Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E18: Live Top 13 Eliminations

• Start Topic

Airs November 19, 2019

In the live results show, 10 artists are revealed as safe by America's votes; the bottom three artists compete for the instant save, and one moves on.

Gwen looked like a Captain Kirk love interest, and I mean that in the very best way. She just had the right look and outfit; so mod and cool,

Kelly sounded great on Linger. Gwen did not sound great on Good as Hell. 

As for the results, I'm so disappointed. Losing Cali and Max while keeping so many blahs stuck around. Shane is still here? Kat? Even Joana who had a decent save performance doesn't seem long for this competition. 

• Love 4

Caught a few minutes of this about halfway in, saw that Kat had apparently already been voted thru, and remembered why I can't stand this season.

Kelly's wardrobe person is just fucking with us now, isn't she? Gwen looked good as Barbarella, though.

• LOL 3

I'm happy Rose Short made it.  Miracle (?Myracle?) too.   Other than that, everyone seems boring, even the song-whisperer girl, whose name escapes me.  

Maybe I should amend that:   It's not so much that her name escapes me; it's more like I've never cared enough to remember it.   This seems like a rather blah season.   Gwen isn't helping.  

• Love 1

I want to know who is voting on this show.  Kat was so off key and wasn't even in the save.  And yes, I'm  probably just a mean old lady but I really want Hello Sunday gone.  I want to see singers, not Disney.

44 minutes ago, Lily H said:

Kelly's wardrobe person is just fucking with us now, isn't she?

That dress looked like someone just took random bits of fabric and sewed them together.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Cali was not good last night. Now I understand why she had to be saved last week When she doesn’t do her falsetto thing, she is nothing special. I’m very happy that Myracle got through. This is my first week watching and I really need to pay more attention to the guys. Some of them are pretty good. 

The song Linger makes me cry. I miss Dolores O’Riordan so much. 😥

• Love 1

For whatever reason, Cali just lost the spark and fire that her Wicked Game cover had when she did Toxic, and then Butterflies (although it wasn't a bad performance per say...it clearly was always going to leave her vulnerable unless the Blake voting armada went crazy). Part of me wonders if she still really is conflicted internally about pursuing a country career in Nashville and trying to carry that burden of being the first openly lesbian singer to have some mainstream success. Her personality always read a little weary or downcast even when she was killing her blind or KO (and ghosting through her battle). It's too bad, I thought she had one of the more interesting voices in the competition.

I'm not as down on Kat as some (and I wasn't surprised that the voting public would give her Danny Boy attempt a pass), but yeah if she gives us more uneven duds then I'm not sure she'll make it to that 8 cut down to 4 that always happens in a few weeks.

I think Shane Q, Joanna, and Will will be the next three to go in some order. That would leave Hello Sunday (I think it's going to take the cull week to maybe get rid of these two), Ricky, Marybeth, Jake, and then maybe one of Rose or Myracle feel like the Top 4. so that would leave Kat, Katie, and then other one out of Rose/Myracle (along with Hello Sunday) to get eliminated during the cull.

• Love 1

I thought Joana won that instant save by a large margin (much larger than the vote totals).  Not that I wanted to see either Cali or Max go home this soon either.

I can't figure out who is voting for Shane Q.  The guy has ranged from mediocre to just plain bad in all his performances after his blind audition.  Kat and Will's vocals have been even worse lately, but I guess I can sort of understand why they might get a few votes.  But Shane? 

I personally find Hello Sunday to be very entertaining and I'm glad they get another week.  Irrespective of where they end up in this competition, I suspect they have the best chance of turning this opportunity into a career.  I don't mind them being a duet.  The Voice has had duets going all the way back to Season 1 and, if anything, its tended to prove to be a disadvantage.  I can think of several who were eliminated way before they probably should have been.  These girls have been getting through because they are just plain fun and have considerable natural talent, even it needs a bit of polishing.

I suspect the winner is going to come down to either Ricky (the Blake vote) or Jake (the only remaining country singer).  Both are good vocalists, but nothing much special beyond that. I'd much rather see Rose, Marybeth, or Katie win.

Edited by viajero

I thought Max had a really pretty voice, I wanted to hear more from him. Cali had sour face the whole night almost like she knew she was going home.

I did not like the songs Gwen or Kelly sang with their teams. Everyone sounded off key to me.

I think John has the best overall team. But, I do like Jake Hoot.

Gwen looked really pretty. I don't like the short dresses she wears and thought she looked better in the outfit she had on when singing with her team. Kelly looked better in the black dress she had on when she was singing with her team too. That other thing she had on looked like she found a circus tent on side the road and decided to cut 3 holes in it, one for her head and two for her arms, lol.

• LOL 2

Kelly, if you have time to read these forums (doubtful), please wear more dresses like the black shiny LBD you wore for your team song. The night before, you looked like a paper airplane had embedded into your chest... and that other contraption - not sure exactly how to describe it (mind blown... word fail)... just yuck. Black number? YES!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1