Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: 1,000 Pounds to Freedom LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

If it's 1,000 pounds to freedom does that mean they will only be free when they are dead and have become nothing more than dust?  That's a long way off even for the Slaton sisters.  Way to make it creepy, TLC!

Amy and Tammy go to Atlanta to meet Dr. Procter to discuss weight loss surgery. When they arrive, Dr. Procter gives Tammy a hefty weight loss goal before he will approve her for surgery, meanwhile the Dietician has more bad news for Amy.

Doctor Procter is in the house!  How much weight does Tammy need to lose before being approved for surgery?  In what ways will she act out?  The big money says she will be

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date: 2010.01.08

• LOL 4

I strongly dislike Tamy.  Amy is somewhat more sympathetic... I wonder if they should be separated, didn't we see some disfunctional family split up before for their own weight loss benefit?

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 3

Okay. Six minutes into this, and after watching last week's episode, I'm over these two. Tammy especially. 

I may check in to see what the doctor tells them. They can clown around all they want, but sitting there with the doctor is when sh*t gets real. I hope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, aliya said:

Well, I made it for this at least, after missing Dr Now. I'm pretty sure I don't want either of the sisters to hug me at a meet & greet.

Wonder if someone under 200 lbs or 6 feet would even survive the encounter...  might suffocate in the fat folds!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

"A lot of our fans are over seas"

Queue Dr. Phil crossover where Amy is telling the audience that her boyfriend in Nigeria is a honest to goodness millionaire but needs money from her to move his trunk full of treasures to the US.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

I watch these to feel better that I only need to lose 45 lbs 😏

Yeahhh...I’m having a really blah day about that shit. I’m up 20 lbs after pregnancy and feelibg all of it. Idk tho, after Amy & Tamy, I’m thinking I look damn good. 

• Love 4

Let me start this by saying that I'm against body shaming in anyway, however, what do they think the reaction is going to be when they're that size, at a all you can eat buffet and going back for multiple plates when one of them can't even walk to said buffet but has to use a wheelchair? I mean, not that I'm saying they deserve shaming or people should point and laugh, but jeez, it's shocking to see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Healthy eating: pouring a bag of trail mix down your throat in the car then following it up with some BBQ.

Dammit, I've been doing it all wrong.

-----

Weight aside, can you imagine having that woman as your mother?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Let me start this by saying that I'm against body shaming in anyway, however, what do they think the reaction is going to be when they're that size, at a all you can eat buffet and going back for multiple plates when one of them can't even walk to said buffet but has to use a wheelchair? I mean, not that I'm saying they deserve shaming or people should point and laugh, but jeez, it's shocking to see.

Plus, a camera crew filming everything.

So on their way to see Dr. Proctor, they hit the buffet?  And a BBQ place after a bunch of snacks?     They better stop eating, and laughing, before they choke.   It's not like anyone could do a successful Heimlich on either of them.    And now drive thrus?    These women are pathetic.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Don’t forget the camera crew. That probably causes the reaction as much or more than anything. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I really hate buffets! Something about them makes me incredibly anxious. I get overwhelmed by all the food choices and I end up eating so little I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I tend to have the opposite problem, I tend to try a little bite of everything that looks interesting, but even if it is a spoonful, a hundred choices is a hundred spoonfuls which is way more than I normally need, and I get stuffed to the gills.  

8 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Yeahhh...I’m having a really blah day about that shit. I’m up 20 lbs after pregnancy and feelibg all of it. Idk tho, after Amy & Tamy, I’m thinking I look damn good. 

Amen.....its all difficult I guess.  These lbs arent budging.  Good old menopause...sucks!

• Love 4
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

They appear to be pretty intelligent in their cameos. But, there were so many negatives I early life....lots of things stacked against them. Maybe, better health can turn it around for them.

Do they? Do they really? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, suev33 3 said:

Amen.....its all difficult I guess.  These lbs arent budging.  Good old menopause...sucks!

I’m blaming age this time around, managed to gain 70 pounds since last April for no good reason and it just isn’t budging.  Ugh.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Here’s my thing: I don’t get why they’re okay when they exploit themselves and their weight on YouTube, but are upset and angry when people look at them at an all-you-can-eat buffet? Oh, and they’re being followed by a camera crew. And they’re loud and obnoxious. They make a spectacle of themselves. It’s no wonder people are staring!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

These two aren't going to lose any weight at all. They're just too stupid.

That's my impression.

I think this show is a replacement for Family by the Ton, and I would much rather have the third year follow-up or see some more members of that first family with Chitoka and Naomi than see these two... 

I am torn between hoping no one shows up to their "meet and greet" because that may serve as a wake-up call for them and help them lose weight - and between thinking it may actually make them depressed and make them eat more, and if someone does come, maybe that someone will encourage them to do well... 

On the purely emotional level, the schadenfreude is winning...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I only just stumbled onto this show because I did not turn the channel after Dr. Now.  But what is with their cro magnon foreheads?  I don't think I'm going to be able to tolerate this show.  It's one thing to be fat; but these girls are just nasty.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

In their thirties and never left their state?!?!

Please (said in a nice way). Ever meet anyone from NYC or DC? Some of these folks think they'd fall off the ends of the earth if they went anywhere else. 

• Love 4