Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: FeMellor

ohjoy

Principal Glascott and Lainey struggle to agree on what is an appropriate dress code. Coach Mellor struggles with his relationship with Julie because she doesn't enjoy sports like he does.

4 hours ago, alexa said:

I actually kind of liked this episode.  I am kind of meh on Schooled, but a few good episodes squeak in, and this one wasn't too bad.  

Yeah, nothing spectacular, but I thought it was an enjoyable episode.  Kind of funny when Johnny Atkins took his Rush shirt off to reveal a Rush tattoo in the same spot on his chest.  Or maybe it had just bled through and left a permanent mark after all those years.

I don't remember that song by the Indigo Girls.

Cap it off with a shot of the real William Penn High School dress code.  Aside from the circled "neat and appropriate", I caught "no flip flops" and something about the Quakers principles of taste and simplicity, or something along those lines.

• Love 3

Great episode. Probably one of my favorites in the series so far. It proves a good point too, as some places do make too big of a fuss over dress codes. Like there's a reason it exists, but it doesn't (and shouldn't) need to be so strict that everyone dresses the same.

Also, I liked Lainey's tube top and flip-flops she was wearing in this episode. That should become her regular attire.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lili said:

Also, I liked Lainey's tube top and flip-flops she was wearing in this episode. That should become her regular attire.

I hate to say it, but she also has the youth and figure to pull it off.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

I don’t know that song. 

That's two of  us.

4 hours ago, mojoween said:

CB whining about his ties was overdone though.

As was his gymnastic joy at getting them back.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, rmontro said:

Yeah, nothing spectacular, but I thought it was an enjoyable episode.  Kind of funny when Johnny Atkins took his Rush shirt off to reveal a Rush tattoo in the same spot on his chest.  Or maybe it had just bled through and left a permanent mark after all those years.

I don't remember that song by the Indigo Girls.

Cap it off with a shot of the real William Penn High School dress code.  Aside from the circled "neat and appropriate", I caught "no flip flops" and something about the Quakers principles of taste and simplicity, or something along those lines.

Not sure how old you were when that song came out, but it was pretty well-known.  I literally laughed out loud both times they sang the song and people kept coming out of the woodwork because they heard it and had to join. I rarely laugh out loud at comedies anymore as they’re just not very funny.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, Lili said:

Great episode. Probably one of my favorites in the series so far. It proves a good point too, as some places do make too big of a fuss over dress codes. Like there's a reason it exists, but it doesn't (and shouldn't) need to be so strict that everyone dresses the same.

I do remember seeing one tube top in yellow but for some reason I though that was on a student.  The maroon top Lainey wore was a camisol that really belonged under another shirt, not worn as THE shirt  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Not sure how old you were when that song came out, but it was pretty well-known.

I would have been 29.  Somewhere around that time radio started to become more fragmented, and popular music split into multiple genres.  Music has always been made up of different genres, but it really began to split up into many different sub-genres, especially rock related music.  So if you didn't listen to certain stations, you might not ever hear those songs.  

I'm guessing it was on rotation on MTV, but they started to split that up into different air times for different genres as well.  And that's IF you watched MTV.  Also, around that time I became bored with listening to music on the radio - I couldn't stand hearing the same songs over and over, most of which I didn't like in the first place.  So I started listening to more talk radio.  So between all that, it could explain why I never heard the song.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Not sure how old you were when that song came out, but it was pretty well-known.  I literally laughed out loud both times they sang the song and people kept coming out of the woodwork because they heard it and had to join. I rarely laugh out loud at comedies anymore as they’re just not very funny.

Full disclosure, every time they sang it, I started singing along too. And yeah, I cracked up each time, especially Lainey with her guitar. 

As much as I like Julie (and enjoy hearing Mellor say my name lol) I have been shipping him and Wilma more and more. And this ep I was shipping them hard! She is a FeMellor lol 

Good ep, but it featured Mellor so obviously it was a good ep for me. 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

As much as I like Julie (and enjoy hearing Mellor say my name lol) I have been shipping him and Wilma more and more. 🙂

I think it's funny how he called her Aunt Julie, and now at work he calls her Nurse Julie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, Lili said:

In reality (not on a TV show) I think teachers need to dress respectable. Maybe it's because We're continually seeing news stories about a teacher having sex with her students these days. 

However, on this TV show, I loved how they had Lainey dressed in this episode. She looked so cute in those outfits. Then again, AJ could make pretty much any outfit look cute.

8 hours ago, Aryanna said:

In reality (not on a TV show) I think teachers need to dress respectable. Maybe it's because We're continually seeing news stories about a teacher having sex with her students these days. 

However, on this TV show, I loved how they had Lainey dressed in this episode. She looked so cute in those outfits. Then again, AJ could make pretty much any outfit look cute.

Being a teacher myself, I really try to stay respectable in my dress. Many of my coworkers who have been teaching for decades either go with dress down or at least something that still maintains that. Yes, certain styles have changed for teachers, but I think Lainey looked fine. I have to wear my Spider-Man and other ties that go with the themes and of course to match my outfits when I teach. Of course, why spirit and casual Fridays exist. 
What drives me crazy is how super rip jeans have come back into fashion. Because we get below zero days and then the kids complain they are cold and we are: "Why don't you wear something that doesn't have holes in it?" They then go: "But I don't have anything with no holes, I love the look." You roll your eyes.

The only issue I had with the dress code story line was that Lainey didn't think the rules should apply to her. I don't like hypocrisy and that is exactly what it feels like when someone in a skirt that barely covers her ass is punishing a girl for wearing the exact same thing.  

I'm also pretty sure that half that male student body aren't yanking one off every night to the thought of Miss Lewis. I imagine there are kids taking music who have no interest at all in music just because she might bend over and pick something up one day. 

Of course it's a TV show and everyone has to look cute, and I actually love her little plaid minis. I wish I could get away with wearing them at work, but we have a dress code. 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, rmontro said:

don't remember that song by the Indigo Girls.

I am not surprised that someone hasn’t heard of “Closer to fine” but it does surprise me that someone knows who the Indigo Girls are doesn’t, it was ubiquitous for awhile.

Edited by biakbiak
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am not surprised that someone hasn’t heard of “Closer to fine” but it does surprise me that someone knows who the Indigo Girls are doesn’t, it was ubiquitous for awhile.

Well, I've heard of the Indigo Girls.  I wouldn't necessarily say I know who they are.  And all I know about them now is that they performed at the Lilith Fair, and have a song called "Closer to Fine".  Which I have now heard sung by some teachers from William Penn Academy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 12:26 AM, Aryanna said:

I think that Lainey’s outfit that looked like a camisole and a very short skirt was cute, but I think that it’s not really appropriate for w workplace . I work in a college and that outfit would not be allowed without a blouse and a longer skirt .  
AJ does have the figure to wear any outfit , but I don’t see her as pretty or cute in the face .

I still wonder how AJ got cast as a lead in a sitcom . Her acting is not great , snd her narration is just blah because of her diction and emoting .  Maybe they cast her because Iof her musical background .   I think she is the weakest actor on the show and the show is only good because of the other strong characters and actors . 

• Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, xander874 said:

OMG, I had that Sylvester tie that CB wore...I'm not sure how I feel about that...

This is kind of terrible, but I feel like over time my impressions of CB have changed.  Not sure if it's me or in the characterization.  He started out seeming like the cool teacher but lately he's coming off as more of a nerdy dweeb.

• Love 2