr. Jetski had a brain tumor that was removed in surgery years ago and at that time, despite having an hours long surgery under bright lights and being in the hospital to recover, no signs of his porphyria developed or if they did, were completely missed by all the medical staff and his vigilant wife? I'm not saying it's impossible but that did jump out.

Maybe with the previous surgery, they knocked him out on the way to the OR. That's what they did when they took out my wisdom teeth in the ambulatory surgery center's OR. *rolling towards the OR* "here's some meds to make you sleep bros402, see you later."

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

He doesn't need to be awake for his skin to react to the bright lights.

Ahhhh.

Then I have no idea - maybe his skin was covered, but wait it was covered by the wetsuit

uhhhh maybe he was on medications that suppressed the skins reaction last surgery, or maybe they only appeared this hospital time due to the massive stress of a propeller in his wife