Type keyword(s) to search

SunnyBeBe

72.9k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

9.5k profile views
  1. I was surprised to see rerun episodes in early morning hours today. I didn’t realize any shows were being aired since Garrison’s death.
  2. Thank you for the kind words.I hope to make a fresh start. I feel better than I have in years, though I’m still dealing with some health issues. And, I think I also mentioned upthread that I recently began dating a man I dated many years ago that I hadn’t seen in over 20 years! So far, it’s really great! I’m busy counting my blessings this spring. 🙏
  3. Hey everybody. I just wanted to post my recent experience. I went on a fitness/weight loss journey last year and was ready to start dating. I go to a gym, but though friendly, no one there has asked me out. I had a couple of longtime platonic male friends/colleagues ask me out, but I’m sort of wary of that due to our social cliches and how we run in same professional circles. So, I had just about decided what I had to do. One day I was standing in my kitchen, staring out the window, thinking….no man is just going to pick up his phone, call me and ask me out….get a profile and date online like everyone else. THEN, the next day, an old boyfriend that I had not seen in 22 years, called me out of nowhere and asked me out! Really! We’ve been dating now for about 2 months. No labels, no expectations….which is what I want for now, but it’s good! Fun, affectionate , exciting and comfortable. Oh, about 2 weeks ago, an old male friend that got divorced last year, called and asked me out! I said yes, but we haven’t scheduled it. He lives about 2 hrs away. I hadn’t seen him in several years. I still might pursue online options. I want to really enjoy my summer. There are all kinds of possibilities! Stay positive. I never would have guessed it was possible.
  4. I would say I stayed in fairly good shape when I worked out and watched diet. My late 40’s brought some muscle issues. I got 2 frozen shoulders, constant muscle spasm in my back, sore, weak leg muscles and other issues. I was under doctor’s care and in PT for a good while. Once, I joined a doctor supervised weight loss program, but wasn’t motivated. Eventually, I got motivated and tired of not living the life I wanted. I started out walking on a treadmill and using an elliptical machine. Then, added the stairstepper. Now up to 16 floors of stairs on it. I do a little walking on outdoor track too. I have a torn meniscus in right knee. Have to watch it. Plan to start pickleball soon. Hope my knee is up for it. I also do strength training on equipment. I joined the gym and they are very helpful. I love it! It’s very friendly. Great social scene! I feel so much better.
  5. Thanks to all for your input! It helps me feel more comfortable being a little more progressive. Lol. Jeeves, I won’t have a backup if this suit doesn’t work. That site is for tailored garments. You send the measurements and they make it. It’s pricy…..but, worth it for a perfect fit. My niece is a hair stylist and she’s doing it and my makeup. Oh, forgot to say that it’s for my business, law firm. I’ve never had one, and since I’ve lost weight and toned my light blonde hair down a little to a medium to dark blonde, feel ready to make my debut! Lol I’m not sure I want to wait on a suit to be made, so I may find a ready made one about the same color.
  6. I was prescribed Wegovy, but my insurance denied it. So, I just continued on my own. I’m ok with that. Hopefully, I’ll maintain ok. My entire relationship with food has changed. As have my food preferences. I wonder if Whit is hoping to get pregnant, since weight loss. That would really give the show a boost.
  7. I hope the birthday celebration was truly delightful! Hope things are going well. 💐 May I get some input on your view of a professional image? I’m picking an outfit to wear for my photo that will go on my website. I would like for it to be professional, yet modern. I would have normally gone with navy or dark gray, but saw a lavender option. Idk. Maybe, it doesn’t matter. https://www.sumissura.com/en-us/women/suits/121156-purple-skirt-suit
  8. I used to have a policy that my lover had to weigh more than I did…even if just a pound. Lol so crazy….not sure where I got that idea.
  9. That’s a lot to deal with. Some bodies just hang on to weight. I have no explanation for how I was able to get down my pounds. I still have about 20 more to go. Then skin surgery. Ugh…..where to start? I have focused on nutrition a lot and some days I didn’t get many calories. I focus on getting at least 1200. My nutritionist at Duke says they can’t condone less than that. Plus, my workouts….still, some weeks I don’t lose. I have hypothyroidism that is managed with medication. It doesn’t bother me at all and my levels have stayed good for many years. Have you considered getting av second opinion? Or seeing an endocrinologist? Also, I do intermittent fasting which helps break some plateaus. Hang in there!
  10. It’ll be nice for them to stop the ditzy behavior from Leah. Since they put her as a mom, the writing for her is not good, imo. I’ve never liked her character very much, but the new behavior….ugh. I wish they’d let Glassman be healthy.
  11. Whit was prediabetic at one point. Has she mentioned that in the media lately? The weight loss should help her blood sugar numbers, if she’s type 2. I get what you say about stubborn pounds. I got good results after consulting with the nutritionist in my endocrinologist’s office. We examined my food plan (I developed myself) and she made suggestions to maximize my goals. I must maintain muscle. I’ve learned that is as important as losing fat. She encouraged me to increase my calories, because I was too low. My fat is stubborn. Plus, I’m type I diabetic and on insulin pump. Insulin can cause weight gain, so I watch my carbs. Still, it’s been a good experience. I’m goingto write a book about it. Lol. Of course, I suspect a lot of people lose weight now, since they may take injectables.
  12. Oprah’s special was pretty good. It only covered a little though. There’s so much more. I think I’ve posted before that I suspect many people think that I used injectables for weight loss. But, I didn’t. I have a tight diet full of nutrition and a daily workout schedule. I suppose I shouldn’t care what people think. For me, I just got inspired to live my best life. If wasn’t all that difficult. I lost most of my 75 pounds since last July. A few more to go. I do look forward to seeing how Whit portrays daily life if she’s losing weight.
  13. I’m not sure why they focused so much on the food they were preparing when the fight broke out. It seems to me that Liz enjoys the fights as much as Ed. They choose to do it over and over. I’m so bored with it. Ugh….
  14. I get tired of these couples who detest everything about each other to fight to stay together. Is their goal to live tortured? They seem to hate the core person. So what’s left? Lol