Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter Twenty-Three: Heavy is the Crown

• Start Topic

That creature Roz caught a glimpse of with her cunning was so beautiful. I hope we will see more of his original form.

Dr. Cerberus's proposal was so adorable. I wonder if Lilith was queen, would she visit devout wives before their wedding night? 😉 Or would that honor transfer to warlocks?

I have to say, Nick missing Lucifer being inside him is kind of adorable. And how he asks for 1 male and 1 female lover in the end of the episode, that is a sexual awakening storyline I did not see before. I guess Dorcas and Agatha meant it literally when they called him Lucifer's bitch.

Edited by Harvey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I really like that Harvey and Theo can have a conversation about relationships and sex and it not seem weird.  

Wait a sec.  You’re on an Arthurian quest for the unholy regalia?

Hilda as a writer of trashy bodice ripper stories seems right to me.  

What’s it like being with both Sabrina and her daddy? 

I really like the fact that getting the dark lord out of Nick doesn’t magically make Nick ok.   He has to heal emotionally.  

Ms Wardwell’s search for answers is going to be interesting.  I like that the show isn’t just dropping her blind smiley and happy wholesale back into the show.   She is as haunted as everyone else desperate for answers on what happened to Adam and herself during those three months....or as we call it Part 1 and 2.  

Sabrina loses the battle but wins followers in the war.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I really like that Harvey and Theo can have a conversation about relationships and sex and it not seem weird.  

I really liked that moment. I feel that in this season the scenes with Sabrina's mortal friends are the best they have been yet. Maybe it's just that I have watched the show long enough to finally become invested in them, but I can finally watch their scenes without wishing we were witnessing something happening in hell instead. And that moment between Harvey and Theo was so nice I like how they supported each other.

• Love 4

I am surprised the denizens of Hell would allow Caliban to just run in while Sabrina is fighting King Herod for rightful ownership of the crown, to just pick the crown up off the ground and go running back to hell with it. Wouldn't the royalty of hell want more from a leader than just being a sneaky weasel? I was hoping that Sabrina wouldn't have killed King Herod, only subdued him and when Caliban claimed to be the owner of the crown, release King Herod so he and Caliban can fight. After the fight that Caliban wins he is no longer such a pretty boy, covered with scars and wounds. I think that would have hurt him more than anything else.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 5:17 AM, Harvey said:

That creature Roz caught a glimpse of with her cunning was so beautiful. I hope we will see more of his original form.

It reminded me of the faun in 'Pan's Labyrinth'.

Edit: I was hoping maybe the carnival folk would be ambiguous characters, but it seems like they're just the regular old virgin-hunting human-sacrificing evildoers.

Mind you Harvey and his dad having 'the conversation' was pretty hilarious.

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 2:04 PM, AnimeMania said:

I am surprised the denizens of Hell would allow Caliban to just run in while Sabrina is fighting King Herod for rightful ownership of the crown, to just pick the crown up off the ground and go running back to hell with it. Wouldn't the royalty of hell want more from a leader than just being a sneaky weasel?

I actually feel like that's the kind of thing they would like -- a leader who has no respect for process, rules, decency, sportsmanship, etc and just swoops in to steal the victory from a someone who actually tried. TBH, I was surprised it wasn't okay for Lilith and Sabrina to just yoink the crown away from him and take it for themselves when it fell on the ground or whatever. (Which is maybe a problem with this plot line, if it's assuming that the hell lords are all about respecting this contest for some reason).

• Love 5

Although Harvey's dad meant well, I think we need less of those gentle "be smart" admonitions from parents and more of Rochelle's blunt "I ain't raising no babies" reminder.

Ha, I love how this is supposed to be the timeless 50s (ish) and somehow Zelda and Hilda are totally fine with Sabrina sleeping in the same bed as her boyfriend when he's shirtless and wearing only his underwear. I mean, I think it was the kindest thing to do considering that he just got rescued from hell and anyone with common sense would assume he was a least a tiny bit traumatized and might need someone to keep him company on his first night, but still. Poor guy. Zelda expected him to be at school the next day, as if he'd been on vacation instead of tortured in hell by Lucifer.

Yay for Hilda standing up for herself and going to the carnival with Dr. Cee instead of going home to be berated by Zelda. As Hilda pointed out, Zelda is the one who wanted to be high priestess and directrix of the academy, which is all fine, but that doesn't mean it's Hilda's responsibility to drop everything to support Zelda's dreams. Awwww, so sweet that Dr. Cee proposed! I hope this doesn't mean he's going to get killed off.

I know Hilda's book hurt Zelda's feeings, but I laughed pretty hard at the description.

And yay for Ambrose doing some good old fashioned research to find Herod's crown. But his desperation to do research with it was bothersome. Of course, all he got for his thanks was attacked by Herod and then a huge mess to clean up for Sabrina.

In the previous episode, I originally thought that Robin was Caliban but nope, just part of an evil cult.

Poor Miss Wardwell. As much as she wants to find out what happened during those three months, I think she's going to be even less happy when she finds out the truth.

I feel for Nick because being trapped inside his own body with Lucifer must have been a terrible experience, so I want to give him some leeway, but referring to Caliban as "a new suitor" for Sabrina when he just saw this guy refuse to help her and leave her to die? Get your jealousy in check, dude.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I knew Caliban was going to end up stealing the crown as soon as Sabrina let Ambrose run off with it. Dumb move. That said, it was still technically Sabrina (and Ambrose) who found the damn thing. I don't think it should count as a win for Caliban just for stealing it away from her. Because if that's the case then the point should go back in Sabrina's court since Lilith picked it up after it fell off Caliban's head. 

I also don't get why the disembodied voice told Herod it was Sabrina who found the crown. It was Ambrose! He did all the research and literally plucked it out of the tree. All Sabrina did was follow and watch. 

Not too disappointed to find out Robin is a bad guy. He was kind of creeping me out anyway. 

What's going on with Dorian's face?? 

• Love 5

So are Theo, Harvey and Ms. Wardwell really the only virgins over the age of 16 in that town?

Unfortunately, I had a feeling that Theo's "love interest" was too good to be true.

And we finally got an episode without a painful 2 minute band practice scene in it!

• LOL 2

"The crown was taken from Hitlers bunker to his hometown of...Riverdale!" "Of course." I swear I had exactly the same response when we found out that the freaking Blossoms were involved in some occult shit. I also love how Sabrina will casually wander down to Hell like its a run to Target to get eggs, but when it comes to visiting Riverdale, Murder Capital of the US, its all "oh hell no, that place is nuts!" Totally correct response Sabrina. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

My god I rolled my eyes when Nick refreed to Assbag Caliban as a "Suitor" for Sabrina. God how many men does Sabrina need? it doesn't endear to me if shes constantly in a love triangle and I cannot stand when assholes like Calbian are assholes to a woman or man but its oh so sexy🙄

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 1

Really meh episode. Except Nick is hot. But dude you couldn't have a shower before your pain session?

Caliban- the opposite. Both the actor and character are just bland to me. No charisma or presence. Made of clay seems like an apt description 

Really enjoying every character except Sabrina lol