Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: I'll Never Give Up Hope

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

After discovering that there may be a way out of Malivore, Hope becomes more determined than ever to find her way back to Mystic Falls. Alaric, who is still reeling after being voted out as headmaster by the honor council, continues looking into the mysterious night Malivore was destroyed. Elsewhere, as the students leave for summer vacation, Lando stays behind to keep an eye on Rafael while MG heads to Atlanta to spend time with Kaleb's family. Finally, while Lizzie spends the summer in Europe with Caroline, Josie searches for answers about the mysterious ascendant that Alaric was keeping from them.

Promo:

Original air date: 10/10/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Still love Lizzie... Her saying the language barrier would be a plus is vintage her... Um Hope.. I know ur in your feelings but I can name one person who isn't happier now than before... The poor boy who's stuck as a wolf after GE let you mess around in his brain so you could find ya boyfriend.. So I'm really hoping next week we have her remember what she's done and goes  to look for him... Who I'm still thinking may remember her

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Still love Lizzie... Her saying the language barrier would be a plus is vintage her... Um Hope.. I know ur in your feelings but I can name one person who isn't happier now than before... The poor boy who's stuck as a wolf after GE let you mess around in his brain so you could find ya boyfriend.. So I'm really hoping next week we have her remember what she's done and goes  to look for him... Who I'm still thinking may remember her

Yes Hope needs to go look for Rapheal and I believe he's the only one that will remember her. I hope MG doesn't get his heart smashed by Lizzie, but I got a feeling he will.

• Love 2

Kaleb has slowly crept his way into being my favorite character. I could not be happier for him that he won the cookoff. 

Landon remains 100 times better away from Hope.  Also, hologram Logan was still good too... you know, before he made (or rather her subconscious made) Hope's return about their relationship. it's the thing on the show I'm least interested in. 

And Josie is more fun having fun and Happy-ish.  Not that I necessarily want Landon with Josie, but it sucks that Hope returning is likely will ruin that for both of them.

Conversely, Clark was more fun with Hope... or at least TruthClark. His facial expressions hearing truths come out of his mouth were fun. Okay, well... with Hope, but not all about Hope. 

Question, if Hope's code still worked on the gate, how come Ric had to be buzzed in? 

Speaking of Ric... How is he back at a public high school with his track record, let alone principal? 

• Love 2

Awww I liked the Hope and Clark duo. I don’t want him to be a bad guy. I’m still a Landon and Hope fan but I liked his scenes with Josie. It was nice seeing them happy and enjoying each other.

Poor forgotten Raphael. Hope better fix him since this was all her fault.

I Hope MG doesn’t get his heart crushed again by Lizzie and go crazy on everyone like he did last season. Maybe Kaleb’s sister will come back somehow and save him from that sucky storyline.

Poor Landon. Lots of people dream of becoming immortal, but Landon sees it as being alone forever.

Ha, and poor Raf, stuck eating Landon's cooking. He could really use some lessons from Kaleb. But shouldn't Raf in werewolf form enjoy eating raw meat? Why does Landon have to grill it for him?

When Kaleb told MG that he is his family now, I thought oh crap, how long before Kaleb gets killed?

I'm glad that Alaric finally told Josie the truth about the ascendant and Kai, the prison world, Jo, etc. I know that he and Caroline have been trying to protect Josie and Lizzie by keeping the full truth from them, but now that they know about the merge then they should just lay all the cards on the table.

Ha, I loved that Hope finally thought to use a truth spell on Clark.

I remember not loving Landon last season, but I felt for him when he realized that Raf was choosing not to come back. It's never easy to lose your best friend no matter what the circumstances.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But shouldn't Raf in werewolf form enjoy eating raw meat? Why does Landon have to grill it for him?

I imagine that Landon is trying to keep Raf as human as possible, which means grilling the meat so that he won't turn full werewolf.

So...I didn't actively hate the Landon/Josie romance stuff. They set it up fairly nice. I do like Landon/Hope (and Aria plays an EXCELLENT hologram/subconscious Landon; he has extremely vivid facial expressions and exuberates more energy than regular Landon, which I love) but Landon/Josie as a temporary couple works for me. I think it must be nice that the two could have a fairly normal summer, where they're just happyish.

Kaleb is fantastic. I love him taking MG under his wing and bringing him into his family. Now, MG can't date his sister, but that's a small price to pay! Now, I'm still not interested in MG/Lizzie so hopefully, they stop trying to make that happen.

A nice reveal of Lizzie telling Josie that she's been trying to get better and seeing tons of doctors. I do love the sisterly bond between the two. And they find out the entire truth, along with their psychotic Uncle Kai. I wonder if the show is trying to get Chris Wood back at some point for the Merge story arc. I hope they don't recast him, because Chris Wood played an excellent Kai and although I know that they seem to really want to bring Kai back for the story (and it'll work best with Kai showing up), the issue is getting Chris Wood to come back for an episode or two. I hope they succeed, I really do. I can't see Kai being played by anyone other than Chris Wood.

Clarke and Hope's scenes were hilarious. Now, if only she had enacted the Truth Spell from the beginning, she could have gotten home sooner. I pretty much called the light being her way out from the getgo, but the reveal still worked.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wonder if the show is trying to get Chris Wood back at some point for the Merge story arc. I hope they don't recast him, because Chris Wood played an excellent Kai and although I know that they seem to really want to bring Kai back for the story (and it'll work best with Kai showing up), the issue is getting Chris Wood to come back for an episode or two. I hope they succeed, I really do. I can't see Kai being played by anyone other than Chris Wood.

I agree - he was perfect as Kai. He was able to play the entire range from fascinated by iphones and confounded by new jeans to snarky with everyone, calmly murderous, and  completely off the deep end. If they can't get him back then I'd rather they just keep Kai off screen. For all my complaints about Plec et al, they've been pretty good about not recasting TVD-verse characters if they can't get the original actor back, so fingers crossed that they do the same here.

I really hope Kai is kept in reserve for at least another season. There's still like 5 years until the merge.

The Josie and Landon thing makes sense in a world without Hope. It also opens up the potential for Hope and Raf to get together. Of course, this is similar to the kind of stuff they did on The OC when they ran out of ideas.

• Love 3

Oh Landon, drowning yourself and resurrecting in a ball of lame is never the answer. I like Landon and Hope just fine, but Josie and Landon are cute and their personalities seem to match really well and I liked that they got to have a nice normal summer before the supernatural shit hits the fan when school starts. 

Nice seeing everyone hanging out over summer before we get back to school, I especially loved seeing MG and Kaleb hanging out, Kaleb has really become one of my favorite characters on the show, he is just such a fun character and he had a lot of great character development last season. So MG shouldn't go for Kalebs sister, maybe he can meet up with the Medusa girl? She can start going to school with everyone else! Join Hope and Landon in the "Other" category! 

You know one person who will be happy to see Hope? Rapheal, who is currently stuck as a wolf, and would probably like being a human again sometime soon! Landon hanging out with his wolf self was sweet and rather sad, considering he seems to be becoming more wold than human, hopefully that can be sorted soon. Pun intended. 

Hope and Clark are a surprisingly fun duo, go figure. "It sounds like the gargoyle my friends and I killed. My teenage friends. While the big bad guy is scared." 

Glad that Josie and Lizzie finally know whats really going on!

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh Landon, drowning yourself and resurrecting in a ball of lame is never the answer. I like Landon and Hope just fine, but Josie and Landon are cute and their personalities seem to match really well and I liked that they got to have a nice normal summer before the supernatural shit hits the fan when school starts. 

I agree - Landon and Hope are not horrible together but there's so much angst and drama. In contrast, I liked that Landon and Josie were just having fun and being happy. That's what relationships should be like, especially when you're a teenager.

• Love 2

That was a very good premiere, the characters/actors seem more adjusted than in the first season. The show has the spirit of TVD whilst also being its own thing. I want to watch the next episode ASAP.  I loved the brotherhood scenes between Landon/Wolf Raph, MG and Kaleb. Hope scenes were also good. I was surprised to like Josie/Landon dynamic but can this show stop with the ship experiments and pick a lane already. Thats one weakness that is boggling down an otherwise good show. 

Im tired of hearing about the Twin merge also, it annoys me as a storyline. Why focus on it now when it doesn't happen until 22 years old. These characters are 17. Either get on and be done with it, or reserve it for seasons later. 

I really hope Kai is kept in reserve for at least another season. There's still like 5 years until the merge.

They can always move it up, and craft some explanation why its happening early. Otherwise how long are they going to continue talking about the merge without actually delivering the storyline. 

Edited by CabotCove
  • Love 2

I tried you guys, I really did. I watched 8 seasons of TVD and 5 seasons of The Originals and loved about 85% of it all, but Legacies is... just...so boring! I can't get into anyone or any storyline. I'm sorry but the twins are the worst. Lizzie is not an interesting "broken bitch" and Josie is a snooze fest. My goodwill toward Hope is just carryover from The Originals but it's waning. Maybe I'm just finally too old for this stuff.

• LOL 1

RESPONSES TO THE THREAD:

* I remember it was established in Legacies S1 that Klaus Mikaelson essentially funded almost the entire Salvatore School. People not remembering Hope Mikaelson doesn’t mean that that funding never happened. So, that’s why she’d still have the gate code for the school.

* Alaric Saltzman’s muscle memory and knowing about the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall also makes sense. The spell makes people simply not remember Hope Mikaelson—it didn’t make Hope never exist.

* Lizzie is not a love interest for MG. She’s not interested in him.

* I don’t feel bad for Landon regarding his “girl troubles”. He somehow managed to get the wealthiest and most popular—and one of the most physically attractive—girls in school to be his girlfriend. And now he has Josie Saltzman—who’s also popular and pretty.

* I like the Joss Whedon school of thought—angst and drama make for interesting and compelling television couples. Happy couples make for boring television.

Legacies had to come up with the ‘Landon is popular’ thing to make Landon/Josie make much of any sense. Landon wasn’t even popular when he was dating the most popular, richest, and most powerful person in the school aka Hope Mikaelson.

* I didn’t watch The Vampire Diaries after TVD S3 because it stopped making much of any sense to serve the Delena fans. And then the whole doppelganger thing was a huge insult to Elena/Stefan. And they treated the best character in TVD—Katerina Petrova aka Katherine Pierce badly.

Legacies so far is interesting. The Originals remained good for its entire run.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, beeemkcl said:

Landon wasn’t even popular when he was dating the most popular, richest, and most powerful person in the school aka Hope Mikaelson.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Hope wasn't popular. No one knew she was Hope Mikaelson for most of her time in school,  because being the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson isn't something that would have endeared her to people. Same as her being a tribid. There was an entire plot in TO about how that made her an isolated freak. In Legacies, she literally has no friends. Her entire social circle is the headmaster. Landon dating Hope probably killed his social options.

4 hours ago, ursula said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Hope wasn't popular. No one knew she was Hope Mikaelson for most of her time in school,  because being the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson isn't something that would have endeared her to people. Same as her being a tribid. There was an entire plot in TO about how that made her an isolated freak. In Legacies, she literally has no friends. Her entire social circle is the headmaster. Landon dating Hope probably killed his social options.

I still have trouble figuring out how many students are at the Salvatore School. They seem to be broken up into vampire, witch and werewolf groups and they have their own social orders.

If I remember correctly, some time after the Hollow was defeated on the Originals, Hope was sent to the school because she couldn't be around most of her family. She's been there for a number of years. Then there was the whole thing with making a hybrid. I think Hope got a higher profile after the Malivore monsters started showing up and she had a reason to use her skills.