Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: That's Nothing I Had to Remember

• Start Topic

When a truth-seeking monster arrives in Mystic Falls during Commonwealth Day, Hope and Lizzie fear that the secrets they've each been keeping have made them targets. Meanwhile, MG, Kaleb and Kym seek out an unlikely ally who may have knowledge on how to take down the latest monster. Finally, Freya receives an unexpected visit from one of the Salvatore students.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/21/19

Well MG/Sebastian and Kaleb's sis were cool... Lizzie was solid... Don't think the show has any plan for Rafael other than to suffer... I kinda zoomed past all the sheriffs stuff... Is hope wearing a wig?.. 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Well MG/Sebastian and Kaleb's sis were cool... Lizzie was solid... Don't think the show has any plan for Rafael other than to suffer... I kinda zoomed past all the sheriffs stuff... Is hope wearing a wig?.. 

Rafael is gonna be in the eternal friend zone. It ain't that much selflessness in the world.

I really have no idea what is going on, this season is just scattered.

3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Is hope wearing a wig?.. 

Hope & Lizzie's hair has been driving me crazy, they both look like they're wearing cheap wigs with too much hair.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mommalib said:

Rafael is gonna be in the eternal friend zone. It ain't that much selflessness in the world.

So friendzoned. I wonder if they plan on pairing Raf with one of the girls from Mystic Falls because he's far better adjusted than most of the kids at the Salvatore School. It sounded like he was never as super aggro as most of the other wolves are before their curses were activated. Even the way he activated his curse is really mundane; he got into a car accident while it was raining and his girlfriend died. 

Hope is friends with both of the sheriff's kids. I can see Raf getting along a little better with the mundanes.

Matt Donovan is the mayor, but has decided to keep the sheriff in the dark even though Alaric isn't the headmaster of the Salvatore School. It really feels like they need to resurrect the Founders Council, especially because there is a portal to Malivore in the town square. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, mommalib said:

I'd be angrier about it.. But I get the feeling that if things were reversed Landon would be acting the same way... Based on how those two are.. Not the writers decision making.... Also are we totally sure Landon and Raf have had the talk about Hope.. I vaguely remember Landon pushing Raf to tell him something but I can't remember the outcome.. Cuz with his feelings for Josie and him being aware at how deep Raf's are for Hope could influence his decision... Of course the preview for the next episode looks like its going in a totally diff direction... So yeah maybe Raf is off somewhere else... If they were to pair him up with anyone significant.. It could be mystic falls girl... But I thought she was gonna be into hope... So I dunno... And looks like if Landon and hope don't jump back into everything then mystic falls boy is around.. With his vaguely ethnic self

• Love 2

Those Croatoans, always sniffing out secrets and poking their noses in other people's business. Am I right?

What was up with Kaleb's hair?

They should have had all of MG's potential girlfriends show up this episode. Where is Gorgon girl when you need her. Let's get this drama started!

I thought for sure one of the Witchy girls would have fixed that guy's broken arm by now, even if he wouldn't have noticed that it was all healed up. Doesn't seem fair.

Nobody noticed that the headmaster is not around?

First time I have seen a zombie get mugged just walking down the street.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought there was a throwaway line when Josie first hurt the QB that because she used black magic to break it, she tried but couldn’t heal him. 

Poor Raf in friend zone. I do like QB’s sister so maybe he will find some love with her. I always liked him and Josie together as well.

Edited by twoods
40 minutes ago, twoods said:

I always liked him and Josie together as well.

That would feel like the settlers prize watching those two.. Plus there's always the fact him and Lizzie had that lil gym session 

• Love 1

I refuse to believe that Josie managed to knock out Freya, a super old and powerful witch. But how did Josie know to look for Hope's aunt if she didn't know who Hope was? I guess she learned enough from what Lizzie wrote in her journal.

The jerk councilman getting attacked in the alley gave me a very Buffy vibe (which is generally a good thing). But hey, now there's an opening for a new councilman! Something about the rest of this episode gave me an old school TVD vibe which I liked. I think part of it was the music.

I was surprised that Kaleb agreed to let his sister be bait for Sebastian, but MG was right - it worked! Sebastian said he didn't kill Wayne/Wade so hopefully he's okay.

Yes, it was rude for Alaric not to show up at the bar without calling/texting but the sheriff was being pretty rude about it, especially after he said he couldn't make it because something was going on with his kids. You'd think she would understand since she has kids too.

Awwww, did we know before now that Matt is the mayor? Stay alive, Matt!

Ha, I had to laugh when Landon's movie/nerd idea to let the monsters fight resulted in the two just walking past each other and going about their business. And I loved that Lizzie's plan to ask Landon about Star Wars to keep him occupied totally worked.

When Sebastian said that they needed the charm that Cassandra gave him in order to defeat the monster, I was sure he was just using it as an excuse to lure MG or Kym close enough to snatch one of them so he could hold him hostage and force the other one to unchain him. I was honestly shocked that he didn't try anything and that he was totally telling the truth.

Just because Sebastian got his memories back and everyone can see him doesn't make his bloodthirsty past any less true. Isn't he still a dangerous vampire? Or are they going to make him into a nice guy so he can be Lizzie's boyfriend?

I'm glad that everyone finally got their memories back, but I hate that it put an end to the possibility of Rafael/Hope (and even ended their friendship).

I've enjoyed watching Hope and Lizzie become friends so I hope that continues. It might be hard for them to spend much time together while Josie is still getting over Landon though (obviously Lizzie's first loyalty will always be to Josie).

Loved the Hope/Freya reunion at the end.

That eyeball with a blood tail stump was gross.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Nobody noticed that the headmaster is not around?

If you mean the school, they probably don't care. The Sheriff was grilling Alaric over him being at the bar with him. If Kaleb hadn't wiped the Sheriff's mind, Clarke might have had some explaining to do.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I refuse to believe that Josie managed to knock out Freya, a super old and powerful witch. But how did Josie know to look for Hope's aunt if she didn't know who Hope was? I guess she learned enough from what Lizzie wrote in her journal.

That eyeball with a blood tail stump was gross.

If Josie saw the name Mikaelson, she might have figured it out. Plus, I think she had the element of surprise on her side when she knocked Freya out.

The detached eyeball thing was super creepy on Angel.

Well if theres one thing that Mystic Falls has lots of, its weird unexplained deaths, and very specifically themed dances and festivals! And how convenient that pilgrim day coincided with the truth telling, Puritan killing Croatoan monster!

This episode gave him some serious Buffy vibes, with the music, the magic squad getting together to defeat the monster, the romantic drama, and the jerk city council member getting killed by the MoTW in an alleyway, and thats a good thing. I am glad that everyone has their Hope memories back, even if its leading to even more romantic drama. 

I liked Josie and Landon, but I can certainly see why he needs to take a minute to figure out what he wants now. I do kind of hope that he ends up with Josie again, but he and Hope have all that endgame energy, so its probably not very likely. It also sadly means the end of Raf and Hope before they could even get started, but I knew that was coming. No way would Raf go for a girl that his best friend had feelings for, even if they arent together at the time. 

So how much of what Sebastian has said was true? This franchise just cant resist their angsty vampires, its truly their crack. 

Nice seeing Kalebs sister again, and I loved her excitement to see some Hogwarts stuff going on! I also thought the Landon and Lizzie interaction was fun, especially Lizzie keeping his distracted by asking him about his thoughts on Star Wars! 

Alaric ghosting the sheriff wasnt cool, but I cant blame him, he has so much going on right now with his daughters, and I think she was pretty crappy right back at him, even knowing he was doing something with his kids. I cant say I am a huge fan of her yet, but they are probably going to have to stay on her good side if they want to keep all of the supernatural goings on quiet. 

Awww Hope and Freya hug! 

• Love 1

Landon getting upset at Hope for not telling him when he would have done the exact same thing if he were in her shoes. And how does one suppose to break the news to people anyway? "Hey... you may not remember me but I'm your long lost forgotten girlfriend? So you should ditch your current gf and get back with me". Lol. And then if he didn't believe her, she would have to jump through hoops to convince him. Nah, what Hope did was perfectly reasonable and she wanted to maintain some dignity, can't say I blame her.

I hope Landon makes up his mind quick, choosing one or none and doesn't string both girls along. I don't worry so much about Hope because she is a tough cookie but Josie seems so emotionally fragile.

• Love 1

I thought this was a solid episode, but more than that, I'm glad everyone remembers. I don't know how much longer I could have taken everyone not remembering.

Hope/Lizzie's friendship is still one of my favourite parts of this show. Look at how far they've come, and it's a natural progression.

Josie's always been a weaker character for me. I've never quite liked her as much as I guess I should, and this episode certainly didn't change my mind on that. She's interesting with her darkness, but at the same time, she's very much acting like a jealous teenage girl, which she is. I didn't mind her decision to actually use the spell, even though it was a difficult decision due to her feelings for Landon. And now Landon needs some time to figure out his own feelings for both. It's clear he'll choose Hope, but hopefully Josie doesn't get too hurt and turn too dark because of it.

Also, Landon/Lizzie's scenes? We don't really get them, but the actors both work well together. They'd be a terrific comedic duo, since both actors excel at the comedic parts of their characters. 

Sebastian... *sighs* I just knew they'd soften him up to be a viable choice for Lizzie. And it annoys me because I wanted Sebastian to be all evil. 

Kaleb's sister returns! Yay! I like her scenes with MG a lot. I think the two work very well together.

Alaric and the Sheriff....I really, really don't care. Alaric has basically forgotten that he has kids, and the Sheriff doesn't realize that maybe Alaric has other things to do. She's the one who was stalking him, after all. 

I liked seeing Freya, even if it was only for a little bit. I wish we could see more of the Mikaelson's. 

• Love 3
On 11/25/2019 at 11:31 AM, tennisgurl said:

Alaric ghosting the sheriff wasnt cool, but I cant blame him, he has so much going on right now with his daughters, and I think she was pretty crappy right back at him, even knowing he was doing something with his kids. I cant say I am a huge fan of her yet, but they are probably going to have to stay on her good side if they want to keep all of the supernatural goings on quiet. 

Why bother? Alaric can just have a vampire student compel her.