Type keyword(s) to search

Hot And Heavy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/21/2019 at 6:19 PM, Giant Misfit said:

TLC's latest classy TV series features "mixed weight couples" -- a descriptor that is most certainly NOT A THING -- where one partner is heavier than the other. 

TLC has put a few episodes online for early premieres ahead of the January TV premiere date. 

I am So. Excited. for this dumpster fire. Sooooo many unlikable people. I’m champing at the bit!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I felt sorry for all the women attached to this endeavor. Except for Joy, I don't remember any of their names right now but it seemed to me that TLC was trying for the, "What is this good looking man doing with these awful fat woman?" angle. It was just...gross. 

The guy from Florida strikes me as an abusive-asshole-in-waiting. 

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I felt sorry for all the women attached to this endeavor. Except for Joy, I don't remember any of their names right now but it seemed to me that TLC was trying for the, "What is this good looking man doing with these awful fat woman?" angle. It was just...gross. 

The guy from Florida strikes me as an abusive-asshole-in-waiting. 

I agree with everything you said. The guy in Florida though is already an assshole. And I think Chris will be very disappointed when Joy can't go hiking with him, or backpacking in Europe.

• Love 3

Seems these guys are in love with the image and not the actual person.  Nothing wrong with loving someone of a grander size but it looks like that is all these guys are focusing on and the girls seem miserable.  I tuned in to see if they were were normal people - not chubby chasers.  I was wrong.  Don't need to see miserable women in a fetish show.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mytmo said:

Seems these guys are in love with the image and not the actual person.  Nothing wrong with loving someone of a grander size but it looks like that is all these guys are focusing on and the girls seem miserable.  I tuned in to see if they were were normal people - not chubby chasers.  I was wrong.  Don't need to see miserable women in a fetish show.

Yes - real love for someone means you DON'T want them to die early from diabetes or a COLLAPSED LUNG!!! I almost died when Joy said that!

• Love 1

I watched this and the cringe factor was off the charts. What a nasty, mean-spirited show. TLC has truly scraped the bottom of a very, very, very large barrel. These women were basically mocked full-stop. I cannot imagine they are happy with how this was presented. But...who knows anymore...

• Love 3

I think there is a real problem with someone who claims to love their partner yet doesn't support them improving themselves in some way. Setting aside the superficial, the woman in FL could be healthier & able to have her own children if she loses weight. Her husband, who she says has three other kids, isn't supportive. So to me, that strongly suggests she's more of a fetish for him than someone he truly cares about.

I think that's the true test with these guys - whether they would stick around should their wives lose weight.

• Love 4

This show fascinates me. Didn't catch names, and even though all are obese,  the only one who is scary overweight has enormous breasts. No idea how she carries all that weight. If you love your partner, you want them healthy, bottom line.

Very cringe worthy. The "nice" guy Chris was disturbing when he was feeding Joy. She probably found him on the feeder app.  The guys skeeve me out. I know guys that are married to big women. It's not about their weight. They don't creep me out.

Edited by Morgalisa
  • Love 1

I came, I watched, and  I cringed.  I can't remember names, but the couple who went to the bar to meet his co-workers-that was a new low, even for TLC.  He made her walk in alone while prepping his friends.  That was so uncomfortable.  And she has a collapsed lung from her weight?  Lady, I love that you feel beautiful, but for damn sake, you gotta be able to breathe!  I was telling my husband that the boyfriend had to have mommy issues and it looks like I was right-his mom had weight loss surgery.  

Edited by ccphilly
  • Love 3

If in everyday life, if we eliminate making furniture to accommodate just a certain group, get rid of hurtful words, and expectations for attractiveness... what is left to be concerned with? 

No use asking the producers. They didn’t even recommend proper hiking shoes for their fakes hike, in wet weather at that. Tired of large people having public issues with chairs. 

Joy's fiance might be the worst guy I have ever seen on a reality show.  And I have watched all seasons of Married at First Sight!  And Joy, when you admit on tv to having a COLLAPSED LUNG from being so big - his mom is not out of bounds questioning your health!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, princelina said:

Joy's fiance might be the worst guy I have ever seen on a reality show.  And I have watched all seasons of Married at First Sight!  And Joy, when you admit on tv to having a COLLAPSED LUNG from being so big - his mom is not out of bounds questioning your health!

Joy's fiancé?  Or Kristins?  Kristin is the one trying to lose weight and her husband seems to be sabotaging it.  

Joy's boobs are so big, it looks uncomfortable.  I had to laugh at her fiancé acting like he was so agitated they got him strippers.  If a camera wasn't there, I'm sure he wouldn't of had any issue with it.  

3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Joy's fiancé?  Or Kristins?  Kristin is the one trying to lose weight and her husband seems to be sabotaging it.  

Joy's boobs are so big, it looks uncomfortable.  I had to laugh at her fiancé acting like he was so agitated they got him strippers.  If a camera wasn't there, I'm sure he wouldn't of had any issue with it.  

Joy's.  Kristin's husband seems like your average selfish douchebag, who's also acting a bit for the cameras.  (When he was covering himself in whipped cream and chocolate sauce he was not alone - he was hanging out with a camera man or two the whole time 😄)

Joy's fiance - how do I hate him?  Let me count the ways:

1.  He encourages her to sit on him and squish him - what?

2.  He was listing what had to happen for them to get engaged and the first thing was "meet his coworkers" - then it seemed like he gets together for drinks with his coworkers on a regular basis.  Why hadn't she met them already?

3.  When she did meet them he made her stand in the street while he went in first to warn them she was fat 

4.  He claims to want to do things like backpack around Europe, yet he wants to spend his life with a gal who can't even carry in the groceries?  Unless he intends to do his thing while she sits at home (like he apparently does with his coworkers)

5.  After all, his friend who had his bachelor party claimed that he goes out with him "all the time" - didn't sound like Joy was part of that either

6.  Making the dancers on the bar stop in the middle of their routine to prove to us what a self-righteous fat lover he is - virtue signaling never wins any points from me 😈

7.  Any concern over her health, considering that she can't even carry groceries in and had a COLLAPSED LUNG from being so big? None.

He just wants her to sit around the house staying fat so that he has a pair of giant breasts to dive into when he feels like coming home from living his normal, active life.  I hate him.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

Joy's.  Kristin's husband seems like your average selfish douchebag, who's also acting a bit for the cameras.  (When he was covering himself in whipped cream and chocolate sauce he was not alone - he was hanging out with a camera man or two the whole time 😄)

Joy's fiance - how do I hate him?  Let me count the ways:

1.  He encourages her to sit on him and squish him - what?

2.  He was listing what had to happen for them to get engaged and the first thing was "meet his coworkers" - then it seemed like he gets together for drinks with his coworkers on a regular basis.  Why hadn't she met them already?

3.  When she did meet them he made her stand in the street while he went in first to warn them she was fat 

4.  He claims to want to do things like backpack around Europe, yet he wants to spend his life with a gal who can't even carry in the groceries?  Unless he intends to do his thing while she sits at home (like he apparently does with his coworkers)

5.  After all, his friend who had his bachelor party claimed that he goes out with him "all the time" - didn't sound like Joy was part of that either

6.  Making the dancers on the bar stop in the middle of their routine to prove to us what a self-righteous fat lover he is - virtue signaling never wins any points from me 😈

7.  Any concern over her health, considering that she can't even carry groceries in and had a COLLAPSED LUNG from being so big? None.

He just wants her to sit around the house staying fat so that he has a pair of giant breasts to dive into when he feels like coming home from living his normal, active life.  I hate him.

That makes total sense and I appreciate the detailed list.  When his friend said he just likes big boobs, he nailed it.  

In other news, I'm trying to figure out who his best friend reminds me of.  I'm thinking of an actor in an 80's movie.  At first I thought Booger on Revenge of the Nerds, but now I'm not sure that's it. 

• Love 1

Wish more people watched this, need more snark. The engaged woman who went wedding dress shopping is a few months away from being on 600 lb life. In the preview for next week she is in the passenger seat of the car and her breasts are literally almost in her face. She has a seat belt on which good for her I guess she must have an extender. I really fear for her health she is so large.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

The engaged woman who went wedding dress shopping is a few months away from being on 600 lb life.

I thought the same thing when I saw her. She is delusional if she thinks she can maintain an upright position for much longer at 500 pounds. To see her stuffed in that car ... my god. I don't even know how she drove it. 

Her baby talk voice is especially grating. 

I loved how she was complaining that her future mother-in-law had no business discussing her weight. Well, maybe she wouldn't have had the producer not mentioned it! 

I feel sorry for that girl in British Columbia (?). She seems to have a lot of self esteem issues. 

6 minutes ago, princelina said:

Hopefully she'll smother that fucker fiance first 😄 

And that MIL. I know she's concerned, but, she's also rude & intrusive.

And she thinks the world of her son, who she says loves people for who they are not what they look like, all while he's loving the giant boobs.

Edited by gonecrackers

Ah she doesn't bother me so much - I suppose she loves her jackass of a son, but at least she does seem to understand the issues of signing up for life with a partner who can't do any of the things he claims to love doing, and she also understands what it's like to be too fat to do regular things and how much better it could be for them both (assuming he actually loved her) if Joy would get down to a reasonable weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Oh! Where did you see that she lost 200 pounds? I googled but couldn't find it! Good for her!!

No, was just going by how these shows can play the audience. But good for her IF she does. 

Wonder if the show will continue or if there will at least be some updates when it's over.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

No, was just going by how these shows can play the audience. But good for her IF she does. 

Wonder if the show will continue or if there will at least be some updates when it's over.

Oh! My mistake. I guess i read it too quickly and got excited about the possibility of her weight loss. I think they said she is 500 pounds? Gosh, that is dreadfully close to becoming bedbound like in "600 Pound Life". And i don't mean that in  a snarky way. Joy is lucky she is still mobile, especially with a partially collapsed lung. 

• Love 2
On 1/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, gonecrackers said:

It's Joy's husband's (forget his name) choice to marry her - as is. Good for the MIL improving herself, but she can't force Joy to change by constantly poking at her. Joy has to be ready & do it for herself or it won't stick anyway.

True - but it looks like mom is questioning why he wants to marry her "as is" when he claims he wants to backpack Europe, enjoys hiking, etc.  I'm sure she's mostly speaking up for the show, but either way, now is the time to ask if he's thought of that - not after they are married.  If the marriage goes through then she needs to STFU until it's time to say "I told you so" 😄 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, princelina said:

True - but it looks like mom is questioning why he wants to marry her "as is" when he claims he wants to backpack Europe, enjoys hiking, etc.  I'm sure she's mostly speaking up for the show, but either way, now is the time to ask if he's thought of that - not after they are married.  If the marriage goes through then she needs to STFU until it's time to say "I told you so" 😄 

Oh definitely agree. She should talk to him about it prior, & seems she did (maybe not just for the camera). I just didn't like her talking to Joy about her concerns. It didn't start them off on a good foot. I don't know what she expected to happen - like Joy would all of a sudden have an epiphany & want weight loss surgery just because his mom did. I'm sure she's aware of it being an option. It's also not exactly successful all the time & comes with risks- And Joy would have to make huge lifestyle changes regardless that the MIL can't make happen, only Joy can, if she wants it.

I still don't understand why a guy who has all these aspirations of travel etc. marries someone he damn well knows isn't going to be able to do with him. Either he doesn't care & will take off to do his own thing, come home to the boobs (as long as she lives), then go again, or, this is all BS & he has no real aspirations except to marry & feed her the rest of his life. Also wonder why the subject of kids never came up. At her weight that will be an issue & the MIL didn't ever bring that up, so maybe the son doesn't care about that either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Inga said:

Is it me, or did all of the boyfriends/ husbands/fiancé’s seem gay?

I just watched this - repeats - episode 1 and 2.  The first couple that was on -Joy and Chris.. In less than 3 minutes I said out loud "he seems gay"😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Boston said:

I just watched this - repeats - episode 1 and 2.  The first couple that was on -Joy and Chris.. In less than 3 minutes I said out loud "he seems gay"😀

Yeah, from the moment he started talking. And so did all his friends at the strip club, especially the best man (who is probably more than that). 
i wonder if there is something about closeted gay men getting with bigger girls? For some reason they can’t or won’t come out, so they go for really overweight women because maybe there’s less going on sexually??

• Love 1

And 2 of the guys said they would be happy with the woman gaining MORE weight.  WHAT??.. there is something wrong there (one of them wants to get pregnant and can't til she loses weight and her JACKASS of a husband is trying to sabotage her losing weight so she can lose weight and possible HAVE a baby.  This show to me, is an exercise of humiliation, mens lack of self-esteem (and the women too).  I kinda felt sad after I watched this.  The women put on a brave, strong face.. but I don't think so.. They are pegged into this life if they don't lose some weight.  Just saying.

There are guys who are really into morbidly obese women; feeders & the squashing thing I think it's called (I learned too much from 600lb Life).

1 hour ago, Boston said:

there is something wrong there (one of them wants to get pregnant and can't til she loses weight and her JACKASS of a husband is trying to sabotage her losing weight so she can lose weight and possible HAVE a baby.

He has, IIRC, 3 kids already. From what she says he agreed to have a kid with her too but is now changing his tune.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

There are guys who are really into morbidly obese women; feeders & the squashing thing I think it's called (I learned too much from 600lb Life).

He has, IIRC, 3 kids already. From what she says he agreed to have a kid with her too but is now changing his tune.

Exactly.. that is that Rusty guy... he looks like a swindler.. See, me, in my right mind, would NEVER hook up with a guy like that.. He's a sleeze.. I guess that Is why I said I felt kinda sad while watching that.  The woman really wants to have a baby and wants to do anything she can to have it.  HIM - he wants her to get fatter.. very sad and also humiliating as I said.

• Love 4

And you know the guy at the bar wanted the regular size strippers to strip.. if no one else was watching.  Just horrible all the way around.  He was doing what he thought his girlfriend would want and cameras were filming him.. and I don't even know if he wanted girls.???  Just my opinion.

• Love 1

I think Rusty is controlling and has a fetish, and Chris has a fetish too.  Didn't one of his friends say he always loved big breasts?
Joy really is in Dr.  Now range.
I have hope for the Newfoundland couple,

• Love 1
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think Rusty is controlling and has a fetish, and Chris has a fetish too.  Didn't one of his friends say he always loved big breasts?
Joy really is in Dr.  Now range.
I have hope for the Newfoundland couple,

These women need to get some self-worth and a backbone and tell these guys to SCREW.. I have big boobs and I don't have to flaunt them in front of everyone.. ok, they're not as big as those girls.. the guys just make me sick (the 2 guys- not the one from Canada).. I can't say anymore because it makes me sick and sad for these women.. (even if they don't want to change)

• Love 1