Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Infection (3)

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After zeroing in on the suspect responsible for the bioterrorism that’s gripping Chicago, the PD prepares to undertake their biggest manhunt yet. Upton is torn between helping track down the perp and providing emotional support to the scared young girl that needs her. Voight fears his team is being sent on a wild goose chase.

Part 3 of a crossover event with Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.

Airdate: 10.16.2019

42 minutes ago, rhys said:

Oh no. Tell me it isn't going to be Kim & Ruzek part deux. Ugh. Why, show?

The dude at the conference table at the end with the chest ebola? Crikey -- that was awful. 

Whoever did the makeup and prosthetics for Infection did a great job. 

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

They did too good a job, I had to turn away often, it was so gross lol

While I thought the ending of the story was anticlimactic, I enjoyed the crossover more than I thought it would. The idea of it being based on an infection just didn’t thrill me but overall, it was pretty good.

I don’t know how I feel about Kim just diving back into Ruzek’s bed that easily. Are we all just supposed to forget about that ill conceived situationship he had with Upton? Ugh. She should have made him grovel.

• Love 5

Damn, that was a good 3 hours of television.

I know it's a lot of work for all concerned (read that it took 30 days to shoot) but I hope they can do more of this type of really integrated crossover.

The makeup was almost too good. Sheesh. 

• Love 9

Upton is as dumb as rocks....seriously. You are checking out the co-worker of a guy who died from a flesh eating virus, she's clearly got a fever/unwell and you go inside? She deserved to catch it after that.

At least Ruzek and Burgess have chemistry. I guess she's forgiven him for the Upton mess the same why he forgave her for the Roman debacle. Fair play.

I know they have to drag cases out for the whole hour but they make them so convoluted it's hard to follow. I can't say I was on the edge of my seat because the Fire and Med portions tipped me over the edge, I just wanted it over by the end. Three hours was way too long.

The theme, tightened up by cutting out a lot of the waffle would have made the PD portion much better, but it was a big job they had to do and it was reasonably well pulled together as far as crossovers go. 

I can tell you something for nothing, if I am dealing with said virus of unknown origin, & with no idea what I am walking into I would have my hair tied back into a bun so hard I'd look like I had botox...LADIES, tie your fucking hair up.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

They did because I was trying to eat dinner during this and gave up because it was making me nauseous!🤑

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

They did because I was trying to eat dinner during this and gave up because it was making me nauseous!🤑

It’s funny. I can look at gross stuff like Dr. Marcel cutting away hunks of necrotic tissue, but I cannot look at something like Jay cutting his own arm.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If TPTB really wanted to shake things up, they could have Kim and Hailey hookup.

Based on some things I read prior to the season, I actually think they plan to do Rojas and Hailey.

Edited by doLLish
  • Useful 1

I'm so glad to see the stupid long fly away hair mentioned.    The long hair and especially when in a ponytail is perfect for a perp to grab and drag them.  Don't they have a police consultant?   

• Love 2

Good finish to crossover. This was the first crossover where all 3 shows integrally involved in all episodes. The infection make up looked so real. Ugh. 

Burgess and Ruzek again!!! Why? Is Ruzek fully incapable of trying to have companionship outside of his own unit? It's not a good look to have cop sleeping around with multiple women in the same unit, and especially in one year. Adam seems like a male s***. Rojas better watch out. And why the hell is Kim going for it? She knows he was just with Upton. Now, you want to go back to him? Ugh. And just like last year, this comes out of nowhere. They have a tough case, and now let's get back together. Now, we have to see their relationship drama forced into the show, taking away from the actual stories.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Not to mention I feel like Burgess is his second check. He’d absolutely still be with Upton if she was into it. Now with the inevitable Upton/Halstead the unit is such an embarrassment.

Don't forget...Atwater and Rojas, they'll be banging soon.

I don't agree that he'd still be with Upton, he was just as much over her as she was him at least that's how I saw the break up. He actually looked relieved when she ended it.

Now I admit I am a Burzek fan...always have been but I didn't really want this either. I wanted to see them just work on being friends for this season at least but if them being together means that Upton and Halstead are put on the back burner I'll take one for the team and say Yay Burzek...finally.

• Love 6

I do not watch PD, so I did not record the ending of this 3-part crossover.  Will some kind soul please summarize what happened with the infection, who was responsible, who was caught?  Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, izabella said:

I do not watch PD, so I did not record the ending of this 3-part crossover.  Will some kind soul please summarize what happened with the infection, who was responsible, who was caught?  Thanks in advance!

Spoiler

This guy was the terrorist. Shot and killed by Voight.

vlcsnap-00039.jpg

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

Ruzek and Kim 🙄🙄🙄🙄

I liked that the episodes transitioned smoothly, which helped with continuity.

The lunatic had a good point about big pharma being greedy, but went about it the wrong way. I feel as though being shot was the easy way out for him. He needed to be injected with his own disease so that he could suffer the same way all those innocent people did before they died.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I was hoping that Voight would have "taken care of him" over several episodes.   I am not a Voight fan, but if there was ever a dude that deserved a slow painful agonizing death, it was the jerk that infected all of those people.

Once that jerk did all of that, nothing he would have said would have mattered.  No one would have listend to him.  People would just think that he was just an evil human being who was out to destroy innocent people's lives.

I’m not a Voight fan either, but Voight “taking care of him” would have been too good for him. He deserved to die by the same disease he created.

• Love 1

I really wish Peacock would post this and other two episodes as one seamless one. One combined title to start and credits to finish. They essentially shot a pretty decent movie and it'd be fun to watch it like that

• Love 1