Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

ElectricBoogaloo

S07.E09: Bugs

Recommended Posts

Quote

With his back against the wall, Ray turns to Judge Scholl to clear his name with Detective Perry; Daryll is pushed to the edge by the Sullivans while Mickey continues to chase Jim's money; Terry makes an unexpected friend at physical therapy.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/12/20

Share this post


Link to post

Can somebody please refresh my memory regarding the specifics of last season's Ed Ferretti and Gregory Scholl plot line? Thanks. 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Share this post


Link to post

Mickey was a shit father but he was kinder than I thought he would be when he saw how upset Smitty was. But I totally cracked up when he was trying to comfort Smitty about how everyone rats  on other people and used Ray as an example. Ray wasn't under pressure to get out from under something. He ratted Mickey out because he wanted him to go to prison.

Am I really supposed to believe that Darryl is THAT upset about Jasmine's death? Didn't he just meet her like a week ago?

Alan Alda figured out that Terry is Ray's brother as soon as he heard "Donovan" so I'm guessing he's going to steer clear of Terry from now on, which is a shame because Terry could really use a non-Donovan friend.

Man, Perry and Fareed took Scholl way out to BFE and someone STILL knew where they were. Now I really want to know who Feratti has working for him that had that info.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Man, Perry and Fareed took Scholl way out to BFE and someone STILL knew where they were. Now I really want to know who Feratti has working for him that had that info.

My guess is the detective's captain (or is he a lieutenant?). 

When Ray bugged the Judge's office, I thought back to the discussion in a prior thread regarding whether Smitty could wear a wire against Ray even though the police didn't have a warrant. I argued that under NY law, he could b/c NY is a one-party state. Ray, on the other hand, was bugging an office where, if he wasn't one of the participants, it would be a violation of NY law. That's not even taking into account that he broke into the judge's chambers (a felony) and was doing so as an agent of the police. Any information obtained would be thrown out. Fortunately, Ray just used it to convince the judge to make a deal w/ the police. 

It gave me the feels watching Mick commiserate w/ Smitty. No, wait, that was acid reflux. 

Enjoyed Alan Alda meeting Terry. It's a shame he can't continue to do so w/o violating his oath as Ray's doctor. He'd risk revealing information that he could only have gotten from his sessions w/ Ray. 

Anyone else think that Ray's girlfriend is going to turn on him, or even was working for her father the whole time?

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

Anyone else think that Ray's girlfriend is going to turn on him, or even was working for her father the whole time?

I don't think she was working for her father all this time, but I do think that she's going to have to decide who she's more loyal to. I think she started making that choice when she stole that tape for Ray, but I think it's going to come down to something bigger than that.

I know Ray had another busy day because he's like Jack Bauer, but I really wish he had finished listening to that tape when he came home and found that Molly had fallen asleep while listening to it. Or maybe it was too hard for him to hear Bridget's voice?

I kind of laughed about how last week Smitty didn't want anything to do with Bridget and this week he was begging her to stay. Interesting that she was so much more intolerant of his snitching than Mickey, who totally brushed it aside (although if Smitty had told Mickey that he ratted on him, Mickey might have tossed him off that pier).

I'm glad that Bridget knew to play the "I don't know what you're talking about" game with the police, but damn, didn't Ray teach her to immediately ask for a lawyer?

 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

 

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Man, Perry and Fareed took Scholl way out to BFE and someone STILL knew where they were. Now I really want to know who Feratti has working for him that had that info.

Definitely the captain. As soon as the detective told him about Ferrati, he got on the phone to call him. And I think he is in the woods with the other two looking for the judge.

Can a laser scope show on a target through curtains?

Ray has/had a lot of fires to put out. Darryl, the Sullivans, flipping/now finding the judge, Ferrati, Mickey, and Smitty. It's too much!

Darryl drove the streets for a day and a half with the body and bullet hole through the windshield. He is messed up but I still don't feel bad for him.  All those witnesses (one guy was recording him on his phone) and the police never caught up to him.

If Declan knew where he was hiding, why didn't they go after him and not call Ray?

Bridget can leave Smitty for making a deal with the police but Smitty can't leave her for cheating on him!

I wonder what Bridget told the police. We never saw her after she was shown the pictures and asked the questions.

Molly has heard the tapes and knows what her father did. She will confront him next week.

Young Ray had all these signs about his sister. He didn't put it together when she committed suicide?

As usual, Mickey is making money plans, probably already has it spent in his mind but doesn't have the certificates. Why is Frankie Lee bother looking into the dollars for him? 

Bunchy is a pro at stalking/looking creepy and he loves his Pop Tarts.

As soon as Alan Alda's character heard Terry say the "Donovan" name, he knew it was time to go!

Mickey was so nice to Smitty when he found out he didn't rat on him.

Edited by mxc90

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

My guess is the detective's captain (or is he a lieutenant?). 

Anyone else think that Ray's girlfriend is going to turn on him, or even was working for her father the whole time?

Ray’s girlfriend is listening to the tapes so she’s finding out what a real piece of shit her father is.  

Share this post


Link to post

Ray flipped as quickly as Simone Biles.  Police cut him loose faster than the time it took for them to arrest him.

He would have had Lena cut the camera and set up the bomb but she's busy with whatever they do on that show they've retreaded to death.

So of course there was going to be more corrupt cops.

Why would only two cops, Perry and the red shirt, meet with the judge in some remote cabin so that the bad guys can send assassins?

So that they could be ambushed of course, because if they had the judge come into police HQ or maybe you know, get the FBI involved since the mayor of the biggest city in the country is implicated in murders and all other kinds of crimes, then they're not going to have some action-filled climax.

Not sure why Ray and Perry are going to go after the shooters, try to save the judge.  They have the taped confession and the documents, which the assassins didn't even bother to get or destroy.

And even if there are corrupt cops in the NYPD, if Perry radios and points out the fact that a cop has been shot, there would be no choice but for them to send in the calvary.  But of course, conveniently they're holed up in the middle of nowhere so they have to fend for themselves.

Why is Ray suppose to be great at stealth gun battle with a handgun while the other guys have automatic rifles with scopes, maybe night vision?  This is the kind of thing Avi would be trained for since he was in the Mossad.

 

I was thinking at the start of the episode that if they put Ray away, it would be justice.  How many bodies has he dropped?  Of course most of the guys he killed probably deserved it.

But what about when he was enforcer for Jim Sullivan or working for Ezra all those years?

He could have dozens of bodies notched on his belt, even if he is the protagonist of the show.  A lot of fans wanted Tony to be brought to justice at the end of The Sopranos.

I wonder if all the tragedy in his life that they've depicted is just to excuse all the people he's beaten up and killed over the years.  

When they show these flashbacks to his time in Boston, it's just not credible that he and his brothers were molested.  In that kitchen scene with Bunchy wanting money for pop tarts, they seem somewhat happy, despite their mother being sick and Mickey being a POS father.  So the molestation hasn't happened?  I don't see Ray letting anything like that to happen, because he's already busting heads of grown men.

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Can somebody please refresh my memory regarding the specifics of last season's Ed Ferretti and Gregory Scholl plot line? Thanks. 

And also Emerson Lake's involvement in this and any others? 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't remember it but it was some big scam and Ferretti roped in a lot of dirty cops, the judge and others.

And he held court in a fucking bowling alley.

I guess they couldn't get like an office building to stage it as city or something.

I think the main idea is, this is how Ray gets out from under Ferretti, by getting the judge to flip.  Just as he got out from under the Susan Sarandon character, nobody is going to have leverage over Ray indefinitely.

Thing is, it would be FBI or some federal agency who'd investigate and prosecute the mayor, not the local PD, which is implicated in the corruption.

And you wouldn't have some fixer getting a major witness to flip.  I doubt the cops would agree to releasing Ray for him to find a way to bring in the judge as a witness.  They may let him wear a wire but helping them make the case?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scrb said:

I think the main idea is, this is how Ray gets out from under Ferretti, by getting the judge to flip.  Just as he got out from under the Susan Sarandon character, nobody is going to have leverage over Ray indefinitely.

 

This reminds me, how does Ray still have that apartment that she put him up in?

What are the odds that Terry and Dr Alan Alda would be at the same PT?

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Anyone else think that Ray's girlfriend is going to turn on him, or even was working for her father the whole time?

Not only that, I can't wait to find out who in the Sullivan family did what to Ray's sister to cause her to kill herself.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

If Ray kills Jim, who's terminal anyways, are he and Molly done?

Hmm, Ray is like 17 or 18, maybe even older.  Molly looked like a toddler in those flashbacks.

Or maybe Declan is the villain.  Ray wants to beat the shit out of him so all he needs is the slightest reason.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, preeya said:

Not only that, I can't wait to find out who in the Sullivan family did what to Ray's sister to cause her to kill herself.

I'm pretty sure that Jim molested her/raped her. My only other guess is that she thought she was in love with him (and they were hooking up) and then he told her that he wasn't going to leave his wife and marry her. Bridget was pregnant when she killed herself so unless the show decides to zig instead of zag, I'm 99% sure that baby is Jim's. Last week, Gary specifically asked Ray if he was still working for Jim "after what he did to your wife and to your sister."

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm pretty sure that Jim molested her/raped her. My only other guess is that she thought she was in love with him (and they were hooking up) and then he told her that he wasn't going to leave his wife and marry her. Bridget was pregnant when she killed herself so unless the show decides to zig instead of zag, I'm 99% sure that baby is Jim's. Last week, Gary specifically asked Ray if he was still working for Jim "after what he did to your wife and to your sister."

Yes, that's what piqued my thoughts, but I was thinking some kind of a twist, like perhaps Declan (??) who is the ultimate sleaze.

That covers the sister, what could he/they have done to the wife (Ray's mother), other than taking Mickey away from the family.

Edited by preeya

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, preeya said:

what could he/they have done to the wife (Ray's mother), other than taking Mickey away from the family.

I’m pretty sure that Gary said “your wife” to Ray which means Abby. I’ll have to go back and double check. I mean, we know Abby was from the same neighborhood so it’s possible that Jim slept with Abby or did something to her at some point, but I really hope that’s not the case. Abby is dead and gone and I don’t need Ray angsting about “Why didn’t Abby ever tell me about this?” Heh I did briefly wonder how old Bridget is and if the show would pull a total soap opera who’s your daddy switcheroo and say that Abby was pregnant when she married Ray and Jim is really Bridget’s father - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNN!

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Never thought I would see the day when Ray would snitch to the coppers. Other than on Mickey, anyway.

Did I understand correctly that Mickey was making his kids kick in on the rent? Geez.

So Smitty is the new Daryll for Mickey?

"Were you thinking about that when you cut their heads off?" Yeah, that's exactly what Bridget was thinking of. 😑

Hmm, I figured it was Claudette who made that anonymous call to the police. In this episode it didn't seem like she was expecting anything to have happened with Daryll. If it wasn't her who would've it been?

Meh, Daryll, I dunno if Ray's willing to kill his girlfriend's brother. Not for you, anyway.

Quote

As soon as Alan Alda's character heard Terry say the "Donovan" name, he knew it was time to go!

If only everyone were that wise. When you see a Donovan you better head in the opposite direction.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I’m pretty sure that Gary said “your wife” to Ray which means Abby. I’ll have to go back and double check. I mean, we know Abby was from the same neighborhood so it’s possible that Jim slept with Abby or did something to her at some point, but I really hope that’s not the case. Abby is dead and gone and I don’t need Ray angsting about “Why didn’t Abby ever tell me about this?” Heh I did briefly wonder how old Bridget is and if the show would pull a total soap opera who’s your daddy switcheroo and say that Abby was pregnant when she married Ray and Jim is really Bridget’s father - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNN!

Like I said previously I'm thinking there will be a twist so it could very well be - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNN!

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

 

Did I understand correctly that Mickey was making his kids kick in on the rent? Geez.

 

I think they were showing the kids staying together after their mother died and Mickey was off living with Darryl's mother.  

  • Love 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think they were showing the kids staying together after their mother died and Mickey was off living with Darryl's mother.  

For I minute there, I thought I tuned in too late and was watching Shameless.

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2020 at 8:10 AM, Loandbehold said:

My guess is the detective's captain (or is he a lieutenant?). 

When Ray bugged the Judge's office, I thought back to the discussion in a prior thread regarding whether Smitty could wear a wire against Ray even though the police didn't have a warrant. I argued that under NY law, he could b/c NY is a one-party state. Ray, on the other hand, was bugging an office where, if he wasn't one of the participants, it would be a violation of NY law. That's not even taking into account that he broke into the judge's chambers (a felony) and was doing so as an agent of the police. Any information obtained would be thrown out. Fortunately, Ray just used it to convince the judge to make a deal w/ the police. 

It gave me the feels watching Mick commiserate w/ Smitty. No, wait, that was acid reflux. 

Enjoyed Alan Alda meeting Terry. It's a shame he can't continue to do so w/o violating his oath as Ray's doctor. He'd risk revealing information that he could only have gotten from his sessions w/ Ray. 

Anyone else think that Ray's girlfriend is going to turn on him, or even was working for her father the whole time?

I don't think Ray did bug the office, he stuck a red thingy in the phone and then a day or so later, came to the judges office with his own little red thingy and said "look what I found, lets see if you have one too"  He was tricking the judge into thinking he was bugged.  Gaslighting at its finest.  

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't think Ray did bug the office, he stuck a red thingy in the phone and then a day or so later, came to the judges office with his own little red thingy and said "look what I found, lets see if you have one too"  He was tricking the judge into thinking he was bugged.  Gaslighting at its finest. 

It wasn't just the phone. He also put under the desk and I believe in a light or lampshade. He then used a device that detects such bugs. Presumably the device beeps when there is some electrical activity and not simply beep when it runs over a piece of plastic that's otherwise completely inert.

And, since he was going to destroy them anyway, he might as well use real recording devices. If the Mayor knows what an electronic bug looks like (and, given his corrupt behavior, that is not entirely unlikely) it's best for Ray to use actual recording devices rather than risk the Mayor calling his bluff.

Share this post


Link to post

Love this show.  However some of the storylines make me pause.  Such as the shootout in the remote cabin where the judge was giving his testimony.  Guys come in with weapons, hit the FBI and miss their intended target, an overweight older man who outruns them through the woods.  The female officer sits in the cabin with the deceased officer until Ray comes in, then she decides to join in on the hunt.  I am wondering where all the money signed over is going to go or if Bunchy is going to lose millions again. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Madison59 said:

Love this show.  However some of the storylines make me pause.  Such as the shootout in the remote cabin where the judge was giving his testimony.  Guys come in with weapons, hit the FBI and miss their intended target, an overweight older man who outruns them through the woods.  The female officer sits in the cabin with the deceased officer until Ray comes in, then she decides to join in on the hunt.  I am wondering where all the money signed over is going to go or if Bunchy is going to lose millions again. 🙂

They didn't call in the FBI, which is why this is kind of ridiculous.

Also, Ferretti the mayor of NY hangs out all the time in an abandoned bowling alley.

Maybe they filmed some outdoor scenes in NYC but most of it is being filmed in LA.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Madison59 said:

Love this show.  However some of the storylines make me pause.  Such as the shootout in the remote cabin where the judge was giving his testimony.  Guys come in with weapons, hit the FBI and miss their intended target, an overweight older man who outruns them through the woods.  The female officer sits in the cabin with the deceased officer until Ray comes in, then she decides to join in on the hunt.  I am wondering where all the money signed over is going to go or if Bunchy is going to lose millions again. 🙂

who also jumps/shimmies off a 2nd floor deck/stairway

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2020 at 10:03 AM, preeya said:

Yes, that's what piqued my thoughts, but I was thinking some kind of a twist, like perhaps Declan (??) who is the ultimate sleaze.

That covers the sister, what could he/they have done to the wife (Ray's mother), other than taking Mickey away from the family.

I'm expecting a second twist after the Bridget bombshell detonates.

Share this post


Link to post

So the next episode is the season's final episode. What a disappointing season. I had hoped that Dr. Alan Alda would have some interesting sessions with Ray, but they were so short and superficial they were almost not even necessary. 

This season was just a continuation of the final episode of last season and I did not like Molly or her father or that whole story line. The only thing it may do is explain Ray's sister's suicide. 

This season was the most preposterous of all, starting with Mickey coming out of that crash live. Was this series renewed? 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size