Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Thankful AF

In an attempt to start a new tradition, Julia hosts Thanksgiving dinner for her ever-growing family, but things go awry when she invites both Leon and the new guy she’s been seeing, and Roxy let’s a new half-sibling tag along. Meanwhile, with Tim’s parents in attendance, relentlessly homing in on the idea of children, Edie finds herself at a crossroads in the all-new “Thankful AF” Thanksgiving episode of ALMOST FAMILY airing Thursday, Nov. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (AFM-107) (TV-14 D, L, S)

So, with the introduction of Hannah it looked like we were getting back to the big reveal from the original Australian series, but they figured her out too soon.

Spoiler

Julia isn't actually a Bechley

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1

Edie really left Thanksgiving with her husband and his fam.. And her mother and father and sisters to go hanging out with her sidepiece and her kid... Who is also her court rival... Smh... What a scumbag... 

Roxy is an addict from a real broken home.. So I'll give her some leeway... But she's on thin ice... 

I like Genevieve and I guess if she's really this hippie dippy person I shouldn't be surprised but her covering for Edie got me miffed... At least some kind of warning or parental.. " are you sure about this" shoulda happened

Tim and Isaac continue to be the best

• Love 12

I feel so bad for Tim.  That was unforgivable of Edie to ghost Thanksgiving like that.  I hope he is on to her and turns the tables and screws her over so bad.

I also wish creepy overly sexual attorney lady would get her comeuppance, too.  I hate her character, and to be honest I really don’t care for this actress, either.  Something about the way she speaks, her mouth doesn’t move or open normally and it just adds to her smugness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Edie really left Thanksgiving with her husband and his fam.. And her mother and father and sisters to go hanging out with her sidepiece and her kid... Who is also her court rival... Smh... What a scumbag... 

Roxy is an addict from a real broken home.. So I'll give her some leeway... But she's on thin ice... 

I like Genevieve and I guess if she's really this hippie dippy person I shouldn't be surprised but her covering for Edie got me miffed... At least some kind of warning or parental.. " are you sure about this" shoulda happened

Tim and Isaac continue to be the best

Why are all these people covering for Edie the horrid scumbag bitch? 

• Love 6

What did Tim do to deserve these people covering for his Scumbag of a Wife? I'm wanting Edie to be found out and treated like the scum she is but this show will probably still try to tell us we need to have sympathy for the scumbag cheater. They arent Painting Tim as a scumbag so I dont get it? 

• Love 9

Dad Bechley is a self-absorbed, unethical horror show, so I guess Edie inherited it.

Donovan seems nice, but the children thing is a dealbreaker.

Tim is awesome. I'm glad they aren't painting him as totally clueless, but I'm not enjoying the "evil lesbians" trope. A few years ago it was Dead Lesbians. Now it's going to be Unethical, Cheating Lesbians?

Roxy stealing pages off Isaac's prescription pad is a really bad move.

Who will be unforgiveable next?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Dad Bechley is a self-absorbed, unethical horror show, so I guess Edie inherited it.

Donovan seems nice, but the children thing is a dealbreaker.

Tim is awesome. I'm glad they aren't painting him as totally clueless, but I'm not enjoying the "evil lesbians" trope. A few years ago it was Dead Lesbians. Now it's going to be Unethical, Cheating Lesbians?

Roxy stealing pages off Isaac's prescription pad is a really bad move.

Who will be unforgiveable next?

. If we took it as every character us representative of a community or two.. Then everyone looks bad except Tim and Isaac so as a mixed race black guy I feel like I won... Lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Are we supposed to think Isaac and Roxy are romantically interested in each other? Because no. There's just no freaking way. Not in a million years. I can't even imagine them hooking up for a quickie like Julia and her "dates".

I guess the show runners made Roxy a former gymnast (as opposed to child star) so they could tie in the Nassar story with creepy gym owner guy. I just don't have any faith that the show can handle that story line with any sensitivity.

I don't much like Roxy but she's at least an interesting character. She's broken but we kinda know why. Potential for her character's growth is huge. I also like the actress and think she's doing a fine job. Julia is just so boring and weird (and not interesting weird) and Edie is just the worst. How did Edie lose all her redeeming qualities?

Every episode should have one of Dad Bechley's "children" show up unexpectedly and punch him hard in the face. For starters.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Are we supposed to think Isaac and Roxy are romantically interested in each other? Because no. There's just no freaking way. Not in a million years. I can't even imagine them hooking up for a quickie like Julia and her "dates".

I guess the show runners made Roxy a former gymnast (as opposed to child star) so they could tie in the Nassar story with creepy gym owner guy. I just don't have any faith that the show can handle that story line with any sensitivity.

I don't much like Roxy but she's at least an interesting character. She's broken but we kinda know why. Potential for her character's growth is huge. I also like the actress and think she's doing a fine job. Julia is just so boring and weird (and not interesting weird) and Edie is just the worst. How did Edie lose all her redeeming qualities?

Every episode should have one of Dad Bechley's "children" show up unexpectedly and punch him hard in the face. For starters.

I think that's the only reason why I find Roxy interesting. She's a mess and broken but they've shown us why. First her horrible parents and then her coach.  Julia is weird. But they've given us zero reason as to why. Being on the same page about kids is important in a relationship but they've only been on two dates. Isn't that a little soon? And boring is right. Despite all the drama in her life, she's boring. 

Edie is so unlikable. Why is everyone protecting Edie? We have her mother who by all accounts seems like a really nice woman, encouraging her daughter to bail on her husband and in-laws to go to her girlfriend. What? Why would she do that? Shouldn't she call her on her crap? Can't anyone call her on her crap? Why is everyone protecting Edie? Hannah what did to Roxy was terrible. But are we suppose to hate her for calling Edie out on being the biggest liar of them all? Edie deserves that and so much more. 

And also calling out Leon? He's still the worse one of all. What he did was illegal and wrong. They are all pretending like it wasn't or it doesn't matter. But it does. It doesn't help that he still doesn't give a crap about anyone he's hurt or anything. He's ass about everything. What was him getting all up in Julia's reproductive. That's not too creepy Leon. 

• Love 2
On 11/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, geauxaway said:

I also wish creepy overly sexual attorney lady would get her comeuppance, too.  I hate her character, and to be honest I really don’t care for this actress, either.  Something about the way she speaks, her mouth doesn’t move or open normally and it just adds to her smugness.

She seems to always be in a bad mood. You could tell her that she just won a billion dollars and she'd still look like someone just took a dump on her dessert. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

"Growing Branches" would be a great name for a tree farm. For a fertility clinic? Nope.

Leon is a sociopath and it'd be nice if the show could recognize that. Roxy's a fool (but I give her an inch more latitude given her awful parents), Julia's a doormat and Edie's martyr routine ("What am I going to do, torn between my husband and my personality-free sidepiece?!? I know, string them all along forever!") is bordering on being just as bad as Leon's.

• Love 6

Twice Roxie shows up at Isaac’s office. He is polite. 

I would like to see Isaac with a kind, mature woman. 

I HATED the way Roxie was behaving at the Shabbat. That was so disrespectful. She should not have attended if she couldn’t show respect.

Both Isaac and Tim deserve much better. It really angers me, the way Edie is lying to Tim. Tim seems like a GREAT guy. 

• Love 4
On 12/22/2019 at 12:30 AM, Court said:

Why does Edie keep saying she chose Tim? I didn't see that. I saw the lawyer lady dump her after she used the email and Edie begging her to not dump her. 

Poor Tim. 

Edie is just a horrid person. Hope Tim dumps her ass and doesnt take her back 

• Love 3