Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E17: Reunion

falltime
  • Start Topic

Hosted by Justina Valentine & Nick Young.

Air date: December 18, 2019

Cast members present: USA- Paulie, Cara Maria, Ninja, Leroy, Kam, Nany, Johnny, Josh, Laurel. UK- Theo, Bear, Georgia,Nicole, Jenny, Kyle,  Joss, Kayleigh, Tori, Dee, Jordan, CT, Rogan.

Edited by falltime

I was channel flipping so I'm going to have to watch the majority later. In the parts that I have seen Nick Young hasn't said a word, it should have just been Justina.  A big NO to Nany's teeth. A big NO to Jenny's lips.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, falltime said:

I was channel flipping so I'm going to have to watch the majority later. In the parts that I have seen Nick Young hasn't said a word, it should have just been Justina.  A big NO to Nany's teeth. A big NO to Jenny's lips.

I only watched a little bit myself during the commercials breaks of Survivor.  When I saw and then heard Justina I was like nope.  I despise her voice, yes I am going to force myself to sit through the show but I am not looking forward to having to listen to her speak.

• Love 2

The highlights were the video chat from Wes and the taped message from Turbo, with pussy chickens in the background.

They brought up the whole "you cannot copy my walk!" thing, which was hilarious.

Then the audience booed as Rogan tried to defend the way he treated Dee.

Then they talked about Jordan's abrasive personality, which he claimed was only a persona for the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, scrb said:

The highlights were the video chat from Wes and the taped message from Turbo, with pussy chickens in the background.

They brought up the whole "you cannot copy my walk!" thing, which was hilarious.

Then the audience booed as Rogan tried to defend the way he treated Dee.

Then they talked about Jordan's abrasive personality, which he claimed was only a persona for the show.

Cara also tried to say their alliance was like a family where everyone had a voice.

someone said that's what cults say, that they're really a family.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I only watched about 1/2 of it before I fell asleep but so far...

Justine's hair is too extra!  Where did they find this co-host?  

Did Ashley think she was going to the Oscars?  That dress was a little too much for the reunion.

Paulie's a bully!  He kept asking Josh if he's gonna cry yet.  What a dick!  And the dance moves, what the hell was that?

And the truth comes out about the bathrooms.  Now that's when you become way too comfortable around other people.

Tori was exactly right!  Cara was jealous because something so sweet didn't happen to her so she was bitter!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I got through a little more than half. Paulie wasn't wearing his trademark eyeliner this time but he was wearing a Willy Wonka purple blazer and has blonde highlights in his hair. Oh and he also tried to dance like Michael Jackson at one point, which was hilarious. He's such a tool.  Also hilarious, when the question came up about Cara being jealous about Jordan and Tori's engagement, Cara was all "it will come." Um, ok. Keeping hanging your hat on that. Paulie shaded Tori pretty nicely about how Tori and Jordan's engagement proves that cheaters can change and he, as a cheater, knows it well. 

• Love 3

My Paulie hate was further strengthened by this reunion.  So much so that I actually enjoyed Bananas' running anti-Paulie commentary and usually I would just want him to shut it. 

That unseen footage between Rogan and Paulie talking about Dee was so godawful.  And it pains me to watch her try to be cool girl about it and say her and Rogan are friends.  Friends don't talk that way about you. These women just seem to accept this and Cara actually defended Paulie. I think only Laurel looked appropriately appalled.  

The co-host didn't say much, but his facial expressions were gold. He looked like he was just over these fools. 

Also,  Jordan is right that American Ninja isn't a sport.  It is, however,  an athletic activity that is pretty impressive.  Just like The Challenge.  Not a sport... an athletic activity.  

• Love 6

Is this woman hosting an actual cartoon character? What the hell? I think I might be too old for this crap. I didn't finidh watching the whole thing, I might later because it's still on my DVR, but I just can't stand these reunions going in the direction of everyone just yelling at each other the whole time about nonesense.

I actually thought the exchange between Wes and Johnny was funny, because it seems pretty clear to me that both of them put on a show for the show but are possibly not horrible people in ther real lives. Neither one of them seemed to take themselves too seriously. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, sara416 said:

Is this woman hosting an actual cartoon character? What the hell? I think I might be too old for this crap. I didn't finidh watching the whole thing, I might later because it's still on my DVR, but I just can't stand these reunions going in the direction of everyone just yelling at each other the whole time about nonesense.

I actually thought the exchange between Wes and Johnny was funny, because it seems pretty clear to me that both of them put on a show for the show but are possibly not horrible people in ther real lives. Neither one of them seemed to take themselves too seriously. 

Yup. I have always felt that way about Wes. He plays the villian, but is in on the joke. I think Johnny and Wes annoy each other, but so don't think it's hate like they play it up to be. 

I actually liked Paulies look. He looks like he is embarrased by Cara any time she speaks. 

Josh needs to quit these shows. He is so annoying. 

• Love 4

Why did Paulie look like Liberace's boyfriend after he started to get plastic surgery to look like young Liberace?

I find Justina to be annoying as hell, but she won me over a bit when she referred to Jordan as "pussy chicken". LMAO!!

Wes showed why I've always been a fan.  He's a dick, but he knows not to take any of it seriously.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Yup. I have always felt that way about Wes. He plays the villian, but is in on the joke. I think Johnny and Wes annoy each other, but so don't think it's hate like they play it up to be. 

I actually liked Paulies look. He looks like he is embarrased by Cara any time she speaks. 

Josh needs to quit these shows. He is so annoying. 

I loved Paulie's look. I also like guy-liner. 

• Love 1

Had to pass on this Reunion because I wanted to see Survivor: Island of the Idols flicker and die. The one for WOTW2? Just as ridiculous as I'd expect.

Josh bragging about winning Big Brother . . . sad. So sad. He's a clown . . . a sad, sad clown. The only reason why he won $500K was that the other guy was an asshole's asshole. Watching him and Velvet Jones Paulie argue was just pathetic. And Paulie and Cara Maria seem content in playing heels. For Paulie, that's not a big fall. I don't know how Cara deals with it, though. All that red dye in her hair can't be affecting her brain, right?

Johnny still trying to be Johnny. I think I said it here . . . he's got charisma. I've seen him up close. His reality TV persona? It needs humbling. Sadly, BMP and MTV probably still consider hi to be the "face" of the series.

12 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Also,  Jordan is right that American Ninja isn't a sport.  It is, however,  an athletic activity that is pretty impressive.  Just like The Challenge.  Not a sport... an athletic activity.  

It's more sport than reality TV. If it aired on ESPN and had fewer backstories, it wouldn't be nominated for Competitive Reality Emmys. I like Natalie, but I think she should go back to ANW. That's a place where there's minimal friction between competitors. On The Challenge, she's gotten heat from her peers and viewers. If Zach was at the Reunion, the entire two hours would have been just him insulting her.

Anyone else want a one-shot Challenge between Jordan and Turbo? Just have them compete in a bunch of missions, one-on-one. While his taped segment had cheese oozing out of the screen, Turbo looked sane. And Jordan can trigger people something bad. I mean, that hat alone . . .

• Love 6
On 12/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Why did Paulie look like Liberace's boyfriend after he started to get plastic surgery to look like young Liberace?

No...just no.  I did not need that freaky dude to reenter my mind.  Even if that sentence is hilarious, now I am going to have to sit here thinking about Liberace's boyfriend.

Edited by BK1978
Because I left out the word going.
  • LOL 4
21 hours ago, carrin817 said:

And the truth comes out about the bathrooms.  Now that's when you become way too comfortable around other people.

I must have missed that part.  What did they say?  I’m always curious how virtual strangers can live together for weeks in such close quarters; I know it would be an issue for me 

1 hour ago, Rbonnie said:

I must have missed that part.  What did they say?  I’m always curious how virtual strangers can live together for weeks in such close quarters; I know it would be an issue for me 

Someone can be showering, one doing makeup and another taking a pee.  No thanks. I like privacy! 

• Love 3

I had no clue War of the World was going to be a trilogy. Justina has done other thing for MTV shows and she appeared in Champs vs "Stars."

Dee's over lining her lips didn't look good.

Wes joining in was fun.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, falltime said:

I had no clue War of the World was going to be a trilogy. Justina has done other thing for MTV shows and she appeared in Champs vs "Stars."

Dee's over lining her lips didn't look good.

Wes joining in was fun.

I did not know about it being a trilogy either until I watched the Reunion Show tonight.

Did that show really have to be two hours long?  I kept on saying to myself, "When is this nonsense going to end?"

I think I have to side with Cara when she was talking about her friendship with Laurel.  Granted I don't know but I can see Laurel talking down to people and being abrasive.  Hell Laurel might not even know she is that way.

Georgia, I have said it before and I will say it again.  You are such a pretty woman, stop falling for losers.  

What was Johnny's point in being there?  He added nothing and was calling people out for shit he's been pulling for years.  Also, I really want to know when Jordan and Johnny became cool because before this season it seems like they were mortal enemies.

Edited by BK1978
Because yeah there were whole sentences that did not make sense. I would chalk it up to lack of sleep but sadly that is not the case.
  • Love 4

That must have been an easy gig for Nick Young, he sat there and barely spoke. 

I can't stand Cara and Pauli. I do think she is jealous of Jordan's proposal because that means that Pauli can't propose to her on tv now since Jordan did it first. Speaking of proposals, I saw that Zach and Jenna got engaged.

I'm convinced Wes and Johnny are best friends in real life and are just playing up how much they hate each other. 

I felt bad for Dee. I would have been ok with it if she had punched Rogan.

My shallow notes are that Tori and Nany looked great, Ashley looked ridiculous. Georgia and Nicole also looked cute in their outfits. Cara's hair color is still a mess, but her hair looks better short. 

• Love 4

I genuinely enjoyed the exchange between Wes and Johnny.  It is so funny; I hated, and I mean HATED, Wes on Austin RW.  I thought everyone on that season was a horrid jackass, and he by far the worst of all.  I genuinely loathed Wes, and found him physically disgusting.  Now not only do I find him reasonably attractive, he's so charming he makes JOHN likable.  I truly think Wes doesn't take any of this seriously, and it's good look.  Johnny doesn't take his rivalry with WES seriously, but you can tell he truly dislikes Paulie and Dead Dad Devon and doesn't enjoy those rivalries.  I don't either.

I will give him a point thought, because I legit laughed out loud when he said Paulie looked like a host from the Hunger Games.  Jordan, however, had no business laughing in his "I just walked out of a Stephen King short story" get up.

• Love 2

I agree with what everyone wrote. I think Jordan was too harsh on Ninja. I liked Josh more after the reunion. 

On a shallow note, I noticed Laurel had something on her hand? It was white and looked like a rash. I've never noticed if she has it on other seasons and I checked Twitter if anyone else saw. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, VelvetDreaming said:

I agree with what everyone wrote. I think Jordan was too harsh on Ninja. I liked Josh more after the reunion. 

On a shallow note, I noticed Laurel had something on her hand? It was white and looked like a rash. I've never noticed if she has it on other seasons and I checked Twitter if anyone else saw. 

I noticed too.  It may have been a white henna tattoo.

• Useful 1