Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Gallavich!

• Start Topic

I'm glad that Ian and Mickey were finally able to have their wedding, even if only to spite Mickey's asshole father.

I cracked up when Franny dumped a bunch of rose petals halfway down the aisle and then just stopped.

Ugh, so Debbie's ex's girlfriend's daughter is going to be friends with Carl or bone him? Great. And wow, did the ex turn spiteful quickly to have Debbie arrested for statutory rape. If Debbie and the ex's daughter both deny it, will they really prosecute this? It's not like there's photographic proof or witnesses. I just want that whole storyline to go away.

The Gallagher version of love: lying to Frank about the family selling the house to trick him into coming to Ian's wedding.

How long before one of Kevin's new clients gets hurt and sues him? We know he has no certification as a personal trainer or insurance for his new business. Or maybe they'll all get some sort of communicable disease from the unwashed water bottles that Kevin keeps refilling and selling.

• Love 7

I also liked that Liam out-Gallagher’ed Frank into coming to the wedding. 

I actually liked that Kevin has a gym now and laughed that he’s making them hammer a door through to the Alibi. Also his comment that when they wouldn’t get through that day that he’d just finish it that night. Sweet that he took the money to buy Vee a ring. I’ve always liked them as a couple. 

I wasn't overly impressed with this season finale. I expected a bigger hit...like Mickey or Ian getting shot in the fancy Mercedes (bloodied up for Frank to clean or have to explain away). This show has lost its edge IMO. 

• Love 3

I am actually 100% on Tammi’s  side on this.   Lip does love his screwed up family more then he loves her and probably even Fred.   He is never going to leave the neighborhood so it ends up being Tammi who has to give up on everything else just so Lip isn’t miserable and doesn’t drink.   That is all very Frank of him.

The Ian/Mickey wedding cake was just so them.   I am glad they finally got their wedding and yeah Terry’s reaction is about what I expected from him.  

Not sure what to think about Debbie and the sudden statutory charge.   I mean the girl was sleeping with a woman AND her daughter which is kinda a  Frankish thing to do.  Not to mention mom thought Debbie was a prostitute.   Daughter thinks Debbie is a scam artist.  And is now sleeping with Carl.   This could get messy.   The show gets fun when it gets messy.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

This show treated statutory rape as crime in the past w Lip targeting that sex offender former teacher so I’m not sure why I should feel sorry for Debbie now. Anticlimactic episode but I liked seeing Gallovich making it work inspite of the hate. His dad is an entire asshole at one point he shot the windows out he could blown the brains or chest out of even the family members or kids walking by (I’m saying this as someone who had a family member do a failed drive by blasting up a house) that’s incredibly reckless and Scumbaggy. I think the cliff hanger for next season is Kev and Vee getting their divorce from his first wife and marrying. 

Those kegs Kev makes the Chads lift are empty right? Empty ones aren’t that heavy. Full ones are practically unliftable and if dropped will almost take off someone’s toes. Making them drag pallets of liquor and stack cases is not a bad workout, each case weighs 36lbs? & a pallet can fit up to 56 (I was an alcohol buyer and receiver for a v busy store once). 

I hate Tami and am sad she’s staying. I don’t think she’s wrong in her opinions it’s just I don’t enjoy her as a character. 

A lot of Debbie’s planning and rah rah diologue was clearly meant for Fiona or more of her character and just she is the seat filler. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, backhometome said:

Only thing that bothered me was no mention of Fiona. I mean they mention Monica but not the actual person that raised Ian. 

Show-runners choice. Her leaving the show was not amicable. The fact that Ian mentioned Monica was a dagger directed at Fiona (Amy Rossum).

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

Hey, this was actually a pretty decent episode. I'd go so far as to say it was the first good episode we've seen in years. I liked all the characters coming together for a single purpose, and minimum subplot nonsense. Everything tied into each other pretty well. I was worried it was going to end with Terry shooting and killing Mickey so I'm relieved it ended on a happy note (for Mickey and Ian, anyway). 

But yeah, someone should have mentioned trying to contact Fiona. They've never even said where she went. 

I liked the simple ceremony. I get so tired of mushy, lengthy vows written by the couple. Just the traditional vows can be so effective. For once this felt like an authentic Shameless episode.

Still worried about Terry being out there somewhere though. Because we can't have nice things.

Also loved Debbie's new girlfriend punching Julia square in the face. Do that some more! And I liked Tami coming around to on rehab house. 

I didn't even realize this was the season finale, but it makes sense.

Show-runners choice. Her leaving the show was not amicable. The fact that Ian mentioned Monica was a dagger directed at Fiona

I can't find any evidence to support this. Where did you hear that Emmy Rossum's departure was not amicable?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Show-runners choice. Her leaving the show was not amicable. The fact that Ian mentioned Monica was a dagger directed at Fiona

17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I can't find any evidence to support this. Where did you hear that Emmy Rossum's departure was not amicable?

"Back in 2016, Rossum famously went head-to-head with the show’s producers over her salary, which forced the network, Showtime, to delay renewal of the eighth season."

Full article here:  https://tinyurl.com/y9ljwa5b

• Love 1
3 hours ago, backhometome said:

It was a good episode. 

I liked that everyone worked together to give Ian and Mickey their wedding.

Only thing that bothered me was no mention of Fiona. I mean they mention Monica but not the actual person that raised Ian. 

I thought the same thing. I liked the mention of Monica -- cuz that's what real people do -- they remember their dead. But it would also have been nice to mention Fiona -- like  you know? that they missed her too and wished she was there. Cuz that's also what real people do -- they remember their family members that are away.

Anyway -- I have loved Ian and Micky's relationship for years -- those two crazy kids are so cute! I am glad they finally tied the knot.

Oh and the scene in the kitchen when they are all still trying to find a venue for the wedding and Micky is handcuffed to the shelf. Ha! and everyone is all nonchalant like  yeah -- at the Gallagher's having someone handcuffed is like an everyday occurrence.

and I did LOL at the end when Micky's dad does the drive by -- Ian is like-- So? Your dad's still mad huh? haha!

Debbie's mess is getting messier by the minute. and Carl is now sleeping with the daughter? Haha! Of course he is.

This was the "season finale" ? Did I read somewhere it's coming back this summer and will be the series finale? I will be sad to see the Gallagher's go.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, preeya said:

"Back in 2016, Rossum famously went head-to-head with the show’s producers over her salary, which forced the network, Showtime, to delay renewal of the eighth season."

Full article here:  https://tinyurl.com/y9ljwa5b

But she got more money. She didn't announce her departure until August of 2018 -- fully 2 years after the salary "dispute" I can't find anything that says her departure was not amiable. Even William Macy wished her luck.

Edited: to say I found something that the creators/producers are trying to get her back to the series finale. That doesn't sound like any bad blood exists between Emmy and the showrunners.

Edited by taanja
reasons
  • Love 2

I found them mentioning “Monica would have loved the wedding” a nice touch. She always had a closer affection towards Ian than the other kids. Frank even remarked on it previous seasons saying he thought it was because he looked most like her. 

• Love 1

But she got more money. She didn't announce her departure until August of 2018 -- fully 2 years after the salary "dispute" I can't find anything that says her departure was not amiable. Even William Macy wished her luck.

Agreed, I think there has just been a lot of speculation because the saga of her asking for more money was very public. I can't find anything anywhere to suggest she was forced off the show or that there is bad blood on either side.

That said, I do think it's strange they didn't mention Fiona at all in this episode. She left with $50K - she gave the other $50K to Debbie. She can't travel the world on that forever. I'm suspicious when the writing essentially pretends a character doesn't exist anymore.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, arachne said:

Okay, how many went "No, no, no!" when the bartender said, "You want rum in that?" Futile, I know, but still...

Not me -- I like it when fictional characters fuck up. Especially Shameless characters.

I actually do think at its prime The US version of Shameless was leaps and bounds better then the British version.   But the show hasn’t been in its prime in years.   Maybe since around Monica’s death.   The British version did do something interesting and started focusing away from the core family.   Some of my favorite storylines never even involved them.   The US version is actually in a perfect position to pivot more toward the Malkovitch’s and even toward the town at large and how everyone reacts to a changing landscape.  I am by no means saying get rid of the Gallagher’s but focusing solely on them isn’t working anymore.

• Love 3
On 1/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, backhometome said:

It was a good episode. 

I liked that everyone worked together to give Ian and Mickey their wedding.

When they mentioned Monica, I said, out loud, "I miss Fiona."  😞

• Love 1

I'm biased, but I loved this episode. I love "Gallavich." My wife and I combined our last names when we got married and I wish more couples did! The wedding was cute, it was great that the restaurant owner wasn't actually a homophobe, and I'm glad no blood was shed. I was WORRIED for those Gay Jesus people confronting Mickey's dad, though.

I have no problem with Lip falling off the wagon. I was proud of him for immediately looking for a meeting, though. Don't really care if he and Tami end up together, though. They needed crowbars and sledges to remove all that wood, not hammers, right? That reminds me of the time when I tried to saw off an inch of a too-long board with whittling tools.

Is Carl over 18? I assume not because Debbie is only 19, right? If he is, and she can be arrested for statutory rape, so can he. Either way I'm glad this teenager crap is over. I liked the mom but the kid was annoying and boring.

God, I even liked Frank tearing up at the wedding, and being proud of Liam for his trickery. And I HATE Frank.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 6
On 1/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, monagatuna said:

I'm biased, but I loved this episode. I love "Gallavich."

I loved it so much. I was terrified it would end badly, but it was perfect.  

On 1/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, monagatuna said:

Is Carl over 18? I assume not because Debbie is only 19, right? If he is, and she can be arrested for statutory rape, so can he. 

I'm thinking that's why he asked her when her 18th birthday was. Not because of Debbie, but because of his own situation with her.