Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Informant

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Voight pulls Darius in after Crawford asks Intelligence to investigate a dangerous drug, but there is little trust in the relationship. When their plan to nail a dealer goes awry and another CI is murdered, the team must make a tough decision about Darius.

Airdate: 11.06.2019

How did I know that Hailey’s CI would not make it through the episode before we even saw him? He was so eager to prove himself that he put himself in danger. Did Voight really think that Darius would have confessed to putting a hit out on Hailey’s CI? On a lighter note Vanessa and Kevin looked like a believable couple while undercover at the night club. I really think they would be good together if written correctly, unlike the Bruzek bore.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, spunky said:

On a lighter note Vanessa and Kevin looked like a believable couple while undercover at the night club. I really think they would be good together if written correctly

That's a pretty big IF.....

• Love 2

Hailey & Cam were stupid to not wear some high powered masks around that guy who had the open bag of carfentynal. I'd think that drug could have seriously messed with their lungs.

• Useful 1
Just now, mommalib said:

I found it funny that Haley was bitching about Darius being a killer when her boss is one too.

This ↑  and the fact that she herself told the CI that his presence in the precinct "could get him killed"

What did she expect?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I can't stand her.  They shove her down our throats from the jump of her entering this series, while making the rest of the cast look inept, and then in this episode she is strutting around like she runs the place.

I'm with you!   I can't stand her either.   Right now she has a "recurring role."    If we're lucky, they'll dump her.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Donder said:

Everybody's contracts are up after this season and you can see the exit strategy being implemented.

Hoping, but it won't happen, for Voight's exit to be implemented.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

It would be good to see a mass exodus of most of the regulars.

This is Beghe's most successful role to date.  He's had a long career but mostly as a guest star.  Unless he ends up with another "anger management" complaint (aka sexual harassment, in his case) he's not going anywhere.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

This is Beghe's most successful role to date.  He's had a long career but mostly as a guest star.  Unless he ends up with another "anger management" complaint (aka sexual harassment, in his case) he's not going anywhere.

But we certainly can wish. . . . . . . .

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought it was an anger and not a sexual issue?

Obviously he would remain. But they could certainly change up the rest of the squad.

Because the two new ones they've bought in the past few years have been so great? I think the problem is the showrunner not the characters tbh

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought it was an anger and not a sexual issue?

That's the way it was presented originally, but lately Sophia Bush has been making comments that it was more.  She was quoted recently saying something like "Imagine being assaulted in a room full of men and nobody does anything but look away?"  Or words to that effect.  So I'm guessing it was much more than anger issues.

I think if was sexual Bush would have been in full throated Me Too frenzy. She is a very committed activist who would not cover it up. That leads me to believe it was something much more nebulous. 

Just my thought.

I agree that the new people they brought on suck.... so if they brought by in new people they can hopefully be better.

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think if was sexual Bush would have been in full throated Me Too frenzy. She is a very committed activist who would not cover it up. That leads me to believe it was something much more nebulous. 

Just my thought.

Could very well be.  She was vague, but made it clear, it was more than anger issues, It's open to interpretation and anyone's guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/12/11/sophia-bush-quit-chicago-pd-assault-abusive-behavior-dax-shepard-podcast/2274757002/

Here is the quote:

She continued, “You start to lose your way when someone assaults you in a room full of people and everyone literally looks away, looks at the floor, looks at the ceiling, and you’re the one woman in the room and every man who’s twice your size doesn’t do something, you go, ‘Oh that wasn’t worth defending? I’m not worth defending?' ”

She concluded Friday's post with a warning to her critics: "Do not forget that my 'titanium spine,' as my sister @hilarieburton calls it, was forged in fire. I am not a woman that you will ever reduce. Not one iota. None of us are." 

NBC has not responded to USA TODAY's request for comment. 

I agree it's not fair to make it up, but it's glaringly obvious, it wasn't an "anger issue"  Assault is a vague word, but I do think if he punched her, people would have reacted.  Personally I think it was something sexual, possibly "nebulous" as you stated.  Whatever "it" was, it was bad enough for her to leave a really lucrative job.

Well Upton's big episode must have been a rip-snorter seeing as nobody is talking about it anywhere, including here.

I wonder how much of that is the fallout after the horrible framing of the dead black guy for murder last week and how much is that people are tired of Upton's holier than thou attitude? Perhaps people don't like her as much as the writers seem to think they do? 

No wonder they put out the preview they did, they need viewers to come back.

• Love 1
On 11/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Wait now the other girl is pregnant and the meathead must be the father?

That should do wonders for the cohesion of the unit. Yikes!

This is exactly why I hated them being put together. Because now, a bulk of the show next week is going to be about Kim's pregnancy drama, and what that means for her and Adam's relationship. Ugh. And that's not what we watch Chicago P.D. for. It's an insult to the CPD.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

This is exactly why I hated them being put together. Because now, a bulk of the show next week is going to be about Kim's pregnancy drama, and what that means for her and Adam's relationship. Ugh. And that's not what we watch Chicago P.D. for. It's an insult to the CPD.

Even as a Burzek fan I agree, I don't want this storyline but after the dreck that was the past two weeks maybe something a little different might be good. Although I have zero expectation that it will be well executed.

If it's only a one episode focus I will cope because we've had to put up with multiple Halstead looking constipated episodes, Upton being stupid and whiny. Burgess has been non-exsistent this season so I will enjoy her one episode, she'll be back in background next week while we watch Halstead over emote every scene again.

It's just annoying that her only episodes seem to revolve around her love life, it seems that's the box the writers have shoved her into.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

This series hasn't been the same since all of the regulars moved up to work under Voight.  They need to go back to the two story line tracks,  Voight's group and the beat cops.  The series was much better with Burgess and Roman on the street as beat cops.  Of course Roman can't be a beat cop anymore and he moved out west.

I

So agree!! My favorite time of the show was when Burgess and Atwater  were on patrol together.  I get that they deserve to be promoted (Atwater does at least, not so sure about Burgess) but they should bring in new patrol cops and keep the earlier format.  Plus more patrol scenes means more Platt!! Love me some more Trudy!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

So agree!! My favorite time of the show was when Burgess and Atwater  were on patrol together.  I get that they deserve to be promoted (Atwater does at least, not so sure about Burgess) but they should bring in new patrol cops and keep the earlier format.  Plus more patrol scenes means more Platt!! Love me some more Trudy!

The show really lost something when they made it all about Intelligence. It's just going round and round in circles now. It was unique and they dropped it so abruptly it didn't make sense. They bought in Tay and then got rid of her so quickly it was strange although I have the feeling that it was around the time that Marina was pregnant since they decided not to write that into the show they had to move her upstairs as she wouldn't have been able to hide it in uniform but they should have kept Tay and bought in someone knew.

Maybe they missed the chance to re-introduce it with Rojas, she could have been a beat cop that they used regularly like they used Burgess and Atwater in the beginning because honestly she's bought nothing to the show by being in Intelligence. Her and Platt bouncing off each other could have been interesting. 

• Love 2

I think Soffer was the sexual harassment complaint(with you know who). Beghe just bullied(with you know who again). I just find it odd the temper tantrums went down starting in season 5.

If the show goes on, Beghe is sure to be the first resign.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:35 AM, Donder said:

I think Soffer was the sexual harassment complaint(with you know who). Beghe just bullied(with you know who again). I just find it odd the temper tantrums went down starting in season 5.

If the show goes on, Beghe is sure to be the first resign.

It was all Beghe, Soffer had nothing to do with it. She would never have agreed to go convention and take pictures with Soffer if he harassed her 

Edited by Jaelyn96
  • Love 1