Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Some kind of puff cereal. Something like these.

image.png.4248eccd7b6c46c5ae6e63f012b83698.pngimage.png.150fcba82b1631a7895a8c706cbf6680.png

I need help from those of you who are more experienced with babies and toddlers. When we met SBaby she was 16 months old and had never had solid food. We didn’t know that, expected her to at least had been fed congee. We brought two one gallon bags of Cheerios. She didn’t seem interested and we did not force the issue. The couple who adopted the only other kid from the same orphanage had an equally obscene amount of those Gerber like puffs. Except they were very health conscious and the puffs were sugar free, dye free, probably taste free (JK). Their son would have none of it. 

We ended up trading snacks and both kids were happy. After three weeks of solid food eating we arrived home. SBaby decided she was done with the puffs. It was quite funny to us, back to cheerios she went, and those dreadful goldfish crackers. I can’t imagine her at almost three years old eating puffs. Do normal three year olds eat that stuff? Is it just convenient for the parents to buy puffs for both Zade and Layla? Their choices just baffle me. 

I thought that was Carlin and Whitney on the screenshot from the video above. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I have to say, "Tiger Paws Jumbo Snax" isn't much better than a freaking cake pop from Starbucks. They might as well give Layla the sugar dispenser and let her have at it. Do better, Carlin. Try some grapes or orange sections. 

Is that the lowly hired staff working in the warehouse? What were "busy" owners Whitney and Carlin doing -- posing for photos? 

No actual cereal, it seems.  At least no fiber.  The main ingredients seem to be salt and sugar.  No better than a cake pop as far as I can tell.

ingredients in Tiger Paws

ingredients in cake pops

Cake pops actually contain a little bit of fat and protein.  Both are nearly all sugar though.

A cake pop is 18g of sugar, a serving of Tiger Paws is 15 g.  Virtually identical.  

Carlin is just dumb.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, SMama said:

I need help from those of you who are more experienced with babies and toddlers. When we met SBaby she was 16 months old and had never had solid food. We didn’t know that, expected her to at least had been fed congee. We brought two one gallon bags of Cheerios. She didn’t seem interested and we did not force the issue. The couple who adopted the only other kid from the same orphanage had an equally obscene amount of those Gerber like puffs. Except they were very health conscious and the puffs were sugar free, dye free, probably taste free (JK). Their son would have none of it. 

We ended up trading snacks and both kids were happy. After three weeks of solid food eating we arrived home. SBaby decided she was done with the puffs. It was quite funny to us, back to cheerios she went, and those dreadful goldfish crackers. I can’t imagine her at almost three years old eating puffs. Do normal three year olds eat that stuff? Is it just convenient for the parents to buy puffs for both Zade and Layla? Their choices just baffle me. 

I thought that was Carlin and Whitney on the screenshot from the video above. 

If there were puff like cereal back in the day, I wasn't aware of it. My kids ate dry Cheerios for years. They ate them at home mostly and on the rare occasions I needed to pack a snack.

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If there were puff like cereal back in the day, I wasn't aware of it. My kids ate dry Cheerios for years. They ate them at home mostly and on the rare occasions I needed to pack a snack.

There was stuff like Quaker puffed rice, but few kids ate it.  It was old people cereal when I was a kid.

I ate a lot of sweetened cereal as a kid, but, back then, it was uncommon for parents to tote snack foods around to keep kids occupied.  The kids either stayed home with a sitter or learned to eat when it was meal time and no snacking in between, at least when we were out and about.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Regardless of what specific type of puff it was, did she really need ANOTHER processed snack. Like they were leaving MIL's house, surely MIL seems like the type who has an apple or orange in the house. Carlin or Evan really couldn't have taken 5 min to chop that up?

And I REALLY don't understand why that child snacks CONSTANTLY. She can't seem to leave the house without a snack in hand. I mean she had the puffs in hand on the way out of MIL's house - it wasn't even like this 3 hr drive is taking 5 hrs the Sunday after Thanksgiving, let's get her a snack to keep her entertained. I realize kids snack more now than in the 90s, but is it really non stop? Bc you never see Erin, Tori, Alyssa or Whit's kids with a snack in hand AT ALL TIMES, whereas this kid walked down the freaking aisle of someone's wedding [Katie? Law? Nathan? can't remember] with a freaking cookie in hand, when none of the other children in the wedding party needed a cookie.

I have a feeling "snacks" are how Carlin and Evan deal with any behavior, whining, boredom etc. - hand her a cake pop or cookie, she'll shut up. I also wonder if the snacking has something to do with the fact that she doesn't get full meals so she may be hungry and whiny OR Carlin/Evan are like we need to get her weight up per the dr, so abundant snacks. Yet it hasn't occurred to them that those weight gainer snacks aren't cake.

And bc we've discussed this a few times lately, watch Layla is about to get featured any day now with a breakfast for dinner like eggs + toast + fruit, and she'll be given a banana for breakfast ASAP.

How busy is this "shop" really as Carlin was going on yesterday about how they need to get back to "inventory more stuff" and get it on the website for Cyber Monday?? Uh who waits UNTIL Cyber Monday to get stuff on their website? Do they realize people have been shopping all weekend and no one waits for Monday to shop? 

Evan may want to clean up that website. Up top it says 10% off site wide for Cyber Monday. You scroll down and it says in 2 places that the 25% site wide from Black Friday is extended. But you put something in the cart and nope - it's only 10% off. And BTW they're crowing about 10% for cyber Monday?? Uh do they realize that purveyors of other cheap goods like Old Navy have 50% and nice quality brand name goods are like 40%?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, cereality said:

Regardless of what specific type of puff it was, did she really need ANOTHER processed snack. Like they were leaving MIL's house, surely MIL seems like the type who has an apple or orange in the house. Carlin or Evan really couldn't have taken 5 min to chop that up?

And I REALLY don't understand why that child snacks CONSTANTLY. She can't seem to leave the house without a snack in hand. I mean she had the puffs in hand on the way out of MIL's house - it wasn't even like this 3 hr drive is taking 5 hrs the Sunday after Thanksgiving, let's get her a snack to keep her entertained. I realize kids snack more now than in the 90s, but is it really non stop? Bc you never see Erin, Tori, Alyssa or Whit's kids with a snack in hand AT ALL TIMES, whereas this kid walked down the freaking aisle of someone's wedding [Katie? Law? Nathan? can't remember] with a freaking cookie in hand, when none of the other children in the wedding party needed a cookie.

I have a feeling "snacks" are how Carlin and Evan deal with any behavior, whining, boredom etc. - hand her a cake pop or cookie, she'll shut up. I also wonder if the snacking has something to do with the fact that she doesn't get full meals so she may be hungry and whiny OR Carlin/Evan are like we need to get her weight up per the dr, so abundant snacks. Yet it hasn't occurred to them that those weight gainer snacks aren't cake.

And bc we've discussed this a few times lately, watch Layla is about to get featured any day now with a breakfast for dinner like eggs + toast + fruit, and she'll be given a banana for breakfast ASAP.

How busy is this "shop" really as Carlin was going on yesterday about how they need to get back to "inventory more stuff" and get it on the website for Cyber Monday?? Uh who waits UNTIL Cyber Monday to get stuff on their website? Do they realize people have been shopping all weekend and no one waits for Monday to shop? 

Evan may want to clean up that website. Up top it says 10% off site wide for Cyber Monday. You scroll down and it says in 2 places that the 25% site wide from Black Friday is extended. But you put something in the cart and nope - it's only 10% off. And BTW they're crowing about 10% for cyber Monday?? Uh do they realize that purveyors of other cheap goods like Old Navy have 50% and nice quality brand name goods are like 40%?

10% for Cyber Monday is nothing, especially for flimsy, low-end merch like theirs.  Maybe Saks can mark stuff down 10% and call it a sale, but I doubt anyone buying the sisters' cheap Chinese dresses are going to get excited by anything less than 25% off.

If they want Layla to gain weight, then they need to feed her regular, balanced meals and healthy snacks.  I think they have gotten into the habit of feeding her anytime she might inconvenience them by whining or complaining.  One of my sisters did that to her kids.  Anytime they weren't happy, they got a cookie or some chips or other empty calories.  They were both medium sized children, now they're overweight adults and I think a big part of it is that they now associate eating with virtually all emotions they might feel.  A very tough habit to break.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4

Some his kids survive. I'm guessing at one point Layla will taste something somewhere that is real and ask for it. Maybe that will lead to more tasting. Granddaughter is middle child. Breast fed a year. She had no desire for any real food daughter in law or I or other grandma offered. Cute plate, story etc. nope. She went for the sugar. Daughter in law made her beautiful plates with tiny portions of many healthy foods. She sat there chatting and not touching any of it. They tried just letting her get hungry enough and different healthy choices. Pediatrician and nurse practitioner consulted. Grandma and Nana suggested. Child refused. So finally gave in and let her choose. It was mainly a sugar junk diet. We all bemoaned. Her older and younger brothers no issues. Fast forward. She is 19. In college. She made a turnaround in high school.  Beautiful healthy girl who eats well now and exercises. She is smart and competent with no health issues from her very poor diet for years. Good teeth and long thick luxurious hair.  So maybe there is hope for Layla too.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Some his kids survive. I'm guessing at one point Layla will taste something somewhere that is real and ask for it. Maybe that will lead to more tasting. Granddaughter is middle child. Breast fed a year. She had no desire for any real food daughter in law or I or other grandma offered. Cute plate, story etc. nope. She went for the sugar. Daughter in law made her beautiful plates with tiny portions of many healthy foods. She sat there chatting and not touching any of it. They tried just letting her get hungry enough and different healthy choices. Pediatrician and nurse practitioner consulted. Grandma and Nana suggested. Child refused. So finally gave in and let her choose. It was mainly a sugar junk diet. We all bemoaned. Her older and younger brothers no issues. Fast forward. She is 19. In college. She made a turnaround in high school.  Beautiful healthy girl who eats well now and exercises. She is smart and competent with no health issues from her very poor diet for years. Good teeth and long thick luxurious hair.  So maybe there is hope for Layla too.  

I'm sure your granddaughter was exposed to healthy choices and saw her parents prepare and eat balanced meals.  I expect that she also wasn't immediately fed a sugary snack the minute they got in the car or whenever mom and dad got their Starbucks fix.  Layla seems to rarely have the opportunity to taste a healthy food and it seems like she is given junk food because 1.  it's convenient for her parents and 2. because it stops her from whining when she is tired or hungry or unhappy.  I don't think Layla is choosing sugary foods instead of healthier options, I think sugary foods are just about all she knows; so, of course, she prefers them.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I'm sure your granddaughter was exposed to healthy choices and saw her parents prepare and eat balanced meals.  I expect that she also wasn't immediately fed a sugary snack the minute they got in the car or whenever mom and dad got their Starbucks fix.  Layla seems to rarely have the opportunity to taste a healthy food and it seems like she is given junk food because 1.  it's convenient for her parents and 2. because it stops her from whining when she is tired or hungry or unhappy.  I don't think Layla is choosing sugary foods instead of healthier options, I think sugary foods are just about all she knows; so, of course, she prefers them.

Some 

Well they did eat real food and they also did give her sugary snacks in the car.  Offering her an apple or carrot sticks didn't work. She rejected. Food issues are complicated. All I meant to convey is that chances are Layla will grow up healthy and maybe taste real food somewhere and like it, ask for it, learn to make it 

• Like 2

BSB is only doing a pathetic 10% for Cyber Monday?! They must have some die-hard fans keeping that place afloat, because a normal shopper would laugh and immediately look elsewhere. 

As cereality noted, Cyber Monday started last Friday. I've been getting 30-40% off plus free shipping on haircare, skincare and clothing all weekend. Carlin and Co. should've had their website and stock ready to go long before the actual day of the sale. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

BSB is only doing a pathetic 10% for Cyber Monday?! They must have some die-hard fans keeping that place afloat, because a normal shopper would laugh and immediately look elsewhere. 

As cereality noted, Cyber Monday started last Friday. I've been getting 30-40% off plus free shipping on haircare, skincare and clothing all weekend. Carlin and Co. should've had their website and stock ready to go long before the actual day of the sale. 

I agree, but that would involve planning ahead, something Carlin, Evan, Whitney, and Zach are incapable of doing. Look how the two headships are hard at work, planning to provide for their growing families, making sure there’s a retirement fund, enough to get their kids through college, and providing for their medical needs. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I get what @lookeyloo is saying - somewhere along the way [likely at Nene's house] Layla will get a taste for real food and start to ask for it. Yet that only works if Evan/Carlin get a bit less lazy and more kid centric, and as they're going now I don't see that happening. I can imagine a 4-5 yr old Layla saying, I like pot roast and carrots the best, can we have that. Do you think E/C say yep we'll buy a roast at the store and have it for dinner this week? Or do you see them saying - oh that sounds great, we'll be at Nene's house in 2 wks, she'll make it for you. And in the mean time getting the kid an Arby's steak sandwich or something?

While I'm not a fan of Josie/Kelton either, they do seem to put their kids first and they cook so if Willow were to ask for a specific meal, I don't think the answer would be - x relative will make it for you when we visit in 10 days, rather Kelton would start looking up a recipe on YouTube.

They say L has fallen off her growth curve - to me that means height + weight. Yeah she's definitely short esp when you look at her next to Whit's kid who is her same age - she is like a whole head shorter - but she is just smaller + younger looking too.

• Like 6

I watched their last YouTube video and was shocked to watch C&E making an apple pie from scratch, something I’ve not ever attempted.
We are a cheesecake family. It was their contribution to the Thanksgiving meal. They even went for the fancy (to me, a so so baker) lattice pie top. it goes back to what @cereality and others have noted. It’s painfully obvious they are not kid centric. They should have used birth control, get the fly by the seat of their pants out of their systems, and have kids in their 30’s. 

Bottom line is that there was fruit available to them. They can bake a pie from scratch but won’t bother to cut an apple for their child. That’s just sinful, to neglect kids and only use them as props. I have a soft spot for those two cuties, they deserve so much better. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Food is only one part of physical and mental growth - love, attention and stimulation matter just as much.

I don't remember the exact details but their was a study giving baby monkeys a choice of a cold metal pretend monkey with food, or a comfy, furry pretend monkey with no food. The baby monkeys ate the food quickly and spent the most time with the comfy monkey. Other studies have been done on kids in orphanages. Even the orphanages where kids received proper nutrition they still failed to thrive if the orphanages were understaffed. Monkeys and humans are hardwired for love, comfort, safety and stimulation for proper growth and development.

IMO, Layla doesn't get proper sleep, has a poor diet and doesn't get the appropriate child level attention and stimulation. Lacking a bit in one area is not too big of a deal. Lacking in all three is a HUGE deal.

And as @Notabug said, using food as a kid management tool sets kids up to have food issues as adults.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don’t think those white things in the bag are cereal. I think they are buttery puffs kind of like cheese puffs!

I looked and Starbucks has a lot of healthy choices for children and adults. 

They prefer the unhealthy in all things.  Our first clue is they don’t even have a table and chairs!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t think those white things in the bag are cereal. I think they are buttery puffs kind of like cheese puffs!

I looked and Starbucks has a lot of healthy choices for children and adults. 

They prefer the unhealthy in all things.  Our first clue is they don’t even have a table and chairs!!!

Well, they're looking for a din(n)ing room set. Something in the $2k range. 🙄

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 3

Where is Kelly Jo in this operation? Wasn't she reported to have taken one of the daughters' places as a partner in this business? I have yet to see her put in a minute's work at the "boutique". She, although, was available to take that clothes buying trip with them and "party" along. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Where is Kelly Jo in this operation? Wasn't she reported to have taken one of the daughters' places as a partner in this business? I have yet to see her put in a minute's work at the "boutique". She, although, was available to take that clothes buying trip with them and "party" along. 

I think she clarified that she "just likes to help out and tag along" on occasion. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I didn't have a table and chairs until this month (thanks, Facebook Marketplace). It doesn't mean I "prefer the unhealthy" -- it just means I couldn't afford a table and chairs. 

I find it hard to believe there are that many leghumpers with credit cards and online access who are willing to buy cheap fabric that purports to be dresses. I wouldn't put it past the Bateseseses to pile up empty shipping packages and call them "sales." 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

All I can think of when seeing this is, suckers.  Who are the people buying that crap?  They could have gone to Old Navy on Black Friday and bought a lot more.  

And when I see it I think how disrespectful to see purchases thrown on the floor!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

There has been a lot in some newsy places that "throw away" clothes are popular right now. Very cheap and only expected to last until needing washing. Then pitched and more bought. Old ones end up in landfill. I am speculating this is what they are selling. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

And when I see it I think how disrespectful to see purchases thrown on the floor!

You should see how retail or Amazon works. You'd never buy anything again, including food. 

I wouldn't take as gospel (hehe) anything BSB says about their business. Or anything else. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

There has been a lot in some newsy places that "throw away" clothes are popular right now. Very cheap and only expected to last until needing washing. Then pitched and more bought. Old ones end up in landfill. I am speculating this is what they are selling. 

I went over and was looking at their line.  Prices seem to have gone way up!

I don't follow BSB but they just seemed a lot higher than I remembered!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

You should see how retail or Amazon works. You'd never buy anything again, including food. 

I wouldn't take as gospel (hehe) anything BSB says about their business. Or anything else. 

I knew someone who got a summer job at a warehouse from which a major manufacturer shipped to stores.  Her advice, 'Do not EVER wear anything without washing it first.  You have no idea where it's been; even the really expensive stuff has been places you wouldn't want to go.'

Are they offering free shipping? That could be a reason

Nope, and it looks like shipping for a single piece starts around $10.  Even their stuff marked 'clearance' hasn't been marked down much from the original price; the biggest discounts are about a third off the original price, most are much less than that.

Regular retail establishments usually set their prices around twice the wholesale cost.  Unless the markdown is 50% or more, the retailer is still making a profit.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I went over and was looking at their line.  Prices seem to have gone way up!

I don't follow BSB but they just seemed a lot higher than I remembered!

Yeah, I checked out their site for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at the prices for their junk. Most of it in the $40-$50 range. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1

Recent video in Carlin’s Instagram stories:

Carlin had an “episode “ a couple of days ago. She is very tired. They purchased chairs for their dining area table that they supposedly haven’t purchased yet. She wants opinions, square or oval? She then proceeded to roll out clay to do Zade’s footprint for an ornament. She gave a tour of new purchases downstairs. After all of that, and in the same video, they are now on their way to a walk-in clinic because Zade isn’t feeling well. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I was just about to say that. Why are they always using Quick Care places for that kid? 

Because they are silly, immature kids who don’t plan or think ahead? Zade was probably sick all day, but they were too busy filming or whatever they do all day to notice. They realize Zade will keep them up all night and only Urgent Care is open. Or something like that. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Zade was probably sick all day, but they were too busy filming or whatever they do all day to notice.

They ran errands during the day. They returned a carpet, picked up meds for Carlin, got a pup cup for Izzy, picked up diapers because they were almost out of them, and whatever else was important at the time.

I want to know how much they spend a month just on gas.

• Like 8

Ornaments?? She just HAD to film a tutorial on how to make hand and footprint ornaments using the play dough/clay from Amazon because her followers just NEEDED her to show them PRIOR to taking the kid to urgent care at 745 pm bc he doesn't feel well. Surely you could have canceled the ornament making or the pup cup or returning the carpet or any number of other "important" tasks to go earlier?

Maybe it's just me but I cringed the whole time she had that chemical play dough on a cutting board and rolling pin. I'm sorry but this is cheap crap Amazon sells for $10, you have no idea what chemicals are in it, IDK that I'd put it on my food prep items. I know she sees people doing that with salt dough ornaments but they're made of actual FOOD. She did make a comment about washing the cutting board at least though IDK I don't see them scrubbing the board, rolling pin, mug and whatever else they used.

Does anyone else assume they've dropped that pediatrician? IDK why but my sense is they just don't like some of the feedback they've gotten re Layla - cardiac; falling off the growth curve; blood work and that's just what they've shared. Maybe the dr did have something to say when Layla was chowing down on chicken nuggets on the exam table. Maybe discussions were had re healthy eating, 3 meals/day, bed times and whatever else and maybe Carlin/Evan feel judged AND are taking the - oh a dr is a dr, we just need someone to give the kid a script type of view. I mean urgent care by definition is for urgent things, those drs/NPs/PAs don't deal with longer term health concerns like growth.

They do make comments on how fat and short Zade is which sound a bit self conscious at times, so maybe they don't even want to open the door to a dr saying you know he's at 99% on the growth chart, we'll keep an eye on this. Plus given how things are right now, drs are BOOKED. Meaning C&E call over there, they are likely to give you whatever appt they have bc pediatricians tend to hold open same day appts, but if that appt inconveniently falls at your wake up time or Sbux time or whatever and you miss it - those offices are not going to be nearly as nice as accommodating as you stroll in with your coffee at hr late, given the huge crush of patients right now.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They ran errands during the day. They returned a carpet, picked up meds for Carlin, got a pup cup for Izzy, picked up diapers because they were almost out of them, and whatever else was important at the time.

I want to know how much they spend a month just on gas.

I'm sure they dragged the sick baby along with them for all of that, too, because, as we all know, there's nothing more fun than being dragged hither and yon when you're sick.  God forbid Carlin should stay home with her sick child while her husband runs errands; that's no fun!  (I am only singling out Carlin because she claims she is not supposed to drive).  Not to mention exposing dozens of strangers to whatever illness Zade has.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go to the Urgent Care rather than contact their own pediatrician because 1.  They don't believe in preventive care, vaccinations, car seats and other stuff that pediatricians tend to like and don't want to be asked about scheduling a regular checkup and immunizations and 2.  Photos snapped in the Urgent Care look more interesting than pics at the Peds office.

• Like 9

Just to play devil's advocate, it could be that the pediatrician was already double booked, and they had no choice than to take Zade to urgent care. 

Probably not though. They probably noticed him getting sicker as the day went on and took him in when it was convenient for them. 🙄

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just to play devil's advocate, it could be that the pediatrician was already double booked, and they had no choice than to take Zade to urgent care. 

Probably not though. They probably noticed him getting sicker as the day went on and took him in when it was convenient for them. 🙄

These days anything is possible, given the crush of demand for drs. bc of flu + covid + RSV. But from friends who have kids, it does sound like pediatricians are WAY more accommodating than adult drs; like holding hours of each day open for same day sick visits/even declining to schedule well visits in Dec/Jan to have more availability, offices opening hours earlier or on Saturday. Seems like they are less inclined to say - uh we'll see you in Feb, sorry, good luck. And I think that's especially true with the baby crowd.

But then parents who are on top of this stuff are also calling the office the minute the same day scheduling line opens even if that means setting an alarm at 7 am to do it; or if there's a walk in hour, they are parked in that parking lot 20 min before the dr even arrives.

That's a level of commitment C&E don't appear to have. I mean before proceeding with the day, we need to get hair and make up done and go get Sbux, damn is it 11 am already by the time we called for a same day appt and now they're full shucks that's ridiculous.

Carlin showed her FIL watching their IG and YT videos. I really do wonder what they think of their son and DIL's life. I just think Evan was raised in a much less lazy, much more put together home - and now he's turned into Evan Bates - aw a dr is a dr, drs. don't know everything, how does my hair look, was I funny in that last IG, where's my Sbux?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Yes, how many times did I "set my alarm" in the morning to be the first call to my boys' pediatrician for a same day appt? That is what responsible parents do. I, also, would have known that my child was coming down with something because I paid attention to them and notices changes. Carlin and Evan are too busy with their brand. Put that silly camera/phone down and pay attention to your childrens' needs FIRST. These two make me frustrated.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

No pandemic around when my kids were young, so there's that...

As some of you know one of my kids has had a host of medical issues, most of which were unrelated to the other. We spent a fair amount of time at the Ped's office. Never once were we turned away.  Of course my kids did all their recommended appointments including yearly physicals. Oh and I'm an attentive parent who is not dumb.

From my calculations as a Bates snarker, little Zade has had at least three or four respiratory issues in 7 months. Two of which required a nebulizer. If they're dropping into the most convenient urgent care, no doctor is likely getting a full picture. It may be just shitty luck for Zade because his parents drag his tired self everywhere, or possibly, the problem is with Zade. This is another reason new little humans need a Ped's office, with a chart, with an accurate history.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hate how Evan clickbaits his videos. FF to the end. Zade got pink eye. No mention of any other illness.

I went right to the end, what was it, something like the last 2 minutes?

The child had a “puffy face”, “ goop” in his eyes, and “looked tired”. Carlin googled. Then in the evening they went to the walk-in clinic where they waited in the car a while to be called in. They got an ointment, so it was bacterial, not viral.

I figured they’d save the results of the visit for YouTube. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5