Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Casting Speculation & Spoilers

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

After last week’s episode of War of the Worlds 2, we got a midseason trailer. What better time to find out that the 35th will be filming soon, if it hasn’t started filming already?

As usual, I’m getting updates from StopBeingPolite.com, which relies on info from Vevmo for information. Basically, you check that page every now and then to see who will be making the trip.

NO RESULTS SPOILERS. PLEASE.

Looking at the SPS Twitter, I think the implication is Cara Maria might not be showing up. That would be shocking if true, since she’s become a staple for the series. Sadly, a lot of the bigger headaches will be making the trip to Prague. Making returns: Aneesa, Jenna, and Mattie. Also, some lady named Bayleigh. She’s from Big Brother, so you just know she’ll be a headache. No word about the demigod from Turkey, but Jordan is on the list, as is Tori. Oh, and Wes is coming back. Maybe BMP managed to secure his involvement over three straight seasons?

ETA: Just noticed this line: "Stephen Bear Shipwrecked UK, Celebrity Big Brother UK, Registered Sex Offender, Ex on the Beach UK" I laughed out loud because that is so true.

ETA2: Chris "Swaggy C" Williams is now on the list. I'm hoping he gets hurt for that nickname alone. Cory has been pried off the Teen Mom teat so he can compete. And Kailah is also there for anyone who like her.

Edited by Lantern7
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

@xfuse . . . some guy named "Fessy" just popped up. Does he make you nauseous as well?

I know "Swaggy C" is based off the nickname of an NBA player, but it's still obnoxious as hell.

I didn't watch all of BB but what I remember he should fit right in with the other challenge contestants. He thinks he's all that and couldn't win a trivia contest spelling his own name.

As for 'Swaggy' he came in with everything with "Swaggy' written on it trying to make it a thing. He thought he was going to be so popular and then make millions selling his 'Swaggy' merchandise. It turns out he wasn't popular or smart.  He and Bayleigh were the couple that had sex in the BB house and got pregnant. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, xfuse said:

As for 'Swaggy' he came in with everything with "Swaggy' written on it trying to make it a thing. He thought he was going to be so popular and then make millions selling his 'Swaggy' merchandise. It turns out he wasn't popular or smart.  He and Bayleigh were the couple that had sex in the BB house and got pregnant. 

In terms of coming onto a reality show with what you think is a profitable gimmick . . . Mike/Miz was the exception and not the rule?

Who is Kaycee? That’s another name from Big Brother. Melissa from the UK has also been added.

31 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Who is Kaycee? That’s another name from Big Brother

She won the BB season that Bayleigh, Swaggy, and Fessy were on. She was a beast in BB comps but who knows if that would translate to Challenge comps.

That cast looks absolutely horrible in practically every way. I think I need to stop watching again.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was a beast in BB comps but who knows if that would translate to Challenge comps.

Didn't she play football in a professional or semi professional league? 

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I am not a fan of her

Me either.

I just don't think that anyone who is a professional athlete or an Olympian should be on the challenge.   

This list of castmates is really bad. I will wait to see the final list but I really don't think I will be watching this one.

• Love 1

Latest names before bed: Dee, Nelson, Jay from Survivor whom I cannot seem to remember.

5 hours ago, xfuse said:

I just don't think that anyone who is a professional athlete or an Olympian should be on the challenge.   

Given that athleticism is one small part of thriving on the show, I don’t think pros or Olympians would be coming in at an advantage. Theo is probably Olympics-level (or a few rungs below that), and he had to go to the Proving Ground twice.

• Love 1

No new updates. Here's Cara Maria wishing the cast the best of luck in the upcoming season:

I think you'd have to click the pic a few times for the full message. Once again, I think of Tyra Banks. "I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!"

• LOL 1
On 10/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, Lantern7 said:

Also, some lady named Bayleigh. She’s from Big Brother, so you just know she’ll be a headache.

ETA2: Chris "Swaggy C" Williams is now on the list. I'm hoping he gets hurt for that nickname alone. 

Get ready to hate. Haaaaaaate. On the other hand, they'll most likely get their asses handed to them (particularly Chris), and that will be fun to watch.

22 hours ago, xfuse said:

Didn't [Kaycee] play football in a professional or semi professional league? 

She is (was?) a wideout for the Chargers WNFL team, and known as the OBJ of women's football. One of many challenges she won in her late-game streak, was the "catch slippy stuff we fire at you at warp eight." Fess was a standout NCAA player for UT Chattanooga, and she wiped the floor with him. She's also VERY low drama, to the point where I'm surprised they cast her for this show. I hope she does well!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

She's also VERY low drama, to the point where I'm surprised they cast her for this show.

Yea, I don't get it at all. Maybe just to bring in someone that's physically a beast? Because her personality is not gonna match well with this show at all.

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I don't get it at all. Maybe just to bring in someone that's physically a beast? Because her personality is not gonna match well with this show at all.

Re the bold, yeah, I think so. I'm going to be super amused when Roidhead #7 and Drama Queen #11 try to get in her face, and she's like "Why are we having this conversation? Have a beer and chill out, bro."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Two new names:

Kayla Fitzgerald The Amazing Race 30

I did a double-take, because I did not remember her at all. Turns out she and fellow "ring girl" Dessie (more like Instagram models) were the first team out in TAR30. I'm thinking that I should just be grateful Cody & Jessica aren't coming.

Tori Hall Road Rules Viewers Revenge

Earthshaking if true. When was the last time she saw the one-time Mrs. Fiorenza? Cutthroat? And would that mean Brad will be invited as well?

ETA: Teege's name was added as host . . . just in case anyone thought BMP wouldn't bring in someone new.

Edited by Lantern7
4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm thinking that I should just be grateful Cody & Jessica aren't coming.

I so want Cody to come on the challenge. I just want to see him give Johnny or whoever the blank face when they try and get in his head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Tori Hall Road Rules Viewers Revenge

Earthshaking if true. When was the last time she saw the one-time Mrs. Fiorenza? Cutthroat? And would that mean Brad will be invited as well?

Wow. I checked and she hasn't been on since season 20. Why would she come back now?

2 hours ago, xfuse said:

I so want Cody to come on the challenge. I just want to see him give Johnny or whoever the blank face when they try and get in his head.

This.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, xfuse said:

No incentive for him to come after he and Jessica lucked their way into their win on TAR30. I’m still bitter, especially when CBS hyped their win afterward . . . more than likely because they were on Big Brother.

Look at the top teams from TAR31. I can’t see any of them doing The Challenge. In brief:

• Colin & Christie are too old. TAR5 Colin would’ve been a good fit. He was as hot-headed as some of today’s meatheads.
  • Tyler is too famous, and I can’t see Korey coming here.
  • Leo & Jamil, aka “The Afghanimals”? Too mature, even after their antics.
  • Becca & Floyd? I can’t see it. When was the last time we had Challengers who were lovable dorks? Tori Deal likes to rap, right? She could freestyle with Becca.
  • Maybe Nicole would come over. Victor? Been there, done that.
39 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow. I checked and she hasn't been on since season 20. Why would she come back now?

This.

Well back in the day, the prize pool was $100k maybe?

Now it's been $1 million the past few seasons, so more lucrative sum, which is way more than inflation over the past 10-15 years.

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 12:12 AM, Lantern7 said:

Latest names before bed: Dee, Nelson, Jay from Survivor whom I cannot seem to remember.

Given that athleticism is one small part of thriving on the show, I don’t think pros or Olympians would be coming in at an advantage. Theo is probably Olympics-level (or a few rungs below that), and he had to go to the Proving Ground twice.

I remember not liking Jay on Survivor but I do not remember why now.  I pretty sure he was an asshole.

Not going to like I like seeing Jenna, Aneesa, Kailah, Cory, and Nelson back.  All have missed at least one if not more seasons and that is the right enough amount of time for them to have been gone.  Now that they are back, I will probably remember why I do not like them, well not Jenna and Aneesa I have always like both of them no matter what they do.  Also, Cory and Nelson will hopefully be roadblocks in Johnny's game.

Fessy is not going to understand the voting process.  Who flipped?

As others have said, Kacyee is way to chill to be on here.  

Swaggy cheated a guy with cancer out of charity money, I think that says enough about his character.  Bayleigh's the right amount of crazy to get into an epic fight so that is something to look out for.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I remember not liking Jay on Survivor but I do not remember why now.  I pretty sure he was an asshole.

I didn't like Jay either but I think, in general, he was very popular with the audience. He's too close to Survivor's Worst Winner (well, tied with Bob) for me to even consider liking him lol.

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Swaggy cheated a guy with cancer out of charity money, I think that says enough about his character.

Well, he'll fit in nicely with Johnny and Bear.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't like Jay either but I think, in general, he was very popular with the audience. He's too close to Survivor's Worst Winner (well, tied with Bob) for me to even consider liking him lol.

Wait . . . Jay won his season? I don't remember, and I don't care enough to check right now.

Given the additional language in that Vevmo thread, my guess is Tori Hall may be an alternate (which makes sense: why would they willingly have two Toris?) If they had Tor'i from Ex on the Beach, that might've been fun: Tori, Tori and Tor'i.

I'm all in on next season, mainly for the rookies. Although the BB folks are paired up already, which likely means less hook-up drama (Kaycee in a relationship, Fessy's with Hayleigh, and Swaggy and Bayleigh are married). I also love Adam Klein's actual best friend, Jay, although it makes me sad that Jay will never be on Survivor again now.

And I can't get over that crybaby Josh is ... a Challenge regular?! How'd that happen?

• Love 3

Nothing new to report. Would Cara Maria not showing up be considered a big deal going into this season?

I'm not seeing Turbo's name. I'm really hoping he takes one season off. Otherwise, it'll be him and Jordan trying to smack each other with their dicks on the flight to Prague,

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nothing new to report. Would Cara Maria not showing up be considered a big deal going into this season?

I'm not seeing Turbo's name. I'm really hoping he takes one season off. Otherwise, it'll be him and Jordan trying to smack each other with their dicks on the flight to Prague,

I'd watch that.  At least for a couple minutes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

So far, the break down is fifteen women, thirteen men. Maybe the final total would be 30-32?

Let me get this right . . . "Swaggy" cheated a cancer patient out of charity money. Maybe the only reason CT is showing up is to put him in traction for a few months.

• Love 1

Found a new name: "Jennifer Lee The Amazing Race 29" Once again, no mental bells being rung. Off to Wikipedia!

. . . and another girl who was eliminated in the first leg, this time in TAR29. That was the one where all Racers came in as strangers.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, Lantern7 said:

Let me get this right . . . "Swaggy" cheated a cancer patient out of charity money.

We go into the whole mess in excruciating detail, starting most of the way down this page. (Try not to judge - it was the off season....) Look for Lady Calypso's post on February 3rd.

I just watched tonight's episode, and I have a question. Since some people might be reading this when searching their user names, I can't say it right away. I can say there's been no change on SPS, though maybe I should be monitoring Vevmo. I'm just scared concerned I might get results-spoiled.

Okay . . . is it possible that Turbo's outburst has barred him from future seasons? I know he was walking a fine line, but he shouldn't be penalized just because of Jordan. And a lot of other players have stayed in the game after doing worse. I mean . . . Turbo might no longer be in play, and Bear is guaranteed a few more seasons. On what world is that remotely fair?!?

• Love 2

Another thought: is it possible that Jordan is being set up as the new "face" of The Challenge, and that Turbo's ejection and absence in S35 might have been motivated by that? Maybe they locked up Jordan and Tori for the foreseeable future. Think about it . . . Johnny has been freefalling results-wise since Rivals III. Bear has legal problems that might keep him out. Cara Maria isn't in S35, either by her own accord or BMP's. CT might decide that his son is the one kid he can handle (as opposed to, say, the team he's been saddled with in WOTW2). Does any of this sound feasible?

Filming started more than a week ago, and only one person has been confirmed as eliminated, according to Vevmo. Anyone else starting to think that Challenge 35 is nothing but an elaborate scheme to trap 30 reality contestants in Prague, tell them they're filming a show and then just keep them there forever? It's like the start of a mystery novel.

Edited by Eolivet
  • LOL 1

Two changes on the SPS page:

1. Asaf Goren has been added to the cast list. His listed credits: "Are You the One? 4, Big Brother Israel, Worst Cooks in America" My reaction: "Geez, there's a Big Brother over there too?!?"
  2. This is now written at the very top: "HOST: TBD May not be TJ"

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!

Seriously, as seismic as the prospect of no Cara Maria would be, Teege not hosting seems unthinkable in of itself. Then again, is there anyone who can't do what he does? Just show up, pump up the drama, and yell at players for acts of violence even when the series is 60 percent violence at minimum.

No movement on the SPS page. Teege is listed as the host once again.

Is there an even number of men and women listed? I'm still expecting a few more names. I'm surprised every time the list ends with Wes, because I keep thinking Zach would be past his name.

Vevmo sources I believe have removed Tori Hall, and are trying to find out the identity of a rookie male from Australia. Without Tori and with this new guy, that would be 15 guys and girls apiece for a total of 30.

The most intriguing thing I saw is that the house might be a bomb shelter in Prague. That would be wild.

44 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Vevmo sources I believe have removed Tori Hall . . .

Awwww . . . I like it when retired veterans emerge from the ether to try their best. And then we get someone like "Shady Shane" who fucks everything up.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 5:45 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I really liked her on BB and think she will absolutely be there to compete. I don't want this show to poison her and make her some terrible drama queen!

Bayleigh and Swaggy...ugh. Please go home soon. And by soon, I mean immediately. 

• Love 4

Kaycee is way too nice/vanilla/likable  for this show.  I can’t see her making her way through the social part of the game.  They will eat her up alive.  However, she’s a talented athlete.  It will be interesting.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, sara416 said:

I really liked her on BB and think she will absolutely be there to compete. I don't want this show to poison her and make her some terrible drama queen!

On 11/9/2019 at 8:50 AM, peachmangosteen said:

This show ruins everyone that comes into contact with it tbh.

Isn't Big Brother far, far worse? I mean, if someone from that show pops up on Survivor or The Amazing Race, my first thought is usually, "Okay, how fucked up is this person?"

8 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Kaycee is way too nice/vanilla/likable  for this show.  I can’t see her making her way through the social part of the game.  They will eat her up alive.  However, she’s a talented athlete.  It will be interesting.

Well, we had two people with athletic backgrounds finish WOTW1 last season (Theo, Natalie), and I think Wes played competitive soccer for a while. Turbo probably could qualify for the Olympics in many sports, but I think he doesn't want people to know he's related to the legendary Minotaur of Greek myth. Any drug tests he'd take would probably come up positive because of that.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Isn't Big Brother far, far worse? I mean, if someone from that show pops up on Survivor or The Amazing Race, my first thought is usually, "Okay, how fucked up is this person?"

Most of the time, yes, this is true. BB is my shitshow garbage viewing for the summer. But Kaycee does not fit that mold, which is a big part of the reason she won. People didn't hate her. Unlike Josh, who only one because people hated the guy he was against (rightfully so, he was obnoxious).

• Love 4
On 11/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, Lantern7 said:

Isn't Big Brother far, far worse?

That's what most seem to think I guess but I think this show is spectacularly worse. It's just a dumpster fire of heinous people nowadays. Which, sure, so is BB, but I don't know this show just takes even people who I once thought were decent and turns them into garbage lol.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's what most seem to think I guess but I think this show is spectacularly worst. It's just a dumpster fire of heinous people nowadays. Which, sure, so is BB, but I don't know this show just takes even people who I once thought were decent and turns them into garbage lol.

Exactly, The Challenge is far more trashier.  Big Brother can be trash TV sure but there are also far more dorkier elements to the show.  Like people being punished and having to wear a chicken suit.  The Challenge has more in common with the Bad Girls Club (Which, I loved.) now.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2019 at 1:51 PM, IndyMischa said:

Get ready to hate. Haaaaaaate. On the other hand, they'll most likely get their asses handed to them (particularly Chris), and that will be fun to watch.

I am on and off again with this trainwreck of a show, but I will absolutely watch Swaggy and Bayleigh just for this. I mean, I hate that they are getting more exposure, but I can't imagine them doing anything other than clashing with just about everyone, and whining about everything. It will be awesome.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Looking at the cast list again. To review: the final five on the UK team will be returning for the new season. The US team? No Cara Maria, no Paulie, no Natalie, no Zach, no Leroy, no Kam. Just Ashley.

I don't think Leroy needs our pity, but do you think he's packed it in? Ditto with CM/P . . . or maybe they want to lie low until enough people forget what assholes they've been.

• Love 1