Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Tony Vlachos

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

A little bit of a UO, but I like Tony. He played a great game in Cagayan and is entertaining. I'm not necessarily rooting for him to win this season, but I hope he can keep from losing his mind the way he did in Game Changers because I'd like him to stick around for at least a little while.

• Love 6

He's too much for me.  I didn't particularly enjoy him as a winner, but really, I mainly fault the other players of Cagayan for not taking him out right away.  He would have driven me insane if I was on his tribe.  He can be entertaining in small doses.

• Love 6

I just hope they give equal time to all players, rather than picking a couple to highlight and give too much air time to.  I am watching Redemption Island and it is totally The Phillip Show.

Yes, they show Rob a lot but in smaller doses.  Phillip just keeps going on and on and on and on...

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I just hope they give equal time to all players, rather than picking a couple to highlight and give too much air time to.  I am watching Redemption Island and it is totally The Phillip Show.

Yes, they show Rob a lot but in smaller doses.  Phillip just keeps going on and on and on and on...

This is what I'm afraid of, especially if certain players won't feed into what TPTB want from them on camera.  By personalities alone, I can see camera time being dominated by the men this season, especially since some of the women weren't Probst faves to begin with.  

• Love 1

It will be interesting how it’s edited for all Winners. There have been other All Star seasons where some got a purple edit. Off hand, I seem to recall Brenda always at the end of the beach and didn’t want to give confessionals. Now, you have 20 people, 3 Finalist and jury of people to contend with. Not everyone will have a storyline. I’m just curious to see who makes the cut and will it be all Rob & Sandra 24x7 even if they aren’t anywhere near the finals. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Off hand, I seem to recall Brenda always at the end of the beach and didn’t want to give confessionals.

I don't know if this is true, but Brenda said that she spent a lot of time singing songs so that she wouldn't get any airtime because the producers wouldn't want to pay the music royalties. No idea if she was serious or not, or even why she wouldn't want to be featured.

17 hours ago, Matteo said:

He's too much for me.  I didn't particularly enjoy him as a winner, but really, I mainly fault the other players of Cagayan for not taking him out right away.  He would have driven me insane if I was on his tribe.  He can be entertaining in small doses.

Agreed. I don't hate Tony but I don't like Tony. He is too over the top for me. That said, he played a solid game his season and knew the people he was playing well enough to manipulate them. He earned that win.

• Love 3
On 1/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, LadyChatts said:

This is what I'm afraid of, especially if certain players won't feed into what TPTB want from them on camera.  By personalities alone, I can see camera time being dominated by the men this season, especially since some of the women weren't Probst faves to begin with.  

This will bother me but only if the women aren't going on and on about being mothers now and how they are playing for their kids to see them as strong blah blah blah

• Love 2
On 2/14/2020 at 12:15 PM, CletusMusashi said:

He needs to grow some stubble ASAP. I don't even care where, just... SOMEWHERE! Between the bald head, the clean-shaven face, and the strangely hairless body, he looks like an enormous creepy baby.

It’s a good thing I was on the toilet when I read that.  🤣🤣🤣

While watching Tony climb his home-made ladder, my husband said that Tony must have been an absolute legend when he was about 14 and that Tony's friends from that era are probably still telling stories about him.

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, Hera said:

While watching Tony climb his home-made ladder, my husband said that Tony must have been an absolute legend when he was about 14 and that Tony's friends from that era are probably still telling stories about him.

Ha. Now I'm thinking about a kid I went to junior high with who would eat absolutely any kind of insect if you asked him to. Tony was probably just like that.

• Love 3

Tony quote:

Me just making everybody laugh. Me keeping my shoulders shrugged down. Me hunching my back over, keeping my arms down, never crossing them, talking to people from a lower ground, so they could look down at me when they talked to me, instead of me looking down at them.

OK but Tony let's not pretend like you're not 5'6" lol.

• LOL 5

I know Tony isn't for everybody, but I love the guy and thrilled he won.  I won't be surprised if this is the last time he plays again, though.  A two time winner who already had a target going in, and that's only going to get bigger if he came back.  He never even got any votes all season, which I'd say is pretty impressive (I'm amazed his name rarely came up, and the people who were bringing it up didn't have the numbers to do anything about it).  I wonder how lucky he got after the Sandra boot that his tribe didn't lose another IC.  I think that might have been the difference between him being a pre-merge boot and making the merge.  He played a great game.  

I thought his spy nest act was hilarious last night.  Now I wish Natalie and Sarah had kept talking, since it sounded like he was close to falling out of the tree and blowing his cover.  I can just imagine Tony falling in a big clump and Natalie being all 'what the hell?!'  And Sarah just standing there debating whether she should act surprised too or not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I thought his spy nest act was hilarious last night. 

Like all of Tony's antics for me, they're funny for a minute and then they're tired the 500th time I see them, but I have to say in the finale when he was all, "I was up there for an hour. I almost died!" or whatever I was rolling.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like all of Tony's antics for me, they're funny for a minute and then they're tired the 500th time I see them, but I have to say in the finale when he was all, "I was up there for an hour. I almost died!" or whatever I was rolling.

I agree that the spy nest didn't really impact the game (Sarah would've shared the info anyway). However, Tony overselling it at tribal definitely had a positive impact for him. Wendell and Adam seemed impressed. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah, the spy nest wasn't funny by then, but that fact that he was up there for so long made it funny.  That's why I said, I wish Natalie and Sarah had kept talking, because I think he would have blown his cover pretty quickly.

• Love 2