Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Lol EBR jumped to a 75% lead. I think it will settle in a few hours. And these type of polls is all about the fans voting as much possible. Unpredictable for me.

Yeah, the Amy Acker/Caitriona Balfe match has flipped as well. And CP's lead has dropped. So we'll see how it settles out.

I haven't noticed EBR fans pushing this poll as much. I think that may change with this round.

I'm surprised that CP has had this much success in the poll and at the same time I'm not. She seems really cool. To me Iris West is shoddy writing, not casting. I know a lot of Olicity fans are voting for her too, but I wonder if that may change with Lindsey since she is a good friend of Emily. But that may have no impact so who knows.

• Love 2

My biggest issue is the site is only letting me vote for one person before the never ending swirling " I'm not a robot" thing engages. I've had to reload the page three times so far.

• Love 3

CP is lovely. I really like her. And I see potential in Iris, even if I only half heartedly watch Flash.

As for this round on the poll, I think this might be where EBR drops out but not without a fight I suppose!

I wonder if they'd pit EBR against CP right away in the next round.  I know where my ultimate loyalty falls but EBR is a contender.  Maybe they would be more strategic and put her against someone with a similarly strong voting record.  This is my long way of pondering how they decide who goes up against whom. 

I hope it's not CP vs EBR in the next round. Really. 

If I were to choose I'd want EBR to go up against one of the 100 girls because POI/Outlander is hard to beat. I mean I know Olicity fans have beat them before, but tdk I don't think the fandom is very into this poll. Maybe they're just tired of all the captchas and the polls :p 

Plus I'm sort of curious how CP will hold up against strong fandoms like POI/Outlander... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I want EBR in the final and the best shot at that is against one of the girls from the 100. I think her and CP would be too close to call and I'm pretty convinced Outlander/POI will take the whole thing.

Oliver & Diggle are #1...

Friendship Goals: 6 Best Bromances on TV Today
Posted on August 29, 2015, 12:58 pm By Lizzie
http://telltaletv.com/2015/08/friendship-goals-6-best-bromances-on-tv-today/

1. Oliver and Diggle, Arrow.
tumblr_inline_ndco8hGmO01sxrcbn.gif
When we first met Oliver Queen, he was a big ball of rage. There’s no denying it, Season One Oliver Queen was a hard man to love, and if we feel in love with him – if we decided he deserved a chance, it was 100% because of John Diggle. David Ramsey was not only the soul of the first season of Arrow; he was also our insight into a main character that was often grumpy, clearly misguided, and just flat out wrong.

Later on, their friendship developed into something more. Diggle is the man Oliver hopes to become, and Oliver is the little brother Diggle wishes he still had. In a way, their meeting was as much fate as Oliver meeting Felicity. We all need people. Not just one person. It takes a village to become the person you want to be. And, for Oliver, the mayor of that village has always been John Diggle.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SA got an Honorable Mention...

TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
By Team TVLine / August 29 2015, 6:42 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2015/08/29/frank-dillane-fear-the-walking-dead-performance-pilot/

HONORABLE MENTION | Usually in pro wrestling, when a celebrity joins in on the tag team action, he gets in a few token licks. But Stephen Amell, who as TV’s Arrow has chiseled his body into one that rivals many a WWE superstar, wasn’t about to just be a pretty face. Rather, partnered with Neville against heels Stardust and King Barrett, Amell literally threw himself into his second gig, giving as good as he got — and make no mistake, he got plenty at the hand (or boot) of Stardust. Cementing his commitment to the clash, Amell sprang himself from the top turnbuckle, soared through the air like, well, an arrow, to hit his targets outside the ring. Rest assured, Stephen, you did not fail your WWE audience.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I really hope CP and EBR don't face each other. I love them both soo much. Wait..on second thought I want them both to go to the finals even if it hurts me to choose!

Same. If they do end up facing each other i'm going to take turns voting for them lol. I simply can't choose between them. I love them both equally. One my girls winning this. As for CP, I'm not surprised she made it this far. She has a huge, dedicated, and supportive fandom just like EBR.

Edited by SmoakingLove
  • Love 2

Any poll about sibling relationships on TV that does not include the Winchesters gets a serious side eye from me. I vote for Ollie and Thea first since no Winchesters. Otherwise Ollie and Thea second if no Winchesters.

Edited by catrox14

Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak made it on the list of 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected

http://www.ew.com/gallery/tv-characters-whose-roles-expanded/2290463_felicity-smoak-emily-bett-rickards-arrow?hootPostID=e7f0ff97d23541217e219b565b231f20

That's a really fascinating list. Some of these are some of my fav characters from their shows - Sark, Jed Bartlet, Jesse Pinkman, Ben Linus, Urkel & Carol from ER. While some of them are so iconic to shows that I never really watched that I automatically associate them with the show like Spike. And some I really can't believe were ever just supposed to be guest stars like Felicity, Frasier & Luke from Gilmore Girls. It really is funny how TV works out sometimes. Most of these shows would have never been as good without these characters on them. And I gotta agree with them, that I am still waiting for a Sark spin-off... :)

• Love 1

I would watch the hell out of a Sark spinoff. I had no idea that Bartlett was only planned to be a supporting character at best. That's wild. But the biggest one is that Jesse would have been killed off in the first season of Breaking Bad. I cannot fathom that show without Jesse.  Can't imagine LOST without Ben Linus. 

• Love 2

Right now it looks like Caitriona Balfe (Outlander) and Eliza Taylor (The 100) will be the other two going on to the Final Four besides EBR and CP. But those matches are still really close.

I am very curious to see what the Final Four matchups are.

Because Eonline wants the drama & the hits, I bet they will place EBR & CP against each other. That way they also secure at least 1 Flarrowverse female in the finale to them get those people to come back  & vote in the final round.

Edited by kismet
I know where my ultimate loyalty falls but EBR is a contender.

You mean CP?

Ah, I see how I left that sounding confusing.  EBR is my first pick but because she IMO was such an obvious contender in winning, I wondered if they'd be more likely to pit her against someone IMO who was also a more obvious contender like the Outlander person who I thought was going to be an obvious win over Amy Acker which I am apparently totally wrong about.  Maybe it's the ship from Outlander that gets soo much love?  I also in reading others comments probably wasn't taking into account the reality of CP's popularity. I like her fine but personally thought she wasn't inspiring much adoration beyond show loyalty. 

I think there is just voter fatigue. I will admit I've only voted like twice in this entire race. I have maybe tried like 4 times, but I give up after the recapthcas, frozen screens & just the fact that it takes forever to vote. If EBR makes it the final round, maybe I'll get back into it. But honestly, it just doesn't seem as important as previous contests.

I also find the title of the competition to be a little sexiest & that's disappointing me. Plus none of the actual actresses are all that into it. With the male contest the actors made promises to make funny videos & such. With the couple they promised an interview.

• Love 3

someone IMO who was also a more obvious contender like the Outlander person who I thought was going to be an obvious win over Amy Acker which I am apparently totally wrong about.

I don't think it was that Caitriona Balfe wasn't a strong contender, but that the POI fandom turned out to be more of a force to be reckoned with than people had thought (and I think a lot of it was probably specifically the Shaw/Root shippers). But I'm pretty sure Caitriona still did win. Last I checked before the voting closed she was still ahead, although I think Alycia Debnam-Carey might have pulled off a last minute win over Eliza Taylor in the battle of The 100 ladies.

I think Alycia Debnam-Carey might have pulled off a last minute win over Eliza Taylor in the battle of The 100 ladies.

That's the one I was upset about. Clarke is much more of BAMF then Lexa. I also think Eliza Taylor is a better actress having seen Alycia Debnam-Carey in Fear The Walking Dead. 

• Love 1

The POI fandom came out and bitch-slapped everyone this summer. Was it renewed? I hope so.

That's the one I was upset about. Clarke is much more of BAMF then Lexa. I also think Eliza Taylor is a better actress having seen Alycia Debnam-Carey in Fear The Walking Dead. 

Yep. 

The Outlander fandom's pretty tough. Sam Heughan seems to win about every single fan poll he gets put in. The most pleasant surprise from this poll for me is finding out how passionate CP fans are.

• Love 1

I also find the title of the competition to be a little sexiest & that's disappointing me. Plus none of the actual actresses are all that into it. With the male contest the actors made promises to make funny videos & such. With the couple they promised an interview.

I noticed that too.  Eonline's top tv male poll was called Alpha Male Madness. But their top tv female poll is called Girl on Top.  Just wonder if they ever considered calling the male poll Boy on Top and the female poll Alpha Female Madness.

• Love 1

SA is currently leading with 74% of the vote (not much competition though)...

Which celebrity impressed you the most inside the squared circle?
http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/which-celebrity-impressed-you-the-most-inside-the-squared-circle

- WWE's website has a new poll asking fans which celebrity impressed them in the ring the most - Snooki, Stephen Amell, Jay Leno, Lawrence Taylor, Maria Menounos, Dennis Rodman, Seth Green, Kevin Federline or former World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette. With almost 8,000 votes, 74% have voted for SummerSlam star Amell. The next closest are Snooki with 6%, Green with 5% and Menounos is tied with LT at 4%.

Bull Dempsey On What's Next For Him, WWE's Most Impressive Celebrity, Scott Stanford Notes
By Marc Middleton | August 30, 2015
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0830/600102/bull-dempsey-on-what-next-for-him/

• Love 1

I noticed that too.  Eonline's top tv male poll was called Alpha Male Madness. But their top tv female poll is called Girl on Top.  Just wonder if they ever considered calling the male poll Boy on Top and the female poll Alpha Female Madness.

Probably not because they would lose the inherent sexism. Its kinda degrading that its girl on top. Perhaps I'm just way to sensitive to it this time around. But I wish they hadn't found such a sexist & sexualized way to name their competition. Alpha Male is not that much better, but at least it doesn't automatically sexualize the winner. There can be alphas in packs & alpha personalities. Whereas Girl on Top generally only has one connotation. Even Top Girl would have been better.

Part of me used to enjoy EOnline, but they seem to have dropped a lot of their standards over the last few years - which is just disappointing. Oh well... rant over :)

• Love 2

So Eliza did make it. I wasn't sure there at the end. And EBR vs CP. :( Not surprising, but I was kind of hoping not. I'm going to guess that it will be Caitriona Balfe vs EBR in the finale then.

Edited by Starfish35

It won't let me vote. When I went to the page it looks like I already voted when I haven't. Anyone else having that problem?

Edited by Guest

It won't let me vote. When I went to the page it looks like I already voted when I haven't. Anyone else having that problem?

Yes, I tried using the above link and going in directly from the website and both times it's frozen on already voted