Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Starving for Independence

• Start Topic

Airs November 12, 2019

Kim allows Moriah to go to San Francisco with Olivia; Ethan finds creative ways to pass the time while Olivia is gone.

Olivia is a beautiful woman with a lot going on, I would think she would get bored of Ethan. 

LOL at Ethan hanging out with Oscar and Jose his coworkers, Ethan seems like a nice guy but what a dork. OMG the 2 holes story... no just no Ethan.

For somebody supposedly sheltered Moriah has a lot of skimpy outfits.

The mother is bitchy but tries to cover it with fake sweetness.

• Love 18

I only watched this episode because I wanted to see what they thought of San Francisco, one of my favorite cities. I’m glad they liked the Castro neighborhood and had fun. I’m glad Moriah has Olivia. She wants to break free, have experiences and have fun. Maybe they should give Moriah her own show about getting away from the farm. Kind of like leaving the Amish only she’s getting away from her controlling mother. 

• Love 6

No kidding!  I kept having to remind myself that she's only 16, and with her sheltered upbringing it explains her immaturity.  Olivia seems pretty level headed and insightful.  But again, who hires a relatively inexperienced photographer (and her clueless "assistant") from Georgia for their wedding in SF?

What mother has a talk like that with her son right before the wedding?  The woman is sick.  And someone needs to tell her that her eye make up is not flattering.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Here's the thing:

Mom says the relationship with Olivia is strained and doesn't know what to do about it.

Here's some book learning for ya:

Sit down and talk to the girl and try to work out the differences.  It's what grownups do.  Listen to each other without biases.  Work it through, or you're gonna start losing your children.  Hosanna is already gone; Ethan is out the door; rumor has it that Moriah may have flown the coop.

How many more do you have to lose before you get a clue?

• Love 5

"So, there are two holes..."  And I'm dead.  🤣🤣🤣 Somebody was speaking from experience, and not a fun one hehehe.

Speaking of bitchy Kim, she'd better seriously reconsider her attitude towards Olivia. If he feels pushed to the point of having to choose between the two, Ethan will be waving bye to Mommy Dearest before she knows what hit her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SabineElisabeth said:

"So, there are two holes..."  And I'm dead.  🤣🤣🤣 Somebody was speaking from experience, and not a fun one hehehe.

Speaking of bitchy Kim, she'd better seriously reconsider her attitude towards Olivia. If he feels pushed to the point of having to choose between the two, Ethan will be waving bye to Mommy Dearest before she knows what hit her.

I guess if you don't have "head learning" you don't know there are 3 holes lady! Unless you can pee out of one of those other two holes! And love how she told him to make sure to not get the wrong one.  Because we all know Jesus has a preference!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I have a lot of questions. Where do these kids shop for clothes etc ? Like, do they get out ? They appear to dress on trend and in their own style well the big kids anyway. Do they go to the dr? Their teeth cleaned ? Do they leave the farm ? How did the daughter get an ID to fly ? 

The two holes story was funny . I was glad he was drinking beer and has made friends off the farm, his friends  are even possibly culturally and ethnically diverse than he is and they seem to have a mutual understanding and acceptance and true camaraderie  going on. Nice ! 

This is a fascinating train wreck. What motivates these parents to go from severe full on sheltered to a shit show of exposure in the worst way ? 180 degrees. 

• Love 7

RE: the two holes story...

Why did she wait 5 minutes before the wedding? Is that what was on her mind , then ? Not the guests, flowers, how much her  shoes hurt her feet, are her other kids behaving,  someone sneaking in a flask of liquor.... she worried about her son getting a good lay on his wedding night ?

Ethan should have told nosy mom - "Yeah mom - I know all about my wife-to-be holes" and they felt damm good. I've been doing what my dad says he does to you."

That would have made her mind her business. Real quick.

willsmith.gif.7c6a5bc35734f6130b26915a27777e70.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 6
On 11/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Armchair Critic said:

Olivia is a beautiful woman with a lot going on, I would think she would get bored of Ethan. 

LOL at Ethan hanging out with Oscar and Jose his coworkers, Ethan seems like a nice guy but what a dork. OMG the 2 holes story... no just no Ethan.

The mother is bitchy but tries to cover it with fake sweetness.

Isn’t  this family supposed to be religious fanatics or something homeschooled blah blah blah why is the daughter running around 3/4 undressed with enough make up on to choke the breath out of her? So much friggin bullshit .fame whores is what they are .just wanted to be on TV!

On 11/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, camom said:

No kidding!  I kept having to remind myself that she's only 16, and with her sheltered upbringing it explains her immaturity.  Olivia seems pretty level headed and insightful.  But again, who hires a relatively inexperienced photographer (and her clueless "assistant") from Georgia for their wedding in SF?

What mother has a talk like that with her son right before the wedding?  The woman is sick.  And someone needs to tell her that her eye make up is not flattering.

• Love 1

She’s only 16 and she’s walking around in those barely existing outfits ?😳!!holy shit.  My father never would’ve let me walk around like that every day and I didn’t come from some crazy ass family like theirs either. The show is total bullshit   I don’t think these are people anywhere near as sheltered as we are lead to believe. 

On 11/14/2019 at 4:39 PM, Iceprincess11911 said:

I'd like to know where she got the money for all those slutty outfits, and the shoes.  If the parents are so strict, seems they wouldn't allow her to dress like a ho.

Totally!!!  Slutty outfits. Yes. Dressing like a Ho, yes.  I said bunch of bullshit these people are in it for the dough. 

• Love 1
On 11/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I have a lot of questions. Where do these kids shop for clothes etc ? Like, do they get out ? They appear to dress on trend and in their own style well the big kids anyway. Do they go to the dr? Their teeth cleaned ? Do they leave the farm ? How did the daughter get an ID to fly ? 

The two holes story was funny . I was glad he was drinking beer and has made friends off the farm, his friends  are even possibly culturally and ethnically diverse than he is and they seem to have a mutual understanding and acceptance and true camaraderie  going on. Nice ! 

This is a fascinating train wreck. What motivates these parents to go from severe full on sheltered to a shit show of exposure in the worst way ? 180 degrees. 

And did you notice that “farm” House in one scene seemed to be sitting on a very busy road.  Didn’t seem very rural. 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Motivation: MONEY

• Love 2

I call shenanigans on the whole destination wedding in San Francisco. Olivia just wanted to spring Moriah from the Plath compound and take her straight that that bastion of liberalism for some fine fish-out-of-water moments.

This is such an extremely odd show and I can't believe I'm watching it.

• LOL 1