Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Chapter Sixty-Six: Tangerine

Bort
  • Start Topic

After declaring war on Hiram, Veronica enlists a secret weapon against her father - her Abuelita. Archie and FP team up to take Dodge down for good, while Betty and Charles investigate a series of strange attacks aimed at Betty. Elsewhere, Jughead's search for his grandpa, Forsythe Pendleton Jones I, leads to more questions than answers, while Cheryl finally makes peace with the past that's been haunting her.

Airdate: Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Haven't been keeping up with the Riverdale forum much this season, but I'm just popping in to say, wow, has my head not been in the game lately - how is it that I'm just noticing the giant flashing Oliver Twist references in Archie's plot? The shady guys using kids for the dirty work are the Dickensons, Dodger and his brothers Bill and Fagin?? Has it always been this obvious? What else did I miss, did Dodger say, "Consider yourself at home" when Archie opened the center or something? My English-major self is so ashamed.

• Love 7

The whole season's been open plays on authors' names and works, so don't worry about references slipping by!

This seemed like kind of a file-and-sort episode: kind of a clean out before setting up the second half and Jug's "murder." They sure brought back a lot of characters for one more turn around the dance floor--always good to see Penelope and Evelyn go through their crazy paces.

(That said, we've got Betty all ready to go for this nutter-wise, so can we PLEASE put an end to the suffering cat motif? I really, really am done with that entire thing.) 

Veronica bringing her grandmama to slap Hiram's face was a nice touch--I hope she cottons on that she's strongest when she's playing to her own strengths--even the recruiter was "tell me your story." I hope she got a few sentences out without "Daddy" in them. 

Cheryl literally smoking out her horrid Mumsy was very nicely done, as was having Dagwood and Juniper in the background as the Family Blossom confronted her. I do think Cheryl's simply replaced Jason with Penelope but one step at a time. Madeline really does heartbroken well and that (ridiculously illegal) funeral pyre was saved by her performance.

Archie's storyline is as dumb as ever, but Apa's acting is really bringing it. I believe this is a suffering kid in over his head who wants to save the world to make his dad proud and then beat it to a pulp for being so shitty and hard. His desperate search for alternate dad figures was really highlighted well when he goes to see FP and nearly walks into an actual father-son moment--and for once wisely, leaves. I also appreciated that Mary wasn't able to solve everything with a few words. She's clearly scared and worried for him but this isn't some kind of Very Special Episode problem that can't be resolved quickly.

Speaking of Jughead, up until the last scene the entire "no, the guy didn't thieve your legacy" thing was a breath of fresh air. His teacher didn't steal, he legally purchased what FP Senior was willing to sell because his own demons had run him to ground. That Granddad couldn't get his shit together and caused a legacy of pain and bad choice making wasn't on Dupont. The disappointment and resignation on FP's face and Jughead finally realizing he's got to choose or not without hiding behind old feuds was well done.

And then of course they blow it all to hell by having the idiot get a note saying "Go out into the dark woods" and just go! And see a bunch of torches and rings drawn in the dirt and not take off! Total Archie move! Why would you join this gang of puff adders, Jug? 

• Love 10

Took a few seconds to get use to a CW show this week that doesn't involve a red cloud getting ready to destroy the entire universe.  A little bit bummed, because the Riverdale gang involved in the Crisis on the D.C. shows would have been hilariously awesome, but even if it did happen, The Monitor probably would taken one look at these characters and the batshit insanity they're involved in and been like "Nope!  The Legends are all the crazy I can handle right now!"

So, Penelope was behind Cheryl's gaslighting?!  Sometimes, it really is the most obvious choice!  And, naturally, it leads to a trial involving Cheryl, Toni, Nana Rose, and both Jason's corpse and the creepy doll, where she is found guilty for... well, take your pick.  But, of course, Cheryl doesn't turn her into the authorities or even just flat-out kill her, but locks her up in the bunker instead.  Yep, Cheryl ain't fully out of Crazytown yet (or ever, really.)  At least she has moved past keeping Jason's body around and even gave him a freaking Viking funeral, with Archie/Jughead/Betty/Veronica as witnesses!  Credit to the Core Four for rolling with it.  Granted, could anything faze anyone at this point?

Meanwhile, Archie seems to be under the impression that he's Batman and while FP tries to get a handle on things by being his James Gordon (only swapping out the trench coat for a leather jacket!), he ends up getting shot, which leads to Archie really goes off the deep end and almost kills Dodger.  Credit to K.J. Apa for making me look past the silliness and buy that Archie really is a kid who is still hurting after Fred's death, and needs to grieve properly.  That said, since we didn't actually see Dodger's face, I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter is actually someone else.  Also, I'm already side-eying this mysterious brother of Fred's, played by Canadian Character Actor Extraordinaire Ryan Robbins!

Speaking of familiar Canadian actors, that was totally Timothy Webber (The Apprentice from Once Upon a Time) as Jughead's grandfather!  Turns out he was the original author of the Baxter Bros, but Dupont didn't flat-out steal it.  Instead, Grandad sold the rights to him for a small fee, and it blowing up made him become the bitter man that he was.  And after skipping town, Jughead has decided to "look to the future", so he's ready to be the new ghostwriter and everything!  Oh, and he ends up joining some kind of secret cult with Bret, Donna, and the rest of his classmates.  Of course he does!

And that's not the only cult worth mentioning, because the Farm is back, baby!  Turns out Edgar had hypnotized Polly and Alice to take out Betty, which Evelyn tried to unleash from prison, even if it didn't fully work.  But Betty tried doing it on herself instead to finally get rid of "Dark Betty", and she thinks it worked, but yeah, keep dreaming!

Veronica and Hiram continue their silly feud that involves a high schooler trying to start her own rum business, and her mayor mobster father, who treats every win like he's the smartest person of all time, even though it really shouldn't be this competitive, if Riverdale was ever grounded in a form of reality.

Winter finale ends with another flash-forward, that is now hinting Betty kills Jughead in a trance.  Yeah, I'm still thinking this is some kind big con by the Core Four to expose what is going down with Chipping's death and whatnot.

• Love 6

Well that was a ...fairly lackluster midseason finale, actually. It didn't feel like a midseason finale at all. 

First off, let's start with the Jughead and Grandpa stuff. I have to admit, I had to fast forward through some of it because I just didn't care enough. I don't give two shits about Forsythe the 1st. So when it turns out that he's bitter because he wrongfully sold his book and it became huge afterward? Meh. At least Jughead had to admit that he was wrong to try to get his dad to forgive his abusive dad. And now Jughead joins a secret cult! Fun!

Veronica/Hiram...oh, I can't. I've seen this story for two and a half seasons now. Veronica will lose some battles, Hiram will lose some battles, and in the end, neither will win. However, bringing in Hiram's mother was a very nice touch. 

Archie's story is only elevated through KJ's spectacular acting. He's done a fantastic job at really selling Archie's grief being translated through his anger. His end scene with Mary was very well done. I hope this is truly the end of Superhero Archie. He already missed the Crisis! He doesn't need to audition anymore! In all seriousness, it does look like the turning point is now with mystery uncle showing up. Hello, Frank Andrews! I...don't think I needed you to show up to probably try to attempt to be Archie's pseudo-father figure. Nuh-uh, show, you cannot replace the late and great Fred Andrews or Luke Perry for me! Uncle Andrews will never ever measure up to Fred. And I was actually liking the idea of Archie having to maybe turn to his mother instead. 

So I kind of hope that Uncle Andrews IS shady....though it's not that I'm rooting for Archie to get hurt. But it's probably time for Archie to get an extremely shady family member. 

The Cheryl stuff was pretty dramatic, I guess. I'm glad it was Penelope who was the gaslighter. I'm glad Cheryl dealt with her, although turning her into the authorities probably would have been...actually, never mind. Any type of authority figure in this world is utterly useless so it's probably better that Cheryl dealt with her mother herself.

As for the Betty stuff....the return of the Farm stuff and Evelyn. I was convinced for a good while that Tangerine wasn't the actual activate word...but it was. And she thinks she got rid of Dark Betty, which...hopefully, they did?

As for the flash forward, we're getting closer to the truth! Which is still likely a part of some story, but maybe it's an acted out story for Brett and crew to draw out the person who convinced Chipping to kill himself (still thinking it's shady substitute teacher-author dude).

• Love 2

But, of course, Cheryl doesn't turn her into the authorities or even just flat-out kill her, but locks her up in the bunker instead. 

As I said over at A/V Club, does anybody think Penelope's going to be in that bunker for more than ten minutes? It's the clubhouse for just about every teenager in Riverdale, to the point where I think they have to sign up for rotating shifts so only one couple at a time is doing Jingle Jangle and boning on the filthy sheets. And who's paying the water/electric bills, by the by?

While under normal circumstances I would agree that turning Penelope over to the authorities would be wise, who are we kidding, this is Riverdale. Not only is every "authority" figure beyond worthless and/or incompetent, let's not forget Penelope was most likely an eyewitness to Uncle Evil getting bonked/salmon chowed by Toni and Cheryl respectively. It's not like she'd hesitate to turn them in and Toni has been so robbed of all agency she'd probably spontaneously turn into a stuffed animal for Cheryl to cradle and then hide in a cave.

Speaking of incompetent, I want to go to Shankshaw Prison if I ever commit a crime, because apparently they let convicted cult members/murderers/organ theft ring heads make rando phone calls to anyone whenever they want to! I wonder if it's occurred to Evelyn that she's probably got a whole bat colony of trigger words in her own noggin--it would be a riot if she's out in the yard and somebody says "Dustbuster, blanket, ceiling fan" and she just goes on a rampage.

So when it turns out that he's bitter because he wrongfully sold his book and it became huge afterward? Meh. At least Jughead had to admit that he was wrong to try to get his dad to forgive his abusive dad. And now Jughead joins a secret cult! Fun!

Somebody over at A/V speculated that that wasn't FP the First at all but a hired actor to tell Jug a convincing story, which is a very Riverdale take on things. I wish it would stay the way it is, though--I didn't trust my own abilities, sold myself cheap and blamed everybody for it.

• Love 1

The apparent end of Jugheads ghost writer quest is...shockingly reasonable. There was no evil conspiracy and Dupont didnt even steal grandpas story, he bought it for a measly sum, or a retroactive measly sum, because Grandpa wasnt much of a businessman, and he got drunk and angry when he realized that he messed up. Thats it. No murders, no evil conspiracy of rich people out to steal his families "legacy", just an angry old man who made short sighted business move when he was young. Granted, this is Riverdale, so its fully possible that this is all made up and there really is an evil plot, and Jughead did just up and join a skull and crossbones cult, so we arent out of the woods yet. But now that he isnt pinning pictures onto his murder board for now, maybe he can check in with his best friend sometime soon? I mean, do Betty and Veronica only see Jughead and Betty, their supposed best friends, at Viking Funerals? 

Sometimes the most obvious subject really is the one you want to look for, huh Penelope? So she was the one gas lighting Cheryl, I am really glad it isnt Toni, which I sort of feared. I would normally say that her locking her mom in Riverdales premier bunker for the near future is an insane idea and that she should contact the authorities, but considering the authorities in this town, and that Blossoms gonna Blossom, this all seems pretty reasonable. At least she finally got rid of Jason's corpse, and her crying about what a good brother he was actually managed to be pretty moving, considering it was surrounded by all of the crazy.

So the Farm brainwashed the Coopers to attack Betty, but its all her dark self, and I dont even know, I just feel bad for Caramel and want to stop thinking about the poor little fluff. 

Even Hiram is pointing out the sheer ridiculousness of a teenage girl running a rum business, a drink she isnt even allowed to legally drink! I mean, a mob boss going to war with his teenage daughter is nuts to begin with, but the two of them love it honestly. They're both kind of obsessed with each other (thanks Mrs. B!) and one upping each other, thats why they cant actually cut ties. Smooth bringing in your grandma Veronica, grandma powers cannot be stopped easily! I mean, if nothing else, Veronica will certainly have an interesting college letter! 

Poor messed up Archie, he needs WAY more therapy. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him that this "I am the Night" stuff is a bad, dangerous path, and that there are better ways to help people, and deal with his grief. So much of this story has been nuts, even by this shows standards, but KJ has really been doing great work this season, and I totally buy Archie spiraling due to his heartbreak and feeling like he has to control something after his father died in such a senseless and tragic way. 

I swear, I kept waiting for the skies to turn red...

• Love 7

Did anyone see what Jughead took out of the skull that he busted at the end?  I thought it might be a quill, since it's the Skull and Quill Society, but it looked more like a coin on my TV, which I guess is a little dark.  Anyway, I couldn't tell what it was.

I don't understand why DuPont didn't just tell Jughead he had bought the rights to his grandfather's story when he was accused.

I thought Betty's story was unrealistic.  First off, I don't think you can hypnotize someone into killing their daughter unless they want to.  Also, I don't think pretending to not have killed the cat would have solved her Dark Betty problem.  Besides, the cat was suffering, it had been hit by a car.  If they didn't kill it, they better get it to the vet, so he could do it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Why didn't they do a Christmas episode this season? Are they forced to choose between holidays, so since they did Thanksgiving and Halloween, Christmas was out?

Because, apparently they skipped right past Christmas since the flashforward at the end of the episode said it was four weeks later, and we know that Jughead gets "killed" and Archie, Betty and Veronica are all arrested during Spring Break.

• Useful 3

Given that keeping a rotting corpse in your home is considered normal for this show, I suppose it should come as no surprise that not one of these alleged teenagers batted an eye at the sight of said corpse being lit afire.    

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I was THISCLOSE to an Archie and Jug scene. Ugggh, this show. Bright side: The promo suggests that Jug’s story will now involve Archie and Ronnie, so I have that to look forward to? I can’t lie, I’m so happy we are done with the first “half” of the season. All the stories have been way too separated and again, it’s CRIMINAL we haven’t had a single Archie and Betty scene either. 

Archie is damn near suicidal. 😫 Of course Riverdale won’t go there, but they’ve pretty much said it in a roundabout way. His convo with Mary was freaking devastating; how he doesn’t understand how ppl like Dodger live while Fred died. And then thinking he’s turned into a monster and he’s so far from his father now. I’m just....I legit couldn’t stand this vigilante story, but fuck, KJ did THAT. His acting made me care. Praise.

Oh, lawd, Betty and that damn cat. And then “killing” Dark Betty by hypnotizing herself. And now we are to believe she “killed” Jug? I guess she could have been hypnotized again? But I still think they’ve planned his death to try to trap Bret in some way. Or maybe Jug has a twin? (I still haven’t let this go, lol). Either way, interesting that she used a rock to hit his skull in the same way Jug used a rock to smash a skull for the initiation.

Don’t care at all about Ronnie & Hiram or Cheryl and this years-long Jason shit, but at least the latter is over. Did Toni even have a line?

Oh, and Jug was finally wrong about something and got humbled? Love to see it.

• Love 3

LMFAO. They get Cheryl's mom out of the wall and ask her why she was tormenting Cheryl, and the reason is "I saw you living with your brother's corpse, and I wanted that life for me!!"

And then they leave her in the gross sex bunker because it's worse than death.

22 hours ago, Snookums said:

Speaking of Jughead, up until the last scene the entire "no, the guy didn't thieve your legacy" thing was a breath of fresh air. His teacher didn't steal, he legally purchased what FP Senior was willing to sell because his own demons had run him to ground. That Granddad couldn't get his shit together and caused a legacy of pain and bad choice making wasn't on Dupont. The disappointment and resignation on FP's face and Jughead finally realizing he's got to choose or not without hiding behind old feuds was well done.

And then of course they blow it all to hell by having the idiot get a note saying "Go out into the dark woods" and just go! And see a bunch of torches and rings drawn in the dirt and not take off! Total Archie move! Why would you join this gang of puff adders, Jug? 

I also enjoyed that twist, and how the explanation was more mundane and depressing than whatever conspiracy Jughead was imagining. Also, I know it's not cool to take advantage of a teenager and buy their intellectual property rights, free Taylor Swift, etc, but I feel like $5000 wasn't a bad price for a book two generations ago.

My bigger concern is that I'm 99% sure Jughead didn't bother reading the contract before he signed it, and there's going to be some weird clause that comes back to bite him later.

18 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Winter finale ends with another flash-forward, that is now hinting Betty kills Jughead in a trance.  Yeah, I'm still thinking this is some kind big con by the Core Four to expose what is going down with Chipping's death and whatnot.

Obviously, I don't think Jughead is dead, but I admit that this is the first flash-forward that's throwing me off, because it seems like such a weird detail for the four of them to be alone and somehow pretending that Betty killed Jughead. I don't get how it all fits together.

The only thing I can think is that maybe Betty went Dark!Betty (ugh) to defend Jughead from whoever actually tried to kill him and she doesn't remember, so she and everyone else mistakenly believes that she attacked Jughead... but it still doesn't add up.

I'm completely sure that I'll hate whatever the solution to this mystery is, but it is indeed very mysterious.

(Also I was legitimately scared of her when she smashed that mirror and went to bed like it was no big deal).

13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

As for the Betty stuff....the return of the Farm stuff and Evelyn. I was convinced for a good while that Tangerine wasn't the actual activate word...but it was. And she thinks she got rid of Dark Betty, which...hopefully, they did?

Oh, yeah -- I was also legitimately scared of Evelyn when she said "Tangerine" three times in the visitor's room. This was a spooky episode.

10 hours ago, Snookums said:

Speaking of incompetent, I want to go to Shankshaw Prison if I ever commit a crime, because apparently they let convicted cult members/murderers/organ theft ring heads make rando phone calls to anyone whenever they want to! I wonder if it's occurred to Evelyn that she's probably got a whole bat colony of trigger words in her own noggin--it would be a riot if she's out in the yard and somebody says "Dustbuster, blanket, ceiling fan" and she just goes on a rampage.

At first, I was going to complain that Alice should have known she was getting a call from prison, because the phone system announces it when people call out. But then I was like, "They probably get calls from prison because of serial killer dad, so maybe they don't really think about it anymore."

What I find more remarkable about Shankshaw is that prisoners feel free to confess their newest crimes in the visiting area. And that they always do it immediately, as soon as someone asks. If only all interrogations took place in that room...

• Love 5

I thought it might be a quill, since it's the Skull and Quill Society, but it looked more like a coin on my TV, which I guess is a little dark.  Anyway, I couldn't tell what it was.

It was some kind of coin or key, but I couldn't tell beyond that.

I don't understand why DuPont didn't just tell Jughead he had bought the rights to his grandfather's story when he was accused

It that's what happened, it was absolutely and completely ridiculous for Dupont not to say "I bought the rights fair and square, you little pissant" and leave it at that. It wasn't illegal or even sneaky, he apparently wrote the next several books himself, marketed the series effectively, etc. Nothing even slightly untoward! Why would he act so insanely suspicious and offended without setting Jughead straight?

Why indeed? Because Riverdale gonna Riverdale, this is obviously a setup for the second crazy half of this crazy season on this crazy show. For God's sake, the entire group watched Mr. Chipping defenestrate himself out a damn window! That's the kind of shit any fancy-pantsy school would bring in tons of shrinks and investigators for, and more so after what's her name accused him of sexual misconduct! Why on earth Jughead is so important, now after years of three generations of his family living here, is yet to be shown.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SourK said:

because it seems like such a weird detail for the four of them to be alone and somehow pretending that Betty killed Jughead. I don't get how it all fits together.

Well, we don’t know that they’re alone.  What if they know they’re being watched?

It’s a certainty that all my spec will be wrong, but just some observations from the FFs:

-Bret and Donna told FP that they saw “those kids” kill Jughead, but it appeared to just be Betty....so why are they naming them all?

-Betty looked like she was in shock when she saw the rock in her hand and Jug’s body, but was pretty much the leader of the “gotta burn Jug’s shit” bonfire scene. The difference in behaviors is stark.

-It’s Jug’s body in the morgue that’s throwing me and making me believe there’s some doppelgänger. Or did Cheryl create a Dead!Jug! doll?

On 12/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, Bulldog said:

Given that keeping a rotting corpse in your home is considered normal for this show, I suppose it should come as no surprise that not one of these alleged teenagers batted an eye at the sight of said corpse being lit afire.    

Ha, same thing I was thinking.  It's Riverdale, so of course Viking funerals are a matter of course.  This isn't Viking days though, so I'm sure it's heavily populated along the river somewhere.  What if the boat washes up along the shore somewhere?  The best Cheryl can hope for is that it sinks, and the body is never found.

• Love 2

Some nice twists and turns with this episode.  Now it looks like Betty killed Jughead.  But with all the misdirection that has been going on, we can't even assume that's the case.  I was also glad to see the Archie-as-vigilante and Cheryl's dead brother plots thankfully come to a close.

• Love 2

So, I haven’t been around for a long while, started a relationship, ended a relationship, all that and while I haven’t posted about Riverdale in months, I’ve still kept up. 

So, to keep it brief, I’m sort of surprised on the reaction for these storylines this year. I’ve have LOVED Jughead and Archie’s stories this year. When Jug was just going to the school to prove he can do it, and even when there was a growing conspiracy I’m like fine it’s killing it the story for me. But dude, another Secret Society? Wasn’t BOTH The Gargoyle King and The farm CULTS? Seriously? Why are we ruining a story that has suited Jughead for the first time in two years?! 

I’m real surprised Archie’s storyline is the the most ridiculous story going on (especially with two other Storylines going on, but I’ll get to them) I think Archie story fits... well Archie? He’s not Steve Jobs smart, but he can fight, and even FP knows there’s a point that you have to do something on your own. I think it’s real goofy that he’s getting away with but look, if Riverdale actually have a damn about it’s plots. Archie would be calling himself the Riverdale Reaper or The Black Hood rn and putting actual fear using imagery and it would be ironic story wise and work, The show has already stupidly dropped Archie and Hiram teaming up to take care of Dodger. Hell, His uncle showing up SHOULD be a red herring and he should have the evil plan to steal Fred’s company or take control of Riverdale to which Archie stands up and shows he can do things his fathers way but we won’t get that on this show. Kj and his acting really outshine everything going on the show right now and it helps me look past how mishandled a simple story like this is. I mean I got chills from “I’ll kill ALL of you!” Then you know, Archie’s not allowed to lash out like the others on the show so he has to cry and let it all out by the next scene without us even building on his anger. At all. Also, real sad they’re just dropping FP/Archie and how he just walked away when Jug came to his dad, that easily could’ve been a great moment where Jug/FP accept Archie in their circle just like Fred and Archie did with Jug in s1. But, hey, can’t have that. 

SPEAKING OF FAMILIES! Veronica vs Hiram only works for me if it ends in Hiram becoming more like her or her becoming more like him. It has to have a definite winner this season or I give up on Veronica completely, no matter how hott Camila is and no matter how much she’s improved if they just feed all her screen time to this and it doesn’t go nowhere what’s her point anymore? Where’s Hermione btw? 

SPEAKING OF MORE FAMILIES!? My God I’m so tired of the terrible “might be psycho” Betty plot. It’s garbage, this mind control was never mentioned before hypnosis sure, but not mind control specifically, Evelyn is even more terrible than Edgar, and Betty just... like what has happened with character? It’s like every season besides the first, she has to be something extreme. Nancy Drew (S2) Batgirl (S3) and now she’s... Norman Bates? These wouldn’t even be that terrible if they CONNECTED!? There was no reason was she was the omnipotent Superhero figuring EVERYTHING out last season and there’s no reason or motivation for to be a serial killer? We’ve had no inclination she wants to or has the actual urge to harm and kill people, she doesn’t show any motive besides putting her cat down in a brutal way? She didn’t even kill Hal??  Like how have we got to this point?? Also, WHY IS NOBODY ELSE INVOLVED IN HER STORY BESIDES CHARLES AND ALICE?! Come on man. 

Last but definitely the least in terms of quality is Cheryl Blossom and the abysmal hole her already damaged character has fallen into. Toni is basically her prop, EVERYBODY HAS EXCUSES THE FACT SHE HAD AND TALKED TO JASONS FRIGGIN CORPSE!!!! EVEN THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR! Like no, you’re not just being gaslit because you’re talking to a damn corpse, guilting and manipulating said girlfriend to living with said corpse, and just like last season using your privilege in every situation you need to. Like and this stuff with Penelope being bout in the bunker, “on Trial” and Cheryl acting like she’s some high authority when she should’ve turned her mom in  for I don’t know BEING THE GARGOYLE KING? You can tell Madeleine is trying, the poor girl is committed but it’s seriously just one of the worst plots I’ve seen not just on Riverdale, but CW in years. 

Did I say I’d keep it brief? My bad. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, rmontro said:

Did anyone see what Jughead took out of the skull that he busted at the end?  I thought it might be a quill, since it's the Skull and Quill Society, but it looked more like a coin on my TV, which I guess is a little dark.  Anyway, I couldn't tell what it was.

I'm assuming it was the pin that everybody got when they joined the Skull and Quill Society.  Remember when Betty found Mr. Chipping's pin in Donna's room?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1