Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Hades Awakening

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

A lot of craziness tonight.

All that torture at the beginning just for John to say his name? Couldn't they have asked him nicely!

Were the police dirt bikes on "silent mode" when they approached the trailer to apprehend Doug?

Doug couldn't tell he only shot the guy in the ear and not walk over and finish him off if he wanted Sam safe?

Was the girl (with John) an agent trying to get him to remember or just some druggie looking for a good time?

Were the two guys even trying to hit Haynes and Edwards? Haynes (with no weapon) had enough time to evade bullets, take out the driver and kill the woman (who had a gun in her waist but was too slow to pull it out). Unreal!

The Cicada program also made Doug a master pick pocket and tech savvy to turn a phone into a surveillance device! How fortunate for him to find the right hotel room on the floor to hear the relevant conversation and cancel out the other noise.

I wonder if the guy knew Soyun was targeted to be killed. Maybe he didn't if he arrived at her apartment with another mission.

How did Soyun get back to North Korea? Wouldn't the Chinese government have detained her (I don't believe she had any papers to travel back). Or in her condition after being shot, could she row back to home?

How the hell did Soyun get in the trunk? The driver didn't see the rear door go up?!

With all the stories going on, Matt is not fleshed out and deserves some explanation why is he taking Treadstone personal?

The CIA is chasing Matt and Haynes and those two have time to go to a restaurant, sit by a window (a sniper's dream) and enjoy a nice meal.

• Love 1

I'm still as confused as ever.  It's particularly jarring to me that the characters don't even appear every week.  We didn't see Tara or the Indian lady at all this week.

I am most invested in John's story.  Good acting by the actor during the torture scenes.  He really did look like he was losing it.  Still curious to see if he ends up being the husband she killed in the first episode.  If not, what becomes of him?  Are they going to resolve his fate by the end of this "event series"?  If the series gets renewed for Season 2, what becomes of the actor?

Soyun too.  But I'm not sure what is going on with her.  She crossed into China where she delivered the files to Indian lady and then got shot for her efforts.  Then she crossed the river or whatever back into Korea and now is in the trunk of a car for some reason?

Doug was more tolerable this time because there were no scenes with his despicable wife.

I'm most confused with what is going on with Haynes and Edwards.  Truly, no idea what is going on.  Edwards was tasked with finding Haynes and getting him under control?  And now is actively helping him to kill law enforcement people?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

How did Soyun get back to North Korea? Wouldn't the Chinese government have detained her (I don't believe she had any papers to travel back). Or in her condition after being shot, could she row back to home?

How the hell did Soyun get in the trunk? The driver didn't see the rear door go up?!

Thank you for this! I was wondering if I nodded off and missed how Soyun sneaked back over the border and got back home. And while I know I was watching, I also wondered how Soyun got into the trunk. She's small, but not so small that she could get in w/o lifting the rear door.

• Love 2

Glad to see that I’m not the only one who is confused as hell with this show.  It appears that it is losing viewers, if this board is any indication.  First couple episodes had over  35 comments ... this last episode, only 8.   Still don’t know where the guy from the 70s is now, or why his story is important to this premise, or what happened to him.  At this point, I hardly care!

I have tried to follow this show from the beginning. All I can say is that really don't have any idea on what is happening. The story lines bounce back and forth in a confusing manner. I am about to bail on the show. So far this week I have been watching the final season of "the Man in the High Tower". Love it.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, mxc90 said:

Doug couldn't tell he only shot the guy in the ear and not walk over and finish him off if he wanted Sam safe?

He clearly did this on purpose so he could follow him and find out who he was working for. This is why he was waiting in the bushes until the guy drove by and followed him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, mxc90 said:

A lot of craziness tonight.

All that torture at the beginning just for John to say his name? Couldn't they have asked him nicely!

Were the police dirt bikes on "silent mode" when they approached the trailer to apprehend Doug?

Was the girl (with John) an agent trying to get him to remember or just some druggie looking for a good time?

Were the two guys even trying to hit Haynes and Edwards? Haynes (with no weapon) had enough time to evade bullets, take out the driver and kill the woman (who had a gun in her waist but was too slow to pull it out). Unreal!

The Cicada program also made Doug a master pick pocket and tech savvy to turn a phone into a surveillance device! How fortunate for him to find the right hotel room on the floor to hear the relevant conversation and cancel out the other noise.

I wonder if the guy knew Soyun was targeted to be killed. Maybe he didn't if he arrived at her apartment with another mission.

With all the stories going on, Matt is not fleshed out and deserves some explanation why is he taking Treadstone personal?

The CIA is chasing Matt and Haynes and those two have time to go to a restaurant, sit by a window (a sniper's dream) and enjoy a nice meal.

I didn't understand how Soyun got in the trunk either.

I didn't realize until 1/2 way though the episode, that the scenes with John were a flashback that took place even before the 1973 scenes in the pilot.

I didn't understand how Doug started being able to listen to audio either.  From your post, I see it's because he altered a phone.  But that wasn't clear to me when watching, how he did that, or what he was using to listen in.

Good questions about whether Soyun rowed back to North Korea.

This show hasn't skipped too many details before like this, but your post highlighted a lot of them.

• Love 1

They should just focus on these storylines, and not jump around:

* Tara Coleman

* Soyun

* Present day Petra

* 1973 John.

That's it.  The fist 3 are related, and the last one will give background into Treadstone.

That way, they wouldn't have to skip details and jump around either.

They can have a minor character like Nira Patel, just to show another cicada, but the majority of the show should be focused on Stilleto Six.

The Doug/Sam, and Haynes/Edwards ones just get in the way.

17 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

I didn't understand how Doug started being able to listen to audio either.  From your post, I see it's because he altered a phone.  But that wasn't clear to me when watching, how he did that, or what he was using to listen in.

I know what he did, I just don't know how he did it. He took a laser pointer and a phone to make a laser listening device. It uses the vibrations of the sounds bouncing off the windows. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_microphone

34 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

He took a laser pointer and a phone to make a laser listening device. It uses the vibrations of the sounds bouncing off the windows. 

That was what he supposedly did.  How, is another matter.  The phone might have conceivably been turned into a power supply for the laser and an audio amplifier for any detected speech. The pointer's beam, reflecting off the window would presumably be modulated by the vibrations of the pane caused by voices inside. But how was the modulated light detected by the phone/pointer hack to produce the audio? If the camera did it then it's a pretty clever camera, capable of functioning as a detector of 650-ish nm wavelengths (the norm for a red laser-pointer).  And some equally clever software would be necessary, too.

So... cool idea!  But not realistic, in my view.

7 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I assume you haven't gone through the Treadstone Protocol. 

That might be a dangerous assumption.

I have not been through the protocol as far as I know! But then, I wouldn't, would I?  Which sort of proves it...

• Love 2

Largely unnecessary episode. No need for us to see the history with John and Petra. We know what she did, we know the impact on him, not sure why the show bothered giving us details.

The Matt and Haynes adventure was more interesting, though we didn’t make much progress. 

Still want to know who is waking them up and why. Factions within the CIA I guess? One either creating or aligned with businesses? I hope the show isn’t about how Big Business is Evil. 

Sonyu looked pretty pissed in China (?). And then she just went back to NK?

Would like to have seen more about Sam. 

On 11/19/2019 at 11:48 PM, mxc90 said:

I guess they could have been waiting for him. Of course the whole idea of his buddy who's worried about going to prison for some reason calling the police and reporting that while he was working in an illegal drug manufacturing plant he saw his friend kill someone... umm?

Regardless, awfully prescient of the SWAT team or CIA death squad or whoever they are to show up with dirtbikes. You know, just in case their suspect shows up on a dirtbike and then manages to escape and flee on it.

This show really is just all over the place.😒

“That’s when I made the decision”

“What kind of decision?”

“The kind that can only be answered via flashback!”

OK, was not expecting the ex-rigger to actually be clever and wait for his pursuers to make their move and trail them, so kudos to the writers for that.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:48 AM, mxc90 said:

I assume that everyone he interacts with is involved (it’s that sort of show)!

On 12/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ottis said:

Sonyu looked pretty pissed in China (?). And then she just went back to NK?

She wants to get back to her family. A fact that her boss is using to getting to coerce her into going on missions. I guess there's going to be a plotline of her (trying to) smuggle them out of the country.